Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Blackstone house of horrors: Woman arrested after the bodies of 3 babies were found

Quote Originally Posted by poppy213 View Post
    Ugh, I cannot find any "Michelle" on her friends list, but I did find some more info on where the babies were found....
    (clipped)

If she is a true hoarder, then them dumping all her items will make her soooo mad!
    http://www.masslive.com/news/worcest...elated_stories

I think this is the U.K fies & cataracts house. That's the parents in the pix. Erica's is probably a lot worse.

http://www.irishmirror.ie/news/world...-badly-4209471

Where they don't have maps.......such as..
    Dude had to know something. Plus allowed for his kids to live that way (I'm sorry...40 hours at work while she sits home sucks total ass but those are your children..)
    Boy is his sister in for a surprise when that bill comes
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star
    I was about to be annoyed that this thread was still active, but I see now it's morphed into offers of sex for chilli confectionary, so carry on guys :)

Thanks Blighted Star for correcting the photos being wrong. Darn, I double checked her info by using google translate since it was Turkish. I thought those 2 people were reporters!

"Satisfaction of ones curiosity is one of the greatest sources of happiness in life" Linus Pauling

Here's two actual pictures of the inside of the house. Sorry, can't put them in the post from the tablet.

It says they came from court documents.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2014/09/1...-infants-died/

Tons of police calls to the house. The system failed these kids
    http://boston.cbslocal.com/2014/09/1...ome-discovery/
    Last edited by bermstalker; 09-15-2014 at 03:36 PM.

Photos found by Berm!
    First Look Inside

Court documents related to the August 28 search of the home were released Monday. The paperwork included two photos of the basement from that day, providing the first look inside the house.

Health Inspector Bill Walsh said he expects the cost of the cleanup to exceed $40,000. Three dumpsters worth of trash and 21 containers of biohazardous material were removed from the home.
    The basement of 23 St. Paul Street in Blackstone when investigators visited the home in late August. (Photo from court documents)

Town officials say a decision on possible demolition of the home won?t be made for several days.

The documents claim Murray had not told anyone in her family, including her two oldest children, that the younger children living in the home were hers. When police asked her why that was, she told them she wasn?t planning on having two younger children, because she could not afford it.

Murray?s lawyer, Keith Halpern, told the Associated Press that he?s hopeful the tests will show the dead infants were stillborn. He also expects DNA testing to show that Murray and her longtime boyfriend were the parents of the infants.

The boyfriend hasn?t been charged in connection with the dead infants or the conditions in the home, where he also lived.

"Satisfaction of ones curiosity is one of the greatest sources of happiness in life" Linus Pauling

40 grand? Just knock the house down.

I saw an article saying he knew. When it started to get bad he would complain at work & say why should he hgave to go home & help when he worked a 40hr week & supported his family.

When it got worse he moved to the basement & smoked dope. He had his clothes drycleaned because he couldn' t wash them at home.

The colleague described him crying over his home situation, saying he didn't know what to do about it but couldn't leave her. His solution was to stay & do nothing but smoke dope & occasionally have sex I guess.

I had major dramas copying the article last night & got pissed off & gave up. I'll see if I can find it again.

There's this new one

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/201...oLK/story.html

BLACKSTONE — The couple at the center of a horrendous case of child neglect — and whose home contained the remains of three dead infants — are scheduled to be reunited in the same courthouse next month, each facing different charges related to the depraved scene at their house. Erika L. Murray, a 31-year-old mother being held at a women’s prison in Framingham, is set to appear in Uxbridge District Court Oct. 14 on charges that include concealing fetal death and permitting substantial injury to a child.

Murray’s court-appointed attorney, Keith Halpern, said Monday that he and his client realize that far more serious charges could be filed after examinations are completed of the remains of three infants found in the house. “We have to wait for forensic work to be done,” Halpern said after meeting with Murray for about two hours yesterday. Halpern declined to say what Murray has told him about whether the three infants were born alive, were stillborn, or were the results of miscarriages. If it is determined that the infants were born alive and if their deaths could have been prevented, murder charges could be filed.

Meanwhile, the alleged father of Murray’s four living children, Ramon Rivera III, 37, an employee at the print and copy unit of Staples in Framingham, has not been charged with child endangerment or concealing deaths. He was accused of minor drug charges as a result of seizures made in the basement of the home Aug. 28. Rivera, who is not being held, is also due back in court Oct. 14.

Every time I read something new, I start to feel very sorry for Erika.
    I don't understand Hoarding tho. Just like I never really understand those people on the show Hoarders. I know it's a mental illness, it's just a strange one to me. My husband and I always debate about the episodes that come on. Some people collect junk and some people just collect shit (real shit)

Of course, the husband knew. Every episode I've ever saw of Hoarders, most of the spouses, kids, relatives, and some friends usually always either know..or suspected. Heck, even the neighbors in this case could smell the house. From what I understand about Hoarders- nobody knows what to do with them. How do you make somebody clean up something when they don't see unclean? Obviously Erika was fighting with inter demons. I know in several stories, some of the husbands and kids would try to help the hoarder clean, but it wouldn't take long for the Hoarder to mess it up again.

