Thread: Man survives after suicide attempts with spatula, knife and gunshot to face.

Man survives after suicide attempts with spatula, knife and gunshot to face.

http://www.nj.com/mercer/index.ssf/2...roke_into.html

EWING -- A New York City man was in stable condition at an area hospital after wresting a handgun from a Ewing man late Monday night and shooting himself in the face after an unsuccessful attempt to slit his own throat with a spatula and knifing himself in the stomach, police said.

Dwayne Jackson, 48, was visiting a girlfriend at a home Arden Avenue around 11:30 p.m. when he began acting strangely, Captain Rocco Maruca said.

Jackson ran out of the home and a short time later began knocking at the door of a home on the 200 block of Ewingville Road. A 72-year-old woman answered the door, Maruca said.

Jackson asked to use her phone. She refused. Jackson asked how to get to Trenton. She told him and tried to close the door. Jackson blocked it and forced himself into the house, Maruca said.

Jackson entered the woman's kitchen, went through the drawers and pulled out a cake spatula and tried to slit his throat. When that didn't work, he found a butcher's knife and stabbed himself in the stomach, Maruca said.

A 76-year-old man then came out of his bedroom with a loaded .357 handgun. Jackson lunged at the man, Maruca said.

The two struggled. The homeowner fired two rounds, but did not hit Jackson, who was able to wrestle the gun away. Jackson then put the gun to his chin and fired. The homeowners were uninjured, Maruca said.

Police found Jackson lying face down inside the home. He was taken to Capital Health Regional Medical Center in Trenton by Ewing EMS, Maruca said.

Anyone with information about the incident is encouraged to call Detective Pat Holt at 609-882-1313, ext. 5571, or the Ewing Police Tip Line at 609-882-7530.
    Last edited by PeaceBeWithMe; 01-08-2015 at 09:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

Another good guy with a gun...
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

whoa. total fail buddy. glad the homeowners were ok.

Why don't people kill themselves in their own damn house?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

i'm assuming this is the type of cake spatula?

it's the only thing that makes any sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

If he really wanted to kill himself, why didn't he take the butcher knife and slit his throat with THAT or stab himself in the throat.

pretty sure he wasn't in his "right" mind to think it through logically.

Thread Information