Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Thread: William Tyrrell, 3, Missing From His Grandma's Front Verandah, Mid North Coast NSW

Oh, just one more question. If you are all from America and you aren't interested in an Australian case, why are any of you on the forum?

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector Rex View Post
    Oh, just one more question. If you are all from America and you aren't interested in an Australian case, why are any of you on the forum?
    Uh, because this forum isn't australian? We're interested the point of what's already been discussed.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

And I'm just here for the Thai food and hookers.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

Quote Originally Posted by Shins View Post
    Uh, because this forum isn't australian? We're interested the point of what's already been discussed.
    Oh, Ok, so you're here to keep anyone from discussing any points other than what's already been discussed? Righto.

I'm Aussie just saying, some of us are here lol

I'm Aussie just saying, some of us are here lol
    I like true crime stuff I don't care what country the person lives in.

I'm beginning to think I'm becoming racist against aussies.

They're like the Canadians in South Park.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

Oh, Ok, so you're here to keep anyone from discussing any points other than what's already been discussed? Righto.
    I was actually rather interested in where you were going. I was just afraid you were going to ask us to go out schlepping thru the outback. But, i would love to hear any theories you've been pondering. Proceed, please. I am listening.

Sure, I'll bite.

William's grandfather, Martin de Rose, passed away on 13 February, 2014.
    Is he buried in the Cemetery not more than 250m from the house where he was staying with his Grandmother?
    Did anyone ever take him for a visit to his grandfather's grave?
    I doubt it. A) If they did take him, I doubt they went through the bush, and B) Even if they had driven past it several times, he would have been too young to work out an alternate route, i.e. through the bush.

Also, cemeteries are creepy. I just don't see a child wandering away in the middle of a game to go play in a cemetery.

William's "complicated family history" which precludes (by law) his parents being identified??

Any ideas?
    There's an Aboriginal tradition of not naming a dead person or using their image. Maybe he's a foster kid and one of his biological parents was Aboriginal. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Austral...ance_practices

You didn't want to read through several pages of bickering, just like most people don't want to read through several pages of the same discussion over and over again. Fair's fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    Just as I suspected. A ring of elderly pedophiles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Love View Post
    Fucking piece of shit, fucking scum, internet ass holes. fucking ingrate no life having fat ass. you have no fucking clue at whats going on fuck tard shit for brains.

I think his a foster kid or something along those lines.

Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    Sure, I'll bite.
    Finally!!

I doubt it. A) If they did take him, I doubt they went through the bush, and B) Even if they had driven past it several times, he would have been too young to work out an alternate route, i.e. through the bush.

Also, cemeteries are creepy. I just don't see a child wandering away in the middle of a game to go play in a cemetery.
    As there is a cemetery within 250mtrs of the grandma's house, I'm assuming they would have walked there. There was a track, so it was not all thick bushland. Maybe they walked through the backyards of the neighbours houses (not fenced), or maybe they went by the next street, which basically backs onto the cemetery.
    Little kids really don't understand death and if they said that was were grandpa was, maybe he went back to see if he was 'home'?
    The cemetery isn't creepy, it's like a park.
    Nothing there for a kid to be afraid of.

There's an Aboriginal tradition of not naming a dead person or using their image. Maybe he's a foster kid and one of his biological parents was Aboriginal. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Austral...ance_practices
    hmm. I'm speaking of the 'parents' (who are no doubt alive) and I doubt he is aboriginal.

You didn't want to read through several pages of bickering, just like most people don't want to read through several pages of the same discussion over and over again. Fair's fair.
    Doubt anything I have said has already been discussed. My questions to be board were by way of a shortcut. I still cannot see any real attempt to discuss the case except in the first couple of pages.

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyCooper View Post
    I was actually rather interested in where you were going. I was just afraid you were going to ask us to go out schlepping thru the outback. But, i would love to hear any theories you've been pondering. Proceed, please. I am listening.
    Might need another thread to avoid upsetting those who aren't interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly-Jane View Post
    I think his a foster kid or something along those lines.
    Yes, I read that, but you'd think it'd be the kid that would be protected by law from being named, not the 'parents'.
    I was thinking along the lines of the parent(s) being protected witnesses.

