Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: William Tyrrell, 3, Missing From His Grandma's Front Verandah, Mid North Coast NSW

Edit : if you've come to this thread via websleuths don't bother searching for mention of a plump woman approaching children

The person who linked this thread for you is mistaken

There is mention of a man & a woman in a car approaching kids but she wasn't described as "plump" & it was far from Kendall.

But you will find mention of comments that were made on the very first police missing persons alert for William on the NSW Police fb pg, about a truck driver who saw a large woman acting suspiciously by a road the day William went missing.

The date on that post is 18 Sept 2014, 6 days after he went missing

(it's on the first page of the thread)

There's rumours flying around Port Macquarie that he & his older sister are being fostered & that's why the parents aren't doing any media - it's some sort of legal/privacy act requirement.

It's nothing more than a rumour at this point but might explain why the media aren't running the usual scrum in the front yard trying to get pix & quotes. Searchers say both parents have been out looking too so it's highly unusual that no-one's snapped shots of them out & about. Unheard of really. It would also explain FACS involvement.

There were comments yesterday saying on the local emergency alert page along the lines of "if you're close to the search you'll know why they're not doing media & nothing more needs to be said". Last night I couldn't think of anything that would explain it, but this would.

It's still pretty cold out at night. NSW Police have said outright now that at this point his only hope of survival is abduction. : (
    Last edited by blighted star; 11-24-2021 at 05:30 PM.

Do you think its possible something happened to him at the house? And thanks for all the updates blighted star.

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    People were saying "why does he have a bruise!!" "hmm, a bruised eye" "Keisha 2.0" etc & she posted very early on (I think the first day when peoplle were pretty optimistic about finding him) to say it was a long time ago & happened at daycare - which would be easy enough for police to confirm.

He looks a lot chubbier & younger in the bruise pic. & he looks clean, happy & very well cared for in all the others, so I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt. My son was totally not a rough & tumble kid & ended up with a black eye & stitches at 3 (tripped on a rug & went face first into a huge teak wall unit on our way out the door to preschool) so it can happen right in front of you no matter how well you supervise.

It's a bit of a worry seeing comments that the sniffer dogs didn't get called in until day 4 (monday) & it was only people posting in the threads that hunted down Barry Port's ph no & then found a group of NSW trackers when they found out Barry was away until wednesday (& he's from 1000's of kms away anyhow) so they couldn't have been there til Tues or Wed at the earliest - after 300 adults in "strong footwear" had already been stomping for 5 days all over any possible signs left by a little 3 yr old.

There was a comment that someone talked to an interstate truck driver at a servo who said he saw "a large woman acting suspiciously" by a car on the side of the road the first day. He reckoned he called 000 but they weren't interested because they were sure William just wandered off. I hope the guy's not in W.A or something now with no idea that now they do want reports of suspicious activity.

The guy asking for directions is definitely weird. If he visited someone in the street surely they'd have spoken up by now. The only other legitimate reason he could have for needing directions to William's nana's exact street is if there's a public entry to Kendall State Forest in the street. Otherwise you have to wonder if this was planned by someone with prior knowledge that William would be at his grandmother's address

ETA found the mum's post

Doesn't actually say it happened at daycare, just that the photo was taken there. It also says it's weeks old when I thought it must be much older, so ignore half of what I said up top.
    In the mom's post, she spells it "Tyrrell" but everywhere else it is spelled "Tyrell" - If that really is the mom who posted then it should be spelled with two r's.

Just something I noticed

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

It's always possible something happened at the house - look at the shit we have all over MDS, but almost all the people who are local seem to be shutting down rumours pretty quickly. Usually it's the opposite - small group of defenders & a larger group that starts to question the parents story. It doesn't seem to be happening that way here.

