Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: ISIS Discussion

berm - Thanks for posting about the Moore, OK incident.
    Watching early news reports that can't be documented, I was upset to hear first statements from the killer's mosque. They were afraid that it would cause repercussions and attacks on the Muslim community. They eventually cleaned up their statements, but that was their first response.
    That's my problem with moderate Muslims. They don't immediately condemn the violence and express outrage clearly state that beheading is not part of Islamic practice. It's the same I feel about LDS, how they are so quiet about fundamentalist Mormons bigamy and forcing little girls into marriage with old men.
    Back to the moderate Muslims. Are they afraid? The parents of the female UAR bomber fighting with our coalition, who was photographed and proclaimed a hero the other day, have disowned her. So, are they more afraid of repercussions by Americans or fundamentalists? I really wonder.
    There's also reports now that ISIS phoned Iraqi generals and told them they would kill their families if they didn't step down. So the generals left and that's why the American trained Iraqi army fell apart.

Stop minimalizing the threat, peeps. Something can happen anywhere. It will feel like such bad Karma when it does.

Or the frst reported statement's from his mosque?

Obviously I didn't see these reports so I could be completely wrong but are we sure it wasn't the media who cleaned up thei way they reported the statements after complaints from the mosque - ie it was all recorded at the same time but only a small, unflattering part published at first? It's happening an awful lot lately, maybe not this time, but definitely enough to consider the accuracy & backstory of everything we read.

Like I said, this could be totally wrong, I just know I'm a lot more sceptical of journalistic accuracy after the crap that's been printed over the past few weeks - crap doing exactly this kind of thing & making the update look like new info rather than something they had all along.

ETA & please don' t get the impression I think there's no threat. We're kind of in the bush but we live in a navy town surrounded by other little towns that are full of Defence Dept family housing. We have naval bases & the country's biggest naval harbour minutes away. Our towns are small but we're used to seeing naval camo's & dress uniform in our schools & stores. My kids grew up with it - but I can't remember when I last saw a uniform. It's been weeks or months at least & that's pretty sad.
    Last edited by blighted star; 09-27-2014 at 09:41 PM.

Why do you think you haven't seen uniforms around lately? It's kind of strange.

When I posted about the guy in Moore Ok, I had no idea if it was actually related to ISIS or not. I read a few articles that mentioned ISIS, so I thought I would add it here just in case.

Beli also started a thread http://mydeathspace.com/vb/showthrea...kplace-dispute

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Quote Originally Posted by The Crone View Post
    Why do you think you haven't seen uniforms around lately? It's kind of strange.
    Oops. Sorry. It's SO BIG down here I forget that Aus news doesn't often get mentioned anywhere else.

Soo - some of the articles I linked should mention it, but they changed the terror rating to high/imminent recently & ADF personnel have been advised not to wear uniform in public due to the current assessed threat level.

It's been a while since I saw camo & insignia at school though so I think they might've been warned on base before this.

- this is basically why there was a huge freakout when a naval officer in Sydney reported being assaulted by "men of middle eastern appearance" while he was in uniform last week (see pg 1)- & why it then turned to outrage when the Navy had to publicly apologise on his behalf after the complaint was found to have no basis.

- will have to see if there's been further developments on that one though because details surrounding the withdrawal were very vague ...

Meanwhile, this is a link for the "grab any Aussie off the street, behead them & post it on social media" plot

http://www.news.com.au/national/aust...-1227062204389

& this is a link re ADF personnel being advised to wear civvies

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politi...20-10jqse.html

(the civvies thing is something police & prison staff have been doing here since at least the 1970's)
    Last edited by blighted star; 09-28-2014 at 08:42 AM.

Wow. Thanks so much for linking that. That clip made me SO angry, & this was the best slap to the bastards faces EVER.

Taliban, not IS but I don' t think anyone's differentiating.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-09-2...rities/5775004

An Afghan-Australian dual citizen was targeted because he was Australian: authorities
    AM By Tahmina Ansari Updated 1 minute agoMon 29 Sep 2014, 3:51pm

PHOTO: Sayed Habib Musawi was reportedly tortured and killed by the Taliban because he was an Australian citizen. (Supplied)

An Afghan-Australian dual citizen tortured and killed by the Taliban while visiting relatives was targeted because he had Australian citizenship, authorities say. Sayed Habib Musawi, 56, grew up in Helmand Province, in Afghanistan's south, and came to Australia by boat in 2000. He held an Australian passport and citizenship and lived in Sydney's west with his family, who were brought to Australia in 2005.

