Thread: Teen raped by man met on MySpace

Teen raped by man met on MySpace

Police: Teen raped by man met on MySpace

A 13-year-old West Islip girl climbed out of her bathroom window and into the Jeep of a 20-year-old man she met on MySpace. He took her to his Bayport home and raped her, police said Tuesday.

It was the end result of an online relationship that the girl's parents knew nothing about, even though police say her father did "everything in his power" to monitor her activity on the Internet. "He was doing what any good parent would do," Det. Sgt. Thomas Groneman of Suffolk's Third Squad said Tuesday afternoon.

Despite those efforts, the girl managed to get regular access to a laptop computer in her home. For six weeks, she communicated with Zachary Rapoza, 20, of 27 Barrett Ave., a boiler repairman who was due to be sworn in to the Bayport Fire Department this week, said his attorney, Steven Politi of Central Islip. Bayport Fire Department Chief John D'Amico disputed that, saying that to the best of his knowledge Rapoza was not among the applicants expected to be sworn in to the department on Friday. If he is, D'Amico said that would likely be placed on hold.

On his Web page, Rapoza calls himself "Bayport Kid," and claims to have played on the Bayport-Blue Point High School's track and football teams.

The girl, who was not identified, is apparently one of 51 "friends" on his MySpace page, many of whom are young girls, some posing in their underwear.

"Most of the time, these girls don't know what they're getting into," Groneman said. "And that's part of the problem."

Suffolk police said Rapoza and the girl made plans for him to pick her up Monday at 8 a.m. Groneman said a relative saw her sneak out of the bathroom window, and the family called police. Suffolk patrol officers, aviation, and search dogs canvassed the area and searched through Robert Moses State Park, unsuccessfully, after receiving information that they might have gone to the beach.

A short time later, the girl contacted her father over the phone.

At that point, she was with Rapoza on a Long Island Rail Road train heading to Jamaica from Ronkonkoma -- just to "chill out and relax," Groneman said. Her father told her to get off the train at the next stop.

Police arrived at the Pinelawn station at 2:20 p.m. and took both into custody. The girl was reunited with her father. "She was obviously upset," Groneman said.

Rapoza was charged with second-degree rape, unlawful imprisonment and endangering the welfare of a minor. He pleaded not guilty Tuesday in First District Court, Central Islip and was held on $50,000 bail.

Politi said the girl claimed to be older and that Rapoza did not have sex with the girl. "When he was apprehended, he ... waited with her. That's not really the mindset of someone who thinks he's committing a crime."

His myspace http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endID=30505079

Re: Teen raped by man met on MySpace

As bad as it is that she was raped,
    It's a miracle he didn't kill her and leave her in a ditch somewhere.

<br />&quot;If you aren&#039;t going to use the head on your shoulders, I will remove it by any means necessary .&quot; <br />

Creepy guy.
    In the article it said 'the girl claimed to be older and that Rapoza did not have sex with the girl. &quot;When he was apprehended, he ... waited with her. That's not really the mindset of someone who thinks he's committing a crime.&quot;

Maybe it was statutory rape rather than non-consensual rape. I agree hunibuni she is a lucky girl in hindsight, it could have been worse not that rape isn't awful.

apparently the girl is a friend on his myspace.&nbsp; wonder which one she is?

I say we go fishing and find her myspace.&nbsp; &nbsp; :-D

Like Hunibuni said, thankfully she's alive but I kinda think she just wanted to be sexed up by an older guy.&nbsp; :|

<br /><br /><br />&quot;We&#39;re all fucked. It helps to remember that.&quot;<br />- George Carlin

[quote author=DreamRai link=topic=6258.msg270754#msg270754 date=1175716816]
    I say we go fishing and find her myspace.&nbsp; &nbsp; :-D

Like Hunibuni said, thankfully she's alive but I kinda think she just wanted to be sexed up by an older guy.&nbsp; :|

[/quote]

I do not think, even in the deep south, that a 13 year old can make an informed consent.....&nbsp;
    <br />&quot;If you aren&#039;t going to use the head on your shoulders, I will remove it by any means necessary .&quot; <br />

[quote author=hunibuni link=topic=6258.msg270759#msg270759 date=1175716898]
    I do not think, even in the deep south, that a 13 year old can make an informed consent.....&nbsp;
    [/quote]

Oh that I know but she sneaked around to talk to him and to see him so I don't know.

Something sparked my curiosity in this one. Most of the girls on his myspace have private profiles though. And most of them are obviously lying about their age.&nbsp;
    <br /><br /><br />&quot;We&#39;re all fucked. It helps to remember that.&quot;<br />- George Carlin

[quote author=hunibuni link=topic=6258.msg270759#msg270759 date=1175716898]
    [/quote]

Yeah right.&nbsp; Look up that story on the 5th graders.&nbsp; I'm more amazed that people can see evidence of this everyday and still be naive enough to think that kids this age don't wanna fuck.&nbsp; Wake up.

[quote author=HyperU2 link=topic=6258.msg270767#msg270767 date=1175717467]
    Yeah right.&nbsp; Look up that story on the 5th graders.&nbsp; I'm more amazed that people can see evidence of this everyday and still be naive enough to think that kids this age don't wanna fuck.&nbsp; Wake up.
    [/quote]

I completely agree.

