Thread: Meta Valentine, 43, missing. Boyfriend caught running towards her on video prior to disappearance.

Meta Valentine, 43, missing. Boyfriend caught running towards her on video prior to disappearance.

http://abc11.com/news/family-of-miss...r-help/432285/

Family of missing Fayetteville woman cries for help

FAYETTEVILLE (WTVD) --
    Her family managed to give thanks on Thanksgiving Day, but there was one person missing from the table.

Meta Valentine, 43, hasn't been seen or heard from in six weeks. The Fayetteville woman's family is hoping they won't spend Christmas without her.

"There is no feeling like the uncertainty of not knowing my mother's safety," cried, Martai-Ya Valentine, Meta's 23-year-old daughter.

"This is only something that I've only seen on TV, and the movies," said Valentine's 21-year-old son, DeMario Valentine. "This isn't something that you prepare for or get used to."

Valentine's family, including her mother, sister and children, made a public plea for help during a news conference at Fayetteville Police Headquarters Thursday afternoon.

Valentine was reported missing on Oct. 29, after church members say she failed to show up to a function. Valentine was the church secretary at Fayetteville's Deliverance and Praise Church of Worship.

"Every day since Oct. 29, I've sat and seen my family struggle to cope and deal with the situation," said Demario Valentine. "It is hard for me to help and support them when I struggle myself."

On the evening of Oct. 28, Valentine's mother said she had a strange phone conversation with her daughter. Valentine, she said, was speaking "in riddles." That was around 10:30 p.m.

Newly released surveillance video shows what happened just five hours earlier, when Valentine was returning to her apartment from a community watch meeting.

Valentine lived in the Sycamore Park complex off of Volunteer Drive. Around 5:30 p.m., she was walking back to her apartment from the complex front office when she pauses along the sidewalk for a moment.

As she made a right turn and disappeared into the breezeway, her longtime boyfriend is seen rushing toward her. Fayetteville police said Thursday they need to speak with Reginald McDowell, 44, once again. Investigators said he initially cooperated, but has since distanced himself from the lead detective.

McDowell has dated Valentine on and off since high school and shares a child with her. Police believe he has left the area, and they insist he is not a suspect in the case.

"McDowell is presumed innocent," said Detective Michael Ballard. "We are attempting to contact him for re-questioning."

"Someone knows what has happened to my sister and with that said, I'm pleading, no I'm begging that someone contact Detective Ballard and give him information to help locate my sister," said Catherine "Cat" Crews.

If anyone has information concerning the whereabouts of Meta Valentine, they are asked to immediately call 911 or contact Detective M. Ballard with the Fayetteville Police Department at (910) 549-7326 or Crimestoppers at (910) 483-TIPS (8477).

Crimestoppers information can also be submitted by visiting http://www.fay-nccrimestoppers.org/send_a_tip.aspx and completing the anonymous online tip sheet or by text-a-tip on your mobile device by sending a message to 274637 (in the text box type "4Tip" followed by your message).
    Her Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/meta.valent...=browse_search

Her son:

https://www.facebook.com/DemarioValentine?fref=ts

Her daughter:

https://www.facebook.com/thalovelylady?fref=ts

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

Okay, that video is all kinds of sketchy.

It happens pretty fast but, to me, it looks like he is hiding behind a car before he rushes out and runs after her as she moves around the corner?

Ah Fayetteville...also known as Fayette-nam. High crime rate, murder rate, and if you're female & missing...you are likely dead. No joke...I won't even drive thru the McD's in this town. Fort Brag is adjacent to it.

Got cut off...fort Bragg is next to it. Same town where Kelli Bordeaux went missing

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBeWithMe View Post
    Okay, that video is all kinds of sketchy.

It happens pretty fast but, to me, it looks like he is hiding behind a car before he rushes out and runs after her as she moves around the corner?
    I'm wondering how they can even tell for sure the person running towards her is even her boyfriend?

Edited to add: I watched the video again using the full screen mode. Looks to me like he was getting out of the vehicle that was parked. Maybe that's how they know it's him, because that's his truck?

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    I'm wondering how they can even tell for sure the person running towards her is even her boyfriend?
    I think he might have told them it was him. They talked to him in the beginning - and he was apparently helpful -- but now he is avoiding them.

That's the only reason I can come up with based on them putting it out there in the media like they did.

She was scared of him, and told relatives he had been driving past her church and home.
    He has also disappered.
    http://m.fayobserver.com/news/crime_....html?mode=jqm

Excellent. As soon as I saw this pop up, I rushed in. I remember watching this video when I started this thread just knowing he had to be involved. I wish they would find her. Give her family some peace.

It?s been nearly 3&1/2 years since she disappeared. The authorities must have *something* in the way of evidence if they?re charging him, I think. And with murder!? Did I miss something, or has her body been found?

Quote Originally Posted by Jezebelle View Post
    It?s been nearly 3&1/2 years since she disappeared. The authorities must have *something* in the way of evidence if they?re charging him, I think. And with murder!? Did I miss something, or has her body been found?
    They haven't found her. The had the video of her and him from the beginning. Hopefully they have got some more evidence and can get a conviction.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    They haven't found her. The had the video of her and him from the beginning. Hopefully they have got some more evidence and can get a conviction.
    AMEN to that

Thread Information