Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Joseph Oberhansley (33) murdered his girlfriend Tammy Jo Blanton (46) and he ate her heart, lungs and brains

Joseph Oberhansley (33) murdered his girlfriend Tammy Jo Blanton (46) and he ate her heart, lungs and brains

Last edited by raisedbywolves; 11-20-2022 at 05:03 PM.

This guy was in prison in Utah for 12 years for murdering another girlfriend! Wow.
    He was released in 2012.

http://www.wave3.com/story/26094473/...ing-girlfriend

Ugh. This lady was pleading for him and saying she wanted to marry him just a couple months ago after this dude led cops on a low speed chase.

http://www.wave3.com/video?clipid=10...autoStart=true
    Last edited by M Joy; 09-30-2014 at 06:15 PM.

It's eyebags guy. I was reading this stuff the other week. What a story - & what a history. It's horror movie shit from start to finish (although this might only be the middle chapter)

http://www.newsandtribune.com/news/c....html?mode=jqm

A man who led Jeffersonville police on a nearly 40-minute, slow-speed vehicle pursuit Tuesday has been identified as a convicted killer who spent more than 12 years in a Utah prison, and he?s now wanted in Indiana. Joseph Oberhansley, 33, Loma Vista Drive, was released Wednesday from Louisville Metro Corrections after his* arrest by the Louisville Metro Police Department about 1 a.m. Tuesday, following the police pursuit in Jeffersonville and Clarksville that crossed the state line on Interstate 65.

The Office of the Clark County Prosecutor issued a warrant Wednesday for Oberhansley?s arrest, but not before he had bonded out of Louisville Metro Corrections on a $1,000 payment. Chief Deputy Clark County Prosecutor Jeremy Mull said a Jeffersonville police officer had signed an affidavit Wednesday, which was required to issue the warrant for alleged crimes that occurred during the vehicle pursuit. ?It was done promptly, but, unfortunately, he [Oberhansley] was able to make bond in Kentucky before the warrant was entered into the system,? Mull said.

In addition to the warrant, Mull said he has requested a $25,000 cash-only bond be issued for Oberhansley after he is taken into custody. Mull has filed charges of criminal recklessness and resisting law enforcement, both level 6 felonies, against Oberhansley. An Internet search by the News and Tribune led to the discovery that a 17-year-old Oberhansley killed his girlfriend, shot his mother and turned the gun on himself in a home of a Salt Lake City suburb in 1998, according to Deseret News, which is based in Salt Lake City. Oberhansley was convicted in 2000 with manslaughter and attempted murder. He was released in July 2012.

Oberhansley also has a pending case in Clark County Circuit Court No. 3 where he has been charged with class D felony strangulation and misdemeanor resisting law enforcement for a May 2013 incident. Before he was officially charged in the case the following July, Oberhansley was arrested, booked into the Clark County jail and bonded out on a $1,000 payment all in the same day. A pretrial conference is scheduled in that case in September. Mull said it is unclear to him how Oberhansley was released from the Clark County jail in 2013, as he was, and continues to be, on parole for manslaughter and attempted murder convictions.

?If someone is on parole, especially for a violent offense, and then they are again arrested on violent offense, which strangulation would be, you would fully expect the parole to be revoked and for that person to be remanded to serve out their sentence,? he said. ?All I can tell you is that if I walk into court as a prosecutor, and I have someone on parole for a violent offense and they commit another one, I am going to be asking for a sky-high bond, and I am going to be asking for a parole hold on that person, which Indiana allows.? GIRLFRIEND?S DEATH According to an article dated March 14, 2000, on the Deseret News? website, Prosecutor Paul Parker said the state?s plea agreement, which included recommending concurrent prison terms, was the ?appropriate penalty in this case,? referencing the killing of Sabrina Elder and the shooting of Oberhansley?s mother.

