Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12

Thread: Tiffanie Adams (20) was found dead after she went for a short walk and never returned

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly-Jane View Post
    No one knows who's it is yet , they are doing DNA.
    I'm predicting it to be Jonas Orr's baby as it seems he habitually raped Tiffanie and there was quite a few people who knew about this. Tiffanie was starting to tell people about the rapes before she was killed.
    The baby didn't turn out to be his , I learnt this though the help find tiff group and forgot to update at the time. You can probably find articles about it now
    I truly believe her prior allegations of rape against him. I hope this asshole goes down. Though the group I've spoken to people who knew Tiff and Jonas. He is disgusting and she had been trying to protect herself from him for a long time.

http://wthitv.com/2016/02/16/idhs-pr...-murder-trial/
    SULLIVAN COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) ? As News 10 reported on Jan. 21 ? extra security measures will be used for the high-profile murder trial in Sullivan County this March.
    The Indiana Department of Homeland Security announced on Tuesday morning that they will be assisting the Sullivan County Sheriff?s Office by providing screening equipment.
    Johnus Orr is set to face a jury of his peers, as he is accused of the murder of his step-sister Tiffanie Adams and her unborn son, on March 7. Sullivan County officials held a security meeting earlier this year as part of the planning phase to implement heightened security.
    ?Fortunately murder trials are not common here and that?s a good thing, but there are a lot of emotions on both sides,? said Sheriff Clark Cottom in a phone interview with News 10.
    The IDHS will be providing two walk-through metal detectors so law enforcement officers can screen those attending the trial. One will serve as the primary screening device and the second will be a backup.
    ?This is a high-profile trial in which emotions can run high,? said Jeff Griffith, jail commander for the Sullivan County Sheriff?s Department. ?We just want to make sure we have every reasonable security measure in place.?
    Griffith also said Sullivan County does not have its own walk-through metal detectors.
    The state homeland security agency purchased the metal detectors in July of 2015 from federal government surplus supplies.

(I hope someone still gets a shot in ! )

The police must be expecting some family members to act up. I wonder if this trial is going to be live?

The town is angry about this, really angry. He was a hated person long before he did this. I hope the detectors fail.....

Today at the Sullivan County Courthouse, Johnus Orr faced another pre-trial hearing for the murder of Tiffanie Adams and her unborn child back in 2014. Its been a long process since then.

Both the prosecution and the defense have been arguing if cell phone site location evidence will be admissible during the trial.

Tiffanie Adams' cell phone was recovered from the Sullivan County lake back in August 2015. Prosecutor John Springer wants the court to hear from an FBI special agent on cell phone "ping" technology that can approximate the location of her cell phone leading up to her death.

Today the judge heard from the special agent who specializes in historical records of cell phone conversations and locations. The expert explained that there are some situations in which the location of the cell phone could be altered due to blockages to the nearest cell tower, but that this technology is the most accurate measurement. The defense argues that the evidence needs to be conclusive before being admissible in court.

"I think that the evidence once it is explained by someone who knows what everything means will be very relevant to proving our case," Springer said.

"When a person's liberty is at stake we got to have more than approximations and estimates, so I think it's inadmissible for those reasons," Defense attorney John Kesler said.

The only cell site info in the trial would be testimony coming from the FBI agent, but it should be noted that he's testified in over 60 trials around the country regarding historical records.

The judge has to look over some more reports before making a decision. I was told today that he should have a ruling by early next week.

http://www.mywabashvalley.com/news/m...e-in-orr-trial

A Sullivan County judge has ruled on a motion filed by the defense counsel in the Johnus Orr trial which is scheduled to begin next week.

Orr is accused of the 2014 murder of Tiffanie Adams and her unborn child. Orr's attorney asked the judge to throw out cell phone "ping" evidence. The judge has denied that motion.

During a hearing earlier this month, the court heard from an FBI special agent who specializes in "ping" technology.

Kevin Horan testified that ping equipment can determine where a cell phone is and what calls were made to and from the phone. The prosecution wants to use that information from the victim's phone. The judge found Kevin Horan's knowledge and experience will be necessary to help the jury understand the evidence.
    http://www.mywabashvalley.com/news/j...g-in-orr-trial

Trial has finally started !

Jurors at the Johnus Orr murder trial heard opening arguments this morning, followed by testimony from more than a half dozen people.

Prosecutor John Springer started by showing the jury images of Tiffanie Adams five weeks before her death. He also showed Orr's mug shot. Springer reminded jurors that cell phone evidence will be an important element to this case.

In his opening remarks, John Kesler said Orr is not guilty, and the state does not have sufficient evidence to convict beyond all reasonable doubt.

The most emotional testimony of the day came from the father of Adams' unborn child. He said, at the time of Adams' death, he was in the process of creating a better life for his son.

The Sullivan County farmer who discovered Adams body in a corn field also testified. Along with an Indiana State Police crime scene investigator who evaluated the scene. Also, a Vigo County pathologist who did the autopsy, and found benadryl and alcohol in Adams' system.

The autopsy determined Adams died of ligature strangulation. Several photos were admitted into evidence, including a picture of Adams' body with a red jacket tied in a knot around her neck.

