Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Jacob and Sarah (2 & 3) missing, but paranoid schizophrenic mother Catherine Hoggle says they are safe

Grow up with a psychotic parent, and Ill value your perspective a whole lot more.
    You're entitled to your own opinions. You're not entitled to your own facts.- D. Moynihan
    Quote Originally Posted by aquatwins View Post
    I WILL STICK MY DICK IN YOUR HEAD

Quote Originally Posted by Monter View Post
    Grow up with a psychotic parent, and Ill value your perspective a whole lot more.
    I grew up with an abusive pathological liar and someone with narcissistic personality disorder. Not a lot of fun either.

There are many, many types of shitty parents.

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    I grew up with an abusive pathological liar and someone with narcissistic personality disorder. Not a lot of fun either.

There are many, many types of shitty parents.
    Agreed. And I dont think it is "unfair" to say that if you are just a shit human being, parenting may not be your best life plan.
    You're entitled to your own opinions. You're not entitled to your own facts.- D. Moynihan

Senior Member UncomfortablyNumb's Avatar
    I think everyone who is going to have a child should think long and hard before having one.

Again, this is a very unusual case. We don't hear about schizophrenic parents losing kids all the time.
    YES. It literally changes everything. It's amazing, and I wouldn't change having my kids for anything, but it's not all rainbows and unicorns.
    She transitioned from a stupid asshole to a dumb bitch.

Fuck it. Ill save my breath
    Last edited by Monter; 10-06-2014 at 04:23 PM. Reason: Not worth it

Um...ok. Im going to be calm and say you are talking out your ass shins.
    Of course not all schizophrenics are the same. When you have seen the damage a seriously mentally ill person can do to children, you side with the children.

I could tell you horror stories you would not wish on your worst fucking enemy. You cant believe this is a debate? Go watch a delusional person try and parent a small chi;d and watch what fucking happens.

Fuck off monter. If your smite in insinuating that I dont know what the fuck I'm talking about because my biological father wasn't schizo, then again... fuck off. My uncle was my dad. I'm a bastard and my moms a shithead. I was literally raised by my aunt and uncle.

If you're saying your parent was a schizo, then regardless of what occurred, I'm sure you're still thankful you're alive for several other reasons. Your experience with your parent was yours. Assholes shouldn't have kids period, but if you're going to blanket all schizos in this statement than you're taking your personal shit too far. I'm personaly offended by you.
    Last edited by Shins; 10-06-2014 at 05:30 PM.
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

Ugh these poor babies.
    Schizophrenic parentsare just an awesome idea...
    Ignorant fucking statement, no matter how you hash it.
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    I'm just thinking about the genetics aspects of it. Obviously if you don't know you have it before you have kids, then what is done is done. However since the genetic link in schizophrenia is so high, why would you want to possibly pass it on to your kids?
    Diabetes and alcoholism are strongly genetically linked. Should we roll them into this argument too?

Pretty sure if we cracked down on all the things that could possibly lead to a shitty childhood/life, 90% of people would not be allowed to have kids.

I'm not playing the " whose life is worse " game. That's fucking infantile.
    My experience is not everyone's but neither is yours. I stand by my statement if you are impaired in your ability to have kids you shouldn't have them. Period.
    There is nothing ignorant in that opinion, much as you might not fucking like it
    ETA : I don't insinuate jack shit - I say it out right. There was no dog at you for your background or how you grew up. I think that you went on for a half dozen posts defending what great parents schizophrenics make, is ridiculous . You're offended? Fuck you
    Last edited by Monter; 10-06-2014 at 06:12 PM. Reason: Post acript

Quote Originally Posted by Shins View Post
    Diabetes and alcoholism are strongly genetically linked. Should we roll them into this argument too?

Pretty sure if we cracked down on all the things that could possibly lead to a shitty childhood/life, 90% of people would not be allowed to have kids.
    I don't think anyone said X should not be allowed to have kids. We said it wasn't such a good idea, and deserved so careful thought. If I knew I had a condition that was readily inherited http://www.schizophrenia.com/family/...ng.htm#inherit. I'd think several times before having kids.

If I had kids and was later diagnosed, I'd hope I'd have the sense to set up a safety net. I.E., "sis, if I get worse and am not acting in the best interests of my kids, I'll need you to step in..."

It's all a matter of degree, and of acting responsibly.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Fuck it. Ill save my breath
    You must spread the reputation......

