Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Gunman executes 2 NYPD cops as "revenge" for Garner & Brown

Gunman executes 2 NYPD cops as "revenge" for Garner & Brown

Two uniformed NYPD officers were shot dead Saturday afternoon as they sat in their marked police car on a Brooklyn street corner in what investigators believe was a crazed gunman's *assassination-style mission to avenge Eric Garner and Michael Brown.

"It's an execution," one law-enforcement source said of the 3 p.m. shooting of police officers Wenjian Liu and Rafael Ramos.

The tragic heroes were working overtime as part of an anti-terrorism drill in Bedford-Stuyvesant when they were shot point-blank in the head by the lone gunman, identified by sources as Ismaaiyl Brinsley, 28, who had addresses in Georgia and Brooklyn.

Moments after killing the two officers, he too was dead, having turned the gun on himself on a nearby subway platform as cops closed in.

"I'm Putting Wings on Pigs Today," a person believed to be the gunman wrote on Instagram in a message posted just three hours before the officers were shot.

"They Take 1 Of Ours' Let's Take 2 of Theirs," the post continued, signing off with, This May Be My Final Post."

The Instagram page included an image of a silver automatic handgun with a wooden handle. Another image showed the same camouflage pants and distinctive blue sneakers worn by the gunman as his body was carried from the scene on a stretcher. He used the hashtag #ShootThePolice, along with two other hashtags referencing Garner and Brown.

Brinsley walked up to the cops' patrol car at the corner of Myrtle and Tompkins avenues, approaching from the sidewalk. Witnesses told police that Brinsley wordlessly blasted into the patrol car's front passenger-side window. Then he stood stock still for a few moments, fleeing into the subway only when he heard the sirens of a second police car. Once in the subway, "they engaged the guy and he did himself," one investigator said.

Brinsley was a fugitive who had just murdered his girlfriend in Baltimore Saturday morning, sources told The Post. The two officers were pronounced dead at Woodhull Hospital, where their colleagues and family members huddled tearfully. City Council President Melissa Mark-Viverito and Mayor Bill de Blasio were less than welcome guests at the poignant gathering.

"We're all in this together," the mayor told grieving cops, according to a cop who was there. "No we're not," one officer said tersely in response. Just last week cops began signing a "Don't Insult My Sacrifice" waiver, distributed by the Patrolmen's Benevolent Association, that warned the mayor and speaker to stay away from funerals of cops killed in the line of duty.

Lieutenants Benevolent Association President Lou Turco, like many cops, likened the murders to the 1988 assassination of Police Officer Eddie Byrne. The 22-year-old rookie cop was alone in a squad car in Jamaica, Queens, guarding the home of a witness in a drug case, when he was shot in the head five times. The hit was ordered by jailed drug kingpin "Pappy" Mason, in retaliation for his arrest.

"I don't even know how to respond to this," Turco said. "Twenty-eight years on and I don't know what to say." Another cop, who is black, said he fears that "this is just the beginning." "There are people out there who will want to be copycats. The tension out there is the worst I've ever seen it." Both shooting locations "above and below ground" were scenes of blood and terror.

"I heard shooting, "four or five shots," ear-witness Derrick McKie, 49, told The Post of the cops' tragic murder. "It sounded like from a single gun," he said. Ambulances and police cars "at least one located only a block away" rushed to the scene, he said. "I seen them putting the cop in the ambulance. He looked messed up," McKie, a barber, added. "He took a high caliber weapon to the face. He was lifeless". I couldn't see where the holes was that, all I could see was blood. His body was lifeless."

Singer and songwriter Uriel Winfree III rushed to his roof when he heard the gunshots nearby. "There was a cop on the ground everyone was around him," he recalled. "They were doing CPR on the cop, then they loaded him in the ambulance and they are hauling ass. Everyone was hauling ass."

Carmen Jimenez, 32, a social worker from Bed-Stuy, was on the platform when the gunman ran inside, pursued by officers. "Everything happened so quick," said Jimenez, who is eight months pregnant. "We were standing waiting for the G train. We heard arguing from the other end of the platform. "It looked like two cops came in there was lots of yelling and they said, "Everybody get down." "We tried to get out of there, and there was a lot of shouting, people were screaming, people were trying to run. I threw myself on the floor. I was afraid for my life and afraid for my baby."

Brinsley has a criminal record dating back to at least 2006, when he was arrested in Georgia for carrying a concealed weapon, a knife, as well as shoplifting, according to online records.

