Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Elizabeth Sullivan's (31) remains were pulled from the San Diego Bay two years after she went missing

Elizabeth Sullivan's (31) remains were pulled from the San Diego Bay two years after she went missing

http://www.people.com/article/missin...abeth-sullivan

'I'm at the End of My Rope,' Says Husband of Missing Mom Elizabeth Sullivan

Halloween came and went without Elizabeth Sullivan taking her beloved young daughters out trick-or-treating. Now with Thanksgiving just around the corner, her Navy husband, Matthew, hopes his missing wife will find her way home.

"I'm at the end of my rope," he told PEOPLE in a rare interview from his home in Point Loma in San Diego. "I'm running on fumes right now, I don't know where to look. I'm always looking around the neighborhood, trying to catch a glimpse of her. Even if I got a phone call saying she's okay, it would put my mind at rest. But nothing at this point."

Elizabeth Ricks Sullivan, 31, disappeared on Oct. 13 and was reported missing by her friend after she failed to show up for an outing.

Police say there has been only one confirmed sighting of Elizabeth, at a nearby soccer field on Oct. 19, and that was from a bystander who did not know her personally. Elizabeth's cell phone stopped working immediately after her disappearance and her almost daily phone calls to her dad also ceased.

Searching for Answers
    The mother of two girls, 4 and 2, had been going out with friends more often of late. Sullivan's husband Matthew, 29, admits the two were having marital problems, and that he was letting her "have her space."

She's never been gone more than an overnight in the past, he insists.

"The girls need their mom. She's never been gone this long, nowhere near this long. She's been with them their whole lives, while I was at work or on deployment, she was always here," he says, fighting back tears. "They definitely are not used to [her being gone]."

A Husband Devastated
    The serviceman says he "feels lost." Matthew initially took leave, but recently went back to work in an attempt to get back to normal.

"It's killing me. I've lost 25 lbs. It's taking a toll physically and mentally," he says. "I think about her constantly, I can't stop. The girls are my biggest concern right now. I have to keep going, try to do what I have to do for them, and keep praying."

And some negative statements by those who do not know the family have caused added stress.

"I don't want negativity, I don't want her to be seen in a bad way. She's a good mom," Matthew says, adding that any little piece of information on her whereabouts, "I'll be thankful for."

Leaning on Friends
    Matthew has been getting a lot of support through the Navy and his community, he says.

"Friends have reached out in social media, I've seen the flyers and people are getting out there and looking," Matthew says. "The girls are getting counseling. They don't grasp the situation and I avoid talking about anything around them because they soak up everything like sponges. I'm trying not to let it affect them."

"I know when they see her, they are going to be so happy."

In the meantime, Sullivan's father, Tony Ricks, and cousin Christine have set up a Go Fund Me site to cover expenses in trying to find Elizabeth. On Friday, they flew from their homes in Hampton, Virginia, where Ricks is a fourth-grade teacher, to talk to detectives and see Elizabeth's girls.

Ricks, who tells PEOPLE he and his daughter were in constant contact until the day she disappeared, told NBC 7 in San Diego on Sunday, "It can happen to you. When it does, it gets very personal and it takes on a whole new light when it happens to you. You get a strength like you never had before because that's my daughter and I'm bringing her home."
    http://mydeathspace.com/article/2016...e_went_missing
    Last edited by Olivia; 12-07-2016 at 01:23 PM.

http://www.13newsnow.com/story/news/...wife/17668091/

This is supposedly a confirmed sighting, but I'm not putting stock in it. Another article indicates that the person who "saw" her doesn't even know her.

Hell, I could go to 7-11 at lunch a likely see "this girl".

Her sister.

https://www.facebook.com/christina.ricks?fref=ts

Not too much going on here.... Oddly enough.

Where they don't have maps.......such as..
    In the original post that you made it said that the confirmed sighting was someone who did not know her personally. Perhaps that means that the person knew of her or who she was but had never spoken to her. Otherwise, I'm not sure how they can "confirm" that it was indeed her
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star
    I was about to be annoyed that this thread was still active, but I see now it's morphed into offers of sex for chilli confectionary, so carry on guys :)

Quote Originally Posted by SuchAClassicGirl View Post
    In the original post that you made it said that the confirmed sighting was someone who did not know her personally. Perhaps that means that the person knew of her or who she was but had never spoken to her. Otherwise, I'm not sure how they can "confirm" that it was indeed her
    Yes, right. I've read several stories today and am brain-fried. :)

Her father says she routinely texted him if only to say "I'm OK" which, to me, seems like that marriage might have been a bit worse off then reported. She spoke to him, he says, several times a day.

I believe this is the husband, Matthew: https://www.facebook.com/matthew.sullivan.564

Quote Originally Posted by moosella View Post
    I believe this is the husband, Matthew: https://www.facebook.com/matthew.sullivan.564
    It is.

And all he has done is "like" the group on Facebook looking for her. No posts. Nothing.

From what I can see, other than that People interview, he's awfully 'mum' about this. Even on the group page people are asking why no one is hearing from him.

People continue to ask why there are no updates and why her husband has not made a statement on the Facebook page. The father will respond that those questions are private family matters. I find it odd that in the only interview the husband gave, it was all about him. "I've lost 25 lbs from the stress. I'm at the end of my rope. It's been so hard on me." Me...me...me...If on the slim chance you didn't kill your wife...how do you think HER day is going?

