Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Jacob and Sarah (2 & 3) missing, but paranoid schizophrenic mother Catherine Hoggle says they are safe

Jacob and Sarah (2 & 3) missing, but paranoid schizophrenic mother Catherine Hoggle says they are safe

Where are the kids? Schizophrenic mom found after vanishing insists her children are 'safe' but refuses to reveal their whereabouts to police or husband
    • Missing paranoid schizophrenic mother Catherine Hoggle, 27, was found and taken into custody on Friday night
    • Hoggle went missing along with daughter, Sarah, and son, Jacob, earlier this week
    • Hoggle has told police that her children are 'safe' but hasn't told them where they are
    • Police are unable to vary any of Hoggle's statements since her story has changed several times during interviews and hasn't taken her medication
    • Police acting on a tip tracked her down in Germantown late Friday night; the children were not with her
    • Police released a video earlier showing Hoggle sneaking out of a Chick-fil-A Monday after lying to her husband about where their children were
    • Hoggle was last seen early Tuesday morning, without her children

A missing paranoid schizophrenic Maryland mother found and taken into custody on Friday night has told police her children are 'safe' but won't tell them nor her husband where they are located.
    Catherine Hoggle is being questioned by detectives but her children are still no where to be found.
    Hoggle was charged with child neglect earlier this week after police realized her children, Jacob, 2, and Sarah, 3, had not been seen for days.
    Hoggle has told police that her children are alive but they are not able to verify Hoggle's statements since she has given them varying stories about their location and she has been off her medication for schizophrenia.

NBC reports that Hoggle has changed her appearance by cutting her hair.
    Her disheveled look has lead police to believe that she may have been spending nights on the street prior to her arrest.

Police said just after 11 p.m. on Friday they received a call from a Germantown resident saying that Catherine Hoggle was spotted walking near Century Rock Boulevard and Crystal Rock Drive.
    Officers were dispatched to the area and were able to quickly track down the missing woman, but her two children, 2-year-old Jacob and 3-year-old Sarah, were nowhere to be found.
    Many gathered at the Chik-Fil-A parking lot on Saturday night for a candlelight vigil to pray for the missing children in the hopes that they will be found safe and sound.

Hoggle, who reportedly suffers from paranoid schizophrenia and had gone off her medication, was taken to police headquarters for questioning,wUSA9 reported.
    Officers remained on the scene in Germantown overnight, scouring the streets and a nearby apartment complex with K-9 dogs in search of the missing toddlers.
    'Thank you to this caller. We remain concerned for the children's welfare and ask that people still call 911 with information and tips,' Montgomery County police tweeted after finding Hoggle.
    Earlier in the day, authorities released a video showing Hoggle sneaking out the back of a Chick-fil-A in Germantown Monday, just moments after lying to her common-law husband, Troy Turner, about the whereabouts of their two children.
    Hoggle was then captured on video again at the Germantown Commons shopping center on Tuesday morning around 4.30am. The children are not seen in the video.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz3DHjsH0P7
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

This doesn't sound very good at all.

In the warrant, detectives said there had been “no confirmed contact” with Jacob since 4 p.m. Sept. 7 and “no confirmed contact” with Sarah since 9:30 p.m. that day. Family members didn’t immediately know that Jacob was missing, because Hoggle had told them he was at a sleepover at a friend’s house, which turned out to be false. The exact last known whereabouts of Sarah are unclear from the warrant — she may have slept in the family apartment and was taken somewhere early the next morning, according to the warrant.

That day, Monday, Hoggle told Turner she had taken Sarah and Jacob to a trial day at a day-care center. As the day went on, she couldn’t tell Turner specifically where the day-care center was. He said they should go to the police. On the way there, she asked to stop at a Chick-fil-A so she could get something to drink. She managed to slip out the back door.

Detectives would later learn that Jacob had never gone to the friend’s house. They also were able to confirm that Hoggle spent Monday night inside a building near the Chick-fil-A, based on video surveillance.

On Saturday, police also charged Hoggle with obstruction and hindering.

