Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11

Thread: Jessica Chambers (19) was found burning to death

I hope it goes live

This is a long article, so I'm just snipping some.

Initially, speculation swirled around whether the homicide could have been gang-related, and local gang leaders came out of the woodwork to assure authorities and the Chambers family they had nothing to do with it. Tellis appears to be a member of the Insane Vice Lords street gang, but officials have said that Chambers' death is most likely related their romantic links and not to any gang-related motivation.

But gangs did figure into the big picture that grew out of the search for justice for the former cheerleader. Ultimately, the depth of the investigation on every level shone light into some of the darkest corners of Panola County's crime scene, which the sheriff said is going to be integral in cleaning up his county in the long run.

"We?ve uncovered so much during this investigation that has led us to other crime, especially drug and gang activity," Panola County Sheriff Dennis Darby said. "And that leads to prevention of murders and everything else. We're going after the bad people."

The most visible evidence of the trickle-down effect of the deep digging investigators did on the case is Operation Bite-Back, which led to the indictments of 17 suspected members of the Black Gangster Disciples, Vice Lords, and Sipp Mob street gangs on a variety of violations ranging from child endangerment, possession of stolen firearms, narcotics sales and felon in possession of a firearm to possession of counterfeit currency.

Those arrested were not connected to Chambers' death, but authorities were able to follow information gathered while interviewing more than 150 people and sorting through more than 20,000 phone records trying to find her killer.
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...ment/98480124/

Tellis faces trial Oct. 9,
    Darby is confident that Tellis will be convicted.

"One hundred percent," Darby said. "We have remarkable, fascinating testimony to present. This is the most difficult case I?ve ever been associated with, and you get a satisfaction in knowing that looking back, this was an excellent investigation."

The BEST evidence. YUGE, YUGE evidence, it will be TREMENDOUS

I read through this entire thread today after reading about it online. Wowza all kinds of crazy! I am so glad they got this jagoff.

Just saw that oxygen is doing a docu-series on this case

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-woman-19.html

Murder trial set for 'friend' of woman, 19, found doused with flammable liquid and burning alive on the side of a rural Mississippi road nearly three years ago

Jessica Chambers, 19, was found burning alive on a rural Mississipppi road on December 6, 2014
    Quinton Tellis has been charged in her murder and has pleaded not guilty
    Jury selection for his murder trial is set to begin on Monday

Today will mark Day 4 of the trial.

Anybody that wants to watch future or past live trial links, they can be found here
    https://www.facebook.com/wreg3/

Yesterday the jury visited all the key locations.

So far the only thing that has stood out to me.....all the emergency people that were around Jessica that night all said she said either "eric or derrick"
    The state says they have enough evidence that what she said won't matter. IDK.

It does make you question why in the hell didn't they take DNA from any Eric or Derrick's? Especially the sex offender.

Day five of the Jessica Chambers murder trial started much the same as Day one, with questions pertaining to the teens 'dying declaration.'

No one named Eric or Derek was tested for DNA evidence in the case of a Mississippi woman who was fatally burned, even though she mentioned those names to firefighters who treated her before she died, an investigator said Saturday.
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/jessica...-burned-alive/

Chambers mentioned the name. Agent Douglas said this led him to request from state investigators those named 'Eric' or 'Derrick' living in Panola County. It produced no more than 100 Mississippi men, detectives looked into. One man who stood out was registered sex offender Derrick Holmes, but Agent Douglas said his alibi that fateful day checked out."He was at the house," MBI Agent Tim Douglas said. "His mother had a medical issue and I'm telling you Mr. Peterson, he was at the house rubbing his mother's feet at the time Jessica was burning in her
    http://www.fox13memphis.com/top-stor...ues-/622474899

Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    It does make you question why in the hell didn't they take DNA from any Eric or Derrick's? Especially the sex offender.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/jessica...-burned-alive/
    http://www.fox13memphis.com/top-stor...ues-/622474899
    ugh. The mental image of a sex offender rubbing his moms feet makes me dry heave.

Also, watched a bit of the defenses closing arguments. The lawyer repeatedly called her Erica Chambers.
    Last edited by Jumaki15; 10-15-2017 at 12:10 PM.

