Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Ryan Champion Murdered Lindsey, Joy, & Emily Champion and Vito Riservato and tried to blame Vito

Maybe Ryan did hire Vito but in the end Vito couldn't go through with it so Ryan just took everyone out?

On a side note I really wish the fake sister/friend would learn to spell! I usually don't bother with spelling errors but omg hers are horrible... I want to kidnap her and force her to go to school!

LOUISVILLE, Ky. - A Kentucky man accused in the slayings of his parents and sister who then told a tale of "turning the tables" on the killer actually was in cahoots with the person and is charged with murdering him, authorities say.

Ryan Champion, 36, was indicted in Trigg County Wednesday on the murder count, three counts of complicity to commit murder and complicity to commit kidnapping.

Along with Ryan Champion's family members, the body of 22-year-old Vito Riservato was found last month at the family's home in Cadiz, which is about 80 miles northwest of Nashville, Tenn., in western Kentucky. All four died of gunshot wounds.

Commonwealth's Attorney G.L. Ovey said authorities believe Champion enlisted Riservato as a hitman, then killed him.
    Ovey, the top prosecutor in Trigg County, said it started out as a murder-for-hire scheme, but "it didn't end up that way."

"In a murder for hire, he would've got paid, but ... he was murdered," Ovey said. Ovey said he will seek the death penalty for Champion.

Ovey would not speculate on what Ryan Champion's motives were in the deaths of his parents, Lindsey and Joy Champion and his 31-year-old sister, Emily Champion, who was a veterinarian working in Louisiana. Joy Champion taught for 30 years at schools in Trigg County.

Riservato was reported to be the lone perpetrator in the slayings until Champion was arrested Oct. 31. Before that, Champion appeared on CBS affiliate WTVF saying Riservato was responsible for the attack. He told the station Riservato, who he described as "a new person to all of us," tied him and his sister up and held them at gunpoint. Champion said his parents returned home during the attack, and that he was the sole survivor.

He posted updates on Facebook after the slayings, saying he had survived and was recuperating. Champion later posted that he was in need of money and looking for odd jobs to pay for bills and gas after the tragedy.

Emily Champion was in Cadiz for a short visit, and the kidnapping charge against Ryan Champion pertains to her. Ovey said she was restrained by duct tape during the attack.

Ann Plotkin, a long-time friend of Champion who says she introduced him to Riservato in the weeks before the fatal shootings, told 48 Hours' Crimesider last week that she believes Champion is innocent.

"Anybody who knows Ryan, any of his close friends, knows he's not capable of doing this," Plotkin said.

Champion is due back in court for an arraignment on Dec. 10. He is being held in the Christian County Jail on a $5 million bond.http://www.cbsnews.com/news/prosecut...mily-killings/

----------------------------------

Late last week, Champion was advised by his attorneys not to speak to the media, but Wednesday afternoon, he signed an affidavit acknowledging he was talking to a reporter of his own free will.

He spoke to WKDZ/WHVO Radio at length about a number of issues, including missing his family's funeral, support from his friends and what he hopes will happen next.

Champion would not discuss the details of what happened, but in an exclusive jail house interview, he told News Edge reporter Travis Faulkner that things are looking up in his case.

"Their evidence is not as strong as they led everyone to believe," Champion said.

He went on to say, "This is a good time to celebrate. This is the first chink in their armor."

Champion was arrested on Friday, Oct. 31, the day before his family's funeral.

"I can say the officers' decision to arrest me on Friday caused me to miss out on a time with my family that I truly needed to have," Champion said. "I'll never get that back. I'll never have that time, ever."

Champion said he has great confidence in the public defender assigned to him and that the charges against him were amended.

Friday, commonwealth attorney G.L. Ovey responded, saying that's not true. Champion's charges have not been downgraded, and the penalty is the same as in the indictments.

The last time Channel 4 talked with Champion was after his mother, father and sister were found shot to death in their Cadiz, KY, home last month, along with the body of Vito Riservato.

Champion claimed to be the lone survivor.

