Thread: Diem Brown (32), famous from MTV Real World Challenges, lost her battle with ovarian cancer

Diem Brown (32), famous from MTV Real World Challenges, lost her battle with ovarian cancer

MTV star Diem Brown died Friday after battling cancer for the third time, People magazine reports. She was 32.

Brown had been a longtime blogger for People.com, documenting her brave cancer struggle for the past couple years.

?MTV is tremendously sad to hear the news that Diem Brown has lost her long battle with cancer,? MTV added via a statement. ?We send our deepest condolences to her family and friends. Diem was a true fighter and brought passion to everything she touched. We will miss her.?

Just a couple days ago on Tuesday, the reality star had asked for prayers and advice, tweeting, "my doctors are seemingly giving up but I won't & can't rollover. Whatever option I have to LIVE I'm grabbing!"

Last month, Brown revealed to People magazine that her latest bout with cancer had spread from her colon to her liver and lymph nodes.

"I was blown away. It really crushed a little bit of my spirit," she said.

After dealing with intense pain and side effects from the chemotherapy, Brown said she was at her lowest point in late October.

"It was such a dark, dark, dark, dark place. I would go in the bathtub and just lay down for hours, with the water running," she added. "I kept getting worse, and I felt like it would never end."

But through it all, Brown never lost her spirit and always stayed positive, even thinking about her post-cancer life.

"I'm going to have a family and get married and the whole American, 2? kids, white-picket-fence dream," she said. "It's something that's really important to me, because it means a long-term future."

Brown -- who made her MTV debut on "Real World/Road Rules Challenge: Fresh Meat" in 2006, then went on to create MedGift, a website to support others like her fighting serious health issues -- had been dealing with cancer for almost a decade. First with ovarian cancer in 2006 and then again in 2012. She was noticeably surprised when it returned the second time.

"My doctors said there was no way it would come back," she told US Weekly in 2012. "I got a call from the same doctor I had six years ago and he said those same words, they're just as devastating: 'Sorry to tell you, but you have cancer.'"

Then in 2013, she beat cancer once again.

"The call came ? the call that made me feel like I had a map leading me out of my maze, doors started lifting up and I was finally let free," she wrote for People.com in February of that year. "That first breath you let out when you get good news feels almost stolen. Your entire body gets weak as if you were holding up this 100-lb. weight over your head and you've finally been told you could drop it. You feel free! Absolutely freaking free!"

But once again, the MTV star was diagnosed with cancer this past August, this time in her colon.

"The Duel" and "The Gauntlet" competitor found out about the news while filming a reality show.

"Doctors found one tumor blocking her colon completely so they had to do emergency surgery that evening to remove the blockage," Brown's sister told People. She had a second surgery three days later.

Through it all, it was her MTV family that stood by Brown through her battles.

Earlier last month, Brown posted a photo of a letter she received from a fellow challenge cast member Cara Maria.

"After back tube surgery I opened most thoughtful @CaraMariaMTV letter!," she wrote.

Former MTV host TJ Lavin reached out to see how she was doing, as well.

"Been a tough week but you of all people understand the roller coaster of recovery?? thx for ur support!" she replied.

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/...ry?id=26577738

Her Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Diem-Brown/109748063426

Twitter: https://twitter.com/diembrownmtv

Awww, I just posted this in celeb gossip before seeing this thread.

So sad. I didn't know it came back, or that she was that young.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

I read on People a while ago that it had come back, but I guess I didn't realize how bad. She was always one of my faves. This is the latest pic from her FB, she looks so skinny here:

She was still gorgeous.

Fucking cancer...
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

Fucking cancer, indeed. What a gorgeous girl. Such a shame.

This makes me so sad. She was one of the few people on those shows that seemed genuinely nice. What a shame, she was such a brave girl, all the way to the end.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

She was magical. This has had me down all day. It honestly breaks my heart more than any other celebrity death. I guess because she was so open and honest and verbal about wanting to live so badly.

This seriously breaks my ducking heart. Godspeed gorgeous girl!

They posted her memorial video:

well that was sad. Im glad she did get to do so much with her short life and do many things. I was really pulling for her.

That was breathtaking. I don't know why her death is still bothering me so much.

I wonder why her mom died.

Did anyone post a thread for Knight?

yes. well, i thought someone did but i can't find it even through google.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Quote Originally Posted by debk589 View Post
    Did anyone post a thread for Knight?
    http://mydeathspace.com/vb/showthrea...ght-dead-at-29

Thread Information