Thread: Tamra Keepness 5yrs, Missing From Ottawa Since 2004 - Case Re-Opened After Crude Map Posted Online

Tamra Keepness 5yrs, Missing From Ottawa Since 2004 - Case Re-Opened After Crude Map Posted Online

Thankyou anonymous mod who fixed my title : )

Background -

http://ckom.com/story/photos-tamra-k...ears-ago/64382

On the night of July 5, eight years ago, five-year-old Tamra Keepness vanished from her Ottawa Street home in Regina's Heritage neighbourhood and has never been seen since.

Photo provided by the Regina Police Service.

It is a sad anniversary few saw coming, at least not without some kind of resolution.

As happens every year on the anniversary of her disappearance, a BBQ was held to remind people a little girl is still missing.

Her great aunt Marilyn Keepness attends every year. But she has few words for the person who may hold the one piece of information that would bring Tamra home.

"Talk to the police. This is a child, a helpless child, that needs an adult's help. A responsible adult."

The night Tamra went missing

The night the little girl went missing, there was no adult in the house. During the early hours of that night, her mother, stepfather and another man were coming and going while Tamra and her five siblings slept.

Days after she was reported missing, the police chief at the time, Cal Johnston, held a news conference to talk about what became the most high-profile missing person case in Regina's modern history.

Johnston said it is still unclear exactly what happened that night. In 2004, he explained that any possibility that the little girl's disappearance was from an innocent accident was remote and they began investigating the possibility of "human interference" from when she was first reported missing.

"We're still in that situation and it's primarily due to unanswered questions we have with respect to activities around the home that night and people who could have had access," he said.

At the time Keepness went missing, all people saw was Tamra's heartbroken mother Lorena.

"Someone has her out there, someone does and he or she or them, they're just afraid to bring her forward," she told reporters in 2004.

Tamra's siblings were taken away from their mother and the family have slowly disappeared from the headlines.

Great aunt looks for resolution, police continue investigation

Marilyn Keepness still holds out hope that the final piece of puzzle will be revealed and a resolution to Tamra's story found. It is a sentiment echoed by Regina Police Chief Troy Hagen.

"Hoping that we can find her, and hopefully find her alive and healthy. That's obviously the ultimate goal but certainly we need information."

Elizabeth Popowich, also with the Regina Police Service, says it will take just one piece of information to find a resolution.

"It is never too late to bring forward information in this case, you can be assured that it will be acted upon," she said. "It's never too late to do the right thing."

Investigators have followed up on 1800 pieces of information and still they are no closer to understanding what happened to the little girl.

"We haven't forgotten and this is still very much an open investigation," Popowich said.

A $25,000 reward is still available for anyone that comes forward with information that leads to Tamra being found.

Popowich believes the reward has never been increased because money may not be the motivating factor to see this case concluded.

"Sometimes the passage of time can change things. People may want to clear their conscience, people who perhaps at one time or another had proximity or relationship to other key people - maybe that's changed over the years," she said.

"We're very hopeful that that information is still out there and that it will come to us one day and it will make the entire case make sense."

Until that time, a little girl sadly remains a face on a missing persons poster.

http://www.tribemagazine.com/board/t...-keepness.html
    Last edited by blighted star; 11-04-2014 at 03:30 PM.

http://t.thestar.com/#/article/news/...ness_case.html

REGINA?The appearance of a crude-looking map on a social media site has Regina police investigating a possible new lead in a missing persons case that captured Canadians? attention more than 10 years ago.

The hand-made drawing posted Monday on Reddit by a user called ?my secret is out? claims to show where the body of Tamra Keepness is located. She was five years old when she disappeared from her home.

The drawing carries a notation that says ?check the wells,? although it?s not immediately clear where the area in question is located.
    Regina police spokeswoman Elizabeth Popowich said authorities are trying to determine whether or not the tip is credible.
    ?We don?t know exactly what it means,? she said, adding that what makes this tip different is that it was posted to a public forum.
    ?Right now everyone is aware of the same information that we have.?
    Her disappearance on July 5, 2004, sparked a massive search involving hundreds of police and volunteers.
    Popowich said police have reached out to the RCMP and the Muscowpetung First Nation, located northeast of Regina, to co-ordinate a response.
    ?We would be hasty if we just simply ruled it out without looking into it,? she said.
    She added that over the years police have received close to 1,700 tips related to the case.
    ?Unfortunately, most of them have been either not been based in any fact, or far-fetched or they?ve just completely come to a dead end,? she said.

Popowich said most people in the province are aware of the girl?s disappearance, which has received widespread media coverage.

?You would be hard-pressed to find anyone who hasn?t got some memory of this case or perhaps even participated in a ground search,? she said.

?There?s a great deal of hope every time there is some sort of tip or information, but at the same time we also have to proceed in a fact-based way.?

