Thread: Stuart Heddle (39) allegedly took his own life

Stuart Heddle (39) allegedly took his own life

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2015...k_his_own_life

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-12-1...s-help/5973570

The wife of a 39-year-old Canberra man who went missing on Saturday after heading to the local pool has delivered a heartfelt plea to the public for information on his whereabouts.

Stuart Heddle left his Chisholm home bound for Tuggeranong Lakeside Leisure Centre early on Saturday morning for water polo, but he never made it there.

Police now hold grave concerns for his welfare and are stepping up their efforts to find him.

Mr Heddle's wife Jenny had a message for her husband.

"Stuart, I love you and your beautiful children... are desperate to see you," she said.

"I know you're OK. You and I have been together forever. You are my best friend, my soulmate and the greatest dad ever.

"Your children, and your parents, extended family and friends are all wanting you to come home. I love you Stuart with all my heart. I will love you forever and always. Please make contact, or hang on until we can find you."

Voice trembling, Mrs Heddle asked the public to think back to last Saturday morning.

"If you saw Stuart walking in the Chisholm area or have any information as to his whereabouts, contact police," she said.

Mr Heddle set off for the pool on foot at 7:30am on Saturday, without a mobile phone or wallet.

Nobody saw him at there, and he has not contacted friends or family since.

The father of two is about 183cm tall, with a thin frame, fair skin, short dark brown hair and light brown eyes.

When he left home was wearing a brown and maroon-coloured Converse-branded hooded jumper, grey, white and blue coloured Asics sneakers and navy-coloured Nike sport shorts.

Detective senior constable Paul Reynolds said police had conducted an extensive search of the Tuggeranong area, on foot and with jet skis on Lake Tuggeranong, with no luck.

"This is very out of character for Stuart and his family are tremendously concerned for his welfare, as are we," he said.

"There is nothing to suggest his behaviour has changed at all in the lead-up to this event."

Constable Reynolds said it was not strange for Mr Reynolds to walk to water polo, but it was very unusual for him to have left his phone and wallet at home.

He said Mr Heddle was described by family as a generous, caring man who loved his friends and family and was fastidious in maintaining his appointments.

"They're distressed at this time. Obviously they'd love to see Stuart home with them, safe and well," he said.

"Stuart is not in any trouble at all - we're concerned for his welfare."

Constable Reynolds said at this time there was nothing to suggest foul play.

Anyone with information has been asked to call police on 131 444 or Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.

His wife's FB - https://www.facebook.com/jenny.heddle

Found dead

Police have found the dead body of missing man Stuart Heddle on Thursday.

The 39-year-old Chisholm father of two went missing on Saturday.

The man was located at 11.15am after an extensive search operation by the AFP and ACT State Emergency Service.

Advertisement

Police said at this stage there are no suspicious circumstances surrounding his death and a report is currently being prepared for the Coroner.

Mr Heddle left his home on Saturday morning to go to water polo at Tuggeranong Aquatic Centre but never showed up. He was not seen or heard from since.

Police intensified their search on Monday, while Mr Heddle's family described his disappearance as "enormously out of character".

His wife, Jenny, made an emotional appeal for public to help to locate her husband on Wednesday, calling on her "soul mate" and "best friend" to make contact with police.

Meanwhile, Canberrans and friends recently co-ordinated a poster campaign to help locate Mr Heddle.

A Facebook page was created for concerned Canberrans to share information, co-ordinate search activities, and download missing person posters for distribution across the ACT region.

Mr Heddle was described by his loved ones as a family and community-orientated father who loved his wife and children.

The public servant was heavily involved with the territory's water polo community the past 18 months, including as a Tuggeranong Vikings Water Polo coach.

Mr Heddle's family was overwhelmed by an outpouring of support to find him.

Police increased search efforts in Tuggeranong on Wednesday, with SES volunteers assigned to bushland adjacent to the Monaro Highway and water police patrolling waterways in the area, after an initial search has been conducted in the area of Mr Heddle's home in Chisholm.

Thread Information