Can't tell if trolling or just very weird

Yes, I read that, but you'd think it'd be the kid that would be protected by law from being named, not the 'parents'.
    I was thinking along the lines of the parent(s) being protected witnesses.
    I guess it really depends on who his parents are ie: if they did something horrible and it was public in the media not naming them would be protecting the child. Maybe from repercussions from the parents offences or simply so his peers don't find out his families history

Quote Originally Posted by Shins View Post
    I'm beginning to think I'm becoming racist against aussies.

They're like the Canadians in South Park.
    I'm not too sure how to take this comment... Should I be offended ?

I'm not too sure how to take this comment... Should I be offended ?
    Only if you care!

Nope personal attacks on people from behind keyboards are not the kinda thing I normally enter into.
    I'm overly proud to be Aussie so I broke my own rule lol

Nope personal attacks on people from behind keyboards are not the kinda thing I normally enter into.
    I'm overly proud to be Aussie so I broke my own rule lol
    I quickly found the ignore key.

Pity it doesn't work in all cases.

Finally!!

As there is a cemetery within 250mtrs of the grandma's house, I'm assuming they would have walked there. There was a track, so it was not all thick bushland. Maybe they walked through the backyards of the neighbours houses (not fenced), or maybe they went by the next street, which basically backs onto the cemetery.
    Little kids really don't understand death and if they said that was were grandpa was, maybe he went back to see if he was 'home'?
    The cemetery isn't creepy, it's like a park.
    Nothing there for a kid to be afraid of.

hmm. I'm speaking of the 'parents' (who are no doubt alive) and I doubt he is aboriginal.

Doubt anything I have said has already been discussed. My questions to be board were by way of a shortcut. I still cannot see any real attempt to discuss the case except in the first couple of pages.
    Cemeteries always scared the hell out of me when I was a kid. But then again, I frequent a website about death. Oh well.

As an American I'm an outside looking in, but the things I've read suggest major problems with the foster system in Australia. Apparently foster families are in short supply. Lots of controversy about media coverage of abuse by foster parents. So I dunno if there's any specific legislation that protects the names of foster parents until abuse or negligence has been proven, since they're having such a hard time finding families for these kiddos. It would be pretty horrible to have someone's name dragged through the mud when all they were trying to do was give a child a good home.

There's also controversy about placement of indigenous children with foster families. I don't think it's too unreasonable to think he might have one Aboriginal parent. The Aussie Department for Child Protection says nearly half of foster children are Aboriginal.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-07-0...llapse/4809640
    http://www.abc.net.au/radionational/...-11-17/5086254
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    Just as I suspected. A ring of elderly pedophiles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Love View Post
    Fucking piece of shit, fucking scum, internet ass holes. fucking ingrate no life having fat ass. you have no fucking clue at whats going on fuck tard shit for brains.

Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    Cemeteries always scared the hell out of me when I was a kid. But then again, I frequent a website about death. Oh well.

As an American I'm an outside looking in, but the things I've read suggest major problems with the foster system in Australia. Apparently foster families are in short supply. Lots of controversy about media coverage of abuse by foster parents. So I dunno if there's any specific legislation that protects the names of foster parents until abuse or negligence has been proven, since they're having such a hard time finding families for these kiddos. It would be pretty horrible to have someone's name dragged through the mud when all they were trying to do was give a child a good home.

There's also controversy about placement of indigenous children with foster families. I don't think it's too unreasonable to think he might have one Aboriginal parent. The Aussie Department for Child Protection says nearly half of foster children are Aboriginal.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-07-0...llapse/4809640
    http://www.abc.net.au/radionational/...-11-17/5086254
    You could be right about the fostering, so I'll keep it in mind.

Another thing could be that the mother and her oldest child may have fled a previous abusive relationship.
    She may have protection from identification from the Court to for her and the daughter, which also includes the new partner.
    If William is the child of the new relationship, under the circumstances, his image is not protected, as the need to find him outweighs other considerations.

Something else that makes me wonder is the speed with which they called the police.
    It was as if they thought from the beginning it wasn't a simple case of him wandering off.
    You would expect most parents would look for up to an hour before calling Police.

What? No way. If my toddler disappeared, I'd be calling the police as soon as I'd searched the house and yard. Who waits an hour for a three year old to turn up?

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    What? No way. If my toddler disappeared, I'd be calling the police as soon as I'd searched the house and yard. Who waits an hour for a three year old to turn up?
    Agreed, I'd maybe wait for an older child but a kid under 10 or so no freaking way, after an hour looking for my toddler I would be beside my self.

Thread Information