Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: David Kalac (33) murdered Amber Coplin and posted photos of her dead body on the internet

I find it incredibly disturbing that you can escape a prison cell with a piece of cardboard.

Senior Member UncomfortablyNumb's Avatar
    Someone needs to take this fucker out and shank him already.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    She transitioned from a stupid asshole to a dumb bitch.

On my cell.
    Found an update.
    http://crimefeed.com/2017/03/crime-story/

What kind of attorney could defend such an absolute piece of shit like he is? I hope he rots.

This case is often referenced when people ask about interesting or wild events that unfolded on reddit.

My guess is that any attorney he has is a public defender. They don't choose who they defend (usually) but have an ethical obligation to defend any client they have to the best of their ability. Without that, the Justice system would be far more broken than it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    This case is often referenced when people ask about interesting or wild events that unfolded on reddit.

My guess is that any attorney he has is a public defender. They don't choose who they defend (usually) but have an ethical obligation to defend any client they have to the best of their ability. Without that, the Justice system would be far more broken than it is.
    Yeah I do understand that. I get they go into that job knowing they will have to defend scum. I guess that I myself could not do that job and just can't imagine how those people do it either. I guess they just try their best not to get too involved and purely look at possible defence theories from their experience and training. I didn't make it clear but I don't want the attorney to rot I meant Kalac.

Quote Originally Posted by highhopes View Post
    Yeah I do understand that. I get they go into that job knowing they will have to defend scum. I guess that I myself could not do that job and just can't imagine how those people do it either. I guess they just try their best not to get too involved and purely look at possible defence theories from their experience and training. I didn't make it clear but I don't want the attorney to rot I meant Kalac.
    They go in to it believing that everyone has a right to a fair trial.
    Good friend is a Criminal Defence Lawyer, that is her answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini View Post
    And without public defenders, who are already stretched super thin, the chance of a fair trial for the poor and usually minorities would be nothing. At least having a lawyer on their side gives them some chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini View Post
    My *someone* is a defence lawyer, mainly, and they say the same. Some of them though... it must be rage inducing having to be level headed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    gangsta rap does not help the youth
    Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    DONT MAKE ME FUCK YOUR BITCH THAT PUSSY POPPIN

Quote Originally Posted by daisylane View Post
    My *someone* is a defence lawyer, mainly, and they say the same. Some of them though... it must be rage inducing having to be level headed.
    Yes. I wonder how she does it sometimes. I think she does as well.
    I know some people slate defence lawyers, but she is genuinely one of the best people I know.
    She will be the first to say that to say that those guilty of horrible crimes need locking up, but she is there to make sure that they get a far trial and if there is any mitigation, it gets heard.

Thread Information