Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Kendrea Johnson (6) found hanging in her bedroom in foster home from jump-rope, ruled as suicide.

Kendrea Johnson (6) found hanging in her bedroom in foster home from jump-rope, ruled as suicide.

BROOKLYN PARK, Minn. - Brooklyn Park police have closed their investigation into the hanging death of a 6-year-old girl without a clear finding of what happened.

Deputy Chief Mark Bruley says foul play isn't suspected in the death of Kendrea Johnson. She was found unconscious in a bedroom of her foster home with a jump rope around her neck Dec. 27.

Bruley says evidence points to suicide or an accident. He confirmed Thursday she'd been getting treatment for emotional problems, including suicidal thoughts. She'd been at the foster home since March.

Kendrea went into foster care in December 2013, after her mother allegedly abused drugs.

Kendrea's mother and grandmother have said they believe somebody killed her. Bruley says he understands their emotions. He says his detectives thoroughly investigated, calling the death "an absolute tragedy."

http://www.kare11.com/story/news/cri...nson/21817087/

how in this twisted universe does a six year old even know about suicide? RIP Kendrea

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

WTF?

I saw this on my facebook news and looked through most of the postings from other people. Most think she was killed by someone else, but who knows? I am shocked at the age of kids who commit suicide nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumaki15 View Post
    I saw this on my facebook news and looked through most of the postings from other people. Most think she was killed by someone else, but who knows? I am shocked at the age of kids who commit suicide nowadays.

Me too! But I was shocked when I hear about 11 and 12 year olds killing themselves. A six year old?! My soul hurts.

This is extremely sad and heartbreaking. My daughter is 5 and horribly depressed, but too young for medicine. So I'm not saying that it's not possible...but why does a 6 year old have a clue about hanging? My daughter knows about death, but I don't think she knows that people kill themselves, or even this way....

seriously, so freaking sad

Definitely. For a 6 year old to even consider suicide is hard to fathom. It also said it could have been an accident, but was ruled as suicide and then case closed

Kids do play by wrapping things around their necks, it could have been an accident like that...like she wrapped it too tight or something. but I don't think it should be considered suicide even if that is the case!

Absolute tragedy. While I don't know if it was an accident or not, children that age don't fully comprehend the permanence of death. I doubt she fully understood the concept of suicide. If it was intentional, I do wonder where she got the idea from.
    RIP Kendrea.

I'm a little skeptical that this little girl killed herself.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Yeah, I'm thinking accident or murder. 6 is crazy young. Why wouldn't they rule it an accident just to spare the family a little bit of pain? Seems weird to me that they would call this a suicide, because even if it seemed to be, it COULD have been an accident, and she's 6.

I saw on another site she supposedly left a suicide note. I'm going to try to track it down now...

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Yeah, this article says she wrote in purple marker two notes: "I'm sorry" and "I'm sad for what I do."

http://www.startribune.com/local/west/288633311.html

Quote Originally Posted by becoming View Post
    Yeah, this article says she wrote in purple marker two notes: "I'm sorry" and "I'm sad for what I do."

http://www.startribune.com/local/west/288633311.html
    Beat me to it!

I'm just not buying that this kid killed herself. The police said the knots on the rope were way too complicated for a 6 year old to do.

Also she had OLD ligature marks on her neck that were in the process of healing.

Many thing stand out to me.
    "Her most recent foster mother told Brooklyn Park police that the girl once threatened to kill her with a screwdriver." Is the the same foster home she died in? If so, shouldn't that have been a warning to social services to keep a eye on her situation?

"The records don’t say if her foster parents, Tannise and Adrea Nawaqavou, knew about Kendrea’s treatments at a day facility for her mental illness." How would they not know? Wouldn't there be some sort of plan that needs to be followed? At least, the foster parents being informed she was in treatment?

"Her treatment included behavior therapy for post-traumatic stress syndrome, including anxiety and anger outbursts. At first, the report said, Kendrea had suicidal thoughts seven days a week, but they were down to five days a week just before she died, the report said." Once again, her foster family had no idea about this?

"Her foster father told police that he checked on Kendrea about 8 p.m. and that she appeared to be standing on her bed and watching television, the report said. He checked on her 10 minutes later and she was still in the same position, but this time hanging in a noose made from a jump rope. In their initial report, police said the rope’s knots appeared too sophisticated for a child to tie." Maybe it's just me but if I check on my child and he's standing on the bed or even laying on it, I say hey what you doing? or lay down, just something. And in 10 minutes a 6 year old made a noose? I'm 37 and couldn't make a noose to save my life. I just wonder if they are just saying it was a noose but really just wrapped around her neck?

