Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Wanpen Inyai (65) ended her life by jumping into a Crocodile pit

Quote Originally Posted by SuchAClassicGirl View Post
    Yup..lots of pics if you click on the image search. I felt like the description could have sounded awesome (as it was) or like a cheesy tourist trap.

ETA: they were inside Nic..the majority of the restaurant was lit by candlelight and you walked across a bridge over the crocs to be seated either on the "wharf" or on the pirate ships which had seats overlooking the jazz trio that played or in one of the "private cabins" where you're tucked away watching the trio. The butter seat was the "lighthouse" which overlooked the entire restaurant. It was a very cool set up.
    You had to walk OVER them? Don't they sometimes jump? I'm guessing there was never any incidents....I mean, they didn't close because someone got hurt or anything?

It seems like a cool place to go but I would be terrified being there the whole time. Plus, doesn't it smell? I don't know if I could eat food while crocs were in a closed building with me, with yucky water.

But I gotta admit, the idea is pretty awesome. I've never heard of anything like it before.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Where they don't have maps.......such as..
    Haha nah Throckmortan was like 80 with 6 teeth sticking straight out of his mouth. The other 2, can't remember their names were slightly smaller..one was a female and the other a young male. Let me look to see if I can find a pic of the set up...and lol no you didn't STEP over them...you walked over a bridge. The coolest part was that, being there during the day when the place was closed, I got to watch them feed them. If you were a customer though, and were seen dropping food off the side of your table to the crocs (and people tried...a lot) you were thrown (out and down a very dark alley...) by the manager Steve who I swore was mafia affiliated

Eta: female croc was named Izzy. It just came to me
    Last edited by SuchAClassicGirl; 09-19-2014 at 01:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star
    I was about to be annoyed that this thread was still active, but I see now it's morphed into offers of sex for chilli confectionary, so carry on guys :)

Ok...warning..pic heavy lol

Entrance during day..from the back and from the front

At night:

Front door and grave of Throckmortan the 1st. Restaurant opened in 1970 I think and Dante's brought these Caymans over

The "wharf" side

Last edited by SuchAClassicGirl; 09-19-2014 at 01:27 PM.

Taken from upstairs on the wharf..... of the ship. The area behind the tables between them and the ship is the moat where the critters live (they had a couple huge turtles too). Must be an ad pic because it's never that light in there. I'd say they swam more under your table than right up next to it but there was a good 8-10 feet between the wharf and the ship.

The smallest of the 3. Male. The female was a mean bitch. T-2 was just old and crotchety but he was BIG so that brought people in. This is near the front door where it has less water and more rocks they sit on

On board the ship (extra $3.00 per person...ETA: lmao yeah in 1999. Apparently it went as high as $9) This would have been taken from a table on the "rail" which was upper deck overlooking the trio

Tables on the "rail" and the lighthouse. Pics don't do tis place justice.

Dante

And finally, downstairs where the bathrooms were. I always got spooked down there by myself

Phew. I'm beat doing this on the ipad. /wine
    Last edited by SuchAClassicGirl; 09-19-2014 at 05:20 PM. Reason: Ggrrr image allowances
    I was about to be annoyed that this thread was still active, but I see now it's morphed into offers of sex for chilli confectionary, so carry on guys :)

Holy shit I found one! Throckmortan! This was when he had a couple teeth on the left. Shit stuck out like an Australian inbred on the right

This place is just as cool as I was picturing.

And Throckmortan is huge. Living dinosaurs are so cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

Now I remember why I didn't like the bathroom/downstairs!

Now let’s take that into the bathroom. I’m out at an antique auction in Commerce, California. I’d already drawn the plans and we’d already started the building. I’d gone to a restaurant with a group of guys who have chain restaurants, the Chart House, the Steak and Ale and so forth. I’m in the bathroom washing my hands after attending to business and looking in the mirror, as males like to do, wondering why they aren’t getting more dates. All of a sudden the lights go up over my head and a light comes on behind the mirror I’m looking into, and there sits a naked, elderly woman, topless with a crystal ball, winking at me. Well, I’ve had just enough wine that I believed it, so I’m hitting myself in the head as the light goes off and wondering if am I hallucinating. I go out of the door, come back in and the same thing happens again. I say, wow, what a neat idea. So I quickly run to the phone, wake up my builder and say “I know you’re on the lower bathroom level. Where are you in the structure?” “Well, I just finished closing in the mens room and the ladies room will be done tomorrow,” he says. I say, “don’t close in the last wall. I’ve got an idea.”

Mark Twain is one of several famous wax figures you may encounter at Dante's. Photo credit: ATLRetro.com.
    Have you been to the bathroom? Have you met Aunt Agatha? Well, she is a Madame Tussaud wax figure, ugly as sin. I had an actress do the first set of voiceovers, and then when [Agatha] got wet in our fire, I had it redone by one of my staff. There are seven speeches that she gives where she makes fun of the women. That has really become the most popular singular thing in the restaurant. People remember Aunt Agatha more than anything else. I have to be careful with children, though. Different personalities react differently to the witch, and if the child screams and is really scared, we let them use the handicapped bathroom obviously. That’s the only problem that comes up.
    Snipped from this article: http://atlretro.com/tag/dante-stephensen/

Quote Originally Posted by Shins View Post

Seriously...I remember Dante offending me but had forgotten what a cool man he was...he lived in a train car!