The trial is a total shit show. The jury reached a verdict. The jury came out. Uh, except the jury didn't reach a verdict. Before that, the judge calls the all jurors by their name.....in open court.....on live tv before the verdict is even reached.

http://www.fox13memphis.com/top-stor...dict/622474899
    Last edited by bermstalker; 10-16-2017 at 12:15 PM.

Mistrial declared.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/16/us/mis...ial/index.html

(CNN) A judge declared a mistrial Monday in the case of a Mississippi teenager who was burned to death. The jury failed to reach a verdict.

Quinton Tellis, 29, was charged with capital murder because 19-year-old Jessica Chambers' death in December 2014 occurred during the commission of another crime, third degree arson. She died a day after firefighters found her in a burning car on a rural road near her home in Courtland, a northwest Mississippi town of 500 people.

Tellis faced up to life in prison if convicted after prosecutors did not seek the death penalty. Tellis, who was charged in 2016 while he was in prison on an unrelated charge, did not take the stand in his own defense

A jury of six African-Americans and six white jurors began deliberating on Sunday in the Batesville, Mississippi, courtroom.

There appeared to be confusion among jurors before the judge declared the mistrial. Earlier, jurors had read a not-guilty verdict in court but many jurors said they actually voted guilty when the judge polled them. They were sent back to the jury room.

More than an hour later, the jury said they couldn't agree on a verdict.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Why?

Because I don't like anal penetration sex between men, I don't.

Just because I don't like anal sex, doesn't make me any less gay or unable to be loved.

I can't be the only one out here, I'm just not. Don't worry about it. Mind your fucking business.

The verdict is just as fucky as the details in this case.
    Judge: What is your verdict?
    Jury: Eric. Er, I mean Derrick. No, Quinton! Oops, I mean guilty. Right, guys? Guys? Nevermind, we give up.

While I didn't watch the entire stream of this trial, I did read the daily recaps. If I were on the jury I don't think I could render a guilty verdict. The entire case is based on circumstantial evidence and the fact that no first responder heard her say anything but "Eric" when asked who did this to her presents significant doubt that he did this. Yes, he is a liar and likely a murderer. But Jessica knew his name and did not name him as her attacker. I think her killer is still at large.
    My avatar? My daughter drew a picture of me.

Quote Originally Posted by knavekid View Post
    While I didn't watch the entire stream of this trial, I did read the daily recaps. If I were on the jury I don't think I could render a guilty verdict. The entire case is based on circumstantial evidence and the fact that no first responder heard her say anything but "Eric" when asked who did this to her presents significant doubt that he did this. Yes, he is a liar and likely a murderer. But Jessica knew his name and did not name him as her attacker. I think her killer is still at large.
    I know I'd be on the fence. Too much fuckery going on. They may never figure it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Why?

Because I don't like anal penetration sex between men, I don't.

Just because I don't like anal sex, doesn't make me any less gay or unable to be loved.

I can't be the only one out here, I'm just not. Don't worry about it. Mind your fucking business.

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by knavekid View Post
    This! I watched this case from the start, his name was NEVER mentioned. Then all of a sudden, he's a suspect? Also Mississippi and Black folks? NO! However, even the jury didn't buy this...so maybe Mississippi is changing.

Jessica Chambers' former boyfriend killed over $700 and dice game, sheriff says

https://www.fox13memphis.com/top-sto...says/931633820

PANOLA COUNTY, Miss - An arrest has been made after Travis Sanford, the former boyfriend of Jessica Chambers, was killed in Mississippi.

The Panola County Sheriff told FOX13 Myron Ardyl Powell Jr., from Batesville, was charged with murder.

Investigators said Sanford was the boyfriend of Jessica Chambers at the time of her murder in 2014.

Sheriff Darby with Panola County said the murder was over $700 and a dice game. Sanford and Powell had been playing dice all night, according to the sheriff.

Officers said Powell shot Sanford with a double barrel shotgun loaded with buckshot.

Investigators said the first shot missed Sanford and blew a hole in the wall of the house - the second shot was fatal.

Deputies said the shotgun was later found down the road from where the killing took place.

Powell is currently being held in jail. His bond has not been set yet and his initial appearance will be Tuesday on murder charges.

Sanford was in jail at the time of Chambers murder. He also was never charged in the case.

Thread Information