Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Brooke Baures (21) was found dead in a restaurant dumbwaiter and an investigation is ongoing

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    So basically this chick did exactly what the Russian chick in the YouTube video?

Do we know if the Russian chick died too?
    It says in the description of the video that she went to hospital with severe head and spinal injuries.

I thought it seemed weird that everyone was more interested in the dumb waiter than in her. They pull her out and then all gather around it to have a look in and I kept wondering what they were looking at/doing.

Quote Originally Posted by leapfreak View Post
    It says in the description of the video that she went to hospital with severe head and spinal injuries.

I thought it seemed weird that everyone was more interested in the dumb waiter than in her. They pull her out and then all gather around it to have a look in and I kept wondering what they were looking at/doing.
    What is this video of a Russian chick and dumbwaiter you all are talking about? Did I miss something?

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Deb posted it originally. It's on page two, about half way down, Nic.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBeWithMe View Post
    Deb posted it originally. It's on page two, about half way down, Nic.
    Thanks! I guess I missed that post.

Wow, that wasn't very smart of her to push the button before she was finished....

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Just came across this, so here it is...

http://www.newser.com/story/199793/a...umbwaiter.html

(Newser) – An autopsy finds that a waitress died of severe head injuries after getting her head caught in a dumbwaiter at a Wisconsin restaurant last week, police said yesterday. Fountain City Police Chief Jason Mork released the autopsy results for 21-year-old Brooke Baures, a senior and standout gymnast at Winona State University in Minnesota. Baures was working at a banquet on the second floor of WingDam Saloon and Grill when the accident happened Dec. 1. Based on witnesses' statements, police believe Baures was the only person who could have pressed the dumbwaiter's control button on the second floor and concluded no crime was committed in her death.

The autopsy found "extensive destruction" of the brainstem and left side of the cerebellum and concluded she died of severe head trauma. Baures' head "was located almost entirely inside the cab of the elevator canted slightly to her right as the cab descended. When the roof of the cab passed the sill of the second floor access, Brooke sustained fatal crushing injuries to her brainstem and cerebellum," the report said. Anyone operating the dumbwaiter had only about five seconds before the interior of the cab disappeared below the sill, police said. The dumbwaiter has since been permanently removed. Federal and state regulators have launched separate investigations.
    It crushed her head.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

Quote Originally Posted by debk589 View Post
    This exact thing happened to a waitress in Russia and it's on video. If the thing didn't stop moving (which this one looks like a new model of one, probably with a safety stop), I can see how this would be fatal and a pretty devastating head injury:

...dumb decision is made right about 0:32.
    That is quite possibly one of the stupidest things I've ever seen anybody do.

Thread Information