Several days later, he was arrested and charged with four counts of murder and one count of kidnapping.

Champion will likely stay at the Christian County jail until his trial if a reasonable bond isn't posted. His bond is currently set at $5 million.

"I really look forward to a time when I can get out of here, but I'm really looking forward to, either way, leaving all of this behind me and trying to dig back up a normal life and grieve for my family in a way that I have not yet been allowed to," he said.

Champion is due back in court for an arraignment on Dec. 10.

Read more: http://www.wsmv.com/story/27387056/r...#ixzz3J8F6K72e
    Last edited by bermstalker; 11-15-2014 at 01:32 AM.

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    Thanks Berm! He's so guilty. I don't believe that Vito Riservato planned on committing murder. If he did, he chickened out and was killed as a result.

Quote Originally Posted by Queena View Post
    Thanks Berm! He's so guilty. I don't believe that Vito Riservato planned on committing murder. If he did, he chickened out and was killed as a result.
    oh, i totally think he did do it. he told people that someone asked him to do it and then he went to the place. i think ryan let him do it and then killed him. i mean, it's easy to tell with gunshot residue, right? either vito has it or he doesn't. it would be a stupid plot of ryan to kill everybody and vito then blame it on him if ryan is the only one with residue.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Senior Member UncomfortablyNumb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    oh, i totally think he did do it. he told people that someone asked him to do it and then he went to the place. i think ryan let him do it and then killed him. i mean, it's easy to tell with gunshot residue, right? either vito has it or he doesn't. it would be a stupid plot of ryan to kill everybody and vito then blame it on him if ryan is the only one with residue.
    This is how I think it went down as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    She transitioned from a stupid asshole to a dumb bitch.

It is looking like Vito was involved in this whole scheme.

I am very interested in seeing what other evidence comes out.

LOUISVILLE, Ky. -- A Kentucky man charged with orchestrating the slayings of his parents, sister and an acquaintance who was enlisted to kill the family has avoided the death penalty by pleading guilty Thursday to four counts of murder.

The agreement calls for Ryan Champion, 38, to be sent to prison for life without the possibility of parole.

Prior to his arrest In the days after the October 2014 killings in western Kentucky’s Trigg County, Champion appeared on CBS affiliate WTVF and pinned the crime on 22-year-old Vito Riservato, saying Riservato tied up him and his sister and held them at gunpoint. Champion said his parents returned home during the attack and that he was the sole survivor.

Champion said he survived because he “turned the tables” and fatally shot Riservato.

Prosecutors have said the investigation revealed it to be a murder-for-hire scheme with a twist: Champion sought Riservato’s help in carrying out the slayings, and then Riservato was also killed. Champion was arrested about five days after the slayings.

“It was an awful case. There’s nothing good that can be said about this case or the facts of it,” said Commonwealth’s Attorney Carrie Ovey-Wiggins. She said the remaining family members sought “closure and certainty” with the plea agreement.

Ovey-Wiggins declined Thursday to comment on the details of the case before Champion’s sentencing Jan. 27. She said she could have secured a death sentence for Champion, but the family did not want to endure the years of appeals associated with execution cases.

In Champion’s own account to media, he said he was at the home with his parents, Lindsey and Joy Champion, and sister Emily when Riservato entered the home and started shooting. He said at the time he had only met Riservato once before the shooting.

Champion posted updates on Facebook, saying he had survived and was recuperating, with later updates saying he was in need of money and seeking odd jobs.
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/ryan-cha...death-penalty/

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    I don't know how I missed the his sentencing. Thanks for posting the update Bermstalker.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Looks like a birthmark to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetleftpeg View Post
    I thought that, but it's not like any one I've seen before. You're probably right though. Although, on one of his pictures someone cut to the chase and asked 'Did some buss your head?' which tickled me.
    When I looked at Vito?s photos, I immediately said: I know what that is! Vito probably had a birthmark called a congenital nevus. They range in color and darkness. I only know this because in Asia (where the condition is more common), children born with a congenital nevus that is large, black, and on the face are likely put up for adoption. http://www.rainbowkids.com/special-n...ongenital-nevi

I remember seeing something about this case on TV. I think differently about this case after seeing Vito?s Facebook page, where he has posted about his son and reading more about Ryan?s lies, drug use, and lack of remorse. I still am asking Why? A horrible tragedy for so many people.