I've also found a couple of local posts saying the sniffer dogs were there the first day & his scent was lost at the top of the driveway, not that there was "no scent at all" as has been widely reported. (& if it was inaccurate, reporting it as "no scent at all" was a shitty thing to do because that's the kind of crap that starts rumours)

Other comments say he was playing with his 5 yr old sister. She went in to use the toilet, came back & he was gone - there were people searching up & down the street within 6 mins

(but this is all unconfirmed fb posts)

Also, turns out the media made a bit of an assumption (who'd have guessed). There is a tracker who's come up from Gosford with his dog to help, but he's not an Aboriginal tracker. He did find new prints that got the police focused on a new areas yesterday though & the Australian Missing Persons page have good things to say about him

This is his fb - it has very occasional search updates

https://m.facebook.com/jake.cassar.75?_rdr

ETA - there was a comment on NSW police along the lines of "where did people get the idea he was a foster child? He was with his biological mother & sister" - of course though, this is another fb post & carries as much weight as the foster care comments did
    Last edited by blighted star; 10-03-2014 at 06:46 AM.

Just found this. The family are out there, media are seeing them, but they're not sticking cameras in their faces. If even the media are approaching this respectfully then I'd say everyone's pretty sure this is real & bad

http://www.portnews.com.au/story/255...ng-at-kendall/

Our reporter on the scene says the terrain is very rugged and the search area is large. Several lines of people are searching the dense bushland, looking behind rocks and in drains. He estimates as many as 100 people are involved in the search. He has also joined one of the search lines.

"When you see the look on the faces of the family, you can't help but join the search and do what you can," he said

Weird. If it's not linked it has to be a really shitty prank. This was local so I doubt anyone's got kids wearing them up there at the moment. Everyone would want to stop mistaken identity & extra calls to 000 wasting resources.

http://www.news.com.au/national/nsw-...-1227059796867

There were hopes of a breakthrough yesterday when a member of the public found a Spiderman suit in a park in Port Macquarie, similar to the one William was wearing when he went missing. Officers rushed to the scene, about 40km northeast of Kendall, but concluded that the suit did not match.

The house he disappeared from is shown in these articles. If he's really been abducted he could be anywhere. The Pacific highway is miles & miles of thick, thick semi-tropical bush. It heads down to Sydney & up to the QLD border - he could be in QLD. There are national parks, state forests, crown land, huge isolated private properties, massive lakes, mountain ranges, miles of beaches & roads that turn inland & head straight out to northwestern & central western NSW (red dust country). If someone wanted to hide him forever they picked a good place to do it.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/police-sto...19-10j9tj.html

Police have returned to the street where a three year-old boy vanished on the NSW mid north coast last week in the hope of speaking to passers-by who may recall seeing someone suspicious. Drivers were stopped at the turn-off to Benaroon Drive in Kendall about 10.30am on Friday, the same time William Tyrell went missing a week ago, in a case police have described as one of the most baffling missing persons mysteries they have encountered.

William was last seen playing in his grandmother's backyard, wearing a Spider-Man suit.

Police at a command post outside the home of William Tyrell's grandmother. Photo: Kate Geraghty

Police believe he was running around the semi-rural home playing games with his older sister when he vanished without a trace. His grandmother, who was in the yard, didn't see or hear anything. Neighbours saw no suspicious cars in the dead-end street. After eight days of searching, there has been no sign of the boy in the dense bushland surrounding Kendall.

Bikes lean against the wall of the home of William Tyrell's grandmother. Photo: Kate Geraghty

Superintendent Paul Fehon said police were desperate for any leads and hoped someone might remember seeing something as they drove past Benaroon Drive last Friday. One driver who was pulled over at the police road block on Friday told officers about a black Camry that a truck driver had noticed in the area several times last Friday. It is believed the information had already been canvassed by police and discounted.

"We would be eager to get anything," Superintendent Fehon said. "We want a new starting point, we really do." He said William's parents and grandmother were doing it "very tough" as the one-week anniversary passed on Friday with no clues as to what happened to William.

There have been no traces, footprints, threads of clothing, sightings or possible motives. Crews continued an "evidence-based search" on Friday, scouring forest that would be too far for William to walk to but where he could have been "assisted to" by a kidnapper in a car. They have been told to look for anything that could be discarded from a car such as rubbish or William's clothing.

