Thread: Shannon Burgess (25) was murdered by her husband Joshua (29) and her body lay undiscovered in their home for 8 months

Shannon Burgess (25) was murdered by her husband Joshua (29) and her body lay undiscovered in their home for 8 months

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2015...e_for_8_months

Calgary police are now seeking the public?s help with locating a Calgary actress who hasn?t been seen in over a week.

Shannon Burgess (n?e Madill), 25, was last seen in the early morning hours of Nov. 27 at her home in the 1900 block of Spiller Road SE.

Her family is pleading for the safe return of the vibrant young woman in the local acting scene, who was last seen more than a week ago.

For the social butterfly, the disappearing act is unheard of and her colleagues, families and friends are worried.

She skipped her weekend rehearsals and engagements, and was last seen in her Inglewood apartment on Wednesday. Burgess is undergoing a messy divorce, and her sister Erin Madill said Burgess may be in distress.

?If she?s hanging out with someone we?re not aware of we?d just appreciate it if she would let the police know,? Madill said.

The family found her cellphone and car at home with no bank activity since last week, but her wallet and keys weren?t in the apartment. They couldn?t find a passport, but are unsure if she has a valid passport. Officially, Burgess was last seen Nov. 26.

?We don?t know how she is getting around, or who is helping her eat and look after herself,? Madill said. ?Right now, we?re very worried?we love her, we don?t need any of the details about what has happened or where she is, just please contact the police and let us know you are safe.?

Burgess is thought to be in the Calgary or Edmonton area.

http://metronews.ca/news/calgary/123...to-dissappear/

I'm guessing she doesn't have a car?

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

She has a car, but according to the article it is at her apartment, though the keys are missing.

Hmmmm

Calgary police have spent two days scouring Fish Creek Park after the discovery of macabre photos attached to trees.
    Multiple sources told the Sun the investigation is related to the disappearance of 25-year-old Shannon Burgess, who was last seen nearly three weeks ago.
    “Crime scene units have spent the last two days in the park looking for clues,” said a source.
    The investigation launched after two photographs of a woman were found attached to trees in Fish Creek Park, sources said.
    The first was found by Fish & Wildlife staff and a passerby alerted police to the second.
    Sources said a person in the photos appears to have similarities to Burgess, but the subject’s face is obscured by hair and flowers in at least one of the pictures.
    “We really don’t know what we’re dealing with at the moment,” said a source.
    “This is just all very creepy.”
    It’s believed the photos have been in the park less than two weeks.
    A source said Burgess’ family has been alerted to the search.
    While not yet involved, the homicide unit has been apprised of the situation, according to a source.
    A cadaver dog was in the park Tuesday and will return Wednesday.
    It’s expected the Calgary Search and Rescue Association will be involved in a grid search, said a source.
    Earlier this month police said Burgess was last seen by a family member at 12:30 a.m. on Nov. 27 at her home in the 1900 block of Spiller Rd. S.E.
    When she didn’t show up for plans with family and friends on the weekend, her loved ones became concerned.
    She was reported missing on Dec. 1. Her cellphone and vehicle were left at her home.
    At the time, police said there were no indications of foul play, but it is out of character for Burgess not to be in touch with her family and friends. Burgess is known to travel to Edmonton to visit friends and for work as a performance artist and stand-up comedian.
    Last week, the Toronto and Vancouver police services issued press releases saying investigators received information suggesting Burgess could be in one of those cities.

http://m.calgarysun.com/2014/12/17/c...s-photos-found

That's real creepy !

That's some fucked up, serial killer shit. Holy crap.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

Are they random pictures of her from before she went missing? Or is it of, say, her body (of her dead)?

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    Are they random pictures of her from before she went missing? Or is it of, say, her body (of her dead)?
    They're not sure. The photos appear to have similarities to her, but the girl’s face is obscured by hair and, in one other photo, by flowers.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBeWithMe View Post
    They're not sure. The photos appear to have similarities to her, but the girl’s face is obscured by hair and, in one other photo, by flowers.
    Hm. Weird.

I want to see the photos.

Senior Member UncomfortablyNumb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    Hm. Weird.

I want to see the photos.
    I do too. At the same time I am super creeped out.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    She transitioned from a stupid asshole to a dumb bitch.

Photos in park bring awareness to missing Calgary woman's case: Sister
    nothing else, a pair of disturbing photos posted in a Calgary park has made the mysterious disappearance of Shannon Burgess a source of widespread speculation and gossip.

Provided the creepy photos found attached to trees in Fish Creek Park really do turn out to be nothing, the sister of the missing 25-year-old Calgary actor says she actually welcomes all the attention, as sinister as the snapshots may seem.

?It means there?s a little bit more publicity, and hopefully that means more people are looking and somebody will actually see her,? said Erin Madill.

Until police positively identify the woman in the photos, it?s all just speculation ? albeit speculation that?s had police scouring the Sikome Lake area of Fish Creek Provincial Park for the past three days with a cadaver dog and trained search teams.

Sources say the photographs depict a woman who resembles Burgess, who vanished nearly three weeks ago, but the person?s face is hidden by hair and flowers in at least one of the shots.

Madill hasn?t seen the photos yet ? no one in her family has thus far.

?We?re staying optimistic, and my understanding from police is that these were artistic photographs, and nothing more,? said Madill.

?Her face is obscured, so there?s no way for us to tell if it?s her, but police are working to confirm that.?

Calgary police say the photos are currently being scanned using their new facial recognition software, purchased mainly to identify suspected criminals using mug shots, but also capable of comparing photos to a known person, like the missing woman.

