Thread: Benjamin & Kristi Strack & Their Children Were Found Dead In A Locked Bedroom Surrounded By Cups Of Red Liquid

Benjamin & Kristi Strack & Their Children Were Found Dead In A Locked Bedroom Surrounded By Cups Of Red Liquid

The title will need fixing. The articles all say 3 kids were found with them, but the vid at this link shows 4 kids in a family pic & the second article mentions an 18 yr old son.

http://fox13now.com/2014/10/29/polic...ly-found-dead/

PROVO ? Police found medications and cups filled with a ?red liquid? next to the bodies of five members of a Springville family found in their home.

In court documents obtained by FOX 13 late Wednesday, police reveal details about the deaths while seeking access to computers and information about a ?homicide? involving Benjamin and Kristi Strack and their children.

?Investigators at the scene determined the cause of death to be an accidental or intentional poisoning either by ingestion or environmental causes,? police wrote.

In another warrant affidavit, officers said they found the bodies of Benjamin and Kristi Strack and their children Benson, 14; Emery, 12; and Zion, 11; inside the master bedroom.

?Kristi and Benjamin were lying in the bed and the three children were lying around the bed, covered in bedding up to their necks,? police wrote in an affidavit. ?Officers reported there was a red liquid substance coming from the mouth of Kristi Strack. All the occupants of the home were non-responsive. Next to each of the victims was a cup/drink with a liquid inside.?

Police wrote in a search warrant affidavit that they recovered boxes of cold and flu medication.

?Also in the same closed bag, were two empty boxes of allergy relief medication consistent with generic Benadryl. Approximately five empty blister packs were located for this medication. Among the items located were cups with a red liquid substance in Pepsi cups. Also located withing the residence were empty bottles of liquid Methadone. The Methadone was dispensed to from a drug treatment clinic. Some of the empty bottles had future dates on them,? the search warrant affidavit said.

An officer stated in another affidavit that it is probable the deaths were not accidental, writing: ??with the placement of the bodies, it would

http://m.ksl.com/index/story/sid/321...YbrtlhTeDuA.16

SPRINGVILLE — Investigators believe a family of five in Springville died last month of poisoning.
    Police suspected the family's deaths were "not accidental or natural in any way" from the day they were found in their Springville home, 954 E. 900 South, according newly-released search warrants filed in 4th District Court as part of a homicide investigation.

Benjamin Strack, 37, his wife Kristi Strack, 36, and three of their children, Benson, 14, Emery, 12, and Zion, 11, were discovered dead behind the locked door of the parents' master bedroom on Sept. 27. At the time, Springville police told the media they had no answers as to how the family died, saying there was no signs of carbon monoxide in the home, no trauma suffered and no obvious signs.

What they didn't say then is that detectives immediately suspected the family ingested poison and that at least one family member seemed to have suspected what happened.

"The detectives on scene determined the cause to be an accidental or intentional poisoning either by ingestion or environmental causes," detective Raymond Flores wrote in an affidavit.

The parents' bodies were found in the bed, while the three children were lying "around the bed," covered up to their necks with bedding, according to the affidavits. All five had cups of red liquid near their bodies.

"Furthermore, with the placement of the bodies, it would appear somebody had to position the bodies after they were deceased," detective Jeffery Ellsworth wrote. Family members told investigators the children had their own bedrooms and it was unusual for all of them to be together in their parents' bedroom.

A trash bag at the home was found with 10 opened and empty boxes of a nighttime cold and flu medication and nine empty blister packs for cold and flu medication, according to the warrants. The bag also contained two empty boxes for allergy relief medication.

Police also removed a bag of marijuana, cellphones, a laptop, wallets, a towel with a red substance on it, a pitcher of red juice, pill bottles and medications from the Strack house. Empty bottles of liquid Methadone were also found.

The family was found by Kristi Strack's 18-year-old son, Janson McGee, and his girlfriend, who had contacted Kristi Strack's mother, Valerie Sudweeks, and her friend, to help them enter the locked bedroom.

According to the warrants, McGee's girlfriend, who also lived at the home, spoke with Kristi Strack at 6 a.m. that Saturday, and then went back to bed. McGee and his girlfriend woke up around noon and, finding the house quiet, went to a friend's home believing the family had left.

When they returned about 7 p.m., they found the home quiet although all the family cars were still at the house. Knocks and calls to the master bedroom door went unanswered.

When firefighters arrived, they warned Sudweeks there may be a carbon monoxide leak in the home.