Superintendent Fehon said Strike Force Rosann detectives were scouring through hundreds of pieces of information from the public, including possible sightings, CCTV footage and information about people who may have been in the area last Friday. However, he said no credible leads had been identified. "Someone must have known something," he said.

(It seems that as terrible & offensive as we are, mods at certain other "more victim friendly & appropriate" forums have already had to remove 4 pages of their members posts about William's case. Nice.)
    Last edited by blighted star; 10-03-2014 at 06:47 AM.

Sorry for all the bumps but hmm, just now on NSW Police fb

https://www.facebook.com/nswpoliceforce?ref=ts

NSW Four girls approached - south west of Tweed Heads Friday, 19 September 2014 12:56:46 PM Police are appealing for witnesses after four girls were approached while playing at a school, south west of Tweed Heads yesterday. About 2pm (Thursday 18 September 2014), four girls, aged between 7 and 9, were playing on a field at a school on Fawcett Street, Tumbulgum, south west of Tweed Heads. A white sedan approached the fence line of the school with a man and woman inside. The man got out of the car and called to the girls.

The girls ran inside and told the principal, police were contacted. Officers from Tweed/Byron Local Area Command attended and commenced an investigation. Investigators would like to speak to anyone who may have witnessed the incident or has any further information. The man was described as slim build, about 40-years-old, black short hair, black shorts, black tee-shirt, black jacket and glasses. The woman was described as having blonde/brown hair and was wearing an orange dress. Police are urging anyone with information about this incident to call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or use the Crime Stoppers online reporting page

After a bunch of "pfft they were probably asking directions" type comments (because I'm sure the police would bother posting an alert if there was any chance that's all it was) there was this comment

My child attends this school & given a recent similar scenario in the village of Tumbulgum which was clearly an attempt to take a child from their front yard, I commend the girls for the way they reacted and do not think it was an over reaction in any way. As a mother I will take every precaution possible to ensure the safety of my children & know that the staff at the school also do the same. As Karyn said a general store, takeaway & pub are only about 100m away so why go to a school and ask a child under the age of 10 for directions when there are plenty of adults close by. Just remember there is always more to a story than what is put in the media, so perhaps it's a little naive to think that this is just an innocent incident.

Kendall's at the bottom near Port Macquarie, Tweed Heads is at the top - same stretch of the nth coast/Pacific Hwy.

ETA I should probably add that while NSW has a higher stranger abduction rate than the Australian average, it's still exceedingly rare compared to many other countries

http://www.bocsar.nsw.gov.au/bocsar/..._mr_cjb94.html

This is from the Bureau of Statistics in 2006 but rates haven't chaged much

( this is for the whole country)

Release Date: Monday, 4 September 2006 * Although incidents of abduction/kidnapping are relatively infrequent compared with other types of crime, the recorded rate of kidnapping/abduction in NSW is markedly higher than that in other States. In 2004, for example (the most recent year for which inter-state comparisons can be made), the recorded rate of kidnapping/abduction in NSW was 6.9 per 100,000 of population, compared with an Australian rate of 3.8 per 100,000 of population

<<snipped>>
    In the six-month period examined, five children under the age of 15 were abducted for sexual reasons. One of them was aged less than 10. A stranger abducted two of the children but the other two were abducted by someone known to them (in one case the relationship was unknown).
    Last edited by blighted star; 09-19-2014 at 12:31 AM.

Found this to back up that post re prior attempts but I wish I hadn't

http://m.tweeddailynews.com.au/news/...eback/2322780/

ALICIA Morgan was horrified when a child was almost abducted around the corner from her children's school. On June 9, a four-year-old boy was approached by an unknown man outside his Tumbulgum home. The following Wednesday, a similar thing happened to a nine-year-old Murwillumbah girl

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/...-1226953447823

(Tumbulgum is further up the coast near Tweed Heads. It's not one of the bigger urban centres where you might expect more of this sort of thing. It's a tiny bush town of about 300-400 - just like Kendall)
    Last edited by blighted star; 09-19-2014 at 10:11 AM.