Burgess, who lives on Spiller Road in Ramsay and was last seen by a family member on Nov. 27, is an actor and comedian who?s had countless photographs taken, many which might seem macabre or strange if taken out of context.

On Burgess? current Facebook page is a shot of the pretty, ginger-haired thespian in stage make-up, pretending to be a gruesome Evil Dead character, while other shots in her portfolio show her with fake wounds, and in pirate gear.

There was also her hobby as as Live Action Role Player, which saw Burgess and her husband dressed in Gothic costumes with a steampunk twist ? and again, such cosplay makes for some very odd photos if misunderstood.

Madill says her sister?s stage career could easily explain the photos of her, presuming the Fish Creek snapshots really are Burgess.

?There?s the possibility these were taken as part of her job, and that?s what we?re choosing to believe until we have any reason to believe otherwise,? said Madill.

But why would the photos be left on trees in a very public park?

?Maybe somebody decided to do a vigil for her or something,? said Madill.

The family?s optimism remains steadfast, even as the case grows increasingly worrisome, and certainly more strange.

Rumours abound online, as a public weaned on television detective shows speculates over the meaning of the strange photos.

Madill says that?s all to be expected, but she does address the rumours Burgess? estranged husband might be involved in her disappearance.

?We?re friendly with him and there?s no animosity at all ? and he and my sister still get along quite well,? said Madill.

Burgess was reported missing on Dec. 1, after she failed to show up for planned meetings with family and friends, and her cellphone and vehicle were found at home.

Though she travels to cities like Edmonton for work as a performance artist and stand-up comedian, Burgess is typically in contact with her family ? and her recent silence is very out of character.

There have been tips, and last week, police in Toronto and Vancouver issued press releases saying they?d been told Burgess could be in one of those cities.

But in Calgary, the focus for now is on Fish Creek.

?The police have been phenomenal, doing everything they can, and they taking every lead seriously, like this one,? said Madill.
    http://www.calgarysun.com/2014/12/17...ns-case-sister

Boring.

Calgary Police now say that a series of photos found in Fish Creek Park earlier this week have no connection to the disappearance of a woman.
    Media reports on Wednesday morning indicated that a series of photos were found taped to trees in the area of Fish Creek Park in southeast Calgary.
    Investigators say they’ve concluded their investigation into the origin of the photos and have found they are part of an art project and are not related to the missing Shannon Madill (Burgess).
    Family says Shannon Madill Burgess was unlikely to disappear without contacting anyone
    Search for missing Calgary woman spreads beyond city limits
    Burgess was last seen on Thursday, November 27, at her home in the 1900 block of Spiller Road S.E.
    When she did not meet with friends and family the following Sunday, they reported her missing to authorities.
    An investigation into Burgess’ disappearance revealed no evidence of foul play and those who know her know it’s out of character for her to not be in touch with family and friends.
    Police say that she frequently travels to Edmonton for work as a performance artist and standup comedian, but they have found no trace of her there either.
    Investigators are also working with police in Vancouver and Toronto to try and locate her.
    Burgess is described as:
    White
    Approximately 130 lbs
    5’6”
    Red hair
    Green eyes

Read more: http://calgary.ctvnews.ca/photos-in-...#ixzz3MIKhxhGX

Whoa! Her body was found today?? 9 months after she went missing?? And no one thought to look in her husband's house before today? Am I missing something or is this really odd?

They looked in the house when she was "missing" but it was basically a quick search and the husband was cooperating with them so they didn't really have reason to assume he was hiding a body in there. guessing they eventually figured it out but they weren't allowed to go back in the house so they needed a warrant to check again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Because they are probably not ghetto and hood like me.

Here he is at the press conference re Shannon in December 14 (on the end in all black)

Accused Calgary murderer Josh Burgess kept online dating profile while wife was missing

Snipped

Just two months after Shannon Burgess (nee Madill) went missing, her husband Josh Burgess was frequenting the 7-Eleven near their home with other women, according to employees at the store, where Shannon once worked.

Lisa Ruttan, store leader at the 7-Eleven on Spiller Road, said she felt uneasy around Josh after Shannon disappeared last November.

"I talked to him every day that he was here asked him how things were going, how he was or if they had any new news," Ruttan added. "And he was just kind of emotionless."

On Sunday, police announced they had recovered Shannon's body from the couple's Ramsay residence and had charged Josh with second-degree murder.

Ruttan said she was especially caught off guard by Josh's behaviour when he showed up at the convenience store with a different girl while the search for Shannon was still in full swing.

"His wife was missing and had only been missing for two months," she said. "It was weird."

Two other 7-Eleven employees confirmed Josh, whom they instantly recognized in a photo, frequently visited the store with other women.

Meanwhile, Burgess also maintained a dating profile on matchmaking site OKCupid.

Most recently active on May 9, Burgess' profile includes solo photos of him doing things like petting a dog and competing in Spartan Sprint event, as well as a picture of him and Shannon.

His profile, which remained online Monday, states he is in an "open relationship," and seeking "new friends" or "short-term dating." His online name on the site is "JustJoshingYouEh".

http://metronews.ca/news/calgary/141...s-was-missing/
    Last edited by luvit; 07-07-2015 at 12:31 AM. Reason: Punctuation Correction

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    Ugh. Sandals on a killer. No!

at least he wasn't wearing socks, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Because they are probably not ghetto and hood like me.

Incredible that he was able to conceal the body for that long without anyone suspecting. Just wow.

RIP Shannon

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    ugh. Fucking hipsters.

Thread Information