Thread: Kami Newton shaken to death allegedly by mother's boyfriend Kenneth Reeves

Kami Newton shaken to death allegedly by mother's boyfriend Kenneth Reeves

This has been in my local news a lot for the past 24 hours so there are a ton of articles and videos. This is the most recent as of right now. There is a video in the article. The video also says at the end that Kenneth was let go because he gave a false last name and had a small amount of heroin on him. On one news channel the anchor said the baby's name was Kami Vojtash but the father is Dale Newton. The mother and I used to be friends and was facebook friends until I guess she unfriended me a few months ago. While we were still friends that's who she was in a relationship with while pregnant. This little girl has been on my mind all day and I want to cry. Before it was on the news I was creeping on the sisters because I found out from say a prayer to Julie statues and I don't know if they didn't want it out or wasn't 100% sure but one sister said it was SIDS.

The man accused of violently shaking his girlfriend?s 5-month-old daughter had nothing to say as he was put into a police car to be taken to Allegheny County Jail Wednesday evening.
    Police said the abuse happened at the girl?s mother?s home on Parklow Street over the weekend.
    According to police documents, the mother, Julie Vojtash, heard the girl crying. When she went to check on the child, Vojtash?s boyfriend, Kenneth Reeves, was standing in the room.
    Vojtash told police that she discovered her daughter, Kameron, had no pulse and had ?lost consciousness.? When she asked Reeves, 29, what happened, he allegedly responded, ?I don?t know.?
    The baby?s grandfather was also home at the time of the alleged abuse. He said the family is devastated.
    ?May God have mercy on this man,? he said. ?He's a sick human being.?
    Kameron was officially pronounced brain dead at Children?s Hospital of Pittsburgh Tuesday night. Doctors said she had bruises on her right arm and left temple -- injuries consistent with being shaken and abused.
    Still grieving and asking why this had to happen, the family made the heartbreaking decision that night to take the 5-month-old off life support and have her organ?s harvested and donated. Channel 11?s Dave Bondy reported that the baby?s organs will help save the lives of five other children.
    ?My grandbaby's dead, but she's gonna be saving lives of others,? the girl?s grandfather said.
    According to court documents, Reeves was sentenced to one year probation in September after being convicted of abusing a 3-year-old in North Versailles.
    The victim?s mother said Reeves was alone with the child, and when she returned home, she saw choke marks and deep bruising. The boy was hospitalized for three days.
    Reeves remains in at the county jail without bond, while prosecutors begin to build a case against him.

http://www.wpxi.com/news/news/local/...y-shake/njPg3/

Mother Julie Vojtash- https://www.facebook.com/julie.vojtash
    Father Dale Newton- https://www.facebook.com/dale.newton.376?fref=ts
    Julie's sister Christine Vojtash Fischer- https://www.facebook.com/christine.v.fischer
    Julie's sister Toni Vojtash- https://www.facebook.com/toni.vojtash.3
    Julie's sister Maureen Vojtash- https://www.facebook.com/maureen.vojtash
    Julie's brother Jim Vojtash- https://www.facebook.com/jim.vojtash

This is Kenneth Reeves Docket report from his other child abuse case https://ujsportal.pacourts.us/Docket...R-0015221-2013
    Docket so far for this case https://ujsportal.pacourts.us/Docket...R-0012297-2014
    He also has one for prohibited acts I guess for the heroin they found since that was entered on the 7th, retail theft in 2010, then something for traffic in 2011.
    Oh yea and here's just a snippet of another article:

When speaking with police, Kami's mother recalled two other times her daughter was left in Reeves' care for a short time. On those occasions, she said she returned to find Kami crying loudly. At the time, she believed the tears were from the discomfort of teething.

Read more: http://www.wtae.com/news/mom-donates...#ixzz3LYpvU3jt

If I would have known he was on probation for child abuse last year no way would he be alone or even hold my baby. Julie if you ever see this I'm not saying you're a bad mom or anything and I'm sorry for your loss.

I'm going to shut up now. I want to see more about his other child abuse case but it's my bedtime and since I knew those people all that info was easy to find.

Godspeed, sweet Kami

I will never understand how someone can hurt/kill such a helpless baby. The mind, it boggles.