Oberhansley?s mother and grandmother, both eyewitnesses to the crime, and other family members were hesitant to cooperate with the investigation. Oberhansley?s state of mind at the time of the shooting would have made a murder conviction unlikely, Parker said. Oberhansley, 17 at the time, had just endured his father?s death. His brother had previously committed suicide. ?I didn?t think we could get a murder conviction,? Parker said. Apparently without being provoked, Oberhansley walked into his grandmother?s West Valley, Utah, home on Dec. 9, 1998, pulled a gun out of a bag and shot Elder, who just days before had given birth to the couple?s child. After several shots, one fatal bullet hit her in the head. Oberhansley then shot and wounded his mother, Brenda Lee Self, before turning the gun on himself.

Oberhansley, 17 at the time, admitted he was under ?severe emotional distress? that night, according to the article. ?This was not an intentional act,? said Oberhansley?s defense attorney, Ronald Yengich. ?All of the stressors involved in Joseph?s life at the time led up to this. It is likely that outside of those factors this never would have happened.? Yengich called the plea deal a ?fair compromise? and added that the injury Oberhansley sustained from shooting himself in the head has actually made him a calmer person. ?The injury he sustained actually has had a beneficial affect because of the portion of the brain that was injured,? Yengich said. Oberhansley did not cause problems as a prisoner in Utah, according to a 2012 report on KSL.com, the website of a local TV station.

?The decision to set the offender?s parole date was made in 2004 following his original hearing,? according to a statement from the Utah Board of Pardons and Parole put out the day before his release. ?He had taken full responsibility for his crimes, was programming at the prison, and was well-behaved.? However, Elder?s grandfather was more ominous about Oberhansley?s release in the Deseret News article. ?He?s going to get out in five to seven years to do it again,? Alfred Irmer said. ?They didn?t give us our day in court.? Irmer said he wanted a jury to decide whether or not Oberhansley was guilty of first-degree murder, but prosecutors took the ?cheapest way out? by offering Oberhansley a plea deal. 0 comments

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Wow. Talk about a piece of shit. Please rid the earth of this motherfucker before he has the chance to do anything to anyone else.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    If I can't have you (some fava beans and a nice Chianti) then no one can.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Where they don't have maps.......such as..
    Shot himself in the head? Where?

I've seen 2 people who shot themselves in the head and survived. Neither of them looked anywhere NEAR as normal as that afterward.
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star
    I was about to be annoyed that this thread was still active, but I see now it's morphed into offers of sex for chilli confectionary, so carry on guys :)

I wish I could find the old photos of the old user here called Alex who shot half his face off and survived.

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    I wish I could find the old photos of the old user here called Alex who shot half his face off and survived.
    I really want to see them!

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    I really want to see them!
    found one!

NSFW:

Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Was Alex his actual name or just a username?

Oh PETA. Can't you pretend to be sane? Just occasionally?

http://www.corsicanadailysun.com/cnh....html?mode=jqm

JEFFERSONVILLE, Ind. – It has the stuff of a comedic one-liner, but PETA says it is dead serious in urging the local sheriff to feed an accused cannibal killer a vegan diet in order to “swear off flesh” while he’s imprisoned.

Kenneth Montville, a national spokesman for People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, said the proposal is aimed at making the group’s point that meatless food can help reduce violent behavior and also save money for jails.

“We really want to take a situation that’s a tragedy and make it into something positive – to reduce the total violence in the world,” Montville said in an interview with the Jeffersonville News & Tribune.

Clark County Sheriff Brian Meyer said PETA made the suggestion in a letter dated one day after Joseph Oberhansley, 33, was arraigned in court Monday on charges of killing his ex-girlfriend, Tammy Jo Blanton, 46, and eating her flesh.

“When I first saw the letter, I thought it was a cruel joke” said Meyer. “When I realized it was real, my first thought was to not even respond because it’s ridiculous.”

Meyer said the PETA proposal was out of line given the nature of the murder case. “I can’t believe they would be so insensitive to the victim and her family,” he said.

PETA’s Montville said it isn’t the first time the organization has asked law enforcement to feed prisoners vegan diets. He said a similar request was made in a Tennessee murder case, and the cannibal aspect of the Jeffersonville murder made it especially appropriate.

