Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Jesse Matthew aka LJ (32) allegedly murdered Hannah Graham (18) before dumping her remains on an abandoned property

Quote Originally Posted by Missinginaction View Post
    So what's up with finding the cab Matthews was driving five years ago on a farm? The cab he was driving the night Morgan went missing. Very strange
    Isn't that something? I had not heard that bit of info, but I found an article.

http://wtvr.com/2014/10/09/exclusive...gton-vanished/

EXCLUSIVE: Jesse Matthew was working as taxi driver night Morgan Harrington vanished

(Oct. 9, 2014) CHARLOTTESVILLVE, Va. ? Sources confirm that at least two local cab employees have informed federal and state investigators that Jesse Matthew Jr. ? the man behind bars for the abduction of missing University of Virginia student Hannah Graham ? was working as a cab driver the night murdered Virginia Tech student Morgan Harrington disappeared.

As CBS 6 News reporter Laura French first reported that forensic evidence also links Matthew to Harrington on the night she vanished, French has also learned that investigators have interviewed at least 20 other cab employees from around Charlottesville to learn more about that October night as they did after Harrington went missing after leaving the John Paul Jones Arena on Oct. 17, 2009.

Sources said Jesse Matthew was one of the cab drivers on the road that night five years ago.

Career cab Driver Melvin Carter, who knew Matthew, said he reached out to investigators five years ago after being questioned about local cab companies.

"Everything is starting to add up everything is starting to add up," Carter said. "I asked which taxi cab she got into they said, 'Yes, she did jump into a taxi cab that night before last being seen alive.'"

Sources also confirmed that the cab that Matthew drove in 2009 was seized by authorities from a farm two weeks ago as part of their active investigation.

"He could have made an impression on her. Because what I heard from her mental state, she was upset. So she may have found someone who was loving and trusting and comfort her," Carter said.

Those close to Matthew in 2009 when Harrington disappeared, told CBS 6 News that they informed investigators that they would joke with their former co-worker that he resembled a sketch of the man linked to a 2005 rape in Fairfax ? and the man linked to Harrington. They said Matthew would at times brush it off. But at other times, they said Matthew would get visibly upset and disappear for hours.

Dan Harrington, Morgan Harrington's father, said he is encouraged by this latest possible break, but said that the news is still bittersweet since his daughter was murdered.

But the family has been waiting for this, and as more pieces of the puzzle are coming together, that opens more doors as investigators build their case to find justice for his daughter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Not your business View Post
    I will out think the fucking pants off of you and you would thank me for helping you out of them.

Still don't understand how a cab could go missing for five years and turn up on a farm?

I think they found her, y'all. There was supposed to be a press conference at 5:30, but it's been delayed for a few minutes. The definitely found somebody.
    Quote Originally Posted by Not your business View Post
    I will out think the fucking pants off of you and you would thank me for helping you out of them.

Quote Originally Posted by TupeloHoney View Post
    I think they found her, y'all. There was supposed to be a press conference at 5:30, but it's been delayed for a few minutes. The definitely found somebody.

Yes they did. It came up in the Breaking News section for me. Her parents have already been notified.

http://www.wlwt.com/national/remains...earch/29215872

This article makes it very clear that's its most likely her. She was found on Old Lynchburg Road.

http://myfox8.com/2014/10/18/267180/
    Last edited by bermstalker; 10-18-2014 at 02:26 PM.

Cops: Remains may be those of missing UVa. student

http://news.yahoo.com/cops-remains-m...220523062.html

CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. (AP) ? Searchers found human remains on Saturday that could be those of a University of Virginia sophomore who has been missing since Sept. 13, police said.
    Further forensic tests are needed to confirm whether the remains are those of Hannah Graham, Charlottesville Police Chief Tim Longo told a news conference. The remains were found on an abandoned property in southern Albemarle County by a search team from the Chesterfield County Sheriff's Office, Longo said.

Thousands of volunteers had searched for the 18-year-old Graham in the weeks since her disappearance.

Jesse Leroy Matthew Jr., 32, has been charged with abduction with intent to defile Graham.

A week after Graham went missing, Longo publicly described Matthew in detail without naming him, saying investigators wanted to talk to the "person of interest" and had searched his apartment because he was the last person to see her.

Matthew then showed up at police headquarters, asked for a lawyer, and then sped away, according to a police account. His exit prompted a warrant for "reckless driving," a charge that Longo cited as he named the suspect and appealed for information from anyone who saw him with Graham the night she disappeared.

