Thread: Page Stockdale (59) and Mark Schiebel (59) died from carbon monoxide poisoning in their pickup truck

Page Stockdale (59) and Mark Schiebel (59) died from carbon monoxide poisoning in their pickup truck

I'm posting this one because it's close to home. I lived in Steamboat for years. Lovely up there.

Police ask for help in finding missing Steamboat Springs resident

Steamboat Springs Police are asking for the public?s help in finding a longtime Steamboat Springs resident who was reported missing Tuesday night.

A man reported Page Stockdale missing after Stockdale did not show up for a 6 p.m. dinner date Tuesday. The man also could not reach Stockdale on her phone.

The next day, Stockdale failed to show up for a physical therapy appointment.

Steamboat Police Chief Joel Rae said it was uncharacteristic of the 58-year-old to not show up or let someone know where she was. There are other clues that have police worried.

"It has certainly raised our level of concern for how Page is right now," Rae said.

Stockdale had purchased a plane ticket to Vermont that included a United Airlines flight from Hayden to Denver on Thursday morning. Police learned she never boarded the flight in Hayden and never canceled her ticket.

Stockdale owns a home at 3354 Apris Ski Way. Inside, police found Stockdale?s cellphone and a newly purchased Lexus sport-utility vehicle in the garage. There was no sign of any foul play in the residence, Rae said.

Police think Stockdale, who has severe scoliosis and cannot stand upright, would trade her labor for physical therapy services. She also worked in property management.

In recent months, Stockdale had been seen driving a black Toyota Tacoma pickup with a topper and grill guard. The pickup has Colorado license plate 296-NVH.

The truck belongs to a man named Mark Schiebel, 59, who has lived in Steamboat for about 15 years. Police think it is possible Stockdale may be with Schiebel, but they have been unable to contact Schiebel or find his truck. Schiebel's brother in Fort Collins also does not know where Schiebel is.

Police released a booking photo taken of Schiebel at the Routt County Jail. He was arrested Nov. 1 on suspicion of DUI and driving under revocation.

Deputy Chief Bob DelValle said Stockdale is divorced and has lived in Steamboat for more than 30 years. She does not have family in the Steamboat area.

Police think the last person to see Stockdale was a niece in the Denver area, who had lunch with Stockdale on Sunday. Police think Stockdale drove back to Steamboat.

Rae said his department deals with missing persons cases quite often, and the missing persons routinely are found or accounted for. He said nine officers have been working nearly nonstop on the unusual case.

On Stockdale's Facebook page, friends and family members have been pleading with Stockdale to call them. News about her disappearance is spreading on social media.

Police throughout Colorado and surrounding states have been told to be on the lookout for Stockdale. She is 5 feet 4 inches tall, weighs 115 pounds and has brown hair.

Anyone with information about the case is asked to call the Steamboat Springs Police Department at 970-879-1090. Those wanting to remain anonymous can call 970-870-6226. Tips also can be texted to the number 274637. People should include the letters NABM before the text message.
    Last edited by PeaceBeWithMe; 11-21-2014 at 07:23 AM.

Last edited by Olivia; 11-24-2014 at 01:31 PM. Reason: added article link

Between the ocean and shitty farm fields, California
    It took me a second reading the title, I thought a house was missing.
    Quote Originally Posted by UncomfortablyNumb View Post
    I want that fucking meat.

HA HA HA!

Can a mod fix that, please? It should read as "resident," of course!

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_26...gs-woman-found

She's dead. Along with the guy whose truck she had been using. Possible murder/suicide?

They've updated the story. They believe carbon monoxide poisoning is involved.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBeWithMe View Post
    HA HA HA!

Can a mod fix that, please? It should read as "resident," of course!
    I updated the title to reflect Page's death.

RIP Page
    I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. - Donnie Darko

Thanks, Nestle.

I find this one odd.

Here is the story now that I can cut and paste...

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_26...gs-woman-found

STEAMBOAT SPRINGS — Police confirmed Saturday that they found the bodies of a missing Steamboat Springs woman and a man in his pickup in the Sarvis Creek parking area south of Steamboat Springs.

Police identified Page Stockdale and Mark Schiebel after being notified about the pickup Saturday morning by two Routt County men who were duck hunting in the area.

"It is suspected, at this early stage in the investigation, that carbon monoxide poisoning is a factor in the deaths," Steamboat Police Chief Joel Rae said in a news release.

All of the windows to the truck topper were closed, and there was a charcoal grill in the back.

Stockdale was reported missing Tuesday night after not showing up for a dinner date.

On Wednesday, she did not show up for a physical therapy appointment.

On Thursday, she neither boarded a plane nor canceled her ticket for a trip to Vermont.

In recent months, Stockdale had been seen driving a black Toyota Tacoma pickup with a topper.

The truck belonged to Schiebel, 59, who has lived in Steamboat for about 15 years.

Rae said autopsy and toxicology tests would be done in the coming days.

The investigation into the deaths is ongoing.
    This guy she was with seemed to have some issues. He, too, went missing, until they found her body with his.

He apparently had some legal issues, as well.

Here is his mugshot from a few weeks ago:

Compared to the photo on his Facebook page, it's kinda shocking.

https://www.facebook.com/mark.schieb...=browse_search

How could it be a murder-suicide unless he knocked her out first? Surely she would have had time to get out. Maybe a suicide pact?

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    How could it be a murder-suicide unless he knocked her out first? Surely she would have had time to get out. Maybe a suicide pact?
    I don't know. By all accounts, she seemed happy. Even missed a flight to Virginia when she went missing. That, to me, doesn't scream pact.

This guy just got out of jail. I really think he was a hardcore alcoholic. The changes in him over the last few years are *so* drastic.

This one, to me, still remains a mystery. I can't see two people zonking out simultaneously, ya know? One of them should have been able to get out.

I don't know. By all accounts, she seemed happy. Even missed a flight to Virginia when she went missing. That, to me, doesn't scream pact.

This guy just got out of jail. I really think he was a hardcore alcoholic. The changes in him over the last few years are *so* drastic.

This one, to me, still remains a mystery. I can't see two people zonking out simultaneously, ya know? One of them should have been able to get out.
    That's why I think a pact. They both agreed to die and lay there until they did.

That's why I think a pact. They both agreed to die and lay there until they did.
    I know. But doesn't it seem weird to you that she up and decided to do this when two days later she had a flight booked to Virginia?

It just seems odd to me that she would plan suicide when she had made plans for dinner and trips.

As well, she suffered from severe scoliosis and could not stand upright. She seems like the kind of lady who would be easy to overpower.

I know. But doesn't it seem weird to you that she up and decided to do this when two days later she had a flight booked to Virginia?

It just seems odd to me that she would plan suicide when she had made plans for dinner and trips.

As well, she suffered from severe scoliosis and could not stand upright. She seems like the kind of lady who would be easy to overpower.
    Maybe her illness was a catalyst to her committing suicide? There have been a ton of cases on this site where people argue that John Doe couldn't have killed himself because he had kids, was about to retire, had a dinner booking etc. I don't think there is any real reason that could stop someone taking their life if they were determined.

Maybe her illness was a catalyst to her committing suicide? There have been a ton of cases on this site where people argue that John Doe couldn't have killed himself because he had kids, was about to retire, had a dinner booking etc. I don't think there is any real reason that could stop someone taking their life if they were determined.
    I know, I know.

Somehow, I just think there is more to this one.

I'm going to keep an eye out for news follow-ups.

Thread Information