The next year he was nabbed in Dekalb County., Ga., for criminal trespass, and by 2009, he was indicted in Ohio for robbery, a charge that was later apparently dismissed. In 2011, the shooter was arrested again in Georgia for reckless conduct, tampering with evidence, criminal property damage, and discharging his weapon. The outcome of the case is unknown.

"My deepest thoughts and prayers are with the families of the police officers killed in the line of duty today", Public Advocate Letitia James said in a statement.
    "Today, the entire city mourns with the NYPD."

http://nypost.com/2014/12/20/2-nypd-...ium=SocialFlow
    Last edited by beli; 12-21-2014 at 06:37 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

He killed 2 police officers for "revenge" but why did he kill his girlfriend? I think he's just an asshole that wants to kill people.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Supposedly this is from his facebook.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=fef_1419124888
    Gooble goble gooble goble one of us one of us. t(-_-)t

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by puke View Post
    Supposedly this is from his facebook.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=fef_1419124888
    I've had conversations like this.

Motherfuckers been in the country for 5 minutes, and wanna shit on me? Fuck off.
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Memes have started....

Last edited by Ron_NYC; 12-20-2014 at 11:19 PM.

I hate when people refer to cops as pigs. They put their life on the line everyday and I'd really like to see some of these people who bash police walk their "beat" and see how they handle it. I know there are some bad cops but the majority are good and do a job that is very hard for little pay.

Quote Originally Posted by dtfpaf798 View Post
    I hate when people refer to cops as pigs. They put their life on the line everyday and I'd really like to see some of these people who bash police walk their "beat" and see how they handle it. I know there are some bad cops but the majority are good and do a job that is very hard for little pay.
    The French call them chickens. Les poulet. Always wondered why. Then again, where did we get pigs from?

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    This doesn't help. He was mentally ill and would've killed for any reason. I bet he thought nothing of Gardner or Brown while committing these murders. It's people like him that hurt the case against police brutality. Just as police officers want us to recognize them as individuals, and that they all aren't bad. I hope they can recognize that this guy has nothing whatsoever to do with the protest against police brutality.

I'm not the greatest Al Sharpton fan. I don't watch his show, but I am so tired of people associating him with Jesse Jackson. They are not one and the same. I know that the Twanna Bradley situation was very distasteful, who's to say that he knew she was lying? He didn't run to the Trayvon Martin cause, nor the Mike Brown. The families and attorneys called him. I don't find him nearly as bad as Jesse. I used to go attend Operation Push, I don't ever recall him doing anything good. The fact that he hated/hates Obama because he wasn't the first Black president is asinine. Jesse has done a few good things, helping to free hostages, and .....

Why Police Officers are Sometimes Called ?Pigs?Unlike so many other nicknames for the police, such as cops and the fuzz, this particular term has a relatively well known origin. You see, starting around the sixteenth century ?pig? began being used in English as a derogatory term for people, whether police or not, as it still sometimes is used today. It took about three more centuries, but this particular insult inevitably became a popular nickname for oft-insulted police officers, with the first documented reference to this being in the Dictionary of Buckish Slang, University Wit and Pickpocket Eloquence, published in London in 1811. In it, the pertinent line in question is: ?The pigs frisked my panney, and nailed my screws.? Meaning: ?The officers searched my house, and seized my picklocks.?
    http://www.todayifoundout.com/index....s-called-pigs/

Anyone have a link for the girlfriend that he killed?
    Last edited by Queena; 12-21-2014 at 01:54 AM.

Some losers want notoriety at any cost and want their heinous acts to be attributed to a noble cause ... killing two innocent cops doing a dangerous and underpaid job is not the answer for righting wrongs (as there clearly were in the deaths of Brown ad Garner.)

Sad and tragic ending for these two cops .... this type of revenge does not help the cause at all and unravels the fabric of community creating more suspicion for our increasing polarized society. We are destroying ourselves with the senseless and rampant gun violence in our country

"Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves" .. Confucius
    "The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation " ...... Henry David Thoreau

The French call them chickens. Les poulet. Always wondered why. Then again, where did we get pigs from?