"Valerie replied, stating there was no carbon monoxide leak, and that she knew her family. Valerie also said she couldn't believe 'she' would do this to the kids," one of the affidavits states. "Officers tried to clarify Valerie's statement, but she only assured them it wasn't a carbon monoxide leak."

Officers had to physically remove the mother and grandmother because of her emotional state.

Neither Springville police nor family members responded to calls for comment Wednesday. However, a man named Jake Strack posted a message on the Strack family's memorial Facebook page offering an exclusive interview for media willing to donate to the family's Go Fund Me account. Professional journalism ethics preclude reporters from paying for interviews.

At a vigil prior to the family's funeral earlier this month, friends and neighbors recalled the easy, sincere friendships they shared with the Stracks, whom they described as loving and kind.

Isaac Strack, Benjamin's older brother, asked the crowd at the event to be patient as they waited for answers surrounding the deaths. Toxicology tests have yet to be completed.

"We understand that there is healing that comes with those answers," Isaac Strack said at the time. "We're confident those answers will come. … We all have to be patient and wait until those answers come, and even when they do come, we won't know everything

I think mom and dad killed the kids by poisoning them- then they committed suicide the same way.

They probably mixed the methadone liquid in some red Koolaid along with all those other pills. The kids died, then the mom and dad rearranged their bodies around the bed- then they drank the mixture.

Both these parents had a pretty good rap sheet. They liked other people's stuff.
    http://utahsright.com/charges.php?fi...track&search=1

Damn it. It's people like these that give Koolaid such a bad rap.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    What a gorgeous family

Someone ACTUALLY drank the koolaid. That's crazy. Literally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    I think mom and dad killed the kids by poisoning them- then they committed suicide the same way.
    I'm looking sideways at the older son and/or his gf.

I always suspect the survivors, and why wouldn't a family annihilator take them out too?
    "Valerie replied, stating there was no carbon monoxide leak, and that she knew her family. Valerie also said she couldn't believe 'she' would do this to the kids," one of the affidavits states. "Officers tried to clarify Valerie's statement, but she only assured them it wasn't a carbon monoxide leak."
    Of course this makes it sound like grandma thinks Mom did it... so :???:
    Last edited by puzzld; 10-30-2014 at 06:32 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Last edited by moosella; 10-30-2014 at 07:52 AM.

Senior Member UncomfortablyNumb's Avatar
    Just reading the title I was thinking it sounded cultish. But after reading...it sounds like the parents were behind it and that is so sad. I always have to wonder why.
    She transitioned from a stupid asshole to a dumb bitch.

Where they don't have maps.......such as..
    The oldest was legally an adult (and by a different dad I'm assuming) which I guess is why they didn't push the sleepy juice on him. Plus his gf was there spending the night I guess?
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star
    I was about to be annoyed that this thread was still active, but I see now it's morphed into offers of sex for chilli confectionary, so carry on guys :)

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Quote Originally Posted by UncomfortablyNumb View Post
    Just reading the title I was thinking it sounded cultish. But after reading...it sounds like the parents were behind it and that is so sad. I always have to wonder why.
    Exactly. You can get little kids to do what you want them to do, even some of the more impressionable "older" kids. Not a guy who lives with his gf in the same house, though...so I'm pretty sure they kept that shit all hush hush.

Quote Originally Posted by SuchAClassicGirl View Post
    The oldest was legally an adult (and by a different dad I'm assuming) which I guess is why they didn't push the sleepy juice on him. Plus his gf was there spending the night I guess?
    She lived there too.

But yeah, first thing I thought of was C U L T and C R A Z Y. Do it to yourselves, don't drag your fucking kids into your fucked up stupid nightmares!!
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

Relatives of a family of five found dead last month in the upstairs bedroom of their Springville, Utah, home, tell PEOPLE exclusively that they believe Benjamin and Kristi Strack took their own lives and the lives of their three children because the couple suffered from long-term mental illness and substance-abuse disorders.

The Stracks were found dead by an older son, Janson McGee, with cups of red liquid next to their bodies, on Sept. 27. The children ? Benson, 14, Emery, 12, and Zion, 11 ? were found lying on and around the bed, covered with blankets up to their necks, with empty bottles of liquid methadone and boxes of cold and flu medication nearby.

Investigators have determined the cause of death to be accidental or intentional poisoning (autopsy results won't be released until the end of November), but Benjamin Strack's brother says the deaths were no accident.