Same thing happened to me when I was in elementary school. Me and a few friends were playing on the blacktop (there is a chain link fence that separates the blacktop we were playing on and the street). A weird guy pulled up his car by the fence, got out, and walked up to the fence. He asked us if we wanted to help him look for his lost puppy and he would give us candy. We all knew better and ran screaming to the yard duty, who had us talk to the principal. Luckily we were about 7 years old so we knew the whole "stranger danger" thing, but if it had been a 4 or 5 year old....it's scary to think about.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

This has gone horribly quiet since yesterday morning. Local news has stopped running updates altogether. I hope it means they're onto someone.

I can't print anything out but looking on google earth with a difterent mindset, it seems pretty ominous. I'd say someone either knew he was there or just happened to drive down Benaroon Dr for something & saw William & his sister. Maybe they didn't care which one they got.

Then they drove back out to Batar Crk Rd, it's the closest point to get your car to the highway unseen by anyone on Benaroon & also not get lost in scrub on your way to & from the back of the house. They parked on the roadside, walked through the bush surrounding William's grandma's house until they could hear the kids again & lurked there until William ran around the house alone. Which is seriously fucking creepy. Hearing his grandma was actually in the yard with him explains why they knew so quickly & thought he just got lost. It's fucking horrible. I was hoping he'd just chased a little lizard through the grass.

Makes me wonder if the report of the "large woman acting suspiciously" & the police questioning drivers on Batar Crk Rd is connected. I thought they meant she was outside the car doing something, but on that road, just sitting there in your car waiting for someone would look pretty weird

Derp.

I already posted a pic that shows it. The red marker is near the house (pretty sure it's one or 2 blocks to the right & much further back in the trees - you can't see it without zooming), the long thin treeline at the right of the picture is Batar Creek Rd (ETA nope. Completely WRONG - it's the opposite direction up around the bend)

Last edited by blighted star; 10-03-2014 at 06:49 AM.

When a child goes missing, the first suspects here
    are the parents. Most of the time it's a custody issue.

If there is any connection between the missing 3 yr. old and the guy asking directions to his street, he must have specifically been looking for William.

None of the articles say they've investigated people who know the kid. The mom took the 2 kids to the grandmother's. Was there an argument with the father? It can be anyone from the other grandparents, to the grocery clerk.

Gee - maybe I watch too much of Criminal Minds.

Interesting if true
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    Interesting if true
    Thanx Olivia. I was going to ask if you could get it. I kept hitting the paywall.

Family background's very interesting IF it's foster care they've got incredibly tight rules. We have a lot of foster kids at our local school & they can NEVER be named or have their pix appear in any newsletters or school web pages.

My 11 yr old daughter & her bff spent yesterday blurring out faces for some school photo display. If the older sister's being fostered too, that would explain everything - I.Ding the family will I.D her as a foster child & announce her whereabouts to the world.

I really hope they are foster kids & someone from his birth family sent someone to do this. Or it's someone who wanted a kid like the baby Montana case in Melbourne. These cases always make me sad, don't get me wrong, but this one's really making me feel sick. The reports of the man & woman, how fast he was gone - with an adult right there - it's all reminding me of Sian Kingi more than it is Daniel Morcombe.

ETA as much as it's about the only hopeful possibility just now, I think foster care is unlikely judging by local comments. If not for the reporting restrictions, any family photos of William & his sister as infants would put an end to 90% of the rumours pretty quickly. If there are infancy photos of each kid with both parents, it would mean the foster placements happened immediately at birth & that's not very likely.
    Last edited by blighted star; 09-24-2014 at 10:40 PM. Reason: removing stuff

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/new...c997ff21dee0f6

Statement from William Tyrell's family
    William is only three years and three-months-old and really still a baby, he has so many more years to live and we desperately want him home. William up until a month ago was obsessed with all things Fire Engine and would tell us his name was “Firefighter William”… a future he deserves to fulfil.

