Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Tamir Rice (12) shot by police

what they mean is: every white person needs a gun for protection at all times.

haven't you seen the videos where the cops talk calmly to the white dude pacing down his street with a giant gun. they call him sir and tell him to have a nice day.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    Huh? Things were different then? I wasn't allowed to have toy guns as a kid, cause my parents didn't want some shit like this to happen.

Cops being overzealous and trigger happy is only news to you guys.
    I was never allowed to have a toy gun. My sister never allowed my nephew to have one either. The kid should have never ever pointed it at people. He should have known better and at 12 my nephew was never wandering a playground alone.

All of that aside that shit happened way too fast. The video was grainy but I didn't see him reach for anything. I never saw police officers roll up that close either. If the kid had a real gun they put their lives at risk. The whole situation everyone was stupid. I know he was just 12 with a sweet face and that makes me sad but it was stupid. I'm white and I fear the police. I was brought up to respect the policy and comply and my nephews were raised the same way. Even when I get pulled over on a traffic violation my hands are always on the wheel and still

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Resident_Queer View Post
    I was never allowed to have a toy gun. My sister never allowed my nephew to have one either. The kid should have never ever pointed it at people. He should have known better and at 12 my nephew was never wandering a playground alone.

All of that aside that shit happened way too fast. The video was grainy but I didn't see him reach for anything. I never saw police officers roll up that close either. If the kid had a real gun they put their lives at risk. The whole situation everyone was stupid. I know he was just 12 with a sweet face and that makes me sad but it was stupid. I'm white and I fear the police. I was brought up to respect the policy and comply and my nephews were raised the same way. Even when I get pulled over on a traffic violation my hands are always on the wheel and still
    Is your nephew special? I was going everywhere by myself before 12. Why the fuck couldn't a near teenager be left alone unless they eat paste?
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    what they mean is: every white person needs a gun for protection at all times.

haven't you seen the videos where the cops talk calmly to the white dude pacing down his street with a giant gun. they call him sir and tell him to have a nice day.
    If these people would just obey the law and start listening to the officer's commands, these things wouldn't happen. Police are never wrong, dark people always are. It's simple.

Also:

What the fuck haha I was babysitting other kids at 12, and definitely allowed to roam around on my own.

Also the L.A riots happened when I was 11/12, so yeah, shit was fucked up back then, too. I was just a white girl on a bike in a wealthy suburban neighborhood so all I had to worry about was being Polly Klaas'd.

wait, was he never wandering alone because he was always with his mates?
    Always busy babysitting? Maybe I'm missing something here.

ETA: mates? Haha, I'm binging on a Brit TV show. Sorry, you cunts. I'm suddenly Madonna.
    Last edited by Ron_NYC; 11-27-2014 at 08:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    wait, was he never wandering alone because he was always with his mates?
    Always busy babysitting? Maybe I'm missing something here.

ETA: mates? Haha, I'm binging on a Brit TV show. Sorry, you cunts.
    Oh I was replying to Resident about her being weirded out that a 12 year old was on his own.

Oh I was replying to Resident about her being weirded out that a 12 year old was on his own.
    Huh? So was I.

I'm imagining his mum is the stay-at-home type that says "I stay home and watch the baby" while the fucking "baby" is in high school. Haha.

Mum? Seriously, phone?

No he's not special but hey nothing like this has ever happened to him. If your child does not have the sense enough to not point a toy gun at people then he should not be allowed alone. I'm not agreeing with the police reaction here at all i'm just saying maybe better parenting should have been in place.

No he's not special but hey nothing like this has ever happened to him. If your child does not have the sense enough to not point a toy gun at people then he should not be allowed alone. I'm not agreeing with the police reaction here at all i'm just saying maybe better parenting should have been in place.
    Did you watch the video..the long one? I didn't see him pointing it at anyone. He does briefly talk to another child on the sidewalk. He is certainly holding it up, but any idiot can tell it's just play. I'm sure he was making gun noises while he was doing it.

A cop shoots a child with a toy in a matter of a second and you want to put blame on the parents? Call me a bad parent, because I allowed my kids to go to our local park a block away when they were in 5th or 6th grade. Oh lordy, I even allowed them to ride their bikes to the park. This country is all sorts of messed up when kids need to hold mommys hand to go swing on the swings at 12 years old.

