Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Tamir Rice (12) shot by police

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Didn't the 911 call say 'some kid is pointing a fake gun at people' and the 911 officer failed to report that to the police? Not that it matters because their reaction was inexcusable.

My guess is the kid had been around the park before and was kind of a dickish kid which white American assholes will use as justifiable reason for a couple of cops to roll up and execute him in three fucking seconds. The guy who called 911 was probably hoping some cops would come scare the kid.

We give wild dogs more time to collect themselves than that.
    Yes, and it does matter because that dispatch should be fired. It's their job to relay all information given to them - not cherry pick.
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

Timothy Loehmann, the officer who shot Tamir Rice
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

Loehmann and Garmback were dispatched to the scene Saturday after a 911 call, made by a man who can be seen in surveillance video sitting not far from the spot where Rice and Loehmann would have their deadly confrontation.

Rice can be seen in the footage, videotaped in a park near Cleveland's Cudell Recreation Center, holding and pointing the replica gun, playing with snow and talking on his cell phone.

The caller told the dispatcher that it was unclear if the weapon was real or not.

"It's probably fake, but you know what, it's scaring the [expletive] out of me," the caller said.

"He's pulling it in and out of his pants, and pointing it at people. He's probably a juvenile," he added. The caller then left the area.

Soon after, a police dispatcher called officers to the scene, but didn't mention the 911 caller's suspicion that the gun might be fake.

"In the park by the youth center, there's a black male sitting on the swings. He's wearing a camouflage hat, a gray jacket with black sleeves. He keeps pulling a gun out of his pants and pointing it at people," the dispatcher said.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/clevelan...in-patrol-car/
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers

What sucks is I bet the dispatcher will be fired but that cop will get a paid vacation and a slap on the wrists. If that. More like a gentle butt pat.

Yep. Because we can't hold police officers accountable for when they feel they want, er, need to use their gun.
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    haha, what?

The officers believed that the 12-year-old Rice was a ?black male? who appeared ?about 20.?

bowie, i'm not disagreeing with you... i don't think anyone should be allowed to walk around with guns in plain sight. unless they are in the forest hunting deer.

i wouldn't be opposed to them shooting anyone who was waving a gun around - if they were shooting everyone who was waving a gun around.
    THIS. This wouldn't be a problem if they shot anyone waving their "penis extender" around.

And I told you the kid would be put on trial. They're going to talk about how he was about to hulk out into a negro beast.
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by Resident_Queer View Post
    In no way did I justify it! I said that the police rolled up fast and it all escalated in like 2 seconds. The cops were wrong. I just question where the parents were and why they would let him have such a realistic toy gun. The dispatcher and the police officers should be fired.
    Should be on a murder charge. He shot that young boy from his car.

This has been all over the news here in the UK, on social media, on a loop on Sky News. As the wait on the GJ's decision on Michael Brown was. There were protests at the American Embassy in London, calling for sanctions against the USA. Too far? Probably.

Though there are endless personal videos and testimony appearing all over FB and twitter. From a black family who's window was smashed in (driver not wearing seat-belt) after the driver handed over his documents, the guy shot in the petrol station, etc., to the all-over corruption of LE.

"America Imploding" seems to be the general consensus around Europe, news-wise. This is not meant to offend, just a FYI of the view from across the pond.

What sucks is I bet the dispatcher will be fired but that cop will get a paid vacation and a slap on the wrists. If that. More like a gentle butt pat.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Stress View Post

This has been all over the news here in the UK, on social media, on a loop on Sky News. As the wait on the GJ's decision on Michael Brown was. There were protests at the American Embassy in London, calling for sanctions against the USA. Too far? Probably.

Though there are endless personal videos and testimony appearing all over FB and twitter. From a black family who's window was smashed in (driver not wearing seat-belt) after the driver handed over his documents, the guy shot in the petrol station, etc., to the all-over corruption of LE.

"America Imploding" seems to be the general consensus around Europe, news-wise. This is not meant to offend, just a FYI of the view from across the pond.
    sanctions? Wow, it's nice to know that someone gives a shit. Even if they are across the pond, it's pretty awesome. Considering half of the country doesn't give a crap if a cop shoots a toddler in the face. and out of this crowd, half of them actuallyn cheer.

And please, feel free to share your views here.