To the residents of Benaroon Drive: Within minutes of hearing that William was missing everyone came out and helped with the search, we were amazed at how quickly you came to help. Thank you. We would also like to say a big thank you for your patience and co-operation with Police in the search for little William.

To the Police: As well as William loving all things Fire Engines and Fire Fighters he was also enamoured by the Police and he would have been beside himself to see the amount of Police Cars and Police officers at Nana’s house. And also, like all little boys, he would have been asking you about your guns! We know how hard you have all been working – your dedication to finding little William has astounded us and we, from the bottom of our hearts, say “thank you so much”; it has given us strength and hope that William will be returned to us soon. We also want to thank those of you who we have got to know for your personal support and commitment to the search for William.

To the SES: We have seen you day and night searching for William; even when we couldn’t sleep at 3am we saw you walking around with torches and driving the cars. We thank you deeply and we know that for each and every one of you “it’s more than just a job”.

To the Surf Life Saving & RFS: Thank you for taking the time away from your families and your other volunteering efforts.

To the Kendall community: You are amazing, every day we would hear how many volunteers had shown up at the showground and every day the numbers got bigger. People had taken time off work, we saw a lady pushing a pram and holding a baby on her front walking looking for William, we saw a man walking his push bike looking for William, and we saw everyday people just like us in the bush and on the road looking for our little boy. And every day – all through the day – people were dropping off food and drinks to support the searchers.

Thank you so much! You should feel very proud of yourselves and the community.

Finally we wish to reinforce that if anyone has seen or heard anything (no matter how insignificant it may be) to contact the Police.

We pray and hope that our “firefighter William” comes home soon.

There's quite a few "approach to child" "child missing" reports on the north coast right now. 3 boys definitely missing, at least 5 possible approaches & now this possible at Lismore that just went out over local radio

https://m.facebook.com/LismoreRadio/...pe=1&source=46

The 2 brothers missing are unrelated to William. Hopefully the rest are too & it's just people playing it safe (then again, who in their right mind drives up & approaches kids in a car - especially when there's a major missing child investigation in the area).

Not sure whether this is an average number for their area or if there's really something unusual happening, that half the approach reports were in the 3 months to september, before people were scared, makes it a bit more worrying.

Lismore Radio MISSING CHILD LISMORE - MISSING 10 YEAR OLD GIRL *** PLEASE SHARE *** Police have received a report about a missing 10 year old girl last seen in the vicinity of the football knockout at Oakes Oval around Uralba Street. She has blonde hair with a bow in it and is wearing a white polka dot dress. She may be heading towards Lismore Base Hospital. If you have any information, please contact Lismore police. ‪#‎LismoreRadio‬ ‪#‎MissingChild‬ ‪#‎Police‬ ‪#‎Lismore‬ Timeline Photos ? 13 minutes ago ?

This person just started a frenzy on the Police fb thread. She's relatively local too so she'll be in for some shit if she's attention-seeking

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...d=218519706184

The comment

Janice Gaul I would like to know how quick are Police reacting to Crime Stoppers information???? They were told William is not in Kendall. Get them to recheck Crime Stoppers information. Edited ? Like ? 3 hours ago
    ETA I hope she really knows, but it's more likely she's another one who "had a dream about him" & thinks it means she's a psychic (my apologies to Janice if she actually knows something factual).

I can't believe people interpret "please call if you have even the tiniest bit of information" as "by all means, clog our emergency lines reporting your dreams, imaginings & 'feelings' so that we have to sort through piles of shit to find that one tiny report that actually leads to his whereabouts". Grr. (& there are multiple people proudly posting that they called to report their dreams & complaining that they don't think they were taken seriously - because of all the non-genuine dream calls ruining it for them ).

https://m.facebook.com/jangaul
    Last edited by blighted star; 09-20-2014 at 08:48 PM.

