Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 19 yo Shroq Aziz goes missing from campus parking lot

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

19 yo Shroq Aziz goes missing from campus parking lot

New Orleans police are asking the public's help to locate a 19-year-old Lakeview woman reported missing since Monday.

Police said Shroq Aziz, a student at Delgado Community College, was last seen leaving her home in the 600 block of City Park Avenue for school at approximately 7:30 a.m. She did not return home as expected, and her parents reported finding her unattended car parked at the campus Monday evening.

Aziz is described as 5-foot-3 with a medium build. She has long hair that is usually kept wrapped. Police said she was last seen wearing a gray jacket, dark-colored jeans and a green scarf with another black cloth underneath.

Police provided two photographs of the missing woman and ask anyone with information on her whereabouts to contact NOPD 3rd District detectives at 504.658.6030, NOPD at 504.821.2222, or Crimestoppers at 504.822.1111

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/...ng_missin.html
    Last edited by PeaceBeWithMe; 11-19-2014 at 06:05 AM.

I can only find one Facebook under this name, but it's too vague for me to be sure.

And the below is from a message group on the web.

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...ons/topics/651

Re: arabielementary hi i miss arabi!!

Expand Messages

Shannon Devine

Message 1 of 13 , Jan 13, 2008

View Source

i went there k-5th 2 i wish i lived close to arabi i used to live close to it but i moved.

and idk what they r doin 2 arabi
    shroq aziz <daddys_girl8195@...> wrote:

Hide message history

hi arabi elementary group!!

do yall no wat they are gonna do to arabi elem. since the storm?

i live 2 seconds away from it!

i still miss it!

i heard they are making it an art school? is that true?

i went there for kindergarten to 5th grade!

Love,

Shroq

I think she DOES have a boyfriend. I think she comes from a strict, religious family, and I think she willingly went with whoever she's with.

http://www.wwltv.com/story/news/loca...dent/19215031/

NEW ORLEANS - A Delgado Community College student from Arabi is missing, and now police are asking for the community's help to find her.

It has been more than 24 hours since anyone has seen or heard from 19-year-old Shroq Aziz.

The Delgado Community College student left her house for class around 7:30 a.m. Monday, but when she did not come home that night her family got worried.

"We call her every day. There's 20 people inside and everybody has called her," said her brother Ali Aziz. "It rings, rings, rings and then the answering machine."

Aziz brother, Ali Aziz, said before family members called police, they went to campus looking for her. There, they found her car still parked in one of the campus parking lots.

However, police now wonder if Aziz, who is studying to become a physical therapist, ever made it to class.

According to police, the school's surveillance video shows Aziz pulled into the parking lot behind the student life center at 8 a.m. and then get out of her car and into a black four-door vehicle.

"We don't know, you're just expecting the worst, but praying for the best," says Aziz. "That's all you can do."

Aziz brother was overcome with emotion as he talked about her. As the hours go by her family grows more concerned and is left with more questions.

Aziz said his sister does not have a boyfriend and said it is unusual for her not to come home.

"I want to know, I want to know anything I can know about my sister because I want her with me right now,' Aziz said. "I miss her."

Aziz was last seen wearing a gray jacket, dark-colored jeans and a green scarf with another black cloth underneath.

If you see her or know where she might be, you are asked to call New Orleans police at 821-2222 or Third District detectives at 658-6030.

One of her friends on Vine. Apparently she has a Vine account, but the name goes by so quickly in this clip that I can't be sure what it is. It's either @Rookie or @RookieTheBomb.

https://vine.co/v/OJmPnXjKlXm

And I'm tossing in the Facebook, anyhoooooo. She's Arabi. And it appears she move to the US during the last few years, so this might be her.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php...=browse_search

Hmm, she got out of her car and into another one? Since they say she got into it and not "was forced into it" makes me think she had planned to go with someone. If she did have a boyfriend and planned to go somewhere with him, I'm willing to bet she told her friends, or at least one close friend. I would also think her friends may know more if she has a boyfriend than her family, especially if they are super strict and religious.

However, did she get into that other car with the intent of only being away for a short time? Maybe she went willingly, but met with foul play later on, or whoever she went with later refused to let her leave. There could be many scenarios....

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

She has been found safe,just came across our news feed.

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    Did she run away?

http://www.wwltv.com/story/news/loca...gado/19292175/

At home, on my phone, so I won't cut and paste, but it says she flew to New York and is staying with her uncle.

Some fucked up shit has to be going on to ignore news reports for 48 hours, worry your family, not answer your phone, and just leave without notice.

Abuse, perhaps?

I still think it's related to a boy.

Booyeah! Arranged marriage!

http://wgno.com/2014/11/19/an-arrang...ampaign=buffer

NEW ORLEANS (WGNO) – A missing student from Delgado has been found out-of-state. The NOPD says they have made contact with Shroq Aziz. She is in good health and no foul play was involved.

The 19-year-old was reported missing around 5:30 p.m. Monday when her parents said she didn’t return home after her classes.

WGNO News Reporter Darian Trotter has uncovered exclusive new details about why the young woman may have run off.

In short, Aziz has been found safe and sound out of state. It’s welcomed news on the Delgado Community College Campus.

“We’re all happy definitely,” student Brooke Destroche said.