Despite the lengthy questioning of Hoggle on Saturday, police appeared to be no closer to finding the children or learning what happened to them. But detectives were trying to operate as if they were alive. Officials said that such urgency was in the children’s best interest.

“I still have some hope,” said Assistant Police Chief Russell Hamill.

But in an ominous sign, search teams on Saturday were using dogs trained to sniff cadavers, police said. Search teams planned to use those dogs on Sunday as well.

When Hoggle was apprehended late Friday, she appeared disheveled, and police say they believe she had spent previous days and nights on the streets. She also appeared to have cut her hair, police said.

While Hoggle was being questioned, detectives tried to make her feel comfortable by letting her sit on a sofa. They also brought in food from McDonald’s.

Days earlier, during a news conference to draw attention to the search, police said Hoggle likes to go to McDonald’s almost every day.http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/...ffd_story.html

Where they don't have maps.......such as..
    Maybe if they offered her some chic-fil-a? She seemed to have found a new affection for that place.

Ugh all joking aside, this doesn't sound good at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star
    I was about to be annoyed that this thread was still active, but I see now it's morphed into offers of sex for chilli confectionary, so carry on guys :)

Definitely looking a bit paranoid...just not about her purse
    Last edited by SuchAClassicGirl; 09-14-2014 at 04:56 AM.
    I was about to be annoyed that this thread was still active, but I see now it's morphed into offers of sex for chilli confectionary, so carry on guys :)

I saw this story last week on Nancy Grace. I was immediately concerned when I saw her in the video without the children. I hope this doesn't turn into a story of two more murdered children.

i'm not really a fan of forcing medication, but in this case, they need to dope her up, stat, even if it's temporarily, to get her to tell the police where her children are. if they are alive, they just took the person caring for them into custody, basically assuring that they will be dead in a matter of days.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Right? Or grab wonder woman's golden lasso

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    i'm not really a fan of forcing medication, but in this case, they need to dope her up, stat, even if it's temporarily, to get her to tell the police where her children are. if they are alive, they just took the person caring for them into custody, basically assuring that they will be dead in a matter of days.
    I'm surprised they haven't. They would in a normal psych hospital if she was admitted sans the children story.

But if they medicate her, that isn't some cure-all that means she will remember what happened. A lot of people, once no longer in their psychotic state, have tremendous memory gaps.

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    I'm surprised they haven't. They would in a normal psych hospital if she was admitted sans the children story.

But if they medicate her, that isn't some cure-all that means she will remember what happened. A lot of people, once no longer in their psychotic state, have tremendous memory gaps.
    oh, i don't doubt that, but it's a start. i mean, right now she's probably babbling about some portal between the brick mountains that has been warded against demons. on the drugs that might translate into, ' i left them in a room at the abandoned warehouse downtown. don't worry, i put a baby proof cover on the knob.'

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    oh, i don't doubt that, but it's a start. i mean, right now she's probably babbling about some portal between the brick mountains that has been warded against demons. on the drugs that might translate into, ' i left them in a room at the abandoned warehouse downtown. don't worry, i put a baby proof cover on the knob.'
    Unfortunately, the medication effects everyone differently and is not always going to provide lucidity, as much as just sedation.

won't know until we try! i guess they could look at her history to determine what type of effect they might have. she was medicated at some point, i'm sure.

Reading the articles, it doesn't say anywhere that they haven't tried to medicate her.

Senior Member UncomfortablyNumb's Avatar
    Oh god...this is not going to end well.
    She transitioned from a stupid asshole to a dumb bitch.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/...ffd_story.html

Toddlers still missing as police are unable to extract information from Montgomery County mother

Catherine Hoggle was captured on a building's video surveillance in Germantown at about 4:30 a.m. Tuesday. The building is in the area of Germantown Road near Interstate 270 and the Germantown Commons shopping center, but police were not revealing the exact location. (Montgomery County Police Department)

By Dan Morse September 13 at 11:39 PM

Catherine Hoggle, the 27-year-old Montgomery County woman who had been missing for days along with two of her children, was questioned on-and-off for more than 16 hours by detectives Saturday but provided no solid information about what has happened to 2-year-old Jacob and 3-year-old Sarah.

