Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Christa Engles (26) was accidentally shot dead by her toddler after he found a loaded gun under the couch

Senior Member UncomfortablyNumb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PunkerDuckie View Post
    seriously I don't even have kids and all our shit is locked up.
    Yeah, seems like it should be common sense. Common sense ain't so common apparently.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    Fuck outta here with that shit. You people are mutants.
    RIGHT? I maybe remember one or two things before the age of 5, but I wouldn't say I have vivid memories. I usually don't remember shit. Too much weed.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    She transitioned from a stupid asshole to a dumb bitch.

I think it's a combination of remembering pieces of it, and constantly bringing it up as an adult.

You don't actually remember doing it, but repetitive recalling of it as an adult is why you remember the story.

A lot of things we "remember" is due to constantly telling the story.

That is definitely true, but some people really do remember stuff from when they were very young.

One of my earliest memories is from a family vacation when I was 3. Our car broke down TWICE on the way there. We were in Podunk, Alabama (redundant) on the way to Panama City Beach, and none of the hick mechanics wanted to touch a Japanese car, lololololol. My dad almost had a Clark Griswold-style meltdown. (And we had a flat tire on the way home.) I even remember the smell of the hot asphalt while we were stranded on the side of the road.

Anyway, I think this poor kid is going to "remember" this, even if it's a fuzzy memory. Either way, one day he'll be old enough to Google mommy's name. Poor kid. I won't even leave a butter knife on the kitchen counter, much less a gun under the couch. Wth.

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    yeah. sometimes, i'll hit on what i think is a memory and i ask my mom about it and she laughs because the memory was not at all in context. she'l be like, different time, same place or something.

the other day i remembered being at joshua tree watching halley's comet but it was also hailing. i asked mom. nope. two different memories merged. and that was when i was 7 already.

I totally do that, too.

Quote Originally Posted by becoming View Post
    I guess. My husband works offshore, and I don't see him mentioning he was at work when announcing I was gravely injured, but different strokes I guess! I am probably just being skeptical because of what a giant clusterfuck this situation was and how many stars had to align in order for this to even happen. A 3-year-old finds a loaded gun under his military parents' couch, is able to somehow pull the trigger, and the shot goes right in his mom's head. Just crazy.

I know what you're trying to say about the husband's post ... sometimes that can be seen as "alibi building," particularly if he had said where he was before he said what happened to the wife. But it seems authorities in this case have confirmed that he was out of state.
    Quote Originally Posted by Not your business View Post
    I will out think the fucking pants off of you and you would thank me for helping you out of them.

Finally. A thread about cuffing Ron. Oh, how I have waited!

Loaded gun under the couch. So stupid.

I also have clear recollections back to the age of four. Fortunately, no one ever gave me a gun, so my adulthood is only weighed down by my shitty and torturous choices of men.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    I must be a mutant. I have a very, very, distinct memory from an incident that happened when I was 3. So much so that even today, 36 years later, I can describe the person to the fullest, and I haven't seen them since I was 4. I remember my Mom's boyfriend playing Santa Claus for me when I was 2. I remember it because it's the reason I never believed in Santa Claus. Imagine his surprise some 30 years later when he asked if I remembered him, and I reminded him that he played Santa Claus when I was 2.

I've always thought I was special....now I feel even more special since I can remember things from so long ago. I like to say that my soul is old. I also have always rejected the concept of hell, and the devil. Which shocked my Baptist Grandma to death. That's another topic though. It happens, and something this tragic, that child may very well remember it for the rest of his life. He would need counseling.

I remember sitting at our kitchen table, coloring a picture of a strawberry that I had ripped out a coloring book, reciting a speech out loud that I was planning to deliver to my friend Jeffrey later that day. The speech was about the fact that I had turned 4 the day before and he was still 3, so I couldn't play with him anymore since I was older now. I was all by myself in the kitchen, no one ever told me about this, I remember it because I remember it. I also remember many things that happened at my babysitter's house when I was a preschooler. I only stayed with her when I was 3 and 4, and I didn't keep in touch with anyone I stayed with there nor the babysitter (we moved 3 hours away when I was 6), and obviously my parents weren't there to rehash those memories later. I can remember exactly what her dog looked and smelled like, exactly what her bedroom looked like. However, I also started kindergarten at age 4 because I was able to read an actual newspaper from front to back to the school board superintendent, so I probably was a mutant. I say "was" because I had a lot of potential as a child that I did not live up to as an adult.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Yeah, I also remember snippets from age 3 and up. LOTS from when I was 4 years old. I think it's possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Where they don't have maps.......such as..
    i dont remember what i ate for breakfast.
    Last edited by SuchAClassicGirl; 11-27-2014 at 04:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star
    I was about to be annoyed that this thread was still active, but I see now it's morphed into offers of sex for chilli confectionary, so carry on guys :)

I remember the day my dad come home from the hospital. He had gotten into a horrible accident when I was an infant. Was in a coma and in the hospital for a very long time. I remember every single thing about that day. I was about 3-4. Just from experience I say it's completely possible to have vivid memories from early childhood.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

The only shit I remember under the age of 5 is the traumatizing shit that I wish I did not remember.

They say the things that make it from short term to long term memory are the events that evoke the most emotions and have the most meaning.