Interesting fact Ron. Google provided the below as to why cops are called pig.
    Police - pigs
    Back in 1809, Sir Robert Peel entered the House of Commons in London - he developed a passion for Sandy Back pigs found in Ireland and began to breed them in Tamworth. Soon, these pigs were known as Tamworth pigs. Pig slang was commonplace in Tamworth because of this, it was in 1829 that the relation to police came into it.
    Politicians were concerned about the way London was policed and Sir Robert Peel changed things - his changes resulted in the formation of the Metropolitan Police. This is why police are referred to as 'Bobbies' or 'Peelers'; they were Bobby's boys...
    Due to the pig nature that Tamworth had become, the police suffered the same fate as other Tamworth products did: They became related to pigs.

Starting in August 1968 and for a number of years afterwards, police officers were called pigs by young people, the disenchanted and even the media. This came about when a group who called themselves the Yippies, protested near the 1968 National Democratic Convention in Chicago. They had a small pig as their presidential candidate, and when police disrupted their demonstration, they started to call the police pigs. The expression caught on. Years later, the radical leaders of the Yippies became mainstream and calling police "pigs" drifted into the past

just two reasons i found on the internet. there will be loads more though

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    He killed 2 police officers for "revenge" but why did he kill his girlfriend? I think he's just an asshole that wants to kill people.
    Yep

New York Post video of the aftermath at the execution scene

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=128_1419187038
    Gooble goble gooble goble one of us one of us. t(-_-)t

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    I think the original article was wrong - I think his ex-GF (Shaneka Thompson) survived (so far) being shot.

Thompson was in critical condition Sunday at University of Maryland Hospital Shock and Trauma Center in Baltimore.

At 6:05 a.m. Saturday, Brinsley called Thompson?s mother.

"He said he shot her by accident and he hopes she lives," Boyce said of the conversation.
    http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.2052600
    I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. - Donnie Darko

Quote Originally Posted by puke View Post
    New York Post video of the aftermath at the execution scene

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=128_1419187038
    That was a tough watch.

Fuck this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by debk589 View Post
    That was a tough watch.

Fuck this guy.
    Didn't work for me. What happens? Were people really cheering? That sounds like a right wing lie to me.

Didn't work for me. What happens? Were people really cheering? That sounds like a right wing lie to me.
    no cheering.

Compare that video to the video's of Garner, Rice and Brown. As Garner and Rice lay dying, there were no paramedics...No one hurrying to save their lives. Brown's body laid in the street for hours.

Quote Originally Posted by marycontrary View Post
    Compare that video to the video's of Garner, Rice and Brown. As Garner and Rice lay dying, there were no paramedics...No one hurrying to save their lives. Brown's body laid in the street for hours.
    Haha the effort they put into saving themselves is epic, isn't it?

Probably a great time to rob a bank.

Callousness is really not indicated in this case or any senseless taking of the life of another.

"Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves" .. Confucius
    "The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation " ...... Henry David Thoreau

Hope everyone realises by now that the blood on his shoe belongs to Shaneka Thompson, the black female Veteran's Affairs staffer he shot first & who MSM ignored for days

Between the ocean and shitty farm fields, California
    Haha the effort they put into saving themselves is epic, isn't it?
    The effort put into saving anyone by EMS is epic. Don't shit on my people ron.
    Quote Originally Posted by UncomfortablyNumb View Post
    I want that fucking meat.

It's not so much a comment on EMS as it's a comment on police willingness to call EMS.

Antonio Martin bled out in a parking lot in St Louis a few days ago. After police shot him they waited 30 mins to make that call.

You can't do epic work saving lives if no-one tells you you're needed until it's too late.

Between the ocean and shitty farm fields, California
    In active crime scenes we do stage until they are sure it is 100% safe. We don't have vests, or any other protection in case a suspect or active shooter is still on scene. That happens across the board - even if no cops are on scene yet at all.

In all seriousness though, if it is multiple center body mass or headshots, as seen in the cases of the NYPD officers, there's not a lot we can do. They die anyway. In the time it takes to be sure it is clear for EMS to enter, people can die with serious injuries- and even if we get there and are cleared to go in, they die in the rig.

We had a guy here last week that was murdered (by who knows) and bled out in our officers arms in the less than 5 minutes it took for our EMS unit to get the call and get there. The cops happened to be on a traffic stop around the corner and heard the shots and got there first. 6 shots to the head and upper chest. Doomed regardless of our speed.

In cases of traumatic arrest the recovery rate is nearly non existent. Even under the best scenarios and situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by UncomfortablyNumb View Post
    I want that fucking meat.

Quote Originally Posted by PunkerDuckie View Post
    The effort put into saving anyone by EMS is epic. Don't shit on my people ron.
    I don't make the news, I just report it.

Thread Information