Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Hyphernkemberly Dorvilier set her newborn baby on fire

Hyphernkemberly Dorvilier set her newborn baby on fire

PEMBERTON, N.J. (CBS) ? A young South Jersey mother is in jail, charged with the burning death of her newborn baby Friday night.
    Authorities say 22-year-old Hyphernkemberly Dorvilier of Pemberton Township, Burlington County doused her newborn baby with a flammable liquid then set the child on fire in the middle of a road.
    It happened around 11 p.m. along Simontown Road. Police arrived and quickly extinguished the flames.
    ?It just puts life into perspective,? says Dave Joseph, who lives nearby.
    Joseph saw the small fire from his window and went to investigate.
    ?We actually didn?t think it was a baby, we just thought it was a fire, somebody dumping everything down there, but when we found out what it was, it was just a nightmare.?
    The infant was airlifted to St. Christopher?s Hospital in Philadelphia and died two hours later. Dorvilier was taken into custody at the scene.
    ?She was hiding,? Joseph said. ?She was trying to defy what it was. I had her on the ground. I was holding her down because she tried to get away.?

She has been charged with one count of Murder and is being held on $500,000 bail.
    Family friend Cameron Williams describes Dorvilier and her family as ?loving? and says they have no idea what prompted the crime:
    ?They?re doing the best they can under the circumstances. There?s a lot of people praying for them. We?re praying for them, my family is praying for them.?
    Details of the baby?s birth are unavailable at this time. An autopsy is expected to be performed in the near future.
    Neighbors set up a small memorial Saturday night at the scene of the crime for the child they never knew.
    The Burlington County Prosecutors office is now tasked with figuring out what happened and why.

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/201...on-new-jersey/

---------------

Neighbor Dave Joseph, 45, said he witnessed the incident, which occurred shortly before 11 p.m. at the unit block of the rural road. A young woman had gotten out of her car and lit something on fire in the middle of the road, he said.
    Joseph said the woman told him she was burning dog waste.
    ?Her demeanor was calm. She knew what she was doing,? he said.
    Joseph said the woman put out the fire with a water bottle. Joseph?s wife realized what was happening and began to scream. Dorvilier attempted to flee, but neighbors stopped her from escaping, Joseph said. The crime scene was about a mile and a half from Dorvilier?s home.
    ?It was just mind-boggling. It was a nightmare even if you have a strong heart,? he said. ?Hopefully she?ll pay for it.?
    The baby was still alive and breathing when fire and rescue teams arrived on the scene.
    ?We thought, hopefully, it would fight. It was fighting all night,? said Joseph.

http://www.buckscountycouriertimes.c...14f424f4f.html

I can't even with this shit.

I can't, can't, can't.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

Any time I hear of a mother killing their young baby I think of postpartum psychosis (I know this is not always the case). Ever since becoming a mother who battled with very sever postpartum depression I feel sympathy for these mothers. They are not in their right frame of mind and if it were me, I would pray to never be in my right frame of mind again for as long as I lived. Their family and their healthcare providers failed both the mother and the baby. I understand people will not agree with my view and that's ok. I came very, very close to hurting my baby on multiple occasions of the course of a few months. Thankfully I didn't. I couldn't go near the second story window in his room because I had visions of tossing him out the window, almost like an impulse, it is hard to describe. I couldn't go for a walk with him in the stroller because I had visions of throwing him over an over pass bridge in to traffic below. It was awful. AWFUL. To this day I have and only will ever have one child. I am so thankful to those who helped me and thankful that for what ever reason I was spared true postpartum psychosis. These stories just break my heart.

PK, I'm so sorry you suffered through that. I did, as well, but never to the degree that I wanted to harm my son. I did, however, cry uncontrollably for weeks on end. I couldn't even comfort him, much less myself.

It was horrible.

She called her baby dog shit. DOG SHIT!!! I have plenty of empathy for women who suffer from PPD. Most mother's have delusions that they are somehow saving their child from something when they kill it. This girl saw her new baby as the equivalent of shit. I'm no expert, but I call bullshit on the PPD defense. It sounds like this girl hated that baby.

"Theoretical physics can prove that an elephant can hang from a cliff with its tail tied to a daisy. But use your eyes, your common sense".... JIM GARRISON

I don't think she's claiming this disorder. At least, not yet.

Yeah, this still outrages me. It's horrific.

And, just cuz, she has a stupid fucking name, too.

What the fuck is wrong with thease bitches ?!

Senior Member UncomfortablyNumb's Avatar
    I had PPD with both of my kids. With my son, I loved my son, but wanted his dad (my spouse at the time) to disappear. I didn't even know that was a form of PPD until I went through it. Then with my daughter I was completely detached from her. There was no bond whatsoever until she was about 2 months old. I never wanted to hurt her, but every time I saw someone walking outside past my house I'd have thoughts of taking her out to them and saying "Here, take this, I don't want it." Once I told my then husband, we called the dr. I have problems with depression anyway, so I should have been prepared.

Lighting baby on fire and saying that her baby is dog shit...I can't even.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    She transitioned from a stupid asshole to a dumb bitch.

Thank you Peace, it was probably the worst time in my entire life. I still can't look at pictures of him during that time without feeling horrible and sick. My mother helped me the most. I think I was reading a story about a lady who killed her baby and was eating its brain, I was utterly fascinated with it and somehow was talking to my mom about it and saying how I could understand why she would do something like that and my mom pulled me aside and said "you shouldn't be reading this shit and I am taking you to the doctor".