I'm thinking this was not suicide. Maybe an accident with the 15 year old and they are trying to protect him.

Has anyone seen when her birthday is?

She was found with a jump rope around her neck and the other was attached to the bunk bed. There was also a white bucket in the room and some blood on the bottom bunk. There were several notes written by Kendrea

Kendrea was a very disturbed girl. She had been in many foster homes and she destroyed them.

I had to go back and find the an article about the serch warrant in this case.
    http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/story...ter-care-death

The police investgated this case. As hard as it is to believe, I really do think this girl commited suicide. It would be very easy for her to learn about suicide by watching TV. Her mom lost the kids due to drugs and "bad parenting" (what the article says) and we have no idea exactly what bad parenting the mom was doing. Kendrea could have been exposed to stuff most 6 yr old don't see. It's obv there were some issues going on with this poor kid.

Thanks for the update. That if awful all the way around. She must have been through alot to be so disturbed and desperate :(

Quote Originally Posted by 48nascarfan View Post

"Her foster father told police that he checked on Kendrea about 8 p.m. and that she appeared to be standing on her bed and watching television, the report said. He checked on her 10 minutes later and she was still in the same position, but this time hanging in a noose made from a jump rope. In their initial report, police said the rope’s knots appeared too sophisticated for a child to tie." Maybe it's just me but if I check on my child and he's standing on the bed or even laying on it, I say hey what you doing? or lay down, just something. And in 10 minutes a 6 year old made a noose? I'm 37 and couldn't make a noose to save my life. I just wonder if they are just saying it was a noose but really just wrapped around her neck?
    The article that berm posted says she was coloring and that she was found hanging 45 minutes later. Not ten.

Johnson, who died Saturday night in a Brooklyn Park foster care home, went into her bedroom at her normal bedtime, about 8 p.m. A few minutes later, a male living in the home said he saw her coloring -- everything appeared normal.

But just 45 minutes later the sassy 6-year-old was found lifeless by her foster father. Kendrea was hanging by a rope tied to her bunkbed.

Is it just me or does it seem like a minimal amount of effort was put into this investigation? I'm not saying she didn't do it herself. Anything is possible these days. It just looks like she was just another kid in foster care who's mother was a druggie. No one of big importance that would warrant a full indepth investigation that would use tax dollars. It's like the police were told, "We found this kid hanging. Here's a suicide note and a bucket.", and they are like, "Ok.". CASE CLOSED.

I ain't seeing a 6 year plot out her own suicide without some input or assistance from somewhere. Seriously think about all that is involved in hanging one's self and leaving a crayon suicide note. I'm not convinced.

"Theoretical physics can prove that an elephant can hang from a cliff with its tail tied to a daisy. But use your eyes, your common sense".... JIM GARRISON

That picture is photoshopped. Awkward.

She suicided. She probably was mimicking what she saw on tv or something, not understanding the full impact.

Kids from the hood are wise beyond their years. A 6yr old in the foster system is like a typical 16yr old. They're exposed to almost anything you can imagine, so they learn fast. It's almost like a survival tactic. I've met 6yr olds that knew what sex was in detail, why wouldn't they know about suicide?
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

So sad to have no hope so young. Shins is right, she may have been exposed and subjected to horrible things. I pray she is finally peaceful and can be a carefree kid wherever she is now. RIP little girl, you had no chance.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    I'm with Shins. Even though I don't want to believe this little girl was that disturbed and that knowledgeable about the horrors of the world, I think she was and did. Not knowing the full impact, I'm sure. It sounds like she not only suffered behavioral problems due to nurture, but also from nature. Because by the sounds of it she had some serious mental issues as well. So tragic. And such a beautiful little girl
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Maybe I just don't want to believe that it's possible. As for the suicide note, what was she sorry for? Maybe if we knew what she did for her to write it, I guess it would bring a little bit more insight. I'm not a fan of kids being put in foster care, because sometimes it's not always the best for the child and they get in worse situations....but reading the mom and...I'm guessing he would be the step dad if she's married to him?'s facebooks it seemed like they were all about drugs, selling foodstamps for drugs and all that.

ugh! poor little girl.

Thread Information