Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Marina Boelter, 18, goes missing from IGA parking lot.

Marina Boelter, 18, goes missing from IGA parking lot.

http://www.wbiw.com/local/archive/20...ounty-teen.php

Police Searching For Missing Greene County Teen

(BLOOMFIELD) - Police are searching for a missing Greene County teen.

According to Bloomfield Town Marshall Ken Tharp, 18-year-old Marina Boelter was reported missing on January 1.

Boelter was reported as missing by fellow employees when she failed to show up for work.

Marina Boelter is caucasian, five feet three inches tall with blonde hair and blue eyes.

Police say she was last seen in the Bloomfield IGA parking lot at around 6 p.m. on New Year's Eve.

There was no description of her clothing and Tharp could not confirm earlier reports that Boelter was last seen arguing with her boyfriend at the time of her disappearance.

Law enforcement officials are asking anyone with information about Boelter is asked to contact the Greene County Sheriff's Department at (812) 384-4411 or Greene County Crime Stoppers at (812) 847-5463.
    https://www.facebook.com/FindMarinaBoelter

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

More details:

http://www.heraldtimesonline.com/new...01f39accb.html

From more than 2,000 miles away, Ashley Boelter is desperately trying to find her husband’s 18-year-old sister, who disappeared from the Bloomfied IGA parking lot at 6 p.m. New Year’s Eve after working her shift at the grocery deli.

Police are not saying much about Marina Boelter’s disappearance a week ago. Bloomfield Town Marshal Kenny Tharp did not return a call seeking information about the investigation, and Indiana State Police Sgt. Curt Durnil said his agency has not been called in to assist.

In the meantime, the missing teen’s 32-year-old half brother, David Boelter, flew to Indiana Tuesday from Nevada to search. He was joined by the woman’s father, John Boelter, and her uncle, who live in Ohio, and two of their cousins. “They are canvassing the area, trying to talk to anyone who knew Marina, to find out more,” Ashley Boelter said.

She created a Facebook page called Find Marina Boelter, and established a Go Fund Me account to raise money for a reward for information about the woman’s disappearance. Greene County Crimestoppers also is offering a reward for information.

Ashley Boelter is feeling helpless. She has lined up professional search teams in Indianapolis and in Cincinnati that she says are ready to travel to Bloomfield if local police give their OK. “I have called the town marshal in charge, and no one is getting back to me. We are out of the loop as to what the police have to say,” Ashley Boelter said from her home in Carson City, Nevada. “When I talked to the sergeant at the state police, he told me that calling in search teams could hinder their investigation, so they would not authorize it.”

ISP 1st Sgt. Paul Suding said Tuesday that any independent searches at this time by a non-law enforcement group could possibly hurt the integrity of any discovered evidence, and possibly the outcome of the case.

Ashley Boelter said that from what she has learned, her sister-in-law was last seen walking across a gravel parking lot near the IGA, where she reportedly got into a car with a man. The information came from a former boyfriend of the missing woman. The sister-in-law claims that the ex-boyfriend said he talked to the missing woman and suggested she catch a ride with him, but instead, she left the area in a car with a man he did not recognize.

“None of us believes that is what happened,” Ashley Boelter said. “I try not to, but my gut instinct and avid-criminal-show-watching brain is thinking that something bad may have happened to her.”

Bloomfield IGA Manager Matt Williams said Boelter has worked at the store about six months, putting in 30 hours a week at the deli counter. He said his employees have been cooperating with police and answering questions, and that they spoke to David Boelter when he came to the store on Tuesday. The store has fliers on the door about Boelter’s disappearance. “We are hoping for the best,” he said.

Marina Boelter had lived in Ohio with her father until about four years ago, her sister-in-law said, when she moved to Bloomfield to live with her mother, Tressie Palmer. The missing woman’s grandfather, Craven Palmer, lives in Greene County as well; neither could be reached on Tuesday. Marina Boelter has a 9-month-old son who was not living with his mother when she went missing.

"She was getting her life on track after having some struggles,” Ashley Boelter said. She last heard from her sister-in-law in October, when they exchanged Facebook messages. “We were offering her support as she took steps to get her life together for her and her son,” she said. “We have been trying for years to get her to move out here with us, to start a fresh life.”

This looks like her Pinterest. Can't seem to find her Facebook, even though her SIL mentions them communication via Facebook.

https://www.pinterest.com/msmarinaaa/

Modeling page:

http://www.exploretalent.com/marinaboelter

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBeWithMe View Post
    This looks like her Pinterest. Can't seem to find her Facebook, even though her SIL mentions them communication via Facebook.

https://www.pinterest.com/msmarinaaa/

Modeling page:

http://www.exploretalent.com/marinaboelter
    She was into modeling? The picture in the first post is....um....not very flattering. They couldn't have picked a better one?