Matthew was arrested a few days later in Galveston, Texas.

While Matthew was a fugitive in Texas, Virginia police added a charge of abduction with intent to defile, a violent felony that under Virginia law compels suspects to submit to DNA testing.

Very quickly thereafter, Virginia State Police announced a "forensic link" to the 2009 killing of Morgan Harrington, whose body was found in a hayfield three months after she vanished. That case, in turn, has been linked by DNA evidence since 2012 to the rape of a woman in Fairfax, Virginia, who survived after a passer-by startled her attacker, the FBI has said.

Following his arrest, Christopher Newport University released a statement noting that Matthew was named in a police file involving a Sept. 7, 2003 sexual assault on the Newport News campus. Matthew was a student there from January 2003 through Oct. 15, 2003.

Matthew had transferred to CNU after three years at Liberty University, where he also was briefly on the football team.

When he was at Liberty University, he was accused of raping a student on campus. That charge was dropped when the person declined to move forward with prosecution, Lynchburg Commonwealth's Attorney Michael Doucette said.

Senior Member UncomfortablyNumb's Avatar
    I just saw this on my newsfeed. I knew it was coming, but still sad.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    She transitioned from a stupid asshole to a dumb bitch.

It's not the outcome I was hoping for, but one I expected. I'm glad her family will at least have some closure and be able to lay their beautiful daughter to rest.

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    I guess his trip to Texas was one last bit of fun before the dp. It's over with for him!

Yes. As horrible as it must be to have a loved on murdered, the wondering about the missing must be even worse.
    Some of my cousins had a great uncle who disappeared. He's been gone for 60 years now and the family is still wondering what happened to him. His parents waited for him to come back for the rest of their lives.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Even tho we all knew it was her..here is an article that says it was confirmed that it was her. The body even had the same clothes on.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-old-home.html

Senior Member UncomfortablyNumb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    Yes. As horrible as it must be to have a loved on murdered, the wondering about the missing must be even worse.
    Some of my cousins had a great uncle who disappeared. He's been gone for 60 years now and the family is still wondering what happened to him. His parents waited for him to come back for the rest of their lives.
    I agree with you. I think the not knowing would drive me literally crazy.
    She transitioned from a stupid asshole to a dumb bitch.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    So true, and so sad. This reminds me of the case that happened where I grew up in Virginia...Cassandra Hailey and Richard Keith Call. His parents died not knowing what happened to him. Sucks... That has got to be my worst fear.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

Fairfax county just indicted Matthews for 2005 incident.

"Capital" murder?

Quote Originally Posted by hamdinger125 View Post
    "Capital" murder?
    It's another way of saying first degree.

I wonder why no charges have been made on the Morgan Harrington case? Fairfax indicted him.

I wonder why no charges have been made on the Morgan Harrington case? Fairfax indicted him.
    They won't want to charge him until they're positive they can make it to the next step and not have charges dismissed based on lack of evidence.

Hopefully they will have enough evidence to charge him. I live in cville and work at UVA. My heart hurts for his mom as I understand she has gone into hiding as the media is hounding her. So sad for everyone

Rip Hannah

Authorities confirm body is U-Va. student Hannah Graham

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/...c67_story.html

CHARLOTTESVILLE ? The body found on an abandoned property outside of Charlottesville has been confirmed as the remains of University of Virginia sophomore Hannah Graham, bringing a grim close to a nearly six-week-long search for the 18-year-old from Fairfax County. >>>>

The man suspected of abducting University of Virginia student Hannah Graham will be considered for a psychiatric evaluation.
    Jesse Matthew, 32, appeared in Fairfax County Circuit Court today via video link for an unrelated rape case dating back to 2005.
    Addressing the prosecutor, his attorney James Camblos said he had reason to question Matthew's sanity.

The judge took no immediate action on Camblos' request for a psychiatric evaluation at the arraignment on Friday morning but will address it at a later date.
    Matthew is charged in Fairfax with abduction with intent to defile, attempted capital murder and sexual penetration in connection with a September 2005 assault on a 26-year-old woman in Fairfax City.
    He is charged in Charlottesville with the abduction of Graham with the intent to defile, but is not yet facing murder charges.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz3Ho0c1wBc
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I can see perhaps playing the IQ card but not insanity

I can see perhaps playing the IQ card but not insanity
    iq card, huh? wasn't he a long time college student that worked as a medical assistant at one point? something like that. he worked at a hospital.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Thread Information