Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 1 suicide death, 2 attempts in ~16 hours on Toronto subway system

Quote Originally Posted by Bonnie Hu View Post
    https://www.ttc.ca/News/2011/June/TT...r_suicide_.jsp

They have posters that say "Thinking of suicide? There is help. Let's Talk." and provide free counselling on the payphones. I was surprised to see "Toronto subway and RT" listed as a suicide site on Wikipedia. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...#North_America
    There should be one that says "Thinking of suicide? The train's to the right. Please try not to make a mess."

I'm going to hell.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

"Since the program’s launch in 2011, there have been 256 calls. More than half of those have come from pranksters or from people not in distress. The remaining 94 calls were sorted into four categories by the counsellor on the other end of the line. Level 3 and 4 calls are for people in crisis who are having suicidal thoughts; they require immediate action. "

What were they calling about? "So, what are you wearing?"

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

I overheard bus drivers joke about how subway suicides are good for businesses around the stations due to the amount of people being forced to leave while crews deal with the aftermath. Thought it was a bit insensitive at first but then I realized they've probably been desensitized from dealing with this on an average of every 12 or so days this year, and that's not including the people who fell or tracks or got hit by trains by accident.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    What were they calling about? "So, what are you wearing?"
    I really felt like calling last weekend just to have someone to complain to when a guy I was supposed to meet for dinner was an hour late. It feels really insulting and I hate it when people don't respect my time. I can totally understand if someone calls out of frustration when they're out in public and near a station.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonnie Hu View Post
    I really felt like calling last weekend just to have someone to complain to when a guy I was supposed to meet for dinner was an hour late. It feels really insulting and I hate it when people don't respect my time. I can totally understand if someone calls out of frustration when they're out in public and near a station.
    Yeah, people probably call to bitch if the train is late. "If the train isn't here in 2 minutes, I'm going to throw myself in front of the next train and make everyone else late."

http://youtu.be/pQtoSPrL2HA?t=3m40s
    Siri will offer a suicide hotline if you tell her you want to throw yourself in front of a train.

Thread Information