The 19-year old student left her Arabi home around 7:30 Monday morning. Friends and loved ones became worried when she didn’t return after her evening class.

“Nobody could find her. We didn’t know if she was killed or what happened or anything,” Destroche said.

According to police, Shroq Aziz was seen on security camera footage getting into a black vehicle.

It turns out the driver was a female friend who gave her a ride to the airport.

Family members were kept in the dark. They found Shroq’s car parked in a lot near the Student Life Center.

“And we knew something was up because she’s not anywhere near it. She’s not on campus. So we didn’t know what was going on,” brother Ali Aziz said.

Sources close to the family tell WGNO news that Shroq was unhappy about plans for an arranged marriage.

Tuesday we asked her brother Ali Aziz about the possibility of her running off with a boyfriend.

“She doesn’t have a boyfriend, that’s one thing for sure. She has a fianc?. She’s getting engaged in the summer. So that was the plan,” he explained.

“I guess she’s just looking to start a life away from how her parents view her life is supposed to go,” student George Shifflett said.

Her father would only say that his daughter was uncomfortable with a “situation” at home.

Meanwhile, fellow students empathize with what Shroq may have been feeling.

“She just doesn’t want to go along with this arranged marriage. Her parents are pushing something on her that she doesn’t want,” Shifflett said.

“You don’t know who you’re marrying. You don’t know who you’re going to spend the rest of your life with,” Destoche said.

The first glimmer of home for loved ones came Wednesday afternoon, when the missing woman’s phone was tracked to an airport in Indianapolis.

Her father says she later caught a connecting flight to New York. He says Aziz is with an uncle in New York. She’s expected to return to New Orleans following a “cooling off period” that’s expected to last a few days.

I'm so fucking happy I wasn't born into a family like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Shins View Post

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.

+ 1,000,000

Seriously.

WTF is wrong with people, still doing this antiquated shit in 2014?

No choices for you, darling, we're going to find you a nice abusive asshole to serve for the remainder of your days.

Fuck that.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by kevansvault View Post
    + 1,000,000

Seriously.

WTF is wrong with people, still doing this antiquated shit in 2014?

No choices for you, darling, we're going to find you a nice abusive asshole to serve for the remainder of your days.

Fuck that.
    At the ripe old age of 19, no less.
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

Good for her. And I am glad she has other family and friends that can help her out of this situation.

an arranged marriage would have done wonders for my romantic life.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

What seems to be most head bashing thing to this is that THERE WAS A FUCKING NEWS STORY about this chick being missing when her family most likely had a REALLY GOOD IDEA why the fuck she went missing.

"I don't know why she left, I mean, she is being forced by us to marry someone she doesn't know or love, but she would never leave us." Brother, you are a fucking idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

Quote Originally Posted by g r ee n ey e s View Post
    What seems to be most head bashing thing to this is that THERE WAS A FUCKING NEWS STORY about this chick being missing when her family most likely had a REALLY GOOD IDEA why the fuck she went missing.

"I don't know why she left, I mean, she is being forced by us to marry someone she doesn't know or love, but she would never leave us." Brother, you are a fucking idiot.
    I thought the same thing when I read the news story and then posted some of it in bold above.

"There are twenty people calling her allllllllllllllllllll the time!"

"Oh, no! She has no boyfriend!!"

Etc, etc, etc.

Arranged marriage doesn't shock me. I assumed she had fallen for a boy her family would not approve of, and I still think that might be possible. She's a young, pretty girl in America. Who wants to be shoved into some strange guy's arms? I'd run, too.

I know it sounds ridiculous, but to many traditional Arabic families, it really is that out of mind that a daughter would run away on her own intention. Like, the thought that she has her own mind and direction for life is like... completely unreal to the old worlders.

I know a guy who was forced to marry his first cousin. They're divorced now and he married a white girl. His family disowned him.

I know it sounds ridiculous, but to many traditional Arabic families, it really is that out of mind that a daughter would run away on her own intention. Like, the thought that she has her own mind and direction for life is like... completely unreal to the old worlders.

I know a guy who was forced to marry his first cousin. They're divorced now and he married a white girl. His family disowned him.
    While I can agree that they must obviously still feel those traditions and values are important to them and their beliefs currently, they are still living in this day and age. You would think that they would adapt to realize that it will be harder for them to enforce this kind of thing in this day and time. Hence think to themselves, my daughter probably ran away because of the arranged marriage.

I also bet she said something to the effect of, "No, I don't want to do this." Before she even left.

All speculation, you know.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

Quote Originally Posted by g r ee n ey e s View Post
    While I can agree that they must obviously still feel those traditions and values are important to them and their beliefs currently, they are still living in this day and age. You would think that they would adapt to realize that it will be harder for them to enforce this kind of thing in this day and time. Hence think to themselves, my daughter probably ran away because of the arranged marriage.

I also bet she said something to the effect of, "No, I don't want to do this." Before she even left.

All speculation, you know.
    Dude, you'd be amazed. She probably could have told them "I'm not doing this. If you make me do this I'm running away." ...and some boater parents would not take it seriously, because "how dare she, she'll never.. she knows better."

Most Arabs in this area (like 90%) are modernized and live with typical American tradition and lifestyle, but there are those 10% that are like... from another planet.

Thread Information