I did not say she didn't want to. What I said is regardless of the circumstances, she is not of age to consent.

I know more than I ever wanted to about how young kids start having sex. I have a son who will turn 18 in July.

However, when this man goes to court, it will not matter if she was screaming at the top of her lungs how badly she wanted to have sex with him. She cannot make an informed consent.

[/quote]

The majority don't wanna &quot;fuck&quot; The majority doesn't&nbsp; even really grasp the concept of &quot;fuck&quot; Despite all the stories you hear on the news those are isolated incidents.

And affirmative action is a very nice term for racial discrimination against better-qualified white people in jobs, employment, promotions and scholarships, and college admittance.

[quote author=Wick link=topic=6258.msg270793#msg270793 date=1175718590]
    The majority don't wanna &quot;fuck&quot; The majority doesn't&nbsp; even really grasp the concept of &quot;fuck&quot; Despite all the stories you hear on the news those are isolated incidents.

[/quote]

Exactly--they want to do what people are doing, no matter what (or I suppose, who that may be)
    [quote author=Lexa]<br />MY FAV EVER NOOB!!!<br />[/quote][quote author=snipsnip]<br />I think it&#039;s illegal in 16 states to make me laugh as frequently as you do. :lol:<br />[/quote]<br />[quote author=daybreaksdisdain]<br />You da Man[/quote]

Yeah right.&nbsp; &nbsp;Look up that story on the 5th graders.&nbsp; &nbsp;I'm more amazed that people can see evidence of this everyday and still be naive enough to think that kids this age don't wanna fuck.&nbsp; &nbsp;Wake up.
    [/quote]

The amazing thing to me is that without knowing what the basis of what I said, nor actually reading it evidently,&nbsp; you told me to wake up. I am more awake to these things than you can imagine. I am no ones provincial anything. I see the world with my eyes wide open. Do not presume to know what I think or see.

he looks creepy!

why hasnt she deleted him off of her friends?
    Quote Originally Posted by marakisses
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

[quote author=brie star link=topic=6258.msg270804#msg270804 date=1175719133]
    he looks creepy!

why hasnt she deleted him off of her friends?
    [/quote]

Well, so do I!
    [quote author=Lexa]<br />MY FAV EVER NOOB!!!<br />[/quote][quote author=snipsnip]<br />I think it&#039;s illegal in 16 states to make me laugh as frequently as you do. :lol:<br />[/quote]<br />[quote author=daybreaksdisdain]<br />You da Man[/quote]

[quote author=thanatos link=topic=6258.msg270806#msg270806 date=1175719171]
    Well, so do I!
    [/quote]

sorry you have problems!!
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

by the way, you didnt post the link missberi... so when did this happen?

[quote author=hunibuni link=topic=6258.msg270800#msg270800 date=1175719018]
    The amazing thing to me is that without knowing what the basis of what I said, nor actually reading it evidently,&nbsp; you told me to wake up. I am more awake to these things than you can imagine. I am no ones provincial anything. I see the world with my eyes wide open. Do not presume to know what I think or see.
    [/quote]

Wish I was sober but alas.&nbsp; Fuck you.

at east they didn't murder her parents. like jasmine whatever did
    [quote author=eliot.eliot]God, this is why i love you..You&#039;re witty..almost too witty...[/quote][quote author=eliot.eliot]I&#039;m putty in your hands.[/quote]

Not everyone is a pyschotic killer.. The girl probably looked older then 13, and its not like 20 years old is Some grand old age.. Im sure the kid is gonna regret ever meeting her though, But no doubt she gave him consent, even though as previously stated, She is not old not to give consent.

[quote author=Atomic link=topic=6258.msg271914#msg271914 date=1175746755]
    Not everyone is a pyschotic killer.. The girl probably looked older then 13, and its not like 20 years old is Some grand old age.. Im sure the kid is gonna regret ever meeting her though, But no doubt she gave him consent, even though as previously stated, She is not old not to give consent.
    [/quote]

Luckily, this time it wasn't a psychotic killer. No one could have helped her if he had been one, she put herself in quite the dangerous position. This girl needs to be protected from herself and her own stupidity.

Around here a few years back, 2 teens left their house in the middle of the night. They called a cab but it never showed up, so they took a ride with a man, he took them to his place and raped one of them. Not the smartest rapist either, they took the police to his apartment the next day where they arrested him. Again, luckily he wasn't a killer.

I get the feeling it was mutual and he wasn't aware of her age...that sucks for him.

[quote author=HyperU2 link=topic=6258.msg271702#msg271702 date=1175740706]

Wish I was sober but alas.&nbsp; &nbsp;Fuck you.
    [/quote]

It is unfortunate that your vocabulary is so limited that this was the best you could do.

[quote author=brie star link=topic=6258.msg270818#msg270818 date=1175719366]
    by the way, you didnt post the link missberi... so when did this happen?
    [/quote]

I didn't? oopsies! it happened tues...

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/longisland/ny-lirape0404,0,338200.story

[quote author=hunibuni link=topic=6258.msg272679#msg272679 date=1175782580]
    It is unfortunate that your vocabulary is so limited that this was the best you could do.
    [/quote]

Extensive vocabulary, limited interest.

Thread Information