Thread: Taylor Almond (16) was found dead at the base of a cliff almost a month after she went missing

Taylor Almond (16) was found dead at the base of a cliff almost a month after she went missing

Police hold grave concerns for a teenage girl who has been missing for more than a week.

Taylor Almond, 16, was last seen at her Dudley home, a southern coastal suburb of Newcastle in New South Wales, at about 1.00pm on Sunday October 12.

Police from Lake Macquarie Local Area Command have revealed new information on her possible whereabouts.

Over the last week, police have received information that supposedly links Miss Almond to the Kotara, Adamstown area and Newcastle Beach areas in New South Wales.

'Further information shows she may now be as far as the Kempsey area', revealed in a statement from New South Wales Police.

Police say the teenager was last seen wearing a white sleeveless shirt and blue denim shorts.

Miss Almond is of Caucasian appearance, about 160 to 170-centimetres tall with a slim build, long blonde hair and blue eyes.

Police fear for the teenagers safety, as Miss Almond's family claim her disappearance is completely out of character.

Anyone who has seen Miss Almond or may know her whereabouts are urged to call triple zero (000) immediately.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz3GjvmAWgY

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2014...e_went_missing

I've been watching this one on police fb. Mid north coast Local Area Command again. Their missing persons unit's pretty busy at the moment.

ETA guess I should make this post slightly useful

Her missing post on NSW Police Twitter
    https://mobile.twitter.com/nswpolice...36559269969920

& she has at least 2 threads on NSW Police fb. A teenage girl posted last night claiming she was in Hamilton & was told to call it in but obviously nothing's come of it yet

Official NSW Police site

http://www.police.nsw.gov.au/news/la...ZhbGw9MQ%3D%3D

Main NSWPol fb

Latest thread
    https://m.facebook.com/nswpoliceforc...52522779556185

Older thread

https://m.facebook.com/nswpoliceforc...pe=1&source=42

There are a few locals who know her posting in each
    Last edited by blighted star; 10-20-2014 at 07:25 PM.

Looks like kids are still saying they've seen he

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/26...-well/?cs=4173

LAKE Macquarie police are pleading with a missing 16-year-old girl to make contact to ensure she is safe.

The Dudley teenager was last seen at her home address on October 12, and Lake Macquarie police have been searching for her since.

It is believed Taylor may have been in the Kotara or Adamstown areas during the week, and may also have been at Newcastle beach.

Police and Taylor’s family hold concerns for her safety due to her age and because the behaviour is out of character.

Lake Macquarie Local Area Commander?Detective Superintendent Brett Greentree said information received so far suggests Taylor is safe and well.

“Even though we think Taylor is okay, it is crucial that she makes contact with us or her family," Detective Inspector Greentree said.

“A significant amount of local police time and resources has gone into finding Taylor."

Taylor is described as being of Caucasian appearance, about 160cm to 170cm tall with a slim build, long blonde hair and blue eyes.?

She was last seen wearing a white sleeveless shirt and blue denim shorts.

Police are encouraging anyone who may know her whereabouts, or who may have seen the young girl to call Triple Zero (000) immediately.

Looks like she was dead the whole time

POLICE investigating the disappearance of Dudley teenager Taylor Almond have found a body in the Awabakal Nature Reserve.

Detectives are awaiting formal identification of the body at an autopsy, which is due to be conducted on Friday.

Shit. I hope it's not her : (

& if it is fuck all those kids who kept saying they saw her.

Sorry about the lack of link above but my iphone won't let me paste links anymore

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/body-found...06-11i3l3.html

On the australian missing persons register, someone was commenting saying that all the kids at her school have been told it's her and that it was suicide.

The article's weird because they don't say it's her & then the final paragraph quotes police saying they believe she's ok & she should make contact - it's hard to tell if they included it as a current statement or to show police were wrong all along.

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    Looks like she was dead the whole time

POLICE investigating the disappearance of Dudley teenager Taylor Almond have found a body in the Awabakal Nature Reserve.

Detectives are awaiting formal identification of the body at an autopsy, which is due to be conducted on Friday.
    The above is also only a few kilometers from her home, apparently.

Sad. Even sadder if this is suicide, as she is just a beautiful, beautiful child.

My heart breaks for her family.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBeWithMe View Post
    The above is also only a few kilometers from her home, apparently.

Sad. Even sadder if this is suicide, as she is just a beautiful, beautiful child.

My heart breaks for her family.
    Did you use the wrong emoticon? I did the same thing once, used the cheesy one when I meant to use the sad/crying one...LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    Did you use the wrong emoticon? I did the same thing once, used the cheesy one when I meant to use the sad/crying one...LOL.
    Um, I did.

Actually, I mighta had cheese in my eye when that happened.

So, there's that.

Not necessarily a suicide. I hope they find the source of the "I saw her" rumours, because they stopped people thinking it was serious. Now all of a sudden there are suicide rumours. If she was just found over a cliff there's no way anyone can say suicide yet. Police search teams found her, not teenage hikers so it's not like there are any witnesses blurting out real details. Maybe she fell, maybe someone was with her.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/new...-1227115267949

FOR weeks police believed Taylor Almond was a runaway — only to discover a body, thought to be that of the *missing 16-year-old at the bottom of a cliff this week.

The popular schoolgirl disappeared from her Dudley home, south of Newcastle, on October 12. But police received several reported sightings as far north as Kempsey in the days after she vanished. Two weeks after police said they believed the teenager was “safe and well”, the remains were found in a national park minutes from Taylor’s home on Wednesday.

The body was too badly *decomposed to be formally identified but nail polish is among the identifying factors that have led police to believe it is the missing teenager.

In statements last month, police appealed for Taylor to contact her family or officers at Lake Macquarie, saying they had received information to suggest she was safe and well.

After extensively searching the areas where she had reportedly been sighted, police *returned to Dudley to scour dense bushland at Awabakal Reserve, just a few kilometres from Taylor’s house.

Awabakal Reserve near the coastal town of Dudley, south of Newcastle, where a body was recovered at the base of a cliff on Wednesday. Picture: Tim J Keegan / Flickr

It is thought the body found in the Awabakal Reserve is that of missing teenager Taylor Almond. Picture: WoollyMittens / GooglePlus

On Wednesday, police rescue crews abseiled down a cliff face and recovered the badly decomposed remains after *noticing an unusual smell.

Police are not treating the death as suspicious.

“The remains are yet to be formally identified and due to the state of decomposition this is expected to take some time,” a police spokesman said yesterday. An autopsy is expected to be carried out today

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Poor girl. Wonder what was so bad she could have killed herself over (if, in fact, that is what actually happened)?

Rest in Peace, young lady. I hope your soul has freed itself from any demons that may have haunted you in your short life.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

Did she go missing when it was dark out? Is it possible she didn't see the edge and fell by accident?

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    Did she go missing when it was dark out? Is it possible she didn't see the edge and fell by accident?

The first article says she went missing around 1pm, so still daytime.

Thread Information