Mr Musawi was killed last week during a trip to Afghanistan to visit his family. He was returning to the capital, Kabul, after visiting relatives in Ghazni province. His body was found on the side of the road. The ABC was told he was the only one pulled off a bus by Taliban militants. AUDIO: Listen to Tahmina Ansari's report (AM) In the last week, Taliban fighters have killed more than 100 people in that area, beheading some, as they capitalise on the withdrawal of Western troops and battle to gain control of the district.

Ghazi's deputy governor, Mohammad Ali Ahmadi, said Mr Musawi was killed in a "non-human" manner. "His hands were tied from the back and there were signs of beating," Mr Ahmadi told AM. "The bullet wounds were clearly visible on his dead body. The murderers beat and tortured him. People in the area contacted us, so we ordered the district security chief to investigat VIDEO: Nemat Musawi says the family is "shocked" "After an investigation it became clear that the dead body belongs to Sayed Habib, an Afghan Australian who came to visit his family."

Mr Ahmadi said Mr Musawi was killed by the Taliban because he was an Australian citizen. "Of course the reason is that he was an Afghan-Australian," he said. "He didn't do anything besides that – he didn't do anything wrong, he wasn't a criminal, he wasn't involved in government activities. "The reason of his murder was very clear – that he was a dual citizen, he came from a country that Taliban think*is an infidel country. "When the Taliban arrested him, he said to them, 'I came from Australia to see my family.' And then the Taliban... issued an order for his murder."
    If the poor guy had been Australia last week there's a good chance he'd have been abused, threatened/assaulted & accused of belonging to the same group who tortured & killed him.

Isis video purportedly shows murder of British hostage Alan Henning
    Islamic State militants have published a video that is said to depict the murder of a British aid convoy volunteer Alan Henning three weeks after warning that he would be the next to die.

If the video is found to be authentic, Henning will be the fourth western hostage to have been killed by the group, following the video-taped beheadings of US journalists James Foley and Steven Sotloff, and Scottish aid worker David Haines.

The release of the video showing Haines’ murder and the threat to Henning’s life was followed by three more videos in which John Cantlie, a British photographer who has been held hostage by Isis for 22 months, delivered propaganda messages on behalf of the group.

Isis has also released an hour-long film about its advance across Syria and Iraq. In its final scene, a masked man with an US-sounding accent delivers a speech standing by Syrian soldiers who have been forced to dig their own shallow graves. It closes with the murders of the men.
    http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2...a-video-murder
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Thanks puzzld - I just saw that.

Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu believes that ISIS is a diversion while Iran goes nuclear. He seems to talk sense, IMO, please watch the video and say what you think.
    http://a57.foxnews.com/media2.foxnew...anyahu_640.jpg

The world is a scary place these days with everything going on. Almost impossible to list them all. Iraq, Syria, Libya, Ukraine, Gaza, and Boku Harem in Nigeria. Not to mention Ebola. The US is now up to 4000 troops to fight the disease.

Also, yesterday, military personnel were advised to clean up their social media accounts and remove any mention of being in the military and not to give out their address or any kind of location. This is because reportedly ISIS has given instructions to their lone wolves to attack our servicemen and women in their homes.

The masked man then says former Army Ranger Peter Kassig will be next

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz3FA1Fgva2
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Alan Henning: 'I am Alan Henning. Because of our parliament's decision to attack the Islamic state I as a member of the British public will now pay the price for that decision.'
    Jihadi John: 'The blood of David Haines was on your hands Cameron, Alan Henning will also be slaughtered but his blood is on the hands of the British parliament.'
    Jihadi John then steps forward to cut Mr Henning's throat and his body is shown lying on the floor.
    Peter Kassig is then shown kneeling next to Jihadi John.
    Jihadi John: 'Obama you have started your aerial bombardment in Sham (Syria) which keeps on striking our people, so it's only right we continue to strike the necks of your people.'
    An Iraq war veteran who launched his own aid group to provide medical help for Syrian war refugees has been named as the next potential victim of ISIS.
    Former U.S. Army Ranger Peter Kassig, 26, has been confirmed as the latest American hostage to be held by Islamic State militants after he featured at the end of a video showing the beheading of British aid worker Alan Henning.
    In the footage, which emerged on the internet tonight, Mr Kassig, from Indianapolis, is shown on his knees next to 'Jihadi John'.
    The young aid worker is being held by the Jihadi who tells the camera that President Obama's aerial bombardment in Syria means that 'it is only right to continue to strike the necks of your people.'
    While Mr Kassig can be seen on his knees, a caption on the screen reads, 'Peter Edward Kassig (American).'
    In a direct address to President Barack Obama, 'Jihadi John' then tells the camera: 'Obama you have started your aerial bombardment in Sham (Syria) which keeps on striking our people, so it's only right we continue to strike the necks of your people.'
    U.S. officials confirmed this evening that Kassig was being held by Islamic State militants but declined to give any more details of his capture.
    Butler University in Indianapolis, where Mr Kassig studied political science in 2010, also released a statement in the wake of the video.
    It said: 'Peter Kassig was a student at Butler University from 2010 to 2012, majoring in political science.
    'Since his time at Butler, Peter has dedicated his life to humanitarian work in the Middle East.
    'The thoughts and prayers of the Butler University community are with Peter and his family.'
    Indiana Democratic Senator Joe added: 'This is an unimaginably devastating situation for any parent to endure.
    'My prayers are with Peter's parents at this terrible time. My family, like everyone in Indiana and across our country, is praying for and thinking of Peter and his family.

