Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Tamir Rice (12) shot by police

Tamir Rice (12) shot by police

Cleveland on Wednesday will release surveillance video showing the police shooting of a 12-year-old boy who was killed after allegedly reaching for what turned out to be a pellet gun, authorities announced at a community meeting Tuesday.

The family of Tamir Rice, who was shot by police Saturday and died Sunday, had earlier demanded that the video be released. Police initially refused, calling the recording evidence in an investigation. But officials at Tuesday night?s meeting reversed course and announced they will release the footage at 1 p.m., NBC station WKYC reported.

Tamir Rice was shot in the torso at the Cudell Recreation Center in Cleveland at 3:30 p.m. Saturday after police said he allegedly refused to raise his hands and reached for what looked like a handgun tucked in his waistband, and he died the next day. The item turned out to be a pellet gun that police said had its orange safety indicator removed and looked like a real firearm. Police say the boy never pointed the gun at the officers or threatened to shoot them. The two police officers involved have been placed on paid leave and an investigation is underway.

Earlier Tuesday, Tamir Rice?s parents, Samaria Rice and Leonard Warner, asked that the video be released, saying in a statement that as they grieve privately, "we feel the actions of the patrol officer who took our son?s life must be made public." Surveillance video captured shooting, and Deputy Police Chief Edward Tomba told reporters Monday that the video was "very clear" about what happened.

The boy?s parents say that while the family is "devastated," they also want calm. "Though the hurt our family feels is too painful for words to describe, we still have faith in the justice system," the parents said. "We thank the community for their prayers, encouragement and support. It has helped us during this difficult time."

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...boy-12-n255971
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

The toy gun he had allegedly pointed at people in the park

Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    A*Man who called 911 said that before officers had arrived, Tamir had been on the swing set pointing the fake gun at people and scaring them. He claims that he had told the dispatchers that the gun was "probably fake" and that he didn't know if it "was real or not".

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...veland-n254251
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

It's sad a young boy was shot by police, but that gun looks real. They have the orange indicator on there for a reason, and he knew removing it would make it look more real.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Not that it really means anything here, but I'm pretty certain that it's really illegal to remove those orange things.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

So on top of the fact that the 911 caller said that the gun was "probably fake", the kid never even pointed the gun at nor threatened the officers.

...and they still shot the baby ass kid dead.

I can't fucking wait to hear people defending this.
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Shins View Post
    So on top of the fact that the 911 caller said that the gun was "probably fake", the kid never even pointed the gun at nor threatened the officers.

I'm booking a ticket to Cleveland for the upcoming rioting.

And I've always wanted to set a Little Ceasars on fire. This could be my shot.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

I think there are still too many affluent white families in Cleveland for rioting to form.

Yep. I realize that the gun looks real. And that he ALLEGEDLY reached for it in his waistband instead of putting his hands up. But did they miss the memo about the guy reporting that it was probably fake? Did their common sense not tell them that this was a kid fucking around in a park and that a criminal wouldn't be sitting on a swing set showing off his piece?

I'll be interested to see the video once it's released. I'm kind of skeptical on if he was really refusing orders.

I need to find it, but apparently the dispatcher failed to relay the info that the caller said the gun was probably fake.

He did point the damn thing at people, though, which is why the caller even called the cops to begin with.

I want to see the video so bad to see what happened.

It's sketchy as fuck that they didn't want to release the video.

Oh, and I found the police sympathizers ...among the human shit cesspool that is DD.

Cleveland police officer shot Tamir Rice immediately after leaving moving patrol car

VIDEO AT LINK - http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index...er_shot_1.html

It's sketchy as fuck that they didn't want to release the video.

Oh, and I found the police sympathizers ...among the human shit cesspool that is DD.
    Yet another of the many reasons I don't belong there anymore.

This video is a bit better. The other link was slowing down my POS computer - http://www.wkyc.com/story/news/local...ased/19530745/

Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    Cleveland police officer shot Tamir Rice immediately after leaving moving patrol car

My eyes suck.

I can't make heads nor tails of that.

I'm so old.

Here are pics of him beforehand point the gun, but from the stills it doesn't really show him pointing it at anyone -

ETA - The third video on the link shows him walking around pointing the gun around. http://www.wkyc.com/story/news/local...ased/19530745/
    Last edited by beli; 11-26-2014 at 11:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBeWithMe View Post
    My eyes suck.

I can't make heads nor tails of that.

I'm so old.
    check out the second link I posted. Much clearer.

Ummmm. Yeah. WHERE in that video do they even have time to ask the kid to put his hands up much less give him a chance to. They pull up, and shoot instantly. That's BULLSHIT right there.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    Ummmm. Yeah. WHERE in that video do they even have time to ask the kid to put his hands up much less give him a chance to. They pull up, and shoot instantly. That's BULLSHIT right there.
    Not even 2 seconds in.

check out the second link I posted. Much clearer.

Thank you!

Um, yeah. Wow. They realllllllllllllly took time to assess the situation, yeah?

I was on the fence because I thought it was really stupid for him to not follow orders. But it looks like no orders were even given.

I still say it was fucking stupid of him to point it a people, though. Ain't nothing is gonna change my mind on that.

The video does look like he is reaching for something when the officers pull up, but I didn't see him pull anything out (couldn't see a gun, video sucks and I wish it had audio so we can hear what the officers are saying). I was wondering why the cops pulled up so close to him? If they had stopped the car a little further away, they could've gotten behind the car, using it as a shield, and not fire right away.

This one is hard for me. I mean, the cops had a split second to make a decision. I am so glad I am not a cop! And this kid should not have been walking around, pointing a gun (even fake) at people. He took the orange thing off to make it look real to other people. I never allowed my kids to have toy guns like that. Only ones that were all bright colors so it couldn't be altered in any way to look real. If this kid hadn't done that, he would still be alive.

But also, a 12 year old was killed and that is really sad. Where were his parents when he was doing this?

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

The video does look like he is reaching for something when the officers pull up, but I didn't see him pull anything out (couldn't see a gun, video sucks and I wish it had audio so we can hear what the officers are saying). I was wondering why the cops pulled up so close to him? If they had stopped the car a little further away, they could've gotten behind the car, using it as a shield, and not fire right away.

This one is hard for me. I mean, the cops had a split second to make a decision. I am so glad I am not a cop! And this kid should not have been walking around, pointing a gun (even fake) at people. He took the orange thing off to make it look real to other people. I never allowed my kids to have toy guns like that. Only ones that were all bright colors so it couldn't be altered in any way to look real. If this kid hadn't done that, he would still be alive.

But also, a 12 year old was killed and that is really sad. Where were his parents when he was doing this?
    Yep to all of this. It's sad all around.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I agree that he didn't have a chance to put his hands up. I did see what looked like his right hand reaching down in his pants, which is what I can understand when the cops said he was reaching for what looked like a gun. But when they say the kid refused orders to put his hands up, makes me think they were yelling at him over and over to do so, and watching the video, that isn't possible.

They didn't even give him a chance to say anything. That video is incredible. They rode up on him enemy gang style.

Thread Information