This isn't some copsucking area where they applaud no matter what a police officer does. I love to hear your view to be honest.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Stress View Post

I'm absolutely not surprised and I'm grateful for the outsider's POV. More of our country should realize how ridiculous we look to the rest of the world. How stupid. How racist. How others see us. My Husband is from Europe and he is absolutely beside himself that any of this shit is being passed off as anything other than corruption. The people have been lulled in to believing this is normal behavior.

Shins mentioned Nazi Germany. Well, the mentality of taking a desperate nation and brainwashing them has it's parallels with us, if you ask me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

This also isn't anything new. It's just finally being discussed.

Definitely not new. It's been going on for decades. A slow progression in to where we are today. It's speeding up now though. From ten years ago to today, the cops are completely militarized.

A long article.

Cops who shot 12-year-old boy in the stomach watched him lie in agony and gave NO first aid before he died hours later
    Tamir Rice was shot by rookie officer Timothy Loehmann, 26, after a 911 caller said he saw the boy with a gun that was 'probably fake' on Saturday
    But the dispatcher did not tell the officers that the gun might be fake
    Cops 'told him to raise his hands' but instead he reached for his waistband
    Officials said that it took four minutes for Rice to receive medical attention
    A spokesman for the mayors office said Loehmann and his colleague Frank Gramback, who was with him, are under investigation
    Rice's family said he would be alive had Loehmann not acted so quickly

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz3KXcXEWU0
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...urs-later.html

The FBI Agent had to administer First Aid. I'm sorry, but are you fucking kidding me? They just left the kid laying there like a dog in the street.

When did they tell him to put his hands up? Did they scream it out the window as they rolled up on him two seconds before shooting him?

This is bullshit.

When did they tell him to put his hands up? Did they scream it out the window as they rolled up on him two seconds before shooting him?

This is bullshit.
    That's exactly what they're saying. That they yelled out the window to put his hands up before they even stopped the car. Fucking insane. The kid was shot before the cop driving the car even exited the vehicle. And then they left him there on the ground bleeding to death. The FBI agent had enough common sense to see that something had to be done. It was a kid bleeding to death on the ground so he did what law enforcement is SUPPOSED to do. Helped him.

I can't see how this isn't flat out murder. Seriously.

It's a hit. It's a drive-by shooting.

I hate that they're trying to blame the fucking 911 operator like 'well if they said a fake gun we wouldn't have just done a drive by'. Like, no, you didn't do a single thing cops are supposed to do.

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    This is heartbreaking. There's no way those cops shouldn't be charged with something!

OT...but I read an article on Gawker about a Republican Congress worker saying that the Obama girls were dressed slightly like bar hoppers at the annual turkey pardon. They had on long sleeves, no chest showing, nothing I would wear to the bar. It dawned on me, most people don't see Black kids as kids. Those police officers didn't see a little boy, they saw a big Black man with a gun. In my eye, these few incidents should be cause to revoke the open carry laws in Ohio. How can you have a law that only applies to what the police think are non threatening groups of people.

Quote Originally Posted by Queena View Post
    This is heartbreaking. There's no way those cops shouldn't be charged with something!

OT...but I read an article on Gawker about a Republican Congress worker saying that the Obama girls were dressed slightly like bar hoppers at the annual turkey pardon. They had on long sleeves, no chest showing, nothing I would wear to the bar. It dawned on me, most people don't see Black kids as kids. Those police officers didn't see a little boy, they saw a big Black man with a gun. In my eye, these few incidents should be cause to revoke the open carry laws in Ohio. How can you have a law that only applies to what the police think are non threatening groups of people.
    totally this. i was watching that movie about nelson mandela last night with my mom and there was a scene (plenty of similar scenes, actually) where the protesters were at the fence yelling and the police just opened fire, killing men, women, and children alike. i just can't imagine that any group of people can look at another group of people and not recognize that they are just people, fighting for the same rights as the other group. of course, they pulled the whole 'find the gun!!! one of them shot first!!!' thing that still happens with police shootings today.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

The way the police work in this country, if you demonstrate compassion and intelligence, you are not qualified to be a cop.
    http://abcnews.go.com/US/court-oks-b...story?id=95836

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    That's exactly what they're saying. That they yelled out the window to put his hands up before they even stopped the car. Fucking insane. The kid was shot before the cop driving the car even exited the vehicle. And then they left him there on the ground bleeding to death. The FBI agent had enough common sense to see that something had to be done. It was a kid bleeding to death on the ground so he did what law enforcement is SUPPOSED to do. Helped him.

