Thread: Renae Micallef (36) died from an overdose and her infant son survived after being alone with her dead body for five days

Renae Micallef (36) died from an overdose and her infant son survived after being alone with her dead body for five days

http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/s...-house/?cs=298

Police are investigating the discovery of a woman's body and a critically ill baby at Woonona on Tuesday afternoon. Picture: CHRISTOPHER CHAN

An eight-month-old baby was taken to hospital in a critical condition on Tuesday after his mother was found dead in a house in Woonona. It?s believed the woman, aged in her 30s, may have died several days ago, leaving the baby on its own. Police were called to the distressing scene in Cotterill Avenue about 2pm after receiving a call from the public about the welfare of those in the house. Wollongong police established a crime scene, and are investigating how and when the mother died.

Police believe there are no suspicious circumstances. Neighbours spoken to by the Mercury said they didn?t know what had happened. One said the woman kept to herself. Beyond the police tape around the Department of Housing property *where the woman?s body was found, a pram and the shell of a wooden cot sat in the driveway. A group of young boys milled around in front, curiously wondering what had happened inside. About 4.30pm, as neighbours watched, men in suits quietly carried a body bag into a white station wagon.

A distressed woman stopped her car in the street, worriedly asking who was involved and bursting into tears as police appeared to confirm her fears.

The death of a woman whose body was discovered in her home near Wollongong, south of Sydney, on Tuesday afternoon is not being treated as suspicious.? Also found was her critically ill eight-month-old baby boy, who police now have high hopes of?survival?for after he was rushed to Wollongong Hospital. Police were called to a house in Cotterill Avenue in Woonona after concerns for welfare about 2pm where the body of a woman, aged in her 30s, was found inside the home.

A police spokesman told Daily Mail Australia the woman's death is not being treated as suspicious. The spokesman also said the baby is in better health that initially thought and is suffering from non life-threatening injuries. Police from Wollongong Local Area Command have established a crime scene and are in the early stages of investigating the circumstances surrounding the death. At this stage, it is still unclear exactly when the woman died. A post-mortem examination will be conducted to establish the exact cause and time of her death.
    Shitty old fibro Housing Comission. What a place to go : (
    Last edited by blighted star; 09-17-2014 at 05:30 AM.

Do you mean the house? So glad someone made that welfare check call and that baby will be ok. Hope he has family to care for him.

Oops, yeah. Housing Comission are the low income government funded places. In the 60's & 70's they built lots of "estates" that turned into pretty shitty places to grow up. Woonoona would've been better than Sydney's western suburbs because it at least has a beach, but still, those houses are rarely anything but an ugly depressing sight.

Senior Member UncomfortablyNumb's Avatar
    If they are saying her death isn't suspicious I wonder if they are thinking she killed herself? How sad for that baby that was left all alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    She transitioned from a stupid asshole to a dumb bitch.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UncomfortablyNumb View Post
    If they are saying her death isn't suspicious I wonder if they are thinking she killed herself? How sad for that baby that was left all alone.
    I was thinking the same. Either suicide or accidental overdose, I would think
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I was thinking the same. Either suicide or accidental overdose, I would think
    Or she could've had a medical condition and died from that. I guess I would just hope that if she were going to kill herself, and not take her baby's life beforehand, she would've made sure the baby would be safe, instead of letting the baby lay there and possibly die of starvation and dehydration.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Yeah, I would be more inclined to believe she was sick or accidentally overdosed.

Overdose.

For up to five days and nights baby Dylan Micallef lay alone in his home after his mother died of a suspected drug overdose.

But despite being in a critical condition when police found him earlier this week, the eight-month-old has made an amazing recovery.

Baby Dylan's heartbreaking plight came to light on Tuesday when officers forced their way into the home of his mother Renae Micallef.

Once inside the housing commission property at Woonona, near Wollongong in NSW, police found Renae dead from a suspected drug overdose. According to reports, Dylan was lying underneath his mother, alive but in a critical condition.

Dylan was taken to nearby Wollongong Hospital but was later transferred to Sydney Children's Hospital in Randwick where he is continuing his incredible journey back to health. According to police, the baby boy is now in a stable condition and is expected to make a good recovery.

Neighbours have told of their shock at Renae's death, saying the 36-year-old mother seemed to be getting her life back on track following a motorcycle accident which left her with chronic pain and an addiction to pain killers.

The mother was last seen on Thursday, September 11 - five days before she was found dead.

"She'd come back from a shopping spree with lots of bags, all things for the baby," a neighbour who did not want to be identified told Daily Mail Australia.

"We knew she'd had problems, but she looked really happy. That's the last time we saw her."

Visitors knocked on the door of Renae's home on Thursday afternoon, but after receiving no answer they left a note under the door. Police were then alerted on Tuesday when Renae was still not answering the door and had not responded to the note.

Daily Mail Australia reports Renae also had two daughters, aged 13 and 15, who lived with her mother.

In a tribute on Facebook following Renae's death one of the girls wrote: "RIP to the most beautiful, strongest woman I know, my mother. I never got to tell you I love you."

A local shopkeeper said she bonded with Renae because they both had sons around the same age

"(She) had a very hard life and bad things in the past, but it was looking good now ... she was a lovely mother," the shopkeeper told Daily Mail Australia.

It is believed Dylan's grandmother has visited him as he recovers in hospital.

That's really sad. She was weirdly trying to care for him.

Last edited by blighted star; 09-18-2014 at 09:05 PM.

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    It may just be me, but those pictures while innocent, look creepy. I'm glad the babies ok. Things like this makes me wonder about metaphysical things that can't be answered.

Where they don't have maps.......such as..
    Right?! Looks like WWE trying to drown a baby in a bathtub in the first one especially.
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star
    I was about to be annoyed that this thread was still active, but I see now it's morphed into offers of sex for chilli confectionary, so carry on guys :)

What a beautiful baby. So sad.

speaking of suicide and babies... i heard a report on the news last night about a murder/suicide where they found the 7 month baby unharmed. luckily, someone found them pretty quickly. probably a neighbor heard the shot or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    uh-uh. this one: http://www.ocregister.com/articles/p...az-couple.html
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Yuk. How many?

I can't believe this poor little guy was trapped under a dead body for 5 days.

SO glad it wasn't summer. 5 days in a shitty fibro in 104F & higher doesn't bear thinking about.

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    Yuk. How many?

I can't believe this poor little guy was trapped under a dead body for 5 days.

SO glad it wasn't summer. 5 days in a shitty fibro in 104F & higher doesn't bear thinking about.
    The fluids alone would drown him. Disgusting.

They only said "overdose" but it had to be accidental, right? She fell asleep on top of him and gone. I didn't realize he was under her. I pictured him in a crib just neglected. It's a miracle he didn't suffocate.

That baby is precious, but those hands scared the crap out of me!

Thread Information