Isaac Strack, 39, says family members cleaning out the Stracks' home a few days after the grim discovery found a notebook with a letter inside, written by Benson Strack to one of his best friends. "It was pretty clear that it was a goodbye letter," says Strack. "It indicated that Benson was aware that something was going to happen. Benson at least had some idea that he might be found dead someday."

He and other distraught family members say that looking back, they now realize that Benjamin, 37, and Kristi, 36, were showing signs of mental illness, especially in the weeks before their deaths. "They had isolated themselves from neighbors and some of the family," he says, "and it had been awhile since Ben had been to work."

Isaac and another relative, Bob McGee, Janson's uncle, say that Benjamin and Kristi Strack were also exhibiting "irrational fear," afraid that something or someone was going to harm them.

"Their mental illness combined with substance-abuse disorder is what led to this tragedy," says Isaac. "Some of the changed behaviors before their deaths seemed out of place and didn't make sense at the time. But looking back now, they make sense. And now we want to speak out to prevent other people from having to endure what we are enduring."

Extended family members believe that the couple were "victims of their minds," says McGee, with their mental illness caused and made worse by drug use. "This one action does not define the Ben and Kristi that we remember," he says. "They were caught in a vicious cycle that many people face in this world. There needs to be a greater sense of dialogue and urgency in our country regarding mental illness. It is simply a disease of the mind, and like any disease, we should work to cure it and prevent it."

Lt. David Caron of the Springville Police Department told PEOPLE that while he appreciates the family members' concerns for people suffering from mental illness, it would be inappropriate to make any comment concerning the case.

"Our contacts with the family were fairly limited in scope," he said. "Therefore I would defer to the family members who both knew and loved Ben and Kristi, and who are grappling with the sorrow caused by this tragic event." http://www.people.com/article/utah-f...suicide-poison

Liquid methadone is not the best tasting on its own. That maybe the reason for koolaid. This makes me sick.

Godspeed 3 little angels......

Benjamin & Kristi, rot in hell for all eternity you evil mutherfuckers!

Fibro Fog has taken over. I am in a constant state of dyscognition so please excuse my retardation.
    'The worst things in the world are justified by belief'- Raised by Wolves SOI

"Your life is short, it's the longest thing you'll ever do/ the worse the curse was that your dreams came true/
    God is a mirror in which each man sees himself/ Hell is place where you don't need anyone's help"

~You got to cry with out weeping. Talk without speaking
    Scream without raising your voice~

Quote Originally Posted by u2addict View Post
    Liquid methadone is not the best tasting on its own. That maybe the reason for koolaid. This makes me sick.

Godspeed 3 little angels......

Benjamin & Kristi, rot in hell for all eternity you evil mutherfuckers!
    From what I understand, Dr prescribes it?? I'm a little confused on this one. If they are drug addicts..and they are taking methadone- why in the fuck were they allowed to keep their kids? If the family is now saying the parents were mental- why the hell didn't they do something?
    Methadone is to be taken by mouth only. It must not be injected. Methadone is a synthetic narcotic. Patients who are physically dependent on narcotics may have withdrawal symptoms if given the usual dose of a narcotic antagonist (e.g., naloxone, naltrexone). If a narcotic antagonist must be given, the dose must be smaller than the usual dose and it must be given with extreme care. Withdrawal symptoms may also be caused by using certain narcotics (partial agonist/antagonists such as pentazocine, butorphanol, nalbuphine) after using methadone. Tell your doctor immediately if you develop symptoms such as anxiety, agitation, and diarrhea.

USES: This is used for narcotic addiction or for severe pain. Methadone is a potent narcotic substance. It can cause serious side effects and toxic reactions if used by someone other than the person for whom it is prescribed. Do not share this medication with others.Take this medication only by mouth. To prevent upset stomach, take with food or milk. Take this as prescribed. Do not increase your dose, take it more frequently or use it for a longer period of time without your doctor's approval. Also, if used for a long period of time at high doses, do not suddenly stop taking this without first consulting your doctor. When used for extended periods, this medication may not work as well and may require different dosing. Consult your doctor if the medication isn't working properly.
    http://www.medicinenet.com/methadone...al/article.htm

Measure liquid medicine with the dosing syringe provided, or with a special dose-measuring spoon or medicine cup. If you do not have a dose-measuring device, ask your pharmacist for one.