http://nypost.com/2014/10/10/pregnan...-huge-mistake/

Two Austrian teens got way more than they bargained for when they abandoned their homes and families to become ?poster girls? for ISIS terrorists, and now they desperately want to come home.
    Samra Kesinovic, 17, and friend Sabina Selimovic, 15, would love to press the undo button on the last six months, during which they traded their comfortable existence in Europe for a life of evil engineered by terrorists.

The teens are believed to be married, pregnant and living in the ISIS-controlled city of Raqqa in northern Syria,

That?s a change of heart from the April note they left behind for their parents that read: ?Don?t look for us. We will serve Allah, and we will die for him.?

For weeks, social-media accounts believed to belong to the girls had been posting pictures and information that seemed to suggest the young duo enjoyed living a life of terror.
    The pictures showed the two girls smiling and wearing their new Muslim garb, sometimes while flanked by armed fighters.

Some of the images appeared to show the girls carrying weapons.
    But authorities in Austria say it was all an elaborate plan set up by ISIS to persuade the world that the two wanted to be the poster girls for jihad in Syria.

Some of the images may have been faked, including some that were taken years earlier of other women and re-posted on the girls social-media pages, Austrian authorities said.
    ?It is clear that whoever is operating their pages it probably is not the girls and that they are being used for propaganda,? said one Austrian security official.

The teens apparently were lured to ISIS by propaganda preached at their local mosque.
    Clerics told them that the only way to know true peace was to head to Syria and take part in the holy war, officials said.

The girls had started lecturing schoolmates about their lifestyle and were even suspected of being behind a vandalism attack at their school calling for jihad.

Modal Trigger
    Austrian media are reporting that Kesinovic and Selimovic have said enough is enough and want to return to their families.
    Photo: Europics
    Now Kesinovic and Selimovic have had enough and are eager to return to their families, according to CEN. The girls reportedly managed to get word to their families they want to come home.
    But reports also said the teens don?t feel they can flee because too many people now associate them with ISIS savagery.
    ?The main problem is about people coming back to Austria,? said Austrian Interior Ministry spokesman Karl-Heinz Grundboeck. ?Once they leave, it is almost impossible.?
    Kesinovic and Selimovic are among the bevy of women ISIS has recruited from around the world. Although its strict interpretation of Islamic law limits a woman?s place in society, women are often recruited into vital support roles through aggressive social-media campaigns that promise devout jihadist husbands.
    In May, 16-year-old British twin sisters followed their older brother to Syria so they could marry jihadists, according to London?s Daily Mail.
    Several weeks ago, a 16-year-old was arrested at a French airport under suspicion she was traveling to Syria to join Islamist rebels.
    A 15-year-old French girl named Nora, the daughter of Moroccan immigrants, was lured by Syria through Facebook, according to her brother Foad.
    She has said she wants to come home, and Foad traveled to Syria ? but he was not allowed to leave with her.
    ?As soon as they manage to snare a girl, they do everything they can to keep her,? Foad said.
    ?Girls aren?t there for combat, just for marriage and children. A reproduction machine.?

Soldier dies after being run down in suspected terror attack near Montreal
    http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/10...fficials-rcmp/
    The driver of a car who rammed two Canadian Forces members near Montreal before being shot dead by police was known to counter-terrorism authorities who believed he had become radicalized, the RCMP said on Monday as they continued to investigate the possible terrorist attack.
    ?This individual was known to federal authorities including our Integrated National Security Investigations team in Montreal who along with other authorities were concerned that he had become radicalized,? the RCMP said in a statement. The force declined further comment.