Two former boyfriends testified Adams had a prescription drug problem. One said Adams got pills from her step-dad, who is Johnus Orr's father. The witness also said Orr gave pills to Adams, and threatened Adams on several occasions.

Testimony resumes Wednesday morning at 8:30am at the Sullivan County Courthouse.

http://www.mywabashvalley.com/news/t...s-at-orr-trial

SULLIVAN COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) ? The jury selection process is complete for a high-profile murder trial in Sullivan County.
    Johnus Orr is accused of murdering his step-sister Tiffanie Adams and her unborn son.
    After five rounds, 12 primary jurors were seated. There were 10 men and two women chosen.
    All with the 12 member jury, there were also two alternates.
    Opening statements are set to begin at 8:30 Tuesday morning.
    The defense had asked the jurors be sequestered once selected to limit their exposure to media coverage of the trial. But, a judge denied that request.
    To start round one there were 14 prospective jurors and of those 14, six of them were dismissed early on by Judge Hugh Hunt. By the end of round one there was only one prospective juror who had not been dismissed.
    Yates reported that the state asked prospective jurors about their knowledge of news coverage in connection with this case, knowledge about a cell phone, among other questions. Any juror who has personal knowledge of the case are being questioned in chambers before moving. on.
    Round two was complete just before 12:30 p.m. after questioning 13 possible jurors. Yates reported two possible jurors were dismissed early for personally knowing Orr.
    Four jurors remained after round two making a total of five jurors seated.
    Nine prospective jurors were questioned in the third round. Of those two jurors were released early and then four were seated. That brought the total to nine jurors so far.
    Only one juror was seated during round four of questioning bringing the total to 10 jurors. Of those 10 jurors, eight of them are men and two of them are women.
    If convicted, Orr could face more than 65-years behind bars for each count of murder.
    http://wthitv.com/2016/06/27/jury-se...-murder-trial/

"Perhaps the most important evidence will surround the contents of Adams? cell-phone. ?I cannot stress enough how important it is,? Springer told the jury before concluding his opening statement.
    Defense Attorney, John Kesler focused heavily on a lack of evidence in the case.
    ?There is no DNA evidence, surveillance video or eye witnesses that put Tiffanie and Johnus together on the day in question,? said Kesler.

More at link : http://wthitv.com/2016/06/28/opening...-murder-trial/

Shoulda posted them the other way around. It is what it is lol
    Im concerned 8 male jurors only 2 female ?! Also they are placing ALOT of weight in the cell phone evidence. There doesnt appear to be alot else.

*Shoulda said 10 men 2 woman ....opps *

SULLIVAN COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) – Day three in the State of Indiana vs. Johnus Orr resumed at 8:30 Wednesday morning.
    Johnus Orr is accused of murdering his step-sister Tiffanie Adams and her unborn son.
    The prosecution continued their case Wednesday by calling Robert Orr, a Forensic Scientist with the Indiana State Police, to take the stand.
    He stated he analyzed vacuum filters from a green Chevrolet Blazer belonging to a Jim Fish, who is believed to be a friend of Johnus.
    R. Orr determined fibers extracted from the vehicle were similar in color, characteristics and microscopic chemistry to the fibers from the red fleece jacket found tied around Adams’ neck.
    However, Orr testified those fibers are mass produced and not unique. He could not determine with certainty they came from the same jacket.
    Bruce Adams, who acted as Tiffanie’s father, was next to testify for the state.
    He told the court on the afternoon of Nov. 5, 2014 he believed Tiffanie walked to her mothers house. The home of Brian and Christina Orr can be seen from Adams’ backyard.
    Bruce claims he received a call from Tiffanie later that afternoon. “She was screaming ‘dad.’ I heard a commotion, click and then nothing.” Bruce stated he went to Brian and Christina Orr’s house and asked them where Tiffanie was. After getting no response he returned home and spent the rest of the afternoon searching for his daughter.
    Bruce told the court that same evening he witnessed Johnus and his wife “messing with something on the front porch,” later to be revealed as a trail camera.
    As Christina Orr, Tiffanie’s mother, took the stand she revealed little about the day her daughter was believed to have gone missing. “The last time I spoke to her was Oct. 27,” Christina told the jury.
    She did not recall any conversation with Bruce, but did acknowledge the SD card from the camera on her and Brian’s house disappeared on Nov. 5.
    Christina also detailed a history of prescription drug abuse by her daughter, claiming Tiffanie was addicted to Tramadol, which Christina had a prescription for.
    Testimony continued Wednesday afternoon with Sullivan Police Chief Jesse Morin. He told the jury Orr sought a protective order in early September 2014, stating he was being harassed by Tiffanie, her mother, and sister, and they were accusing him of raping them in the past.
    The document admitted into evidence was challenged by Defense Attorney John Kesler.
    Judge Hugh Hunt allowed Warren to read the report to the jury. The document shows a possible motive, Hunt said.
    The filing of the protective order occurred just two months before Tiffanie went missing.
    The prosecution continued to paint a picture of the relationship between Johnus and Tiffanie.
    Derek Freeman, dressed in orange, also took the stand. Freeman claims he was friends with Johnus for 8-years prior to his arrest.
    When asked by Prosecutor John Spring about Johnus and Tiffanie’s relationship Freeman responded, “They were close.”
    He also told the jury he often witnessed Johnus supply Tiffanie with prescription pills.
    The defense questioned Freeman’s honesty as he’s currently in the Sullivan County Jail on a pending charge of armed robbery.
    Kesler asked why Freeman waited more than a year to come forward with details. Freeman said, “It was weighing heavy on my shoulders. I just want to do the right thing.”
    Perhaps the most important evidence, according to the prosecution, came from the contents of Adams cell phone.
    News 10 previously reported the phone was discovered in August 2015 at the bottom of a Sullivan County lake by Indiana State Police Divers, just miles from where Adams’ body was found. Sgt. Brian Bunner, ISP Detective with the Cyber Crimes Unit, testified to the contents of Adams’ phone.
    Bunner read a series of incoming and outgoing text messages from Adams phone on Nov, 5, 2014. The conversation can be read below:
    Outgoing: “Blazer broke down on my way home. Tell Jim sorry.”
    Incoming: “Who is this?”
    Outgoing: “Johnus. Duh Blazer broke down.”
    Incoming: “Where you at?”
    Outgoing: “Heading to Jim’s work.”
    Incoming: “Well where you at I’m on the golf cart looking for you?”
    Outgoing: “On my way home.”
    Incoming: “Who’s phone is this?”
    Outgoing: “Don’t know them. Men and woman let me text you. Have to give it back now.”
    The messages believed to be between Johnus and his wife, Amber Orr, were deleted from Adams’ phone and later recovered, according to Bunner.

