Thread: Lesley Jensen residing in a psych ward after faking cancer

Lesley Jensen residing in a psych ward after faking cancer

A Logan woman who said she had brain cancer held a fundraiser in early November that raised over $17,000. Now police say they have proof the cancer claim is fake.

The Logan Police Department received a tip about a potential fraud scheme Nov. 25. Lesley Jensen claimed to suffer from advanced stage glioblastoma, the same aggressive form of brain cancer right-to-die activist Brittany Maynard had.

The Logan community rallied around Jensen and held a fundraiser for her at her former employer's place, Cafe Sabor. KSL covered the story Nov. 6, and Jensen told KSL she was choosing to live for her 6-year-old daughter.

"She's my little angel," Jensen said in early November. "I don't have a choice in this. I just have to get up every day and keep going."

Dozens of employees worked for free during the fundraiser and about $17,000 was raised for Jensen that night.
    "(My daughter) is my little angel. I don't have a choice in this. I just have to get up every day and keep going."
    ?Lesley Jensen to KSL in early November

Cafe Sabor owner Justin Hamilton told KSL Friday that he's just as surprised as everyone else that the cancer was faked.

Jensen had put together several documents claiming that she had been diagnosed in order to support her lies, police said, and at one point had even fooled her relatives.

?Medical records that she had altered to reflect that the documentation was about her,? said Logan Police Chief Gary Jensen. ?They're definitely convincing until you start to have questions about it and then you can start to see some problems with (the documents). At face value, they look convincing."

KSL learned Lesley Jensen has had problems in the past with paying her taxes but there is no clear motive as to why she would fake having a brain tumor. She is currently residing in a psych ward of a hospital in Logan.

The Logan Police Department and the Cache County Attorney's Office are holding a press conference at 2 p.m. Friday to release the findings from their investigation.
    http://www.ksl.com/?sid=32630559&nid=
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

This is probably as good a time as any for me to tell you all that I have Neurosupercalifragilisticexpealidocius Brain Cancer.

I'll post my PayPal later.

No need to rush.
    Last edited by PeaceBeWithMe; 12-05-2014 at 05:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

Senior Member UncomfortablyNumb's Avatar
    Beanbitch has lunch cancer. You and her should talk and compare symptoms.

I seriously have no sympathy for cancer fakers...I don't care if there is mental illness there. It's bullshit.
    She transitioned from a stupid asshole to a dumb bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by UncomfortablyNumb View Post
    I seriously have no sympathy for cancer fakers...I don't care if there is mental illness there. It's bullshit.
    Amen to alllllllll that.

My mom passed from cancer and I nursed her during that last year. Most painful experience of my life.

Fakers like this are bullshit.
    Last edited by PeaceBeWithMe; 12-05-2014 at 07:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

CUNT

Peace, I'm sorry you lost your mum.

Fibro Fog has taken over. I am in a constant state of dyscognition so please excuse my retardation.
    'The worst things in the world are justified by belief'- Raised by Wolves SOI

"Your life is short, it's the longest thing you'll ever do/ the worse the curse was that your dreams came true/
    God is a mirror in which each man sees himself/ Hell is place where you don't need anyone's help"

~You got to cry with out weeping. Talk without speaking
    Scream without raising your voice~

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBeWithMe View Post
    Amen to alllllllll that.

My mom passed from cancer and I nursed her during that last year. Most painful experience of my life.

Fakers like this are bullshit.
    Same situation here. Faking any illness for money or anything else is just a shitty thing to do. I hope she gets jail time.

I wonder if she took a deal and agreed to go to a psych ward instead of jail.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    No. This is so new that they are still investigating her. No charges have been filed yet, AFIK. This is from yesterday:
    http://fox13now.com/2014/12/05/polic...-duped-donors/

Cashing in on Cancer. Police say a Utah woman had an entire community fooled, bilking them out of thosuands of dollars. The case of charity has now turned into a fraud.

Lesley Jensen is the prime suspect in a fraud investigation centered in the small town of Nibley. Logan Police said the Cache County community had no idea she was faking her own terminal illness.

?Leslie has suggested she has brain cancer,? said Chief Gary Jensen of the Logan Police Department.

Grade 4 Glioblastoma is an aggresive form of brain cancer. Police said Jensen?s ruse duped donors out of thousands, and she allegedly went to great lengths to fake her cancer.

?Leslie went through a series of efforts to legitimize her claims of cancer, which included forged documents,? Jensen said.

The 26 year-old was a waitress at Cafe Sabor in Logan. Her coworkers are still in disbelief. They helped raise funds for the Cache Valley for Hope Foundation in Lesley?s name. Some of the servers even gave away their tips.

?She was a good employee and friend to us here at Cafe Sabor. It was, we were saddened by the news and shocked as sure everyone else was,? said Skler Parkhurst, a Manager at Cafe Sabor.

Donations were also made to an organization called Cache County Cares for Cancer. FOX 13 News discovered a ?Go Fund Me? page for Jensen, showing more than $3,000 raised in the past 30 days. The page appears to have been taken down, see the bottom of this story for a screen capture.

Investigators said her web of lies unraveled quickly, within months, and although a lot of people were fooled, Chief Jensen said: ?We would hope that people not lose faith. These are people, these are events that end fairly quickly in a fraud scheme. Lies get bigger and bigger, and before too long things start to stack against a person.?

?It was shocking for a lot of us here but we did it because we care about Lesley,and we wanted to help her out, it came from a place of love that we wanted to do it for her, even though it turned out that she, or maybe it didn?t work out as planned, we just have to continue to help people,? Parkhurst said.

Lesley is facing a laundry list of charges, including fraud, but she hasn?t been booked into jail yet. She?s in the hospital undergoing an evaluation. Her parents reported her missing in early December. Lesley was later found in a remote mountainous area in Cache Valley.

Jensen said anyone who suspects they are the victim of such fraud should send an email to: fraud@loganutah.org
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Or, did she sign herself in to hospital to avoid jail because once in rehab or psych LE cannot touch you till your are discharged.

I don't know if the law has changed but once admitted in either ward you are under anonymity and the hospital cannot say if you are there or not.

Fibro Fog has taken over. I am in a constant state of dyscognition so please excuse my retardation.
    'The worst things in the world are justified by belief'- Raised by Wolves SOI

"Your life is short, it's the longest thing you'll ever do/ the worse the curse was that your dreams came true/
    God is a mirror in which each man sees himself/ Hell is place where you don't need anyone's help"

~You got to cry with out weeping. Talk without speaking
    Scream without raising your voice~

Thread Information