Sorry. I'm with Monter on this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

this debate happens a lot over mental illnesses, over alcoholism and drug abuse... while i do think, since bodies are made to have babies, bodies should not have their choice to make babies limited. that being said, according to life, parents who are unable to raise their children for whatever reason should have children that die.

as humans, we have taken on the stance that life is important and should be preserved and so when we see children in trouble, we try to find ways to help them. this means looking at how children are raised and what factors can stunt their progress. being raised in a dysfunctional family can do that. fact. being raised by parents who can't feed a child on a regular basis because of mental impairment or drugs can do that. fact. people who believe their children are satan's minions may do just that. fact.

why should these children be born to parents who can't, for whatever reason, care for them? so the parents can feel good about their rights being protected? so the parents can feel secure that their genetic material has been passed on? what's the big fucking deal about having babies, if they aren't going to thrive?

yes, all people should take this under consideration, and many people take having children for granted. a lot of people shouldn't have babies, but certain conditions can make raising children well much more difficult, including schizophrenia.

i'm not advocating restrictions, i'm just saying it sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

In a perfect world, ALL children would be born in to a situation that is ideal. Fact is, that's not always the case and hasn't been since the beginning of time.

Enter: Birth Control

It's there for a reason. And we have to be logical about this.

Before anyone unnecessarily accuses me of "Eugenics" , I'm not centering on ANY RACE, RELIGION, MENTAL CAPACITY of person. ONLY one type of person. People who are NOT capable of raising healthy children (both mental or physical). People who are rich abuse kids too. So it's not a matter of class or race or religion.

If you are not capable of raising children, logically you shouldn't have them. In any other area of life, I would never suggest people to not do something. Ever. But once you introduce another life that has no choice of the decisions you are making and of which those decisions directly impact that other life, I'm sorry... But PC goes out the window for me.

IF you are proven to be under control of your illness (addiction included, as well as mental), then I encourage it. But if what you're up to is going to compromise another human being against their will? I will not support that.

Sorry, not sorry.

And yes. I DO realize it's a slippery slope. I'm not suggesting regulations be in place because let's face it, that wouldn't be good.

I'm merely stating that if it were up to me, more loving and responsible people would be the ones having kids and less people that either don't give a shit about what they're doing with kids or are not capable of taking care of them wouldn't be.

I'm not playing the " whose life is worse " game. That's fucking infantile.
    My experience is not everyone's but neither is yours. I stand by my statement if you are impaired in your ability to have kids you shouldn't have them. Period.
    There is nothing ignorant in that opinion, much as you might not fucking like it
    ETA : I don't insinuate jack shit - I say it out right. There was no dog at you for your background or how you grew up. I think that you went on for a half dozen posts defending what great parents schizophrenics make, is ridiculous . You're offended? Fuck you
    If you choose to decipher my posts as "schizos make great parents" Instead of "schizos can make great parents", then that's your choice. You think schizos shouldn't have kids. Cool for you. Regardless of how you were raised and how much of a twat you're being, I'm glad your parents made that stupid decision to have you because when you're not a twat you're cool. But you know, what do I know about any of this.... my daddy's not crazy.

If only we lived in a utopian society where no one had kids unless they were perfect.

If you choose to decipher my posts as "schizos make great parents" Instead of "schizos can make great parents", then that's your choice. You think schizos shouldn't have kids. Cool for you. Regardless of how you were raised and how much of a twat you're being, I'm glad your parents made that stupid decision to have you because when you're not a twat you're cool. But you know, what do I know about any of this.... my daddy's not crazy.

If only we lived in a utopian society where no one had kids unless they were perfect.
    Im being a twat? You can sit there and take offense that in my opinion and experience, schizophrenics as parents is not always the best idea? So your thesis here is what - lets let every back ward psychotic adopt? Run a daycare? This makes sense to you?
    Your behavior here is ugly, and not something I want a part of, frankly.

Im being a twat? You can sit there and take offense that in my opinion and experience, schizophrenics as parents is not always the best idea? So your thesis here is what - lets let every back ward psychotic adopt? Run a daycare? This makes sense to you?
    Your behavior here is ugly, and not something I want a part of, frankly.
    Having a differing opinion is one thing, but to smite me and tell me I have no idea what I'm talking about and that I'm talking out of my ass is a one way ticket down asshole road. Me saying "Ew" and that I'm surprised you took that approach isn't ugly. Please point out where I said anything nasty toward you until you came in here and had a fucking tantrum.