Fibro Fog has taken over. I am in a constant state of dyscognition so please excuse my retardation.
    'The worst things in the world are justified by belief'- Raised by Wolves SOI

"Your life is short, it's the longest thing you'll ever do/ the worse the curse was that your dreams came true/
    God is a mirror in which each man sees himself/ Hell is place where you don't need anyone's help"

~You got to cry with out weeping. Talk without speaking
    Scream without raising your voice~

I will never understand, even after 4 kids of my own, how people can get mad enough at a tiny baby to hurt her/him. A sass-mouthed 6-year-old tantruming in a grocery store? I can see how it would be easy to snap. A sweet snuggly baby who just loves you and trusts you? Does not compute.

Rest in peace, Kami.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    God help me I'm gonna go apeshit today.

Burn this motherfucker already.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by u2addict View Post
    God. This just stomped my heart flat.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

Senior Member UncomfortablyNumb's Avatar
    I can see how one could lose their patience. But only because my son had colic and would scream from 10pm-3am every single night. If people like this had a brain at all, they would know that the best thing to do is to put the baby down in it's crib, or swing, or whatever and just walk away for a couple minutes to get ahold of yourself. Or ask for help. YOU DON'T SHAKE THE BABY. Fuck.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    She transitioned from a stupid asshole to a dumb bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by UncomfortablyNumb View Post
    I can see how one could lose their patience. But only because my son had colic and would scream from 10pm-3am every single night. If people like this had a brain at all, they would know that the best thing to do is to put the baby down in it's crib, or swing, or whatever and just walk away for a couple minutes to get ahold of yourself. Or ask for help. YOU DON'T SHAKE THE BABY. Fuck.
    Colic! Lordy, my last one cried from 7pm until 10pm every night. Like clockwork. It was so weird. I finally discovered that the sound of the vacuum soothed him, so his older brother and sister got to take turns in the bedroom running that vacuum while I patted his back and PRAYED that he might sleep. Colic is absolutely mind bending.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Yea, I punched or slapped a crying baby when I was like 3 or something. Little shit was annoying.

Didn't kill it though. Just made my point.
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    Yea, I punched or slapped a crying baby when I was like 3 or something. Little shit was annoying.

Didn't kill it though. Just made my point.
    You were probably just trying to turn the thing off. "Where's the off switch on this thing?!?!"

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBeWithMe View Post
    Colic! Lordy, my last one cried from 7pm until 10pm every night. Like clockwork. It was so weird. I finally discovered that the sound of the vacuum soothed him, so his older brother and sister got to take turns in the bedroom running that vacuum while I patted his back and PRAYED that he might sleep. Colic is absolutely mind bending.
    Yep, exactly like clockwork. Like someone flipped a switch and it was scream time. He was my first and I felt so bad because I had NO idea how to help him. When I got pregnant with my daughter I was soooo scared that she would have it too. It was soooo hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    You were probably just trying to turn the thing off. "Where's the off switch on this thing?!?!"
    Haha. Pretty much. I was probably confused why it didn't work, and why anyone was upset.

If I had a sibling, I probably would have been one of those kids who kill them by accident.

Haha. Pretty much. I was probably confused why it didn't work, and why anyone was upset.

If I had a sibling, I probably would have been one of those kids who kill them by accident.
    BBM:
    Riiiight....

Fibro Fog has taken over. I am in a constant state of dyscognition so please excuse my retardation.
    'The worst things in the world are justified by belief'- Raised by Wolves SOI

"Your life is short, it's the longest thing you'll ever do/ the worse the curse was that your dreams came true/
    God is a mirror in which each man sees himself/ Hell is place where you don't need anyone's help"

~You got to cry with out weeping. Talk without speaking
    Scream without raising your voice~

Black Berry Messenger?

Black Berry Messenger?
    I think it stands for "bad bitch mentality"? Or I just made that up.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

I will never understand how mothers let someone they barely know alone with their children!

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    I think it stands for "bad bitch mentality"? Or I just made that up.
    Big blue mulberry?

I was on fb the other day and a friend of mine liked a status about Kenny before he was caught. A guy Rob is defending him saying Kenny was at his house past 2 days and both of the moms didn't wanna face charges so blamed him and that he has a kid. https://www.facebook.com/ian.moore.3...friends.search It's the 3rd status down. Also Misty Lynn is one of Julie's sisters and she said they dated since April before Kami was born. But I swear on one of my friends statuses Julie said she only dated him for 3 months.