At times, Hoggle indicated that the children were unharmed, indoors and with someone. The “kids are safe,” she told detectives.

But she didn’t offer anything specific, and detectives were unable to verify the vague statements she was providing, police said.

“Our interest is the safety of the children,” Montgomery County Police Chief J. Thomas Manger said Saturday. “That’s the information we are most interested in.”

Hoggle, who has been diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia, had been the subject of an intense police search since Monday. Images of her and her children had been widely distributed in media reports and on missing-persons fliers posted by friends, family and the children’s father, who is Hoggle’s longtime boyfriend.

Late Friday, a resident recognized Hoggle walking along a street in Germantown and called his girlfriend, who called 911, police said. When officers arrived, she tried to flee and was apprehended. Officers found that she had been carrying one of the missing-persons fliers, which had photographs of her and the two children. She was wearing the same clothes she had been wearing when she went missing on Monday, police said.

The development late Friday night that Hoggle had been found brought hope to family members and police that she would lead them to the children. But as Saturday dragged on, and different detectives questioned her, that hope faded.

At one point, detectives let the children’s father, Troy Turner, speak to Hoggle, hoping that would produce answers. He begged her to tell him where the children were.

“She really didn’t have much to say to me,” Turner recalled afterward.

Hoggle told him that the children were safe but wouldn’t say more, Turner said.

He said he thinks that Hoggle knows where their children are but won’t say. “I can’t even describe what it feels like,” Turner said Saturday afternoon.

Until Sept. 7, Turner, Hoggle and their three children were living in an apartment in Clarksburg. He helped take her to medical appointments and would remind her to take her medication. When healthy, Hoggle was well known among friends and family members as being an attentive, caring mother.

Turner said that after seeing Hoggle in custody, it seemed clear that she had recently stopped taking medication. He said he hopes that she will resume her medication and that it will help her to reveal what she knows about the children’s location.

“I hope that alters her reality back to normal,” Turner said.

By late Saturday afternoon, detectives appeared to have run out of questions for Hoggle. Later in the day, they took her to the county jail. Several days ago, they had obtained a warrant charging her with two counts of child neglect.

In the warrant, detectives said that Hoggle’s actions had put the children in danger.

Detectives wrote that they believed she “engaged in conduct that created a substantial risk of death or serious physical injury to” the children, according to court records.

In the warrant, detectives said there had been “no confirmed contact” with Jacob since 4 p.m. Sept. 7 and “no confirmed contact” with Sarah since 9:30 p.m. that day. Family members didn’t immediately know that Jacob was missing, because Hoggle had told them he was at a sleepover at a friend’s house, which turned out to be false. The exact last known whereabouts of Sarah are unclear from the warrant — she may have slept in the family apartment and was taken somewhere early the next morning, according to the warrant.

That day, Monday, Hoggle told Turner she had taken Sarah and Jacob to a trial day at a day-care center. As the day went on, she couldn’t tell Turner specifically where the day-care center was. He said they should go to the police. On the way there, she asked to stop at a Chick-fil-A so she could get something to drink. She managed to slip out the back door.

Detectives would later learn that Jacob had never gone to the friend’s house. They also were able to confirm that Hoggle spent Monday night inside a building near the Chick-fil-A, based on video surveillance.

On Saturday, police also charged Hoggle with obstruction and hindering.

Despite the lengthy questioning of Hoggle on Saturday, police appeared to be no closer to finding the children or learning what happened to them. But detectives were trying to operate as if they were alive. Officials said that such urgency was in the children’s best interest.

“I still have some hope,” said Assistant Police Chief Russell Hamill.

But in an ominous sign, search teams on Saturday were using dogs trained to sniff cadavers, police said. Search teams planned to use those dogs on Sunday as well.