http://wthitv.com/2016/06/29/isp-for...-murder-trial/

GUILTY !! , IVE BEEN WAITING TO POST THIS !!
    On the final day of the Johnus Luke Orr homicide trial in Sullivan Superior Court, a verdict of guilty was reached on two counts of murder.

A July 29 sentencing hearing is set for Orr at 9 a.m. On two counts of murder in the homicide of Tiffanie Adams and her unborn son.

http://www.tribstar.com/news/local_n...7b9cbfdd4.html

Sullivan, IN

Johnus Orr is now a convicted killer. The jury of ten men and two women found him guilty of killing Tiffanie Adams and her unborn son.

A relatively short deliberation followed revealing testimony this morning.

A former jail-block mate of Orr's said there were a few occasions in which Orr revealed insight to his crime. The witness stated Orr once said to him 'you'd be amazed what you can live with when you have to'. The witness also testified that Orr said because Adams slandered his family in social media, he (Orr) didn't feel bad about what he had done to her, but he did feel bad about the baby.

"I feel that now she can be at peace. The outcome of this trial has proven that he did kill our niece and nephew," said Donna Adams, the victim's aunt.

Sentencing for Orr is set for July 29th. He faces a maximum of 65 years in prison on each count.

http://www.mywabashvalley.com/news/johnus-orr-guilty

This is what they think happened that day

Tiffanie was walking to her mom's and got in the vehicle with Orr because Orr was the one who would supply her with pills.
    They drove out to the cornfield and an argument happened in the vehicle. Tiffanie took off running in the field. Orr caught up with her and strangled her with the red jacket she was wearing.
    http://www.tribstar.com/news/local_n...cf7c18869.html

?Justice has been served, but the hurt has no end? Johnus Orr sentenced to 120 years for two counts of murder.

SULLIVAN COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) ? On a beautiful Friday afternoon, family members of Tiffanie Adams never expected to be standing at the foot of her headstone.
    ?She had always told me that I was like the mom that she never had,? said Sue Adams, Tiffanie?s Aunt.
    Tiffanie was a soon-to-be mother herself. She was eight-months pregnant when she was killed in November 2014. ?She was looking forward to being a mother,? said Donna Adams, who is also Tiffanie?s Aunt.
    The sentencing hearing marked an emotional end to the high-profile murder trial. Earlier this month, Johnus Orr was convicted on two counts of murder. After a weeks? worth of gruesome testimony, a 12-person jury found Orr guilty for the murder of his stepsister, Tiffanie and her unborn son.

?I was really happy with the verdict, because I think that he will be in prison for the rest of his life,? said Donna.
    Orr faced a maximum of 65 years behind bars for each count of murder. A judge sentenced him to 120 years to be served consecutively.
    ?Regardless of how many feelings are hurt, Johnus Orr killed her and he was held accountable for that today,? said Sheriff Clark Cottom.
    While the pain of losing a loved one remains, Tiffanie?s family finally feels the sense of closure they?ve longed for. ?We will just remember the fun, loving girl that she was. She was full of laughter,? said Sue.
    ?Justice has been served, but the hurt has no end.? Tiffanie Adams family on verdict and sentence. @WTHITV pic.twitter.com/LhCz5TTctS
    ? Lindsey Yates (@LYates_WTHI) July 29, 2016
    Orr continues to claim he is innocent. Orr?s attorney stated they will appeal the sentencing.

http://wthitv.com/2016/07/29/johnus-...ty-for-murder/

Thread Information