This kid will def remember killing his mom for the rest of his life.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Ok...so either this child is the future DC sniper...or there is now NO recoil when you fire a weapon...OR a 3 yr old can apply over 5lbs of pressure to that trigger, while holding that weapon steady, and manage to shoot and only hit his mother's head. Nope. Not buying it.

The whole thing seems fishy to me. Plus, the whole "while I was working" thing also threw me off. Yeah, ron, I would suck as a cop.

So easy to pin it on the 3 year old, huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBelle View Post
    Ok...so either this child is the future DC sniper...or there is now NO recoil when you fire a weapon...OR a 3 yr old can apply over 5lbs of pressure to that trigger, while holding that weapon steady, and manage to shoot and only hit his mother's head. Nope. Not buying it.
    I didn't think of that at all...good thinking! But I confess, I have never shot a gun, so I don't know much about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    The whole thing seems fishy to me. Plus, the whole "while I was working" thing also threw me off. Yeah, ron, I would suck as a cop.

So easy to pin it on the 3 year old, huh?
    When I read that about him working that was the first thing I thought of...it was like he wanted to be like "Just letting y'all know I wasn't home with this happened. I DID NOT DO IT!!!!"

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UncomfortablyNumb View Post

When I read that about him working that was the first thing I thought of...it was like he wanted to be like "Just letting y'all know I wasn't home with this happened. I DID NOT DO IT!!!!"
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    The reason why I still think this was an accident is because exactly what Ron has been saying. The police will do anything to pin it on the spouse and they obviously can't or they would be pursuing that angle. The kid would sing like a canary if Dad were present (or anyone else for that matter) and her Family or friends would be indicating that the Husband should be suspected. You don't go from happily married with the world on a string to shooting your Wife in the head with a Semi Automatic weapon. There seems to be no motive or anything out there to indicate he did it.

ETA: In addition, I would think the kid would have been tested for GSR and the blood splatter would tell a story too .
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

But small children can and, unfortunately, do find guns and manage to shoot themselves or others. It has certainly happened before, so I don't find it terribly hard to believe that's what happened here.

And I really don't think LE would tell everybody little boy did it unless they were sure.

There's a good chance the husband's truck had a GPS thingy in it ... many trucks do these days ... so it's possible LE knows without a doubt he was out of state when it happened. Or, they have records of him going through a weigh station or something.

If there's something funny going on here, I don't think the husband is involved.
    Quote Originally Posted by Not your business View Post
    I will out think the fucking pants off of you and you would thank me for helping you out of them.

Kids accidentally shoot people in the head more often than you're aware of.

I like how the husband is sure to stress that it was an "accident" and never mentions a gun was involved.

Conservative Gun Enthusiast can't be bothered with sharing the facts. ....that his wife was killed by a "responsibly owned" loaded gun his 3yr old had access to.
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    "Responsibly owned" my ass.

Poor kid. Poor mom.

Making good choices does not involve leaving loaded guns in places where 3 year olds might have access to them. Memo to dumbasses who don't lock up their guns or at least put them out of reach of children: WAKE THE FUCK UP! You are what we mean when we say "Irresponsible gun owners". I don't give a fuck about your right to own a fully automatic Tek 9, I give a shit that you're not fucking stupid enough to put it in a place where your toddler can get to it and lay waste to his entire fucking family. This is just tragic. Ugh.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

Eh, I also vividly remember the living room of an apartment I lived in when I was two. My family moved out of there months before I turned three, and I know it's a real memory because I doubt that anyone in my family told me about the color of the curtains. There aren't even any pictures of that.

I just looked it up, and people start forming memories at 18 months. We also start FORGETTING things early (around age seven), but that's not a given.

Also, I'm probably an asshole, but I don't think this is sad. I would say "Darwin Award" but obviously she reproduced. I do feel bad for the kid, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Cryptocrat View Post
    Also, I'm probably an asshole, but I don't think this is sad. I would say "Darwin Award" but obviously she reproduced. I do feel bad for the kid, though.
    You're not an asshole. There's little room for sympathy here.

Also, we've had the conversation many times about having early memories. I remember the gifts I got on my 2nd birthday, among other very early vivid memories. Ron just thinks it's impossible because he broke his brain from too much drinking or something.
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

My two and a half year old is stronger than you would think. This kid could have easily done this accidentally. Honestly though, a loaded weapon under the couch in the living room with toddlers???? Dumb. Ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Cryptocrat View Post
    Yeah, I'm with shins. You aren't an asshole. In fact the first comment I made was about a gun being under the couch in the first place. Because no one will ever find it there?? It's fucking stupid and it put her kids at risk too.

Speaking from my one time hour or so experience years ago with a semi it was pretty easy to pop off rounds and not much pressure required at all. It wasn't heavy, ~3.5kg so a 3 yr old could manage that. There's a catch/button on those which change the mode from auto (or semi-auto? anyway, it fired a few rounds per trigger pull) to single shoot. The recoil wasn't too bad at all but the kid probably got surprised by it and might be why he only popped off one shot. I'm told the semis made in the last few decades are nothing compared to pretty much any old large gun in terms of recoil and trigger pressure (but I haven't fired anything else so I can't confirm). The kid could have got his inspiration from a movie or maybe even mommy practicing with her piece, dunno, that's pure speculation.

Having said all that, I agree that this story does sound somewhat fishy. Reading this site has me questioning how many murders are pulled off as suicides or accidents.

Thread Information