Dissolve the dispersible tablet in at least 4 ounces of water, orange juice, or other citrus-flavored non-alcoholic beverage. Allow the tablet to disperse in the liquid. The tablet will not dissolve completely. Drink this mixture right away. To get the entire dose, add a little more water to the same glass, swirl gently and drink right away.
    http://www.drugs.com/methadone.html

Liquid done is given at clinics. Once you establish yourself you can take a month supply home but that takes a while.

I know from experience you go every morning, the earlier the better and take your daily dose and Saturday you get to take your Sunday dose home. They open very early,
    and close early.

The same schedule starts back up every Monday till you pass random urine drops. Once trusted you get your supply or RX to take at home, they are very
    regulated and strict, there dealing with junkies so.....

Also, you have regular counseling while under there care.
    Methadone is very dangerous, mainly due to it's long half life. If you don't have tolerance or much of one I would not suggest using it to get high.

As for myself, I can take a bunch but I have a huge tolerance, and that's not a good thing at all. I am at the stage now where I may have to take my Hydromorphone via needle in the muscle just to get the pain relief I need.

I started going to a local Methadone clinic about 2 years ago because I ran out of my Opana almost 2 weeks early. I thought I was going to die so, I lied and told them
    I got if off the streets because they will not take pain patients. I had no choice and after my first 35mg dose I was starting to feel better after about 3 hours. I went up to the cutoff of 50mg.
    I went for a week and never went back. Methadone like all opiates is the debil, but done withdrawal is the worst of them all. If I ever have to stop taking
    my pain meds I'll go the Suboxone route.

Fibro Fog has taken over. I am in a constant state of dyscognition so please excuse my retardation.
    'The worst things in the world are justified by belief'- Raised by Wolves SOI

"Your life is short, it's the longest thing you'll ever do/ the worse the curse was that your dreams came true/
    God is a mirror in which each man sees himself/ Hell is place where you don't need anyone's help"

~You got to cry with out weeping. Talk without speaking
    Scream without raising your voice~

I've had it prescribed for pain relief in place of morphine before I had my 13th, 14th & 15th surgeries because it has less of an effect than most opiates ie you don't get wasted on the stuff - which is why they use it for heroin addicts. It takes the edge of their withdrawals but gives none of the high.

Almost any drug can kill you if fuck up & take too much - accidentally or otherwise. It sounds like these guys were on a program and still using other shit as well & that's when things really turn nasty. Those kids should've been out of there. It sucks so much that their 14 yr old was worried something bad was coming & didn't feel there was anyone he could go to for help.

Him knowing, for weeks or months beforehand makes it so much worse.

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    I've had it prescribed for pain relief in place of morphine before I had my 13th, 14th & 15th surgeries because it has less of an effect than most opiates ie you don't get wasted on the stuff - which is why they use it for heroin addicts. It takes the edge of their withdrawals but gives none of the high.

Almost any drug can kill you if fuck up & take too much - accidentally or otherwise. It sounds like these guys were on a program and still using other shit as well & that's when things really turn nasty. Those kids should've been out of there. It sucks so much that their 14 yr old was worried something bad was coming & didn't feel there was anyone he could go to for help.

Him knowing, for weeks or months beforehand makes it so much worse.
    That makes me wonder if the parents were doing something like the "Jim Jones" brainwashing of the kids.

That or the cold & flu packets used to contain capsules or something similar & they injected methadone into them so the kids didn't know what they were really taking.

I think you're right though, the way they were all gathered in one room really makes it look like the kids must've known something was up - the eldest were too old not too.

Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    From what I understand, Dr prescribes it?? I'm a little confused on this one. If they are drug addicts..and they are taking methadone- why in the fuck were they allowed to keep their kids? If the family is now saying the parents were mental- why the hell didn't they do something?
    http://www.medicinenet.com/methadone...al/article.htm

http://www.drugs.com/methadone.html
    I know someone who is prescribed methadone for sever pain, and if that's why they were prescribed it, they shouldn't have gotten their kids taken away for that reason.

I was wondering, the oldest (that died) was 14. isn't that old enough to know something is up when everyone is given this weird concoction? Especially after I read that they found things he had written that he knew something weird was going on and that he had a feeling he would die soon. Why would he drink it? Makes me wonder if he tried to refuse and they found a way to make/convince him to take it.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

I know someone who is prescribed methadone for sever pain, and if that's why they were prescribed it, they shouldn't have gotten their kids taken away for that reason.