The 25-year-old, known as Martin ?Ahmad? Rouleau, allegedly hit two members of the Canadian Forces as they were walking in a strip mall just outside St-Jean-sur-Richelieu at about 11:30 a.m.

Early Tuesday, one of two soldiers hit by the car died of his injuries, Quebec provincial police said. The soldier?s name was not released at the request of the family.

The second soldier?s injuries were described as less serious, the Canadian Press reported, but police were not able to provide an update on the individual?s condition.

After the soldiers were struck, police chased the man more than four kilometres until his car flipped into a ditch.

The man then exited his car, allegedly holding a knife, and police opened fire, seriously injuring him, said S?ret? du Qu?bec Sgt. Joyce Kemp. He was transported to hospital, but police later confirmed he had died.

The suggestion the incident was an act of terrorism was first raised in the House of Commons by Prime Minister Stephen Harper, who said he was aware of the ?extremely troubling? reports and that authorities were investigating.
    The Prime Minister was briefed on the investigation by RCMP Commissioner Bob Paulson, Chief of Defence Staff Gen. Tom Lawson, and National Security Adviser Stephen Rigby. ?Federal authorities have confirmed that there are clear indications that the individual had become radicalized. As Canada?s national security agencies have said, Canadians should remain vigilant,? said a statement from Jason MacDonald, the prime minister?s spokesman.

Speaking to reporters at the scene, S?ret? du Qu?bec spokesman Lt. Guy Lapointe said it was too early to determine whether the military personnel were deliberately targeted. ?All I can say is that the theory that this is a deliberate act is part of what we?ll be looking at,? he said.

The soldiers were being treated in hospital. One was said to be seriously injured, while the other soldier?s injuries were less severe, Sgt. Kemp said. Police were reconstructing the scene, with the brown car still upside down in the ditch.
    A knife lay next to the car, underneath a bag. Sgt. Kemp would not confirm reports the driver had previously charged at police with the knife. ?At this point, it?s too soon to say,? the sergeant said. ?The investigation is still in its early stages.?

Because the local St-Jean-sur-Richelieu police were involved in the shooting, the SQ has taken over the investigation. Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu is home to the Canadian Forces Leadership and Recruit School, which conducts basic military training as well as professional development programs and employs about 600 military personnel and civilians.

A Twitter account under the name Ahmad Rouleau featured the banner of the Islamic State of Iraq and Al-Sham, the terrorist group that last month called on its followers to kill Canadians because of Ottawa?s role in the anti-ISIS military coalition.

?Islam is the only true religion. Anyone who want scientific proof of God that your terrorist Zionism Rothschild media hide, contact me or add me if you re open minded,? he commented beneath an online Time magazine article last May.

Allah has promised the hypocrite men and hypocrite women and the disbelievers the fire of Hell
    On a Facebook page under the same name, French and English posts ? the last one on Friday ? denounced Christianity and Judaism. ?Allah has promised the hypocrite men and hypocrite women and the disbelievers the fire of Hell, wherein they will abide eternally. It is sufficient for them. And Allah has cursed them, and for them is an enduring punishment,? he wrote.

No information has been officially released linking the incident to ISIS, but the possibility he was a lone wolf incited by the group?s propaganda was being examined. On Sept. 21, ISIS spokesman Abu Muhammad Adnani explicitly called for attacks against Canadians. In his 42-minute audio taped message, Adnani urged his fanatical followers to single out a victim and ?run him over with your car.?

The use of a car to ram identifiable soldiers was reminiscent of the December 2013 murder of British serviceman Lee Rigby. In that attack, two men armed with knives struck him with their car near a military facility in Woolwich, United Kingdom, and then attempted to sever his head. They were later filmed making Islamist extremist slogans.
    Following the attack, Canada?s Integrated Threat Assessment Centre prepared a ?Secret? intelligence report noting that the killing was the second of two attacks in six months that ?appear to have targeted military personnel in public areas.?

The document noted that the Toronto 18 and a 2010 group headed by Iranian-Canadian Hiva Alizadeh had also talked about striking Canada?s military. ?Canadian Forces personnel and facilities have been discussed as targets by domestic extremists in the past,? said the 2013 report, released under the Access to Information Act.

As recently as Monday, calls to attack Canadians for joining the anti-ISIS coalition continued to surface. A Canadian extremist who converted in 2010 and now goes by ?Abu Khalid Al-Kanadi? posted a message inciting attacks on Canadians.