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    She was into modeling? The picture in the first post is....um....not very flattering. They couldn't have picked a better one?
    That's just a site that any yokel can get on and post pics and create a profile. I doubt they put a lot of thought into them.

http://wlfi.com/2015/01/05/water-sea...-victim-found/

This girl was found dead and worked at the same IGA.

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyCooper View Post
    http://wlfi.com/2015/01/05/water-sea...-victim-found/

This girl was found dead and worked at the same IGA.
    Shame. What a tough break for the folks there. Must really by gut-wrenching. Looks like this one accidentally drove into flood waters.

http://www.gcdailyworld.com/story/2153562.html.
    So odd that they both went missing on the same day!

My mistake. They didnt go missing on the same day. Just two unfortunate events!

Here is her MySpace: https://myspace.com/100700735

On Tuesday, Greene County Prosecutor Jarrod Holtsclaw said his office is actively involved in the investigation along with the Bloomfield Police Department and investigators from the Indiana State Police.
    http://www.gcdailyworld.com/story/2153608.html

Here's another picture.

Marina's family told WLWT News 5 that her son was safe and had been staying with a foster family even before her disappearance.
    http://www.wlwt.com/news/groups-sear...diana/30582504

I wonder why the baby was in a foster home?

Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    I wonder why the baby was in a foster home?

Based on what I read, she had some issues but was trying to get her life together.

Aside from her family being pretty far apart, they seem close. I'm surprised no one in the family has a baby. Although I don't think she is close to her mom because her mom lives nearby and has not taken part in the search.

I live a town over. The gossip is that the baby was removed from the home due to a sitter abusing him, she deleted her Facebook for this reason im guessing. They now have a lead on a car.

Quote Originally Posted by Halie Hutcherson View Post
    I live a town over. The gossip is that the baby was removed from the home due to a sitter abusing him, she deleted her Facebook for this reason im guessing. They now have a lead on a car.
    Thanks, Halie! And welcome to the board.

A lead on a car? Are they now assuming the ex told the truth, as well?

I belive so. Not much is being said it's all very hush hush right now. They still don't have authority to do search on their own yet

January 14, 2015: Family of missing Greene County woman desperate for information

"Police acknowledge ?persons of interest? in the case and indicate that evidence of some kind was found during a helicopter search near Bloomfield Saturday, but authorities will not provide any specific information for fear of jeopardizing the investigation. Information to the media has been limited as the search and investigation continue, and the family says that they, too, are out of the police loop."

Read more: http://www.heraldtimesonline.com/new...89323d2f0.html

That person of interest is no longer viable. Police are now looking for new leads.

http://wthitv.com/2015/01/20/indiana...arina-boelter/

BLOOMFIELD, Ind. (WTHI) – While detectives state they are continuing their investigation into the disappearance of Marina Boelter, officials report they have exhausted their leads on their possible suspect.

Boelter was last scene on New Year’s Eve getting into what was described as a four door 2009-2011 Mercury Milan near the Bloomfield IGA.

The person of interest reported as the driver of that vehicle was a white male in his 40’s or 50’s and described as heavyset. On Tuesday afternoon officials reported they have exhausted their leads on this person of interest. They also stated they are needing no more information or tips in regards to that person of interest.

Marina Boelter was last seen wearing blue jeans with rhinestone designs on the back pockets, a black and purple jacket and Nike tennis shoes, described as white, with a pink swoosh and black trim.

Please call (812) 332-4411 and speak to the Post Commander or contact ISP Bloomington via Facebook or Twitter with any new information. Tips can remain anonymous.

http://www.wlwt.com/news/man-who-saw...-dead/31256846

"Man who reported last seeing missing 18-year-old Marina Boelter found dead

BLOOMFIELD, Ind. (AP) -
    A Bloomfield man was found stabbed to death about six weeks after he was one of the last people to see a missing woman.

Indiana State Police Sgt. Curt Durnil said the body of 22-year-old D.J. Lockhart was found Thursday evening in a home in Bloomfield, about 65 miles southwest of Indianapolis.

An autopsy was planned for Friday.

No arrests have been made.

Lockhart is the former boyfriend of 18-year-old Marina Boelter, who disappeared New Year's Eve after work at the Bloomfield IGA. Lockhart has told police he saw Boelter get into a car with an older man and they drove away. Police have said they've exhausted all leads about the car and man described to them.

Durnil said it was not clear whether the stabbing and the disappearance were connected.

Anyone with information on Boelter's whereabouts or the death of Lockhart was asked to call police."

Hillbilly justice?

http://wishtv.com/2015/02/13/bloomfi...an-found-dead/

Still no updates on her, but her ex - and one of the last people to see her alive - is dead. He was stabbed through the heart.

Wow, wonder if its connected ? Didn't see that one coming !

I know, right? They aren't confirming a connection right now, but it's so strange!

I didn't realize this until I was reading some follow-up articles, but the murdered ex was the baby's father.

That wee one now has lost both of his parents.

God, that is so sad.

Fuck !

Makes you wonder if somebody decided to get their own justice for Marina.

That was my first thought....

Thread Information