I was wondering, the oldest (that died) was 14. isn't that old enough to know something is up when everyone is given this weird concoction? Especially after I read that they found things he had written that he knew something weird was going on and that he had a feeling he would die soon. Why would he drink it? Makes me wonder if he tried to refuse and they found a way to make/convince him to take it.
    The thought makes me sad. He knew that something was going to happen. Maybe he didn't have to be convinced. Maybe he was just as brainwashed by whatever was going on with them. This one is so weird to me for some reason and I keep wanting to go back to cult...religious cult? I don't know. Something is weird...other than mental illness.

I could be WAY off of course. Just speculation and my crazy mind ramblings.

Medical examiners have ruled that a family of five found dead in their Utah home all died from poisoning, likely because the parents were concerned about a ?pending apocalypse.?

Parents Benjamin and Kristi Strack died from self-inflicted poisoning, according to a report by KSTU which cited authorities and documents released on Tuesday.

The deaths of the youngest two children were ruled homicides. The 14-year-old?s death was ruled undetermined.

The Strack?s 18-year-old son found all five bodies in the parents? bedroom on Sept. 27. The parents and the 14-year-old were found in the bed while the other two children were found on mattresses next to the bed, according to the Springville Police Chief J. Scott Finlayson.

Police said they found medications and cups filled with a ?red liquid? next to the bodies. Multiple boxes of cold and flu medication were recovered at the home.
    Methadone was also found inside the home.

According to officials, friends and family said the parents were concerned with the ?evil in world,? a ?pending apocalypse? and wanted to escape the ?impending doom.? Friends interpreted the statements to suggest the family would possibly move somewhere to live ?off the grid.?

Officials recovered a letter written by the 14-year-old that revealed he knew he was going to die and his intention to leave his possessions to a friend.

In an affidavit, an officer said it is likely the deaths were not accidental, and stated ??with the placement of the bodies, it would appear somebody had to position the bodies after they were deceased.?
    http://fox8.com/2015/01/27/autopsy-r...ng-apocalypse/
    Last edited by puzzld; 01-27-2015 at 06:58 PM.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

holy heaven's gate, batman!
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Mr Strack had high levels of heroin in his system, while his wife had methadone, dextrorphan, diphenhydramine and doxylamine in her system, and both deaths were ruled as suicides.
    All three children died from diphenhydramine and methadone; the two youngest children's deaths were ruled homicides, but the chief said Benson's manner of death 'could not be determined'.
    But authorities believe he had been the last to die because he was on top of the bed, while his parents and siblings were under covers.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz3Q79RxrxW
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Just when I thought this shit couldn't possibly get any weirder.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/u...derer-28570193

APNewsBreak: Killer Says His Ideas Influenced Family Suicide

Image via 4.bp.blogspot.com

A Utah man serving life prison sentence for a double murder he believes was directed by God says his ideas likely influenced a couple's decision to fatally overdose along with their children.

Dan Lafferty told the Associated Press on Thursday that he sees himself as the prophet Elijah and the world as hell, a philosophy that played into the September deaths of Benjamin and Kristi Strack.

Lafferty's 1984 slayings of his sister-in-law, Brenda Lafferty, and her 15-month old daughter were chronicled in the 2003 Jon Krakauer book "Under the Banner of Heaven."

The 66-year-old Lafferty says he first became close to the couple about 10 years ago, after Kristi Strack had a dream about him while she was reading the book. She reached out to him, and eventually Kristi and Benjamin Strack became almost weekly visitors to the Utah State Prison.

Lafferty says he and Kristi Strack fell in love, something her husband was aware of and didn't mind. At one point, Lafferty cut off his waist-length hair and beard at her request and sent them to the family.

The friendship tapered off after the couple pleaded guilty to criminal charges including forgery and drug possession in 2008, which ended their prison visiting privileges.

They exchanged letters afterward, but Lafferty said Kristi Strack didn't believe he was Elijah, and when he persisted she quit answering his letters.

Lafferty says he hadn't talked to the couple for years and didn't know of their plans or mindset.

"I'll miss them, but I'm happy for them," he said. "I believe they're in paradise now."

Lafferty, who is polite and friendly in conversation, has a self-devised philosophy that he refers to as his insanity; though he says he's not crazy.

"My 'insanity' messes with people's lives," he said. "It's just the way it is."
    NOTE: Click (here) if you're interested in reading more about this guy. The book is available on Amazon.
    Last edited by PeaceBeWithMe; 01-29-2015 at 01:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

So is it safer to meet a mate online, or through the prison system?

Holy shit. What a bag of weird.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    He's a Charles Manson wannabe. That's obvious.
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Thread Information