Officials: 3 Denver girls played hooky from school and tried to join ISIS

http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/22/us/col...sey/index.html

The first indication that something was wrong was a phone call from his daughter's Denver area school to let Assad Ibrahim know that she had not come to class.

He dialed her cell. And she answered. But, officials say, she didn't tell him that she was on her way to Syria to join ISIS.

She was just late for class, that's all, Ibrahim's daughter told him on Friday, according to the Arapahoe County Sheriff's Office, which filed a runaway report.

The American girl of Sudanese descent also kept quiet about her two girlfriends, Americans of Somali descent, who were flying with her to Turkey by way of Germany.

Those two had told their father, Ali Farah, that they were going to the library.

But when Farah got home from work, a visitor came calling, according to the documents. Apparently, it was Ibrahim.

Farah should check to see if his daughters' passports were missing, the visitor told him -- just like his daughter's passport was.

Sure enough, they were gone, along with $2,000 in cash.

The two families called the FBI. They said they thought the girls were on their way to Turkey.

The agency put out a notice on their passports.

German authorities intercepted the trio, ages 15, 16 and 17, at Frankfurt airport and put them on a plane back to the United States, where they were greeted by FBI agents.

The three girls were questioned and released. Two U.S. officials say they had planned to join militants with ISIS, the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria.

The girls' parents say they had no idea their children planned to travel. None of them had ever run away before.

Their disappearance hit them out of the blue, the way other ISIS related incidents are popping up in the Western world. Two more turned up in tandem with the girls' runaway attempt.

On Monday, a radical convert to Islam in Canada ran down two soldiers in his car, killing one of them. Martin Rouleau Couture, 25, then led police on a chase before his car rolled into a ditch in the town of Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, southeast of Montreal.

He exited the car, and police shot him dead.

Back in July, Couture, too, had tried to join foreign jihad, and Canadian police arrested him on his way to Turkey. But they could not charge him and had to let him go.

And this week, a video turned up of a 17-year-old Australian boy standing with ISIS fighters and threatening to behead Western leaders, including President Obama, then fly the ISIS flag over the White House.

ISIS has, for an anti-Western organization, been surprisingly attractive to young recruits from the West, as well as to some young women.
    More than 100 of the foreign fighters have come from the United States, according to intelligence estimates; hundreds more from Europe, which is geographically closer to the fight.

Every week, five more people from the UK alone join ISIS, a British police commissioner said Tuesday. And that's a conservative estimate.

"We know that over 500 British nationals traveled to join the conflict," said Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe from the Metropolitan Police.

"Five a week doesn't sound much, but when you realize there are 50 weeks in a year, 250 more would be 50% more than we think have gone already," he said.

To put things into perspective, though, thousands more come from the Middle East and Africa. More than 3,000 have joined from Tunisia.

Sense of belonging

It's more than just a radical interpretation of Islam that is drawing teens to the extremely bloodthirsty militant group, a former CIA officer says.

"They're often times searching for an identity, because what the jihadis are actually pushing is a specific narrative, which is: Your people (Muslims) are being oppressed in this place called Syria; your government is doing nothing; we're the only ones who are actually going to help you out," said Aki Peritz. "Why don't you join the fight?"

Richard Barrett of The Soufan Group says many of the teens lack a sense of belonging where they live, and they believe ISIS can give it to them.

"The general picture provided by foreign fighters of their lives in Syria suggests camaraderie, good morale and purposeful activity, all mixed in with a sense of understated heroism, designed to attract their friends as well as to boost their own self-esteem," he says.

And ISIS constantly cranks the PR machine, making expert use of slick videos and social media.

Echoing back West

ISIS' global digital reach has terror experts in the United States worried about security at home as well.

There are terrorist groups in Yemen and in Syria with stated ambitions of striking on American soil, but another threat is more probable, says counterterrorism expert Matt Olsen.

"I would say the most likely types of attack is one of these homegrown violent extremists or lone offenders in the United States, and (with) the rise of ISIS and the number of people going to Syria...the likelihood does go up."

Self-styled attackers like the Boston Marathon bombers could be the result.

The use of the Internet makes terrorists more vulnerable to tracking, but that has become more difficult since Edward Snowden revealed secret U.S. surveillance programs.

Opinion: What lures Americans to Syria fight?

Girls' online activities

In Denver, the 17-year-old girl was apparently the instigator of the trip, having planned it for months, two U.S. officials said.

