Thread: Miss Honduras World Maria Jose Alvarado Munoz was murdered days before Miss World Pageant

Miss Honduras World Maria Jose Alvarado Munoz was murdered days before Miss World Pageant

http://www.cnn.com/2014/11/16/world/...queen-missing/

Honduran beauty queen missing days before pageant

Tegucigalpa, Honduras (CNN) -- A Honduran beauty queen has disappeared days before the start of the Miss World pageant.

Investigators are searching for Miss Honduras World Mar?a Jos? Alvarado Mu?oz and her sister, who went missing on Thursday, police in the Central American country said Sunday. Family members reported their disappearance on Saturday, police said.

Eduardo Zablah, director of the pageant in Honduras, told CNN affiliate Televicentro that the sisters were last seen getting into a vehicle after attending a party last week.

Contestants from more than 120 countries are scheduled to start arriving in London this week for early rounds of the Miss World pageant. They'll face off in a final round on December 14.

Alvarado, a 19-year-old student from Santa B?rbara, Honduras, describes herself as an aspiring diplomat who enjoys playing volleyball and soccer in her spare time, according to a profile of her on the pageant's website.

She beat 18 contestants to win the Miss World Honduras crown in April.

Blarg. Can a mod fix the title?

I can't find any text in English, but found out this one that says there is 4 people arrested in this case.

http://www.tiempo.hn/sucesos/item/84...-desaparecidas

Quote Originally Posted by Xanoca View Post
    I can't find any text in English, but found out this one that says there is 4 people arrested in this case.

http://www.tiempo.hn/sucesos/item/84...-desaparecidas
    I saw that, too. Apparently they think the sister's boyfriend was involved.

They were found dead:
    http://www.nbcnews.com/news/latino/m...eports-n251481

Mar?a Jos? Alvarado, 19, recently crowned Miss Honduras, as well as her sister, Sof?a Trinidad Alvarado Mu?oz, have been found dead, according to reports from the Associated Press and BBC. The young women went missing on Nov. 13, days before Alvarado was set to fly to London for the Miss World contest.

On Tuesday police said they had detained two men, including the boyfriend of Alvarado's sister, and were questioning them on the young women's disappearance. The sisters had last been seen leaving a party in a car without a license plate.

Honduras is the murder capital of the world, with a homicide rate of 90.4 people per 100,000, according to an April U.N. report, almost double the rate of Venezuela, which ranks second with 53.7 per 100,000.

Quote Originally Posted by moosella View Post
    They were found dead:
    http://www.nbcnews.com/news/latino/m...eports-n251481

Mar?a Jos? Alvarado, 19, recently crowned Miss Honduras, as well as her sister, Sof?a Trinidad Alvarado Mu?oz, have been found dead, according to reports from the Associated Press and BBC. The young women went missing on Nov. 13, days before Alvarado was set to fly to London for the Miss World contest.

On Tuesday police said they had detained two men, including the boyfriend of Alvarado's sister, and were questioning them on the young women's disappearance. The sisters had last been seen leaving a party in a car without a license plate.

Honduras is the murder capital of the world, with a homicide rate of 90.4 people per 100,000, according to an April U.N. report, almost double the rate of Venezuela, which ranks second with 53.7 per 100,000.
    I feared this much as soon as I saw they were missing.

Jesus. That poor family.

Senior Member UncomfortablyNumb's Avatar
    Ugh. Super sad. And the sister's bf was in on it? What a douche.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    She transitioned from a stupid asshole to a dumb bitch.

I heard on the spanish radio that the sister's boyfriend got mad at Sofia for dancing with another man. He picked the sisters up, he and Sofia got into an argument over the dancing shit, it turned violent and he shot her. He shot Maria twice from behind as she was trying to run away. They tried taking both ladies to the hospital but they died on the way. The boyfriend and his friend then decided to bury them both near a river so they could "decompose faster".

All because he was jealous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

Senior Member UncomfortablyNumb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    I heard on the spanish radio that the sister's boyfriend got mad at Sofia for dancing with another man. He picked the sisters up, he and Sofia got into an argument over the dancing shit, it turned violent and he shot her. He shot Maria twice from behind as she was trying to run away. They tried taking both ladies to the hospital but they died on the way. The boyfriend and his friend then decided to bury them both near a river so they could "decompose faster".

All because he was jealous.
    OMG. Stories like this irritate the piss out of me. Get the fuck over yourself, dude. I swear, jealousy brings out the worst in people.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    She transitioned from a stupid asshole to a dumb bitch.

Soldiers recover bodies of murdered Miss Honduras and her sister as their final moments are revealed and police arrest sibling?s boyfriend
    Miss Honduras Maria Jose Alvarado, and her sister, both found dead
    Maria Jose, 19, was due to fly to London to compete in Miss World
    Their bodies were discovered after her sister's boyfriend's arrest
    Police said the two bodies were found in a village near Aguagua River
    Her sister's boyfriend Plutarco Antonio Ruiz confesses to killings
    The two were both shot dead then buried in a riverbank in Santa Barbara

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz3JbHCtmnr
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Gosh, can't imagine why she danced with someone else...short, fat, drunk and armed. Those poor girls, they must have been terrified- And there was no attempt to go to any hospital. You don't blast someone in the back twice and consider la emergencia.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBelle View Post
    And there was no attempt to go to any hospital. You don't blast someone in the back twice and consider la emergencia.
    exactly. i was like "yeah, bullshit" when i heard it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

Thread Information