“It shouldn’t be enough to have morbid fascination with a news story,” said Montville. “For us, it is about reducing violence by opting for vegan food.”

For Sheriff Meyer, it is about the animal activist message tied to serious crime.

“It’s bad enough when you lose someone to natural causes, let alone dealing with a loss this violent,” he said. “That they (PETA) would do this is unfathomable to me. It’s insult added to injury. It’s unforgivable and they’ve lost all creditability with me

I don't think they're serving his kind of "meat". & way to go PETA, referring to a murdered woman as "meat" is a brilliant strategy for spreading the message & raising support. Yep.
    Last edited by blighted star; 09-30-2014 at 11:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    Was Alex his actual name or just a username?
    Umm I have baby induced dementia and can't remember. I'm sure alex was part of his user name. Maybe.

Umm I have baby induced dementia and can't remember. I'm sure alex was part of his user name. Maybe.

It was his name and user name.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post

It was his name and user name.

Yes but was his user name just Alex?!?

Nah. There were some numbers too.

ETA: Post 90,000 and it's about Alex. Ha.
    Last edited by Ron_NYC; 10-01-2014 at 09:44 AM.

peta is showing some striking similarities to the wbc lately.

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    peta is showing some striking similarities to the wbc lately.
    Just lately?

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    Just lately?
    well no. i guess not. this is just like, a step further.

It's ok. I didn't find anything relevant then. I went down a horrible path of google searches & found a bunch of gunshot injuries I wish I hadn't looked at - starting with Kay Nesbitt from W.A who was fucking gorgeous before she copped a shotgun blast to the face through a Federation stained glass window. She was protecting her flatmate & was shot at close range through her front door - decades before they had facial reconstruction. Half the cases I saw weren't self-inflicted. They were innocent bystanders or helping someone. Fucking horrific.

ETA hmm, wonder if Mr Creepy up there ^^ wandered around at all after his head shot/brain injury.

Maybe I can link his case & rev the J.A thread. It was one of the touchier subjects as I recall
    Last edited by blighted star; 10-02-2014 at 09:19 AM.

http://www.wlky.com/news/prosecutor-...woman/30255414

Prosecutor to seek death penalty against man accused of killing woman

(Dec. 17, 2015) JEFFERSONVILLE, Ind. - A judge ruled to make Joseph Oberhansley eligible for the death penalty Tuesday night.

"I'm relieved in a way, in other ways I'm not sure of the death penalty," Connie Sneed, the victim's friend, said. "I think it's too good and too easy for him."

The Clark County prosecutor sought the death penalty against Oberhansley after he confessed to killing his ex-girlfriend in Jeffersonville.

Steve Stewart felt it was an obvious decision to make it a capital case, saying, "The death sentence is based on two aggravating factors. First, that he committed intentional murder during the course of the burglary. And the second is that he dismembered the victim, Tammy Blanton."

Oberhansley, 33, told police he stabbed Blanton before mutilating her body and removing some of her organs.

"It's horrible. There's not a day that goes by that I don't think about her," Sneed said. "Not a day that goes by that I don't want to text her and say hello."

The capital case means new defense attorneys have been brought on to defend Oberhansley. One of those attorneys, Mike McDaniel, admits that Oberhansley is a challenge.

"He's a toughie right now. He doesn't have any reason to trust his lawyers. You've got to earn that, so we'll do that," McDaniel said.

McDaniel said that Oberhansley may be insane and may believe he didn't kill Blanton.

As he walked into the courtroom Tuesday, Oberhansley told reporters all charges against him are false.

As the judge read the allegations against him, Oberhansley interrupted, saying, "Yeah, right, and pigs fly too."

Oberhansley asked the judge for permission to speak and said all the allegations against him are wrong.

"If anyone has been robbed, it's me. I'm sitting in here," he said.

Oberhansley was previously convicted of manslaughter in the shooting death of his then-girlfriend in suburban Salt Lake City. During that incident Oberhansley also shot his mother and then shot himself in the head.