But all three researched the plan online, visiting websites where extremists discuss how to get to Syria. The online activity didn't set off any tripwires the FBI typically uses to flag possible jihadist sympathizers, the officials said.

The FBI is combing all of their communications to see if anyone was helping them. Their parents think ISIS was behind the trip.

Investigators are also not sure the girls had even worked out the final goal for their travel.

As was the case with the Canadian, Couture, the investigation into the travel will probably not lead to charges, especially because the girls are minors, the two U.S. officials said.

On Monday, Sheriff's Deputy Evan Driscoll visited the two girls of Somali descent in their home and had a conversation with them.

"The girls explained that they stole the $2,000 and their passports from their mother," he wrote in the runaway report.

They wouldn't tell Driscoll why they flew to Germany.

The deputy called dispatchers and had the girls' runaway listing removed.

CNN's Pamela Brown, Evan Perez, Holly Yan and Shimon Prokupecz contributed to this report.

ISIS Releases Video Featuring Awkward Australian Teen Jihadist

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/1...n_6021792.html

Cutting an odd figure as he's flanked by a squad of gun-toting fighters, a 17-year-old Australian is the centerpiece of a new video released by the Islamic State. In the clip, the teen, who has since been identified as Abdullah Elmir from southwest Sydney, rails against various world leaders in an unmistakably Aussie accent.

The video, which is about 90 seconds long, was uploaded online on Monday. It is issued in English as a direct message to the West, "especially to the people of Australia." Elmir makes threats such as putting "the black flag on top of Buckingham Palace" and "on top of the White House."

Beyond featuring the type of person you may associate more with a youth hostel than a terror group, the 90-second video is strange in other ways. It contains an odd mix of awkward edits and numerous pans over a crowd of young, shifty-eyed fighters who can't really decide which camera to look at or how to stand.

In June, Elmir told his parents that he was going on a fishing trip, but never returned. He left with a 16-year-old friend known as Feiz, who was reportedly intercepted by his father en route to Iraq, while Elmir carried on, according to The Australian Associated Press.

Elmir's parents say their son was "brainwashed," and friends described him as a normal teen.

The use of a foreign fighter as a mouthpiece, especially an English-speaking one, is consistent with previous propaganda issued by the Islamic State. Speaking with the Australian Broadcasting Corporation, terrorism expert Greg Barton said that videos like this are blatant recruitment tactics intended to lure more young foreigners.

Though Elmir's speech may seem awkward or banal to the average viewer, Barton explains that "for teenagers or 20-something young men, it’s probably quite moving."

Is it terrible that I don't feel sorry for these girls at all?? They're fucking dumbasses, what do you think is going to happen when you run away to join ISIS??? You're gonna become a rape factory and child bearers, idiots. They should have let those three Denver girls go. Good luck ladies! Have fun!

US: IS earns $1M per day in black market oil sales

http://news.yahoo.com/us-earns-1m-mo...-politics.html

WASHINGTON (AP) ? The U.S. Treasury Department says Islamic State militants are earning about $1 million a day just from black market oil sales.
    The official who leads the department's effort to undermine the group's financial strength says IS also has taken in at least $20 million in ransom payments this year from kidnappings.
    David Cohen, the Treasury undersecretary for terrorism and financial intelligence, says the group takes in several million dollars a month from wealthy donors, and from extortion rackets and other criminal activities, such as robbing banks.

Cohen says that except for state-sponsored terrorist groups, the Islamic State group is probably the best-funded terrorist organization the Treasury Department has ever confronted

Islamic State militants are amassing wealth at an unprecedented pace, earning about $1 million a month from black market oil sales alone, a Treasury Department official said Thursday.

David Cohen, who leads the department's effort to undermine the Islamic State group's financial strength, said the extremists also get several million dollars a month from wealthy donors, and from extortion rackets and other criminal activities, such as robbing banks. In addition, he said the group has taken in at least $20 million in ransom payments this year from kidnappings.

"It is difficult to get precise revenue estimates on the value to ISIL of these transactions in light of the murky nature of the market, but we estimate that beginning in mid-June, ISIL has earned approximately $1 million a day from oil sales," Cohen said, using an acronym for the group

The group wants to create a caliphate, or Islamic empire, in the Middle East. Led by Iraqi militant Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, the Islamic State group initially tried to oust Syrian President Bashar Assad, but other groups, including al-Qaida central command, turned against IS because of its brutality.

IS has captured territory across Syria and northern Iraq.