A reward for information leading to Keepness?s recovery was raised earlier this year to $50,000.

Original thread where OP now says it's not really his/her map after all (now that the RCMP have been contacted)

http://www.reddit.com/r/regina/comme...eck_the_wells/

The "map"

No parents home when she went missing?

Hmm...sounds like Madeline McCain.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

This was buried in the reddit thread & I think it's getting a few hits at the moment, took me ages to get into it anyway so I copied it in case anyone else has the same drama

http://www.cbc.ca/news2/background/k...mra/night.html

"The Night Tamra Keepness Disappeared"

For weeks, there have been questions about the night five-year-old Tamra Keepness vanished.

The little girl went to bed in her Regina home on July 5th, and was reported missing the next day.

No one has seen her since.

Police say they still don't have a complete picture of what went on in the house that night.

There was nothing unusual about the night of July 5th.

Lorena Keepness and Dean McArthur

Lorena Keepness and Dean McArthur were home with all six children.

"All the family was here. All the family was here in the evening," Dean McArthur remembers.

"We were watching The Gladiator, I think it was the second part," Lorena Keepness says, "I wanted to watch CSI, so I changed the channel. And then, that's when you left, eh?"

That was about 8:30 in the evening. Keepness and McArthur say they had an argument.

McArthur had recently been released from jail, after serving two-thirds of a three-month sentence for beating Keepness in a drunken rage. They both say the argument was nothing serious.

McArthur says he decided to leave and cool down.

Russell Sheepskin

That's when McArthur, a recovering alcoholic and drug user, ran into his roommate Russell Sheepskin.

"Like, I drink," Russell Sheepskin says, "I'm an alcoholic and I'm not afraid to say it. And, like, I bought myself a big beer earlier that day and then I bought another one to come home with and I still had $15 on me.

"A dime bag costs 10 bucks, eh? That's a gram of pot. I seen Dean coming, I recognized him, and he said 'Lori kicked me out again.'

'I said. 'OK man, let's go get a dime. I have enough for a dime and, you know, enough for baby's milk.'"

"While we were drinking, while we were drinking a beer," Dean McArthur says, "I went to the 7-11 to pick up a can of milk for my baby. And then me and Russell came home, and I dropped that can of milk off, and that's when me and Russell went to the bar."

They went to the St. Regis Hotel, about six blocks from the house. Sheepskin says he was so drunk, he can't remember dropping off the milk. But he does recall sitting outside the hotel...

"See, that's where I get lost, eh, 'cause I blacked out." Sheepskin says, "I come to again, uh, we were right across from the Regis sitting at that, uh, there was a picnic table across the way there. And I had two sips of a big beer, Extra Gold, it's a big, strong beer, eh, had two sips of that and then I blacked out again."

While Sheepskin and McArthur were out drinking, Lorena Keepness was at home...

"We just watched TV and then, when Simpsons were over they were kinda dragging around, you know, stalling, stalling to go to bed. And finally I said 'OK guys, bedtime, gimme kiss.'

"And I kissed them all and they went trailing upstairs. And that was about 11 o'clock."

Keepness says Tamra went to bed upstairs with her brothers, aged 10 and three.

Summer Keepness is hugged by her mom Lorena on the steps of their home in Regina, Sask. on Monday July 12, 2004. (CP PHOTO - Troy Fleece)

She left her oldest child, 11-year-old Summer, in charge and then went to a friend's townhouse, about a block away.

Keepness, who also struggles with alcohol and drug addiction, started drinking as well. At one point, she and her friend left the townhouse to get more booze...

"So we jumped in her car and I was gonna stop here and I thought, well, I'll stop on the way back," she says. "We went to the Regis, we picked up a cooler, and we came back.

"And I came inside and I told Summer, 'I'm gonna go to the next block for a bit,' I said. 'I'll give you the phone number.'

"I said, 'Lock the doors. Don't open the doors for anyone. If anything comes up, phone me.'"

Again, six children were left alone in the house, with an 11-year-old girl in charge.

When she got back to her friend's townhouse, Lorena Keepness says she called her daughter and gave her the phone number.

She estimates that was around midnight.

Sometime after that, Russell Sheepskin came home in an alcohol-induced fog.

Apparently, he made himself a meal, although he has no memory of doing it...

"And I come to. I was at home," Sheepskin says. "I don't know where Dean was, eh? I was downstairs. I know I was eating spaghetti. I went upstairs and I went through the hall into the living room, like I turned the light on.

Sheepskin says he checked the children in the living room.

"And the three girls were sleeping there, Tamra was sleeping there, Summer and then Tannis was sleeping on the love seat, eh, 'cause I could see her."

Right after that, Sheepskin says, he went out on the front porch to smoke a cigarette.

The couch where he says Tamra was sleeping is about three metres away, on the other side of a window.