Dante Stephensen lights his pipe in The Survivor, the 87-year-old luxury rail car he calls home. It is packed with memories of his four decades at Dante's Down the Hatch, the iconic restaurant scheduled to close in July.

Why did he offend you?

And why did they close?

(Sorry Wanpen, your thread has been hijacked)
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

Yeah I checked out the pics yesterday when I googled it. I was just trying ti picture how far the cros were to where the people were. How far down are they from where people are walking?

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Now I remember why I didn't like the bathroom/downstairs!

Snipped from this article: http://atlretro.com/tag/dante-stephensen/
    So wait, he would have scary old women scare the crap (maybe literally) out of people in the bathroom??? What would happen, exactly?

Seriously SACG, I'm jealous you got to work there.

The coolest restaurant I worked at was Texas Roadhouse

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Why did he offend you?

And why did they close?

(Sorry Wanpen, your thread has been hijacked)
    He hit on me. Hard. And I think he just got too old. And yeah I paid some respects to Wanpen when posting all those pics

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    So wait, he would have scary old women scare the crap (maybe literally) out of people in the bathroom??? What would happen, exactly?
    It was a wax figure in a box in the wall..when you were washing your hands she lit up and spoke. It's been 15 years but I remember it like one of those fortune teller mannequins in the glass cases but scarier. Lemme see if I can find a pic of it

it's a shame that he didn't just sell or let someone take over. i can't imagine that a place like that would have trouble getting customers. it would be my favorite place to be if i lived there.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Crocs or alligators? I'm confused. Sometimes I lose it & can't the tell the difference anymore. This is one of those days. (you guys have both species so I kind of have an excuse)

ETA & that place is mad cool. It reminds me of my exes art room (minus the large predatory reptiles)
    Last edited by blighted star; 09-19-2014 at 07:01 PM.

n/m totally wrong.
    Last edited by animosity; 09-19-2014 at 07:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Crocs. But when I look at the reviews before it closed...I see WHY it closed. I worked there in 1999. Reviews from 2010 + mention overpricing and funky conditions.

We have Crocs? I had to look, they're only in south coastal Florida, they can't stand the cold. Alligators live in fresh and brackish water in the south eastern states.

Okay, I'm safe up here in the mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by The Crone View Post
    We have Crocs? I had to look, they're only in south coastal Florida, they can't stand the cold. Alligators live in fresh and brackish water in the south eastern states.

Okay, I'm safe up here in the mountains.
    Lol. Me too. They're all up the Top End.

Except for this guy 20 mins away from our house (posted this elsewhere but can't be bothered looking to link it)

If you look behind the croc, you'll see water. When you walk around that metal fence to the water, the front wall is like a giant fishtank.

I love the way the entire crowd screams - then immediately run to the tank window to watch through the glass knowing that croc feeding time =

1. Bite

2. Drag into water

3. Crocodile roll/drown victim

4. Season & enjoy.

Also ... Yay! We made it onto Tomo!! & they did one of their shitty animations - I love them.

ETA even Tomo can't make Shoalhaven as cool as where SACG worked though

#jealous (except for the sleazy boss part)
    Last edited by blighted star; 09-19-2014 at 09:49 PM.

So apparently this was the 3rd suicide by croc at this place
    http://www.aintnowaytogo.com/suicideByCroc.htm

What a fucking horrid way to go! I'll choose carbon monoxide for 1000, Alex!

And I found this video of the place. While most of it could be seen as entertainment, I was actually cursing out loud during the elephant show. I can't imagine how much damage that does to the back/spine of an elephant to make it walk upright and what kind of torture do they put the animals through to get this desired result? Sorry..I'm reading The One and Only Ivan to my students each week and I'm a little emotional about it

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    That place looks SO cool @Classic Girl! Awesome :)
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

And back to my old job sorry but now I've become interested in digging up history about the place.

Here's a video...fairly recent and mostly about the jazz but Dante mentions Paul Mitchell who was performing there when I worked there.

ETA: as cool as it was...the food was not nearly as good as The Melting Pot which I worked at as well...2 different Atlanta locations for over 3 years. I like the fondue experience I guess. When I left TMP before moving back to Va and going to grad school, I grabbed a steel pot and liner and still have it and use it. I whip up cheese (Swiss AND cheddar) and chocolate when we have people over.
    Last edited by SuchAClassicGirl; 09-20-2014 at 10:44 AM.

Senior Member UncomfortablyNumb's Avatar
    Fondue is soooooo good.
    She transitioned from a stupid asshole to a dumb bitch.

HA. I love this place. You never know which way a thread is going to go.

I'm jealous of SACG's job.

And back to my old job sorry but now I've become interested in digging up history about the place.

Here's a video...fairly recent and mostly about the jazz but Dante mentions Paul Mitchell who was performing there when I worked there.

ETA: as cool as it was...the food was not nearly as good as The Melting Pot which I worked at as well...2 different Atlanta locations for over 3 years. I like the fondue experience I guess. When I left TMP before moving back to Va and going to grad school, I grabbed a steel pot and liner and still have it and use it. I whip up cheese (Swiss AND cheddar) and chocolate when we have people over.
    So you're saying it's worse than bad?

Thread Information