Now I'm confused. Older sister Misty says they were together before Kami was born Julie says after Kami was born. Maybe Misty means they knew each other before because family usually learns about bfs months after start dating. Well at least for me. Then in the one news article it sounds like she kinda knew he was doing something

Julie wants a child abuse registry list like Megan's Law. There's a video in the link of her talking to the city counsel.
    http://www.wpxi.com/news/news/local/...ts-deat/njSgh/

A Mount Washington man accused of violently shaking his girlfriend?s baby shortly before she passed away is facing more charges.
    According to Channel 11?s news exchange partners at TribLIVE, Kenneth Reeves is now facing charges of criminal trespassing and drug possession.
    Reeves has already been charged with attempted homicide, aggravated assault and child endangerment.
    Police allege that Reeves violently shook his girlfriend?s 5-month-old daughter, Kami Newton. Kami later died at the hospital.
    Reeves was arrested Wednesday at Covenant Church on the Hill in Mount Washington.
    According to the criminal complaint, Reeves broke into the rectory without permission. Police said they found Suboxone, Xanax and other pills during a search.
    In the meantime, Kami?s mother, Julie Vojtash, fought back tears on Monday, as she addressed City Council.
    ?I would never want another mother or another family to feel this pain,? she said.
    At the time of Reeves? arrest, he was already on probation for a child abuse case in North Versailles.
    ?Had I been aware, my daughter would be here. My daughter would be alive, but she isn't and her voice will not be left unheard,? said Vojtash.
    Child abuse prevention advocates pointed out that such information on an individual is public record but added that creating a registry for people with child abuse on their criminal records would make it easier for parents.
    ?They can know that a person baby-sitting their child, or are in a new relationship with, they can check their criminal history,? said Joann Smith, a child abuse prevention advocate.
    Smith and Vojtash asked City Council to create a registry similar to the Megan?s Law registry, which identifies sexual predators.
    Vojtash said the registry could prevent another tragedy.
    ?I am asking you to help me stop this, to help these kids have a chance. My daughter didn't,? she said.

I was reading comments on WPXI facebook and now I can't find it but said since his first charge was outside of Pittsburgh his name wouldn't be found on the list so it would have been useless. People saying they met on a dating site and she's on a bunch of them and that she knew about his charges because she talked about it. He lied about his name to her the whole time so the list would be useless. I did screen shot some of the comments.

On Christine's fb she had a post about Sally Mae that's now deleted before I could screen shot it. It said something about she knows who it is and that this person is saying shit that no one said or something like that can't remember because it was like a paragraph long. Sally Mae even gives this thread a shout out! When I search the dad Dale Newton on just regular dockets I get nothing and I don't know how to search family courts but Sally has dockets on the facebook saying Julie's son said he was hit by Dale and that son's dad wanted custody of him.
    Sally Mae - https://www.facebook.com/profile.php...57309&fref=ufi
    and can't remember if I posted Kenny's cousin's facebook already but here it is he posts somethings about wanting the truth to come out- https://www.facebook.com/Rob16727?fref=ufi

"If you seen my full records,you would not want me around your grandson "
    What a creep !

https://m.facebook.com/100008600957309/albums/a.1387838118179540.1073741826.100008600957309/?photo_id=1387838131512872&mds=%2Fphotos%2Fviewer% 2F%3Fphotoset_token%3Da.1387838118179540.107374182 6.100008600957309%26photo%3D1387838131512872%26pro fileid%3D835599637%26source%3D49%26refid%3D17%26_f t_%26ftid%3Du_0_10&mdf=1

If what Sally Mae is saying in that facebook comment is true- the mom is just as MUCH to blame for this baby's death as the scumass is.
    If I ruled the world, they would both be under the jail.

This Sally Mae person is very much advocating for the defendant, Mr. Reeves. I do believe I smell an agenda!

From Rob's facebook: Rob Rahuba I've tried to talk to the police, they are 100% sure they got their killer. So I don't know how I can convince the otherwise.

I hope the news keeps updating this story. Rob seems to go from believing Kenny's innocent to thinking maybe he did do something because if he was doing heroin.

Thread Information