"With the important exception of some state-sponsored terrorist organizations, IS is probably the best-funded terrorist organization we have confronted," Cohen, undersecretary for terrorism and financial intelligence, said in prepared remarks for a speech at the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace.

Unlike the core al-Qaida terrorist network, IS gets only a relatively small share of funding from deep-pocket donors and therefore does not depend primarily on moving money across international borders. Instead, IS obtains the vast majority of its revenues through local criminal and terrorist activities, Cohen said.

"They rob banks. They lay waste to thousands of years of civilization in Iraq and Syria by looting and selling antiquities," he said. "They steal livestock and crops from farmers. And despicably, they sell abducted girls and women as sex slaves."

Sydney might have had it's first ISIS shooting

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/religious-...03-11g0kx.html

A man who was shot outside an Islamic prayer centre in Sydney's west was targeted as he locked up the building following a night observing the holy ritual of Ashura, one of the most important holidays for Shiite Muslims, according to a community member.

Witnesses claimed that a number of people had driven past the Husainiyah Nabi Akram*centre on Rosedale Avenue in Greenacre just hours before the shooting, chanting in Arabic that "ISIS [terrorist group Islamic State] is coming" and "ISIS will stay".

Occupants of the Islamic centre where a man was shot. Photo: Nick Moir
    Islamic State is an extremist organisation made up of Sunni jihadists and is involved in a violent conflict against Shiites and other groups in Iraq and Syria.

Rasoul Al-Musawi, a 47-year-old Iraqi Shiite religious leader at the centre, was shot in the face and shoulder as he was locking up the centre*about 1.15am on Monday.

Witnesses dragged him back into the centre and gave him first aid until paramedics arrived and took him to hospital.*He underwent surgery to remove the pellets on Monday.

Crime scene: Rosedale Avenue in Greenacre. Photo: Nick Moir
    Mr Al-Musawi's daughter, who witnessed the attack, said he "has done nothing wrong to anyone".

Jamal Daoud,*a prominent member of Sydney's Shiite community, said a group of "extremists" had been targeting Shiite Muslims trying to enter the centre to*observe Ashura, a 10-day ritual to commemorate the death of Imam Hussain, the grandson of Prophet Muhammad.

Mr Daoud claimed that a number of attacks had been carried out on the centre in recent days by extremists and "supporters of ISIS".

Rasoul Al-Musawi, the victim in the shooting outside the Islamic prayer centre. Photo: Channel Ten
    He said that about 8pm on Friday a man who was volunteering as a security guard at the centre was punched in the face by three men. Police are believed to be investigating that incident.

Sheikh Zaid Alsalami, from the Afghan-dominated Nabi Akram Islamic Centre in Granville, said worshippers at the Greenacre centre were predominately Iraqi.

He said that, a few days ago, a group started an argument about Shia-Sunni topics and told the worshippers to stop their drumming within the centre.

He said the attacks were not related to internal disputes over the running of the centre.

"The dispute over the centre would not have escalated to such a level where someone would shoot a person in front of the centre," he said.

Mr Daoud said that, earlier on Sunday night, the leader of the Islamic centre had phoned police to complain that people were driving past and making threats, including that "ISIS is coming".

*"These people have been conducting a campaign of intimidation for the past few weeks. I talk to many of the people in the community, and they're very concerned and they're very scared."

On Monday morning, police taped off the centre, which is located in an industrial area and is surrounded by warehouses and smash repairers, and were using firearms and dogs as they examined the shooting scene.

Inspector David Firth, from the Bankstown Local Area Command, said detectives were investigating whether the shots were fired from a passing vehicle.

"At this point in time it does not appear that there is any type of motivation for the shooting and ... we're following further lines of inquiry and speaking to witnesses to establish a motive for the offence," he said.

Police would not say if they were investigating whether religious tensions were believed to be behind the shooting.

Detectives have appealed for anyone with information to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or visit the Crime Stoppers online reporting page.

Sounds more like an Islamaphobic shooting or a fight between 2 groups of Muslims. (We call it gang war.) When there's a terrorist attack, you will know what it is.

As for the Australian hysteria about Muslims, all I've read about is attacks on women in hijabs. What a bunch of stupid pussies going after pregnant women and women pushing baby carriages. The real terrorists, the young men are not wearing hijabs or advertising their presence in any way. We call them sleeper cells.

Meanwhile, in the states we're talking about ISIS in Syria taking over American tanks that we gave to the Free Syrian Army. Talk about a clusterfuck.