Thanks everyone for making this case so easy to follow by putting the relevant and updated information all here.

Quote Originally Posted by Queena View Post
    I don't know how I missed the his sentencing. Thanks for posting the update Bermstalker.
    You're welcome. Glad to see you back Queena.

It seems this trick was arrest in connection with these murders also.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/cops-wom...t-left-4-dead/

HOPKINSVILLE, Ky. - A western Kentucky woman who is a longtime friend of a man accused of killing four people - including his parents and sister - has been indicted in connection with the killings.

Ann Plotkin, 41, of Hopkinsville was arrested Wednesday after a grand jury indicted her on charges of complicity to commit capital murder and resisting arrest.

Plotkin spoke to 48 Hours' Crimesider in the days after last year's Oct. 26 murders and the subsequent Oct. 31 arrest of her friend, Ryan Champion.

lonesurvivor1014.jpg
    Ryan Champion during an interview with CBS affiliate WTVF CBS AFFILIATE WTVF
    Champion, 36, has pleaded not guilty to murder, complicity to murder and complicity to kidnapping in the deaths of his parents, sister and a 22-year-old man, Vito Riservato. Prosecutors have said they believe Champion enlisted help from Riservato in killing his family in the family's Cadiz home and then killed Riservato.

In the days after the killings, prior to his arrest, Champion appeared on CBS affiliate WTVF and pinned the crime on Riservato, saying Riservato tied up him and his sister and held them at gunpoint. Champion said his parents returned home during the attack and that he was the sole survivor.

The indictment issued against Plotkin Wednesday alleges she "did aid, counsel or attempt to aid" Champion and Riservato "in planning or committing" the shooting deaths of Champion's father, 62-year-old Boyd Champion; his mother, 60-year-old Joy Champion; and his 31-year-old sister, Emily Champion.

In a Nov. 5 interview with 48 Hours' Crimesider, Plotkin called the accusations against Ryan Champion, whom she referred to as her best friend, "complete and total B.S."

Instead, she pointed the finger at Riservato, whom she described as a violent, mentally ill ex-boyfriend of her daughter. She said she introduced Riservato to Ryan Champion in the weeks before the killings, and that Champion ended up hiring Riservato to work with him on a tiling job since Riservato was in need of money.

"That was just the way Ryan was. If he knew it would benefit you, he would give you his shirt off his back," Plotkin said.

championfamily1.jpg
    Emily Champion (left) her parents, Joy and Boyd Champion CBS AFFILIATE WTVF
    She said Ryan Champion later introduced Riservato to his family and that Riservato became "obsessed" with Champion's sister, Emily. Plotkin said Champion ended up firing Riservato before the tiling job was completed because Riservato was "talking crazy."

Plotkin went on to say that when she later heard about the murders on TV, her "jaw hit the floor." She said she immediately thought that Riservato was responsible for the killings and that Ryan Champion shot and killed Riservato in self-defense.

Plotkin told Crimesider she tried to relay this information to police, but they didn't listen.

Trooper Jay Thomas with the Kentucky State Police wouldn't comment on specific evidence tying Plotkin to the crime, but said authorities conducted numerous interviews and executed several social media search warrants as part of their investigation.

"[Plotkin] was interviewed early on in our investigation and as we sifted through some of our evidence, we were able to implicate her in the murders," Thomas said.

The trooper went on to say that while authorities don't believe Plotkin was in the Cadiz, Ky., home when the killings took place, they do believe she had knowledge of the crime and failed to report it. He said the charges Plotkin face carry the same penalty as if she had pulled the trigger.

Authorities will not comment on a potential motive in the case.

Plotkin is scheduled to be arraigned Friday.

Thread Information