Thread: Chance Kidder (19) hung himself in his jail cell

Chance Kidder (19) hung himself in his jail cell

Chance A. Kidder, age 19, passed away August 18, 2014 in Spokane, Washington. Chance was born in Washington on March 11, 1995. A memorial will be held Saturday, September 20, 2014 at New Life Assembly Church, 212 N. Main St., Kittitas, WA at 11am. A potluck will follow. Friends and family are welcome.
    Published in Daily Record from Sept. 13 to Sept. 21, 2014
    http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/kvn....3WQ7RfZI.dpuf

Based on this story from 2012, I assume Chance took his own life.

Teenager Comes To Class With A Gunshot Wound

By Eugene Buenaventura. Published Thursday, November 8th, 2012
    <p>Kidder</p>

Kidder

Students from Kittitas Secondary School file out after being on lockdown for more than two hours this morning.

They sat and waited while authorities tried to figure out how their classmate was shot.

"You see it on the news, and you're like oh man I feel bad for the people that must have known that person, what could be going through their heads? You really don't know what to think. It's litterally a shock," said Senior Reed Morgan.

Friends tell us the 17 year old Senior is Chance Kidder.

He was hospitalized this morning, after coming to school with a gunshot wound to the right side of his chest.

Kidder originally told authorities the wound came from an unknown adult man in a neighborhood east of the school grounds.

But later today, the sheriff's department was able to determine that Kidder had in fact shot himself in a barn at his house at about 9 am.

He walked almost two blocks just to get to school, where he then sat in class and students noticed blood coming down his arm.

That's when teachers notified authorities, and both schools were placed in lockdown.

"Law enforcement moved, set up a permiter around that area, and began a search," said Undersheriff Clay Myers.

That search has now been called off---meanwhile, Reed Morgan says the reality of seeing his classmate hurt it is still hitting him.

"It's literally a shock, it's just... Oh my gosh, how could this happen?" said Morgan.

Kidder is currently in satisfactory condition at Harborview Medical Center in Seattle.
    http://www.kapptv.com/article/2012/n...gunshot-wound/

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/chance.kidder

Chance hanged himself in his isolation cell ...

On August 18, 2014, once again at Airway Heights, Chance Kidder, 19, hanged himself?also from the sprinkler head protection cage in his isolation cell. Kidder had been scheduled for release from prison the following day after serving time for auto theft. However, three days earlier Kidder had been placed in the Special Management Unit after getting in a fight with another inmate. As a result his was facing a delay in his release.
    https://www.nwnewsnetwork.org/post/h...ington-prisons

Quote Originally Posted by StarrySky87 View Post
    Chance hanged himself in his isolation cell ...
    The day before he was released from jail? That's odd.

The wording of the article makes me believe Chance's hanging from the sprinkler head at Airway Heights isn't the first.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post
    The day before he was released from jail? That's odd.

The wording of the article makes me believe Chance's hanging from the sprinkler head at Airway Heights isn't the first.
    Yup, the article is about 11 suicides all in all in Washington prisons. I just copied the info about him.

Quote Originally Posted by StarrySky87 View Post
    Yup, the article is about 11 suicides all in all in Washington prisons. I just copied the info about him.
    So are they all legit suicides? Or is something else afoot at Airway Heights?
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

It almost seems like he didn't have anything or wasn't able to take care of himself on the outside. He shot himself (either attempted suicide, wanting attention or wanting to stay in the hospital a couple days). Then getting in a fight when he knew he was going to be released and that would keep him in there longer. Finally, killing himself so close to being released.

Only 19, so sad and heartbreaking
    I can be your *ADDICTION* if you wanna get hooked on something!!

Quote Originally Posted by nclexusgirl View Post
    It almost seems like he didn't have anything or wasn't able to take care of himself on the outside. He shot himself (either attempted suicide, wanting attention or wanting to stay in the hospital a couple days). Then getting in a fight when he knew he was going to be released and that would keep him in there longer. Finally, killing himself so close to being released.

Only 19, so sad and heartbreaking
    As a Washington native Airway heights has a reputation for being the worst of the worst when it comes to jails/prisons (which isn't saying much lol). I had a friend who's husband was there and he said the staff was awful, but again...he was a criminal so that's like asking a man with no nose if something stinks.

Thread Information