Dean McArthur

Sheepskin says that's when he met Dean McArthur coming up the front steps.

He says McArthur beat him and stomped on him, but he claims the commotion did not wake the children sleeping nearby...

"He said. 'Well, I got two guys over here, I got two buddies over here, you know, if you're still here when I get back we're gonna do you in. We're gonna, you know, we're gonna get you, we're gonna do you in, eh?'"

"And I said 'OK.'

"And, like, he left, he shut the door and I left through the back, I didn't even see if the kids were still there or whatever, eh? I just shut that other door. I know I didn't lock it 'cause I just shut it and I went right through and I went right through the back door."

Sheepskin says after he left the house, he went to the hospital for stitches, and he hasn't been inside the Keepness home since.

Based on his account, all six children were sleeping safely when he left, but the door was unlocked.

According to police, the alleged assault occurred at roughly three in the morning.

Lorena Keepness says she came home shortly after that.

Keepness says the door was locked, and Tamra was not sleeping on the couch.

"I crawled in through the window," she says. "When I was shutting the window after I got in I slammed, I slammed my thumb in the window. That was after three, that was maybe quarter after, 3:30, I'm not, I know, it wasn't, it wasn't getting bright out yet. Summer was on the couch and Tannis was on the armchair. That's how they were when I left. And I was drunk, too, so it was, it's a blur. And I just went to bed, laid on the couch and went to sleep."

Dean McArthur

While this was going on, Dean McArthur claims he was walking the streets...looking for a place to crash...

"I was going, I was going toward my auntie's place. And there, there was a few times I had to stop and I had to rest," he says. "I know I got lost, uh, at least once or twice, I know that 'cause I, like, when I came to at certain times I'd black out and when I came to I'd be at places I didn't even know so I was, I was kinda getting lost.

"And she just recently moved and the first place I went to was her old place and there was nobody there, so I was trying to remember her address. I was really intoxicated and I even had a hard time finding her place and it took me a while to get there. And I got there about 5, 5:30. And that's where, that's where I slept."

McArthur says he slept on the couch, and didn't return home until late the next evening.

Back at the Keepness home, July 6 started like any other morning.

According to Lorena Keepness, her 10-year-old son Raine felt his sister Tamra get up.

"He said he woke up and, or no, he said he felt her get up off the bed. He felt the bed move and she got up and he said he just went to sleep."

Keepness says the boy cannot remember what time that happened.

"I don't know. I asked him 'Was it bright out?' and he said, 'Yes.'"

Around 9 a.m., the children's grandmother, Lois Shepherd, showed up. The front door was left open.

Lorena Keepness was lying on the couch, nursing a hangover.

The older children, Raine and Summer, left shortly before 10 for day camp at a nearby community centre.

A reward poster released at a news conference about missing five-year-old Tamra Keepness in Regina, Tuesday, July 13, 2004. On that day, Regina police confirmed they've officially called off the search for Tamra but promised their investigation would continue. Police posted a $25,000 reward for information on her whereabouts. (CP PHOTO/TROY FLEECE)
    Half an hour later, only Tamra hadn't come down for breakfast...

"The other ones were up and I was waiting for Tamra. We were going to go for a walk. And I told them 'Go wake up your sister.'

"And she said 'She's not there.' I said, 'What do you mean she's not there?' And I got up and I went and looked and she was gone."

The family started checking...friends' and relatives' houses, nearby playgrounds.

Ninety minutes later, they contacted police. A massive search was launched. But nobody found a thing.

It's now seven weeks later, and Tamra Keepness is still missing.

From reading what the people had to say about getting so drunk that they cannot remember this and can recall that, & the so called beat down.

I think they all are involved.

Someone was either caught messing with her and a fight broke out or she had to be gotten rid of either from an accident or deliberate assault from abuse. JMO

I still need to figure out what I just read. Sounds like a bunch of shit for humans if ya ask me.

I just read that the map is real...

Muscopetung and Pasqua are both names of Indian tribes.

Todd Cappo is chief of the Muscopetung tribe.

I don't see how it would be too darn difficult to find this place, there are the names of three people who live
    very close to the 3 wells and one is the tribe chief. I do hope there following up on this, now.

I hope she is brought home where she belongs, soon. Not another 10 years.
    Last edited by u2addict; 01-05-2015 at 04:50 AM. Reason: Edited to add details about the map.

Fibro Fog has taken over. I am in a constant state of dyscognition so please excuse my retardation.
    'The worst things in the world are justified by belief'- Raised by Wolves SOI

"Your life is short, it's the longest thing you'll ever do/ the worse the curse was that your dreams came true/
    God is a mirror in which each man sees himself/ Hell is place where you don't need anyone's help"

~You got to cry with out weeping. Talk without speaking
    Scream without raising your voice~

Thread Information