I can't see how this isn't flat out murder. Seriously.
    Shit, cops shoot dogs, and "Americans" care more about dogs than dead black kids, so expect less than nothing to come of this.

Timothy Loehmann, Cop Who Shot Tamir Rice, Deemed Unfit For Policing 2 Years Ago

The Cleveland police officer who fatally shot a 12-year-old holding a replica gun in November was deemed unsuited for police service two years ago, newly released documents show.

Timothy Loehmann, now 26, was employed by the City of Independence Police Department in Independence, Ohio, for six months in 2012, the Guardian reports. In an internal memo from that November, Independence Deputy Chief Jim Polak criticized Loehmann’s behavior during a firearms training.

"He could not follow simple directions, could not communicate clear thoughts nor recollections, and his handgun performance was dismal," the memo, available in full at Cleveland.com, states.

According to the report, Loehmann became “distracted and weepy,” in part because of an issue with a girlfriend and uncertainty about his future. Polak criticized Loehmann for being “not mature enough in his accepting of responsibility or his understanding in the severity of his loss of control on the range,” and concluded the report with recommending that Loehmann be “released” from his position.

The memo also cites several previous issues, including Loehmann removing a bulletproof vest at the wrong time because he felt too warm.

"I do not believe time, nor training, will be able to change or correct the deficiencies,” Polak wrote.

Loehmann quit the force days after Polak’s memo was sent out, citing “personal reasons.” His personnel file classified him as “eligible for rehire,” WOIO reports.

He was hired by the City of Cleveland in March 2014. It’s unclear whether or not Cleveland officials ever saw the memo before he was hired.

Surveillance video of Loehmann fatally shooting 12-year-old Tamir Rice was released last month. Loehmann was responding to a 911 call about someone pointing a gun at people at a Cleveland park. Rice was actually just carrying an airsoft gun, which shoots non-lethal plastic pellets.

The caller said the gun was “probably fake,” but police say the dispatcher did not relay that detail to them, according to the Washington Post.

In the video, Loehmann can be seen firing at Rice within two seconds of pulling up in his cruiser. The 12-year-old died of his injuries the next day.

Loehmann, as well as his patrol partner, 46-year-old Frank Garmback, are on paid administrative leave pending a decision on whether to pursue criminal charges.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/1...m_hp_ref=crime

That's fucked up.

Loehmann, as well as his patrol partner, 46-year-old Frank Garmback, are on paid administrative leave pending a decision on whether to pursue criminal charges.
    Ah yes, the weary, toiling life of a police officer. Shoot a kid, get a paid vacation while everyone thinks about whether they want to slap your hands or not.

This is a different story, but I just wanted to point this out

LA cops who shot unarmed veteran dead on live TV after dramatic Corvette chase to be disciplined
    Police Chief Charles Beck found the officers' decision to use deadly force on National Guard veteran Brian Beaird, 51, last December was unjustified
    Beaird was shot 13 times, including from behind, on live TV after dramatic December 13 high-speed chase in downtown LA
    Cops told investigators they opened fire on Beaird after they saw him reach for the waistband
    City of Los Angeles paid Beaird's family $5million in August to settle wrongful death lawsuit

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz3Kvby0PKo

This is the guy that was shot by police

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    This is a different story, but I just wanted to point this out

LA cops who shot unarmed veteran dead on live TV after dramatic Corvette chase to be disciplined
    Police Chief Charles Beck found the officers' decision to use deadly force on National Guard veteran Brian Beaird, 51, last December was unjustified
    Beaird was shot 13 times, including from behind, on live TV after dramatic December 13 high-speed chase in downtown LA
    Cops told investigators they opened fire on Beaird after they saw him reach for the waistband
    City of Los Angeles paid Beaird's family $5million in August to settle wrongful death lawsuit

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz3Kvby0PKo

This is the guy that was shot by police
    This makes me even sadder. It really makes me wonder if Black lives matter. I know that police brutality isn't a Black thing only, but come on....how is this much different than this child's murder/death? Or even Michael Brown's death?

Thread Information