Yes, I'm surprised you, who is usually a very open and understanding person, made a statement that was basically a sweeping generalization. If you're offended at me for countering that as being inaccurate based on MY experience, then we have nothing left to discuss.

Having a differing opinion is one thing, but to smite me and tell me I have no idea what I'm talking about and that I'm talking out of my ass is a one way ticket down asshole road. Me saying "Ew" and that I'm surprised you took that approach isn't ugly. Please point out where I said anything nasty toward you until you came in here and had a fucking tantrum.

Yes, I'm surprised you, who is usually a very open and understanding person, made a statement that was basically a sweeping generalization. If you're offended at me for countering that as being inaccurate based on MY experience, then we have nothing left to discuss.
    I have no problem with a differing opinion. I think you need to take a look at how you present yourself- you are rude and aggressivein response to what I said. My statement was a sarcastic "schizophrenics parenting is always a good idea" and you were on the attack, obnoxious and insulting. Our experiences differ, and form our opinions. You are the one who came in here flipping out that someone dare suggest psychotic parents arent a good idea.
    I bet I could look back through your posts and find pronouncements of who you feel should not parent - a little hypocrisy there.
    Check yourself first, dear. Im ok being done with this.

I have no problem with a differing opinion. I think you need to take a look at how you present yourself- you are rude and aggressivein response to what I said. My statement was a sarcastic "schizophrenics parenting is always a good idea" and you were on the attack, obnoxious and insulting. Our experiences differ, and form our opinions. You are the one who came in here flipping out that someone dare suggest psychotic parents arent a good idea.
    I bet I could look back through your posts and find pronouncements of who you feel should not parent - a little hypocrisy there.
    Check yourself first, dear. Im ok being done with this.

Your sarcastic remark was equally, if not more, offensive than anything I said!

You think me describing my uncle is offensive? Or saying that this ladies kids are probably dead is offensive? Or were you offended when I thought it was stupid to say it's "unfair" for these people to have kids, and offering an opposing "unfairness"??? Have we met???

If you think "Ew, I'm surprised you'd say this" is a rude and aggressive remark about my opinion on your statement then maybe you should vacation from the internet for a while. What in the actual fuck, monter?

I've probably said TONSSSS of people shouldn't be a parent. I can fucking promise you that if anyone disagreed I didn't smite them and tell them they had no idea what the fuck they were talking about, and then proceed to add nothing to the conversation other than tantrum posts of "whatever i'm not even gonna bother". Ani was holding it down just fine for you, she handled the grown up part of the conversation.

Im more than willing to continue the conversation - just not the snark attacks. I poresented my opinion plainly- Ive had debate about this with other members without it escalating - you tell me where the problem is

Im more than willing to continue the conversation - just not the snark attacks. I poresented my opinion plainly- Ive had debate about this with other members without it escalating - you tell me where the problem is
    YOU. YOU started it. Between a smite and a "Umm... ok you're talking out of your ass."

There was a perfectly normal conversation happening until that point. Not sure wtf you're reading, but perhaps your opinion-glasses are making you see shit you're not. I disagreed with what you said and explained why without calling you a dumb fuck, so I'm not seeing what your problem is.

I don't like it when two of my faves e-bicker.

Quote Originally Posted by debk589 View Post
    I don't like it when two of my faves e-bicker.

and like the perfect middle child, i step in to say, but deeeeeeeb! i don't bicker! how come i'm not your favorite?
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

YOU. YOU started it. Between a smite and a "Umm... ok you're talking out of your ass."

There was a perfectly normal conversation happening until that point. Not sure wtf you're reading, but perhaps your opinion-glasses are making you see shit you're not. I disagreed with what you said and explained why without calling you a dumb fuck, so I'm not seeing what your problem is.

Ok then. Good to see you had no part in this. Keep on with your amazing self awareness

Ok then. Good to see you had no part in this. Keep on with your amazing self awareness

You're right, Monter. You're the all supreme knowing when it comes to schizophrenia and parenting and no one should question that ever, and your sarcasm should be seen as nothing but gleaming knowledge and experience always. Anyone who contests you and thinks your opinion is off is just a know nothing ass talker. :smite:

Ugh these poor babies.
    Schizophrenic parentsare just an awesome idea...
    You're so mature.

Thanks for taking the liberty to defriend me on facebook over this. Hats off to you.
    Last edited by Shins; 10-07-2014 at 07:47 AM.

Thread Information