"He's got a bullet floating around in his brain. It may be screwing up some of his thought patterns," said McDaniel.

Oberhansley's mother was at court Tuesday in support of her son.

She held a cross and repeatedly pointed it at prosecutors and anyone who said anything negative about her son.

Blanton's mother was also in court. She did not want to go on camera, but said she is in favor of prosecutors seeking the death penalty.

Blanton's neighbor Edna Hall was also in favor of the judge's decision.

"I was hoping it's what would happen," Hall said. "He should be killed, the same as he did to her."

Sneed said the death penalty won't bring back the life Oberhansley took.

He's due back in court in February.
    Quote Originally Posted by Not your business View Post
    I will out think the fucking pants off of you and you would thank me for helping you out of them.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    She held a cross and repeatedly pointed it at prosecutors and anyone who said anything negative about her son.

So mom is some kind of special, too? Of course she is!!

Again, fuck this piece of trash.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by kevansvault View Post

So mom is some kind of special, too? Of course she is!!

Again, fuck this piece of trash.

Sounds like she has something "floating around" in her brain screwing up her thought patterns, too!
    Quote Originally Posted by Not your business View Post
    I will out think the fucking pants off of you and you would thank me for helping you out of them.

Quote Originally Posted by kevansvault View Post
    I do this on the reg.

Mostly at work whenever someone tries to enter my office.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

Judge denies bond request

Posted: Jun 11, 2015 6:23 AM
    Updated: Jun 11, 2015 11:27 AM

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) - The man accused of killing his ex-girlfriend, then cooking and eating her organs, wanted to get out of jail. However, prosecutors released disturbing details about the case in order to keep him there.

Joseph Oberhansley came to court Wednesday to ask a judge to set a bond.

"It's all lies and deception," Oberhansley said visibly angered. "Whole thing's a set up. They won't allow me to shave. All my rights are being violated."

Prosecutors were tasked with keeping him behind bars. They called detectives to the stand who summarized their case against Oberhansley. Their testimony contained graphic details about finding Blanton's mutilated body.

Friends of the victim were gasping and crying while listening to the disturbing details of how police believe Oberhansley killed Blanton.

"Mr. Oberhansley most definitely needs to stay in jail." Clark County Prosecutor Jeremy Mull said, "He is a danger to our community."

He is being held without bond and that will continue, because the judge denied the request. He faces the death penalty and is charged with murder, burglary, abuse of a corpse and rape.

He was arrested in September after Tammy Jo Blanton was found dead inside her Jeffersonville home. Officials say she was violently murdered, and that Oberhansley consumed some of her body parts.

"All the state has to show is that it is more likely than not that he committed a homicide and there is no bail. It is a very, very low standard and I can't fault a judge for deciding it like she did," said Oberhandsley's lawyer, Mike McDaniel.

He's been known to have outbursts in court, cursing and talking over the judge and attorneys, and bringing up bizarre topics. He once said in court that he has too much honor and integrity and is too handsome to have committed the rape.

His attorneys say Oberhansley has mental deterioration.

In 1998, when he was 17, he killed his girlfriend and shot his mom. He was convicted of manslaughter and attempted murder, but was released more than two years ago for those crimes.

His mother was in court Wednesday. Oberhansley turned around and told his mother and grandmother he loved them very much before the hearing began.

WDRB talked to his mother after the hearing and she said she does not believe her son is guilty and is upset he is in a tiny room and can't shave.

Oberhansley had long, slicked back hair and quite a long beard during his court appearance Wednesday. He apologized to reporters for his appearance while walking into court saying his rights are being violated.

Oberhansley's trial is set to start in Aug. 2016.

http://www.wdrb.com/story/29289120/i...ge-to-set-bond
    Last edited by luvit; 07-09-2015 at 04:07 PM. Reason: Punctuation Correction

The poor monster is boohooing because he isn't allowed to shave or have books. Good.
    How can his mom and grandmother think he's innocent, though?!? Crazies!

Thread Information