Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Jacob and Sarah (2 & 3) missing, but paranoid schizophrenic mother Catherine Hoggle says they are safe

This case haunts me. Those poor frigging kids and that poor family.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoMyGoddess! View Post
    maybe when the check comes next time, just throw your dick on the table and be like "if you got the check, i got dessert"

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Safe my ass. And they can hold that bitch until hell freezes over, it won't change a thing. Two years. Two years and this bitch hasn't given up where they are? Part of me says "fuck it...put her sorry ass in a hole in the ground." The rest of me argues the "mental illness" argument". But if she doesn't understand that giving people the location of the children is the best thing to do, then there is zero hope of finding out what happened to them without further information.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Now go fuck yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by kevansvault View Post
    Safe my ass. And they can hold that bitch until hell freezes over, it won't change a thing. Two years. Two years and this bitch hasn't given up where they are? Part of me says "fuck it...put her sorry ass in a hole in the ground." The rest of me argues the "mental illness" argument". But if she doesn't understand that giving people the location of the children is the best thing to do, then there is zero hope of finding out what happened to them without further information.
    Wow I'm glad I missed this completely devoid of compassion or even clinical understanding of severe mental illness until right now.

Update: she keeps trying to escape the facility.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...=.8bb602a79704

Hoggle, who police suspect killed Jacob, 2, and Sarah, 3, has never made it out of the Clifton T. Perkins Hospital Center in Jessup. But at least eight times, according to court records, she has grabbed a staff member’s security badge, run toward the door of her locked unit and occasionally made it beyond that first barrier.

Through her hospital stay, Hoggle has said her children are safe and that she wants to see them.

“I’m loving to my kids,” she told a psychiatrist last summer, “and I’ve done everything for them every day of my life.
    This whole thing is very sad for everyone.

The Vanished podcast did a good episode on this case - gives a good rundown of the story

http://www.thevanishedpodcast.com/ep...d-jacob-hoggle

http://wtop.com/montgomery-county/20...nty-courtroom/

The Montgomery County mother who was the last person to see her two children before they disappeared almost three years ago is still not competent to stand trial.

Catherine Hoggle is charged with three misdemeanors, including neglect and hindering the investigation into what happened to her then-2-and-3-year-old son and daughter, Jacob and Sarah.

According to a new report, Hoggle’s doctors at the state mental health hospital say she still can’t assist in her own defense, but could be restored to competency.

Hoggle spoke inaudibly when answering questions from the judge and her attorneys.

Prosecutors have said they’re building a murder case against Hoggle.

She’ll be back in court for another competency hearing at the end of August. Hoggle has a history of mental health issues, including paranoia and schizophrenia.

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/lo...442370093.html

Mom of Missing Kids Asks for Charges to Be Dropped

Nearly three years after the disappearance of her two children, a Maryland mother has asked that the charges against her be dropped.

An attorney for Catherine Hoggle told a judge Thursday that he has filed a motion to have the misdemeanor charges dismissed, WTOP reports.

According to WTOP, "unless the defendant is charged with a felony or a crime of violence, misdemeanor charges must be dropped after three years."
    If the charges against her are dropped, Hoggle could potentially be released. But WTOP says that outcome is unlikely, as prosecutors would likely file other charges to keep her in custody. A judge could also place her under civil commitment if she is believed to still be a danger to herself or others.

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/lo...444570423.html

Mom of Missing Kids Indicted for Murder

A Maryland mother has been indicted for the murders of her two children who have been missing in Montgomery County since 2014, sources familiar with the investigation tell News4.

Catherine Hoggle has an appearance in Montgomery County Circuit Court on Friday and she has been indicted on two counts of murder, according to the sources.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...=.589ac6afd0cb

For three years, Troy Turner held out hope his children were alive — a belief he knew ran counter to logic.

Jacob, 2, and Sarah, 3, hadn’t been seen since they disappeared from Montgomery County in September 2014. The last person known to be with them — their mother and Turner’s then-girlfriend, Catherine Hoggle — suffered from deep mental illness. Detectives quickly viewed her as responsible for the children’s deaths.