The Islamic State will soon begin to slaughter your people in your streets': New 'Jihadi John' threat to UK and U.S. as terrorist is shown with 'severed head of American aid worker' following mass beheadings of Syrian men in horrific video
    Peter Kassig's murder not shown but a severed head said to be his is seen
    Mr Kassig was a former U.S. soldier turned aid worker in Syria
    Video also shows the graphic execution of dozens of Syrian soldiers
    Prime Minister says he's 'horrified by the cold blooded murder'
    White House says intelligence agencies are examining the video

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz3JExdQJ6V
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

James Foley - this 40-year-old American freelance photojournalist was documenting the Syrian civil war when he was snatched in November 2012 in the country's north west. His murder was shown in a video released in August.
    Steven Sotloff - an Israeli-American journalist working for both TIME and The Jerusalem Post who was kidnapped in Aleppo, Syria, in 2013. The 31-year-old's apparent beheading was shown in a video released on September 2.
    David Haines - the 44-year-old British humanitarian aid worker was taken hostage while working at a refugee camp in Idlib, Syria, near the Turkish border. His abduction only became public when he appeared in the Sotloff execution video. He was apparently killed on camera in a video released on September 13.
    Alan Henning - this volunteer aide worker from Britain, 47, had been working with Islamic charities to deliver food and water to people affected by Syria's civil war. He was abducted in the city of Al-Dana when that area fell under the control of Islamic State fighters in December 2013. A video showing his apparent murder was released on October 3.

Belgian anti-terror raid in Verviers leaves two dead
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-30840160
    Two suspected jihadists have been killed in an anti-terror operation in eastern Belgium, officials say.

Prosecutor Eric Van der Sypt said a third person had been arrested in the raid in Verviers, and no police or members of the public were harmed.

Mr Van der Sypt told reporters police had targeted a group returning from Syria who had been about to launch "large-scale" attacks.

Suspects had opened fire on police with assault weapons, he said.

Eric Van der Sypt: ''The suspects immediately started firing at the armed police officers''

"The suspects immediately and for several minutes opened fire with military weaponry and handguns on the special units of the federal police before they were neutralised," he said.

Anti-terror raids were also under way in the Brussels region, Mr Van der Sypt added.

"We still expect a number of arrests," he said.

Belgian journalist Mark Eeckhaut told the BBC the suspects had wanted to attack a police station and cause a large number of casualties.

The terror threat level in Belgium has been raised to three - the second highest, Mr Van der Sypt said.

Witnesses in Verviers reported hearing heavy gunfire for several minutes and at least three explosions.
    Witness Marylou Fletcher told the BBC: "We were going back from shopping and saw the police cars. We thought there was an accident then we heard something blowing up. We started running but did not understand what had happened. There was a lot of gunshots.

"My children cried. They are just terrified."

The area around the train station has been cordoned off and reports on social media say there is a heavy police presence in the town centre.

Verviers is in the province of Liege and has a population of about 56,000.

The incident comes a week after attacks in neighbouring France that killed 17 people.

Belgian media has reported that some of the weapons used in the attacks in Paris were bought near the Midi train station in Brussels.

However, Mr Van der Sypt said no weapons link with last week's attacks in the French capital had been established.

The attacks - on satirical newspaper Charlie Hebdo, a kosher market and police - have heightened security fears in several European countries.

In May last year, four people were killed inside the Jewish museum in Brussels. A Frenchman of Algerian descent is in custody in Belgium over the attack.

Have you seen Japan's response to ISIS threats to kill 2 Japanese hostages?

Article on their latest threats
    http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...es-jihadi-john

Japanese responses

Twitter #ISISクソコラグランプリ for more

i just don't understand their approach. are they attempting to get the entire world against them? this is what, four countries now? there are like 600 of them and 6 billion possible enemies. this is a terrible plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Damn Japan. You'd be way cool if you just stopped slaughtering whales & dolphins

Last edited by blighted star; 01-22-2015 at 06:58 AM.

I thought this picture would speak for itself.

The gruesome images emerged on social media showing eight men - some of whom were in military fatigues - hanging from their feet in the Iraqi city of Hawija. An ISIS fighter believed to be Abu Al-Rahman poses triumphantly in one of the pictures - giving the one-fingered salute as a bloodied victim hangs behind him. A shocking video released in February showed orange-clad captives being paraded in cages in the same city of Hawija. ISIS are allegedly trying to adopt it as their new headquarters as US troops train Iraqi soldiers to retake their stronghold of Mosul.

More pictures at the link.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ets-cages.html

Thread Information