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBelle View Post
    People continue to ask why there are no updates and why her husband has not made a statement on the Facebook page. The father will respond that those questions are private family matters. I find it odd that in the only interview the husband gave, it was all about him. "I've lost 25 lbs from the stress. I'm at the end of my rope. It's been so hard on me." Me...me...me...If on the slim chance you didn't kill your wife...how do you think HER day is going?

How in the world can the police "confirm" this sighting? How odd. You can't be sure unless you talk to the person or see a REALLY identifying remark, like a tattoo.

I doubt she's just wandering around on her own. It seems unlikely that she'd just leave her daughters without notice.

And yeah, I agree, her husband's statement sounds self-centered. Of course, they could have edited out half of what he said, but the interview doesn't paint him in the best light.

Quote Originally Posted by Cryptocrat View Post
    How in the world can the police "confirm" this sighting? How odd. You can't be sure unless you talk to the person or see a REALLY identifying remark, like a tattoo.

I doubt she's just wandering around on her own. It seems unlikely that she'd just leave her daughters without notice.

And yeah, I agree, her husband's statement sounds self-centered. Of course, they could have edited out half of what he said, but the interview doesn't paint him in the best light.
    My guess is the sighting took place at or outside of a business that had surveillance cameras and they were able to verify the sighting with her on film.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    My guess is the sighting took place at or outside of a business that had surveillance cameras and they were able to verify the sighting with her on film.
    I recall reading that someone who did not know her "saw" her at a public park.

Nothing at all seems substantial about that.

Edited to add: It's in the original news post above.

Police say there has been only one confirmed sighting of Elizabeth, at a nearby soccer field on Oct. 19, and that was from a bystander who did not know her personally.

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBelle View Post
    I was thinking the exact same thing. Me me me, I, I, I...he killed her. I think her family may know, but can't say anything due to the investigation. Or I read too much here, and watch too much TV.

http://www.nbcnews.com/feature/missi...zabeth-n693201

A body pulled from the San Diego Bay in California in October has now been identified as missing Navy wife and mother of two Elizabeth Sullivan.

Sullivan's body was pulled from the water on October 5, according to NBC affiliate NBC 7. San Diego police confirmed the identification Wednesday. Homicide investigators have traveled to the East Coast to reportedly look into possible leads, the station reported.

Sullivan, who was 31 when she disappeared, was last seen on October 13, 2014. A text message sent that day was said to be the last time anyone had contact with her. There was a reported sighting two days later, near a local soccer field, but that was never confirmed.

The investigation is ongoing and anyone with information regarding the case is urged to call the San Diego Police Department at (619) 531-2000.

Sullivan was featured in Dateline's Missing in America series in December of 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

Could she really be pulled as a 'body' if she had been in the water all this time?

Maybe "skeletal remains" might be too grim a phrase to put in a story? :(

Quote Originally Posted by therearesomewhocallmekim View Post
    Maybe "skeletal remains" might be too grim a phrase to put in a story? :(
    Hmmm. Weird.

I figured that she was deceased, this is still sad though.

Sorry I didn't reply to your post 2 years ago Peace if it was an eyewitness that didn't even know her, they shouldn't even mention it.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    Could she really be pulled as a 'body' if she had been in the water all this time?
    She would have had to have been in some kind of container to still be intact after so long. Perhaps a sea bag?
    Assumption is the mother of all fuck ups

Quote Originally Posted by marycontrary View Post
    She would have had to have been in some kind of container to still be intact after so long. Perhaps a sea bag?
    Hmm yes I did not think of that. Or she was homeless or something and only went into the water recently. Otherwise, if she had been in the water the whole time, I would guess there is 0% chance she can be pulled as a whole body.

I still think the hubby was involved.

Then again, I always think the hubby is involved.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Since Homicide investigators are involved, I'm guessing that she was in some kind of container. Whoever did it (perhaps Hubby) is probably surprised that she was found after so long. I wonder what he's been up to for the last two years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Yeah I'm thinking a large cooler or something like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Not your business View Post
    I will out think the fucking pants off of you and you would thank me for helping you out of them.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    I think it was the husband and clearly her family think the same:

***10/2/16 This message is specifically for Ryan and Grier, from your cousin Christina. One day, many years from now, you will come of age and you will search for information about your mother, hopefully you will find this page.
    Unfortunately your father decided as of May 2016 to discontinue contact with your mother’s side of the family – specifically me and your grandfather (Tony Ricks aka Edward Anthony Ricks Sr.). I visited San Diego in May of 2016 and called and texted your father MANY times in advance of my trip to schedule some brief time to see you two with your father while I was there. He responded to those calls and texts maybe twice – after your grandfather begged him to respond to me. The couple of responses that I got to my calls and many texts were terse but your father made it seem that while I was in San Diego I would at least be able to say hello and see the two of you for a bit. When I touched down in Los Angeles I called your father, no response. When I actually arrived in San Diego and called and texted (many many times) your father never responded. I was staying at the Loews in Coronado and hoped we could get together for lunch or that the two of you and your father could come for a swim. Your father also stopped returning your grandfather’s texts and calls. Unfortunately your father’s goal was to make it hard to impossible for us to know the two of you, especially given our distance from you (your grandfather lives in Virginia and I in Washington DC). This is an unfortunate turn of events but you will need to know the truth one day. I do hope you seek it and find it.

If you are ever so compelled to reach out and learn more about your mother and her side of the family please feel free to reach out to me your cousin Christina Ricks, through this page or through Facebook.***
    Help spread the word!
    https://www.facebook.com/FindElizabethSullivan/

Thread Information