Thread: Madalyn Yates (16) committed suicide almost a year to the day after her best friend Brianna Berrier (13) also took her own life

Madalyn Yates (16) committed suicide almost a year to the day after her best friend Brianna Berrier (13) also took her own life

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2014...k_her_own_life

This is the first thread I started here so I hope I'm doing it right and it's in the right place.

This story, like all the others is so tragic. I came across this article that mentions a suicide message she left on YouTube, the transcript of her video brought tears to my eyes and pain in my heart. This poor girl seemed tormented. Madalyn's mother's FB posts are inspiring. The last posts on Madalyn's FB page were about her friend, Brianna. According to another article, Brianna shot herself after an argument with her mother. I don't know if Brianna has her own thread.

Longer article at link, the comments below the article are powerful.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/tracyclayton...a-mess#3ywxs19

Yates? final video has since been removed from YouTube, but here is a transcript:

I know it?s not OK for me to be doing this, but I just can?t do this anymore. It feels like I?m being swallowed whole into myself. It physically hurts. Sometimes it hurts so bad that I throw up, and sometimes I just get panic attacks. I know this is selfish. You know, the doctor prescribed Prozac for depression and anxiety, but those are just fancy words for ?selfish.? I know that I?m going to hurt everyone who loves me, and I really do love them too. But I?ve been like this for so long, and there?s still a chance that the worst day might still be coming. And I just don?t see how this is a bad idea because it?s like someone?s on the 12th floor, and the room behind them is on fire. And they?re standing on the window ledge and they have a choice whether or not to jump and get away from the fire or just stay and die a slow, excruciating death. It feels like that.

But I don?t want anyone to feel like it was their fault. This was my decision, not yours. I?m the one who messed up, not you. There?s nothing, literally nothing that you could have done; you?ve all tried so hard to help me. And I tried too. I guess it?s like I don?t mean to be over dramatic, but it?s like there?s a demon inside of me [inaudible].
    You can?t help me. You?ve tried. And I?m sorry. I really don?t mean to hurt anyone. Remember that I?m doing you a favor. Remember how bad of a person I really am. I say awful things. Even if I don?t mean them, I say them. You don?t even want to know the things that I think; I am not a good person. I?m doing literally the whole world a favor. But I love you, and I?m sorry. And I really, really love you.

Maddie's mom https://www.facebook.com/annis.yates

Here is two of the posts her mom made. I swear, I don't know how parents get through something like this, never mind being able to think about others during their tragedy.

My Dearest Maddie Yates, as we began the process of publicly saying good-bye to you in a few hours, I want to let you know how much we all love you. No matter how great our pain is and will be, your pain was so much larger. The very last thing you ever wanted to do was hurt someone. The only way we are getting through this at all is with the knowledge that you are in Heaven with your Memaw and Granny and all the others we love and knew. We will see people who saw you all the time, we will re-connect with those whose lives drifted down a different path from ours, & we will meet people who knew you but we hadn't met. None of us are ready for this but thanks to you we have so many prayers that have been and are being lifted up. All I can say is what we told you everyday, we love you all the way to Heaven and back! — with Eddie Yates and 2 others.

I can't begin to do anything but try to breathe right now. Please know Maddie Yates was truly loved. She literally had us laughing right before she made the worse decision anyone can make. Know that Maddie cared for everyone she met and felt every pain you had. She is in Heaven where she won't feel the pain anymore. I want you all to know the this was the worse thing she could have done. Please ask for help! I am begging you with every fiber in my soul to seek any and all help you need. You don't have to be perfect and you aren't alone!! God will listen to your prayers! Please don't ever, ever condone this action. For Maddie's sake, please talk to someone! — with Eddie Yates and 2 others.
    Last edited by Olivia; 09-22-2014 at 08:38 PM. Reason: don't link to FB's that are posted in the article - thanks!

Maddie's teen link, highlights her poetry.

http://www.teenink.com/users/maddmonkey

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Very tragic You can feel Mom's sorrow. It's a shame.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Ugh. : How horrible that she couldn't escape the demons that haunted her. I can't imagine what their families continue to go through, I just ...ugh. Rest in peace, ladies.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

I wonder why she thought she was such a bad person?? Poor girl. For all she knew, things could've gotten better as time went on, but she'll never know that. Hope she is at peace now.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

I wonder why she thought she was such a bad person?? Poor girl. For all she knew, things could've gotten better as time went on, but she'll never know that. Hope she is at peace now.
    I was thinking the same thing Nic, tomorrow can be better or worse, but always give yourself as many tomorrow's as is God's will, eventually things will get better. These kids need to give themselves time.

Thread Information