Yeah, I think someone who truly has postpartum psychosis wouldn't have a clue they were actually suffering from it so they wouldn't be claiming it as a cause. Like the saying goes, crazy people do not think they are crazy. Saying she was burning dog waste seems crazy to me. I have a hard time with evil in this world. Part of me thinks the only way anyone could do something like this is if they were honestly crazy or a defect of the human race. Please don't think I mean this to say that they should not be held accountable for their actions.

*total side note, but I have no clue how to respond to notifications or if I can but thank you for them. I will read up on on the features and benefits of the forum one of these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigkiller View Post
    Any time I hear of a mother killing their young baby I think of postpartum psychosis (I know this is not always the case). Ever since becoming a mother who battled with very sever postpartum depression I feel sympathy for these mothers. They are not in their right frame of mind and if it were me, I would pray to never be in my right frame of mind again for as long as I lived. Their family and their healthcare providers failed both the mother and the baby. I understand people will not agree with my view and that's ok. I came very, very close to hurting my baby on multiple occasions of the course of a few months. Thankfully I didn't. I couldn't go near the second story window in his room because I had visions of tossing him out the window, almost like an impulse, it is hard to describe. I couldn't go for a walk with him in the stroller because I had visions of throwing him over an over pass bridge in to traffic below. It was awful. AWFUL. To this day I have and only will ever have one child. I am so thankful to those who helped me and thankful that for what ever reason I was spared true postpartum psychosis. These stories just break my heart.
    Quote Originally Posted by UncomfortablyNumb View Post
    I had PPD with both of my kids. With my son, I loved my son, but wanted his dad (my spouse at the time) to disappear. I didn't even know that was a form of PPD until I went through it. Then with my daughter I was completely detached from her. There was no bond whatsoever until she was about 2 months old. I never wanted to hurt her, but every time I saw someone walking outside past my house I'd have thoughts of taking her out to them and saying "Here, take this, I don't want it." Once I told my then husband, we called the dr. I have problems with depression anyway, so I should have been prepared.

Lighting baby on fire and saying that her baby is dog shit...I can't even.

to both of you. I was detached from both of my kids. It wasn't that noticeable for my son. I tried going back to work when he was 3 days old, but they wouldn't let me because I wasn't back on the schedule, I ended up going back when he was a week old. I worked my ass off and barely ever saw him, I was also raising my 2 nephews at the time. I got pregnant again when he was 4 months old. He hated me, never wanted to go to me when he was in need of comfort. Didn't think of me as his mom, called a close friend mom, until he was 9 months. I was put on bedrest, so I stopped working when he was 10 months. So when my daughter was born when he was 13 months, I tried for that not to happen. I just turned into a stay at home mom, and I tried forcing myself to love her. I would stare at her and wonder why I wanted nothing to do with her. Long story short, I finally got help, years later, because I hid it from everyone. My son has asperger's and never really showed affection towards anyone. He hated cuddling, hugs, kisses, and basically any contact. He was 3 1/2 and he randomly came up to me and started cuddling with me and said he loved me. Having kids is hard. I do understand how she is capable of thinking about this, but I hate that she didn't get help and give the child to someone else.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    WTF is with her name?

What a piece of shit. Seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Yeah, her name though. Her name.

Where they don't have maps.......such as..
    THANK YOU, BB and Bowie. I mentioned the weird name thing on the DD site and no one else seemed to double take on it. What the hell is up with that name??
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star
    I was about to be annoyed that this thread was still active, but I see now it's morphed into offers of sex for chilli confectionary, so carry on guys :)

At first I thought the name was a mistake and it was just kemberly...Coming from someone who named their kid an African name, names are just getting weirder and weirder lol

How do you even pronounce it?

I was thinking hi-fern-kimberly but for all we know, the hyphern could be silent.

(Hi Fern Chem Burly)

That's how I'm saying it.

Between the ocean and shitty farm fields, California
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    (Hi Fern Chem Burly)

That's how I'm saying it.
    Cunt.

That's how i'm saying it.
    Quote Originally Posted by UncomfortablyNumb View Post
    I want that fucking meat.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Quote Originally Posted by PunkerDuckie View Post
    Cunt.

Much easier to pronounce.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by kevansvault View Post
    Much easier to pronounce.

She has really, really, over-the-top bad skin... I don' think I've ever seen a black person with such bad skin. Meth maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by PunkerDuckie View Post
    Cunt.

But I'm a cute cunt!

She's totally looks like a druggie to me, too.

Hyphen-Kimberly.

Or - Kimberly.

I can't make room in my head for that extra dumb "r".

Quote Originally Posted by becoming View Post

She has really, really, over-the-top bad skin... I don' think I've ever seen a black person with such bad skin. Meth maybe?
    I think she just has those brown spots on her face. I can't remember what they are called.

On Saturday, Burlington County authorities charged the baby's mother, Hyphernkemberly Dorvilier, with murdering her newborn daughter. They said the infant, with her umbilical cord still attached, had been doused with an accelerant before she was set on fire.
    Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/news/lo...PWiyzqTPB3S.99
    On Saturday afternoon, all that remained of the crime scene was a black stain about the length of a ruler.
    Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/news/lo...PWiyzqTPB3S.99

Chloasma or something? All my Mauritian friends seemed to get it

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    Chloasma or something? All my Mauritian friends seemed to get it
    You have Martian friends?

Last edited by PeaceBeWithMe; 01-22-2015 at 06:34 AM.

Thread Information