I'm editing a bunch of posts because I think the complicated history could be unrelated to the foster care/divorce explanations people came up with.
    )
    Last edited by blighted star; 01-24-2019 at 02:56 PM.

***This guy has NOT been mentioned in relation to William***

But if anyone in Aus is lurking keep an eye out for this face

Direct link (2nd below) stopped working, use first link & scroll down through posts to find this comment thread

https://www.facebook.com/nswpoliceforce

https://www.facebook.com/search/more...23488953895867

Police Request Public Assistance To Locate Mid North Coast NSW Sex Offender

NSW Police Force 3 hours ago Police conducting an investigation into child abuse material offences are renewing their appeal for information to locate a man wanted on outstanding first instance warrants. Detectives are appealing for public assistance to locate 47-year-old Peter Dewall, who police would like to speak to as part of an investigation into child abuse material offences.

Peter Dewall is described as being of Caucasian appearance, about 175cm tall, of medium build and has light brown hair and hazel eyes. Detectives believe Mr Dewall frequents Grafton and may currently be residing in the area. He is also known to regularly visit the Lismore area. Anyone who sees Mr Dewall is urged not to approach him but instead contact police immediately via Triple Zero (000

It's a bad bad time to be outed as a paedophile on the eastern half of Aus right now, the north coast of NSW in particular.

ETA NSW Police are actually monitoring the thread (rare) & tagging individual posters (I've never seen this before) telling anyone saying they think they've seen him "not to approach" & to
    -Please contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 to make a report. Any info, no matter how small, could help aid the investigation
    Last edited by blighted star; 09-22-2014 at 09:11 PM.

Just thinking about some of the stuff the officer in charge was saying - like the yard was so steep that a little guy would be more likely to go down the back where it was less effort rather than head to the road.That there's no through traffic, that no-one knew they were going to Sydney. That the bush is so thick it's even tearing SES & firies overalls & the dogs found NO scents through the scrub - if someone had lurked & taken him through the bush to a car or a local house, they should have at least found threads or a scent from the abductor.

Little kids love getting stuff from the mailbox. I wonder if there were visiting mail contracters, junk mail or newspaper delivery people etcetc in the area. When they come regularly for years you don't register them after a while & a little kid will immediately get excited & run right up to get the "mail" without a thought - because that's not a stranger, even if it is.
    Last edited by blighted star; 09-22-2014 at 08:55 PM.

Dude if it's not related to this thread please make an "Aussie sex offender' thread or something.

I applaud your enthusiasm but this thread has so much random shit in it that I stopped following it. I don't need to know what kind of swimming pool a murder victim's neighbor had.

Swimming pool? Police have broadened their search to include checking in with every sex offender on the entire north coast. There are a lot. Since they announced that part of the investigation there's only been one alert issued re a sex offender who can't be located. That's him.

He might have taken a holiday without telling his parole officer, but he's from in between one of the towns the earlier sightings came from (see maps) & Tumbulgum where the approaches to children were made last week. & he has family in Sydney & has to travel past Kendell to get there. I wouldn't post it otherwise. He still hasn't been located.

This mentions them checking out every sex offender on the entire north coast.

This is the state of NSW, everything in the thread so far is directly from a police or news page on this case & has happened in the skinny little area marked "north coast" at the top right.

Last edited by blighted star; 09-24-2014 at 10:52 PM.

The news is no news. The guy above hasn't been found & is still the only "police require help locating" SO alert on the NSW Police fb page - for all of NSW, not just that section of north coast. It could mean nothing though.

A 3 yr old boy wandered alone into a petrol station in Melbourne (nearly 800 miles from Kendall) a few days ago & media misreported it badly & caused a heap of shit - other than that there's been nothing.

This is about an hour old

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/new...-1227072478602

IT?S pretty rare these days, but when the children of Kendall actually do come outside to play, their games are enough to break your heart. It?s not footy or skateboards or BMX. Instead they play ?search for William?. Since three-year-old William Tyrell disappeared from the NSW mid-north coast town just over two weeks ago, the children of Kendall have seen police searching their homes and rubbish bins, crawling through their roof spaces.