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    Still, as a cop, you approach a situation from a safe distance and assess it. You issue a warning. You don't roll up on a kid and fire like you're fucking Eazy E in an early 90s music video.

At 12 he shouldn't be wandering around a playground alone? Hunh? I did more than that at 12. I went to school by myself and to the playground...and maybe the store on the corner. I don't think that the parents are at fault for letting their son play in a playground!

My brother was allowed to have a toy gun, and he grew up to have real guns....which I don't agree with. I don't think kids should be allowed toy guns in this day and age. All it takes is one person thinking, or not thinking the gun was real, calling the police, and this happening.

Quote Originally Posted by marycontrary View Post
    Did you watch the video..the long one? I didn't see him pointing it at anyone. He does briefly talk to another child on the sidewalk. He is certainly holding it up, but any idiot can tell it's just play. I'm sure he was making gun noises while he was doing it.

A cop shoots a child with a toy in a matter of a second and you want to put blame on the parents? Call me a bad parent, because I allowed my kids to go to our local park a block away when they were in 5th or 6th grade. Oh lordy, I even allowed them to ride their bikes to the park. This country is all sorts of messed up when kids need to hold mommys hand to go swing on the swings at 12 years old.

Shit, at that age, just be happy they still play in the park and aren't getting drunk and having sex (in the park).

We don't do guns in my house.

We fight all of our battles with throwing stars and silly string.

No one ever shoots you for brandishing silly string.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

They might in Los Angeles

Our kids had some cool toy guns. We had double barrel rubber band guns, pop guns, cap guns and a gun that shot slots or pennies....which hurt by the way if you got beaned by a penny. We had a target in the back yard that they could shoot at and we never had any problems with any of them ever shooting other people, animals or windows. As a teenager, my son bought a paintball gun and an air soft. The cap gun did look pretty real, but we took it away only because the noise drove us crazy. I'll have to dig it out and look at it and see if it has an orange tip.

Wow. Way to ruin my Thanksgiving, Bowie.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar

I remember seeing these signs

Don't be caught with Silly String or Tortillas on Colorado blvd. In Pasadena from December 31st to January 1st either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Just wanted to say...

As this happened in a playground, please consider the possibility there were other kids in the vicinity which caused added fear.

I also wonder if the reason the police car pulled in the way it did was to put itself between the kid with the toy gun and other bystanders.

Going now...

why is "illegal" in quotes?

why is "illegal" in quotes?
    I'm guessing because it's probably not a real law. Just a temporary restriction that they enforce. I doubt there's anything on the books about it. I'm just guessing though.

i would so fight the "$1,000.00 fine" given for this "illegal" action if i was ticketed. that sign looks stupid.

i would so fight the "$1,000.00 fine" given for this "illegal" action if i was ticketed. that sign looks stupid.
    You'd probably win lol

Are you fucking serious? My cousins and I played cops and robbers when we were kids and "shot" at eachother. ...because they were toy guns. That's the whole point of a toy gun.

Also, I'm not sure if we watched the same video, but there was no one in reasonable distance of that kid. He could have been pointing it at his imaginary friend which just happened to be in the same direction as someone standing 100ft away.

We played at parks and around the neighborhood at 10yrs old. How are people justifying this in any way. I fucking can't.
    Last edited by Shins; 11-28-2014 at 06:29 AM.
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

Quote Originally Posted by The Crone View Post
    Just wanted to say...

As this happened in a playground, please consider the possibility there were other kids in the vicinity which caused added fear.

I also wonder if the reason the police car pulled in the way it did was to put itself between the kid with the toy gun and other bystanders.

Going now...
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Shins View Post
    Are you fucking serious? My cousins and I played cops and robbers when we were kids and "shot" at eachother. ...because they were toy guns. That's the whole point of a toy gun.

Also, I'm not sure if we watched the same video, but there was no one in reasonable distance of that kid. He could have been pointing it at his imaginary friend which just happened to be in the same direction as someone standing 100ft away.

We played at parks and around the neighborhood at 10yrs old. How are people justifying this in any way. I fucking can't.
    In no way did I justify it! I said that the police rolled up fast and it all escalated in like 2 seconds. The cops were wrong. I just question where the parents were and why they would let him have such a realistic toy gun. The dispatcher and the police officers should be fired.

Thread Information