“There has always been a faint hope,” Turner said Friday. “And I know now, with the passage of time, that Catherine killed my babies.”

Turner spoke to reporters after a hearing in Montgomery County Circuit Court, a proceeding prompted by an indictment the day before charging Hoggle, 30, with two counts of murder. Those charges confirmed repeated indications from police and prosecutors during the long-running case of the children’s fate.

“I know that they are right,” Turner said. “And I fully support the charges.”
    The murder charges prompted a review of her bond conditions, and on Thursday, Hoggle was driven by law enforcement from the maximum-security Clifton T. Perkins Hospital Center, in Jessup, Md., to the Montgomery County Detention Center in Rockville. For Friday’s hearing, she appeared via a video feed from the jail. She said little and stared blankly from the screen into the courtroom.

Her attorney, David Felsen, and the county’s lead prosecutor, John McCarthy, agreed that Hoggle should be sent back to Perkins for further evaluation and treatment.

“They’re trying to look for that cocktail of medications that will create synthetic competency, so that we can move forward on these matters,” McCarthy said.

“There is no question that she belongs in a hospital,” Felsen said after the hearing and also said Hoggle deserves a vigorous defense. “We’re not aware of any evidence linking Ms. Hoggle with any homicide.”

A former waitress with an IQ once tested at 135, Hoggle has refused to tell detectives and family members what might have happened to Jacob and Sarah. It is difficult to say when, or if, she would be found well enough to go to trial.

This is a really extreme case. The woman is clearly not competent to stand trial, and the strongest synthetic cocktail would still not be valid because when/if this transpired, she was completely out of her mind. She should be hospitalized and taken care of. It's very sad to me, and not something any vengeance will satisfy.

I just saw this update on fb
    Attached Images Attached Images

That's so ridiculous. If she did kill them, she did so while having a psychotic episode. There is no 'restoring' her.

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    That's so ridiculous. If she did kill them, she did so while having a psychotic episode. There is no 'restoring' her.
    Fucking OATH.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    gangsta rap does not help the youth
    Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    DONT MAKE ME FUCK YOUR BITCH THAT PUSSY POPPIN

https://wtop.com/montgomery-county/2...4-years-later/

“It doesn’t get any easier with time,” Turner said on the four-year anniversary of his children’s disappearance from Montgomery County, Maryland.

Catherine Hoggle, who has been charged with murdering their children, has told conflicting stories about where they are to their father and to investigators. Doctors have found the Clarksburg mother to be incompetent to stand trial. She continues to undergo treatment for severe mental illness at the Clifton T. Perkins Hospital in Jessup.

“Now, here we are four years later — no real progress,” Turner said.

Hoggle’s attorney said her situation remains substantially similar to what it has been as she continues to be treated at the hospital. “Doctors have determined that she is not in a place where she can participate in any meaningful way,” said Hoggle’s attorney, David Felsen.

For Turner and his family, they remain skeptical as to whether or not Hoggle is unfit for trial.

“Through speaking to her and other people who have spoken to her, things like that, she clearly is competent to stand trial,” Turner said.

He said early on in the search, he knew after talking with police that there was only a small chance his children would be found alive. But, he said as their father, he had to hold on to hope.

Senior Member Alison Worthington's Avatar
    https://wtop.com/montgomery-county/2...drens-murders/

Prosecutors in Montgomery County, Maryland, have asked the judge to allow an independent doctor to evaluate Catherine Hoggle after almost five years of determinations by doctors at Clifton T. Perkins Hospital have found her incompetent to stand trial for the murders of her two young children.

In a competency hearing in Circuit Court, Judge Robert Greenberg cited a report by Dr. Danielle Robinson at the state psychiatric hospital that her treatment team had again determined Hoggle is “not competent, dangerous, but restorable,” and scheduled another hearing for June 10.

I've noticed in cases like this they're usually released from a psychiatric facility way earlier than they would have been from prison, if at all. I hope that's not the case w her. Shes definitely where she needs to be.

Thread Information