When Hoggle was apprehended late Friday, she appeared disheveled, and police say they believe she had spent previous days and nights on the streets. She also appeared to have cut her hair, police said.

While Hoggle was being questioned, detectives tried to make her feel comfortable by letting her sit on a sofa. They also brought in food from McDonald’s.

Days earlier, during a news conference to draw attention to the search, police said Hoggle likes to go to McDonald’s almost every day.
    from the bolded parts, it makes me feel like they are allowing her to decide whether or not to take the meds and that they are treating her like a suspect rather than a mental patient.

Yeah, these people are all stupid. They should bring in a psychologist to deal with her. But even that doesn't guarantee anything. They would have better luck just relying on tips to trace her footsteps.

It is entirely possible she left the kids with someone, to be honest, who has no idea this is going on.

Ugh these poor babies.
    Schizophrenic parentsare just an awesome idea...
    You're entitled to your own opinions. You're not entitled to your own facts.- D. Moynihan
    Quote Originally Posted by aquatwins View Post
    I WILL STICK MY DICK IN YOUR HEAD

Quote Originally Posted by Monter View Post
    Ugh these poor babies.
    Schizophrenic parentsare just an awesome idea...
    Welllll that's not fair. My fiance's father didn't display signs of schizophrenia until Ryan was a teenager.

Welllll that's not fair. My fiance's father didn't display signs of schizophrenia until Ryan was a teenager.
    Completely unfair. But so is having a demented childhood.

Late onset is quite unusual too - it is usually at least prodromal by early 20s . (It happens, Im not questioning the veracity)
    You're entitled to your own opinions. You're not entitled to your own facts.- D. Moynihan

I have a very biased view, obviously. It goes against the idea of "fair play" that everybody loves.
    It sucks to have a hellacious disease like schizophrenia. In my opinion and experience, people try and "even the playing field" for them. Like allowing people who are psychotic and delusional to be in positions of trust ( like raising children) without supervision because it "wouldnt be fair".
    Sometimes it works out ok. Sometimes, like this situation , it ends horribly. Even if the kids survive - who knows what they have been put through by this mother.

Quote Originally Posted by Monter View Post
    I have a very biased view, obviously. It goes against the idea of "fair play" that everybody loves.
    It sucks to have a hellacious disease like schizophrenia. In my opinion and experience, people try and "even the playing field" for them. Like allowing people who are psychotic and delusional to be in positions of trust ( like raising children) without supervision because it "wouldnt be fair".
    Sometimes it works out ok. Sometimes, like this situation , it ends horribly. Even if the kids survive - who knows what they have been put through by this mother.
    Well, I guess it depends on who you are trying to be fair to. The parent or the child. I'd tend to err on doing what's best for the kid(s) but that's not the way our society works.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    Well, I guess it depends on who you are trying to be fair to. The parent or the child. I'd tend to err on doing what's best for the kid(s) but that's not the way our society works.
    Yeah, me too.
    It would break my heart to not raise my son - but if I could not trust my own mind that is what would happen.

i was reading about schizophrenia in one of my textbooks today. it talked about a possible viral connection to schizophrenia, and went on to mention several studies that have shown significantly higher rates of babies born between december and april to later be dx schizophrenic.

i agree that mental health professionals should be handling this. i hope the kids are safe someplace.

Quote Originally Posted by emmieslost View Post
    i was reading about schizophrenia in one of my textbooks today. it talked about a possible viral connection to schizophrenia, and went on to mention several studies that have shown significantly higher rates of babies born between december and april to later be dx schizophrenic.

i agree that mental health professionals should be handling this. i hope the kids are safe someplace.

That's interesting. I wonder if it reverses for the southern hemisphere & does April to August? Gonna have to read up now.

Quote Originally Posted by SuchAClassicGirl View Post

Definitely looking a bit paranoid...just not about her purse
    Where was she at? What kind of place has unlocked doors and no alarm but has video cameras???

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    Where was she at? What kind of place has unlocked doors and no alarm but has video cameras???
    A hotel? A bank? She's not breaking in somewhere, just meandering around.

Thread Information