?They?ve started playing games where they?re searching for William and they pretend to call the police and ask them to come and help,? Kendall Community Pre-School director Susie Crowley said. ?Sometimes they find him and other times they don?t. ?They?re a bit confused and they obviously feel for William. I think it?s their way of dealing with it.?

William was last seen playing with his sister in the front yard of his grandparents? home in Benaroon Drive on the morning of Friday, September 12. He was left alone for no more than five minutes.

The main street of Kendall is mostly deserted. Picture: Lindsay Moller

SES and Police tape seen throughout bushland surrounding the small town of Kendall, where William Tyrell, 3, went missing. Picture: Lindsay Moller

His sudden disappearance sparked a massive search of the surrounding scrubland ?involving more than 300 local volunteers, SES officers, rural fire service personnel and police. The first thought was that he had wandered off alone into the bush. But the complete absence of evidence ? tracks, scent trails, pieces of clothing, blood or hair ? has heightened fears he may have been abducted.

The mystery has drilled deep into the psyche of this normally unremarkable town where everyone knows their neighbours and residents keep a watch out for one another. Business owner and mum-of-three Holly, who did not want her surname used, said she began locking her doors for the first time the day that William went missing. ?I?ve never locked them ?before, but I started two weeks ago,? she said. ?I definitely don?t feel as safe leaving the kids alone anymore. It?s school holidays and normally there would be kids everywhere, but it?s pretty deserted.?

The Kendall town sign. The owner of Miss Nelly?s Cafe, Jenelle Nosworthy, said many people no longer felt safe letting their children outside alone. ?They?re thinking twice about it now, which is sad *because this is the sort of place where normally kids are playing outside on the street,? Ms Nosworthy said. Kendall Community Centre volunteer Naomi, who also did not want her last name used, said the streets were much quieter since William had gone missing. She said: ?Kids are normally just running around, toddling up the road to the neighbour?s house, but you don?t see many kids wandering around anymore.?

And it is not only the children who are absent from the streets of Kendall. The echo of voices calling out William?s name has also died away. When they failed to find any trace of the toddler, the SES crews and volunteer searchers had no choice but to *reluctantly go home when the search was finally called off last week. At the home of William?s distraught grandparents, where the remnants of police and SES tape can still be seen fluttering from trees and grass, his anxious family wait for news.

Police, who have set up a taskforce including investigators from the sex crimes squad, wait too, hoping desperately that someone will call their Port Macquarie office with information that will break this baffling case. Meanwhile, the families of Kendall keep a cautious watch on their kids. ?It just feels like this blanket has fallen on Kendall,? Mrs Crowley said. ?Certainly there?s been that reaction from the parents ? they?re holding their children a bit tighter.?

A toddler goes missing without a trace in the space of minutes. If this happened in New Mexico, they'd be blaming aliens.

Really, the dogs couldn't pick up the scent anywhere? It's just the family's word that he was left alone for only 5 minutes. Do parents normally leave 3 year olds out of sight outdoors without a fence? I really don't think it was stranger abduction and if the baby just wandered off the searchers or dogs would have found something. Police must be quietly investigating the family. Poor kid.

...so weird.

Any possibility the dad had something to do with it? Maybe backed up when he was leaving and accidentally hit him, then panicked? I mean, if the scent stopped at the end of the driveway, wouldn't that imply that the little boy was actually IN the driveway?

Whatever the "complicating factor" is, maybe that would somehow make the consequences more severe.

I'm probably not even close, but it's hard not to speculate when we know so little about the parents.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    Just as I suspected. A ring of elderly pedophiles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Love View Post
    Fucking piece of shit, fucking scum, internet ass holes. fucking ingrate no life having fat ass. you have no fucking clue at whats going on fuck tard shit for brains.

Thread Information