Maybe the husband in this case tried that and failed....so he moved to the basement afterwards. I can imagine it must be rough to live with somebody that's a hoarder. I do wonder if the husband also got his kid's clothes dry cleaned when he got his own done? I really want to know the answer to that. If he did- I might not think so bad of him. It sounds like he checked out of that relationship a while ago by moving to the basement.

I think the husband probably didn't know the littler kids were his. I read somewhere that Erika told him they were her friends. I think the dead infants died from either stillborn or neglect. Even if she flat out murdered them- I don't see her going to trial.

The couple met while working at a McDonald’s more than a dozen years ago, and at age 18, Murray gave birth to their first child. Unable to support themselves financially, they moved into Murray’s parents’ home and occupied Murray’s childhood bedroom, her lawyer said.

About three years later, when the couple was expecting their second child, the couple moved out of Murray’s childhood home and into the Blackstone home on St. Paul Street, which was owned by Rivera’s sister.

During this move, around 2004, they were aware that the extended family worried about their ability to raise two children, even after Rivera got a sales position at Staples.

For two years, Rivera’s sister’s family also lived in the house, but then around 2006, they moved out.

A year later, the Department of Children and Families visited the home, after getting a complaint about the conditions inside. Agency staff recommended some upgrades, but they did not find the two children in the home to be in danger and closed the case.

It remains unclear just how life unfolded over the next few years and if some of the dead infants, who were found this past week in the house, were born during these years.

It is only known that around 2011, a baby girl was born, an event that initiated Murray’s need to keep up a dual existence: Her cheerful image as a devoted mother with Facebook postings showing two school-age children in Halloween costumes and newly bought school outfits, and a woman struggling, unsuccessfully, with a darker private life.

“Her life became much more isolated after the birth of the 3-year-old,” her lawyer said.

A cleaning crew worker who was at the house this week and asked to remain nameless, said that the conditions there “broke my heart” and that nearly every square foot of the house was covered in rubbish and debris. He said he had to wonder about the mind of the woman who oversaw this household.

As he left, he said, he noticed a small wooden sign decorating an area above the stove. It read: “#1 Mom.”http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/201...aLN/story.html

A picture inside the house-after it was cleaned

BLACKSTONE — The live-in boyfriend of a Blackstone woman who resided in a squalid home where authorities found the remains of three infants last week told a friend that he was in “complete shock” after learning that he was probably the father of two small children taken from the house in August, according to the friend.

The man said he spoke with Ramon Rivera III after Rivera met with representatives from the state Department of Children and Families. During the meeting, an official told Rivera that he was the father of all four children taken from the vermin-infested home at 23 St. Paul St. that he shared with his girlfriend, 31-year-old Erika Murray, the friend said.

Murray is being held on charges that include concealing fetal death and permitting substantial injury to a child. Four children — ages 5 months and 3, 10, and 13 years — were taken from the residence on Aug. 28, and the remains of three infants were found there on Wednesday and Thursday.

Rivera’s friend spoke to the Globe on condition that he not be named, because he does not want to be associated with the case. He said he has known Rivera since 2000 when they worked together at a McDonald’s restaurant in Northbridge.

From early 2011 until last year, the man said, he participated in a regular card game held in the basement of the home that Rivera and Murray shared.
    The friend said Rivera “was in absolute, complete shock” after learning he probably fathered the 5-month-old and the 3-year-old, in addition to the two older children.

Rivera has not been charged in connection with unsanitary conditions found in the home, but is accused of growing marijuana in the basement.

The four children are now under DCF supervision.

The meeting where Rivera was informed about the two younger children took place before police found the remains of infants in the house, the friend said. He added that Rivera was unaware of the deplorable conditions on the second floor where the two younger children were found.

“Just like everyone else, he also thinks he should have known,” the friend said. “She had everybody fooled.”

Rivera, the friend said, often slept on a couch in the basement. The house also has a separate entrance to the basement, which Rivera’s friends used for the card games, the man said.

“He wants the truth to be his support,” he said.
    http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/201...c0290d80354e1e
    Last edited by bermstalker; 09-18-2014 at 02:45 AM.

Lawyer: 1 Dead Baby In Blackstone Home Was Born Alive

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2014/10/1...as-born-alive/
    BOSTON (AP) ? A lawyer for the Massachusetts woman facing charges after the skeletal remains of three babies were found in her squalid home says she had the babies starting about eight years ago, including one infant she said was born alive and lived for several days.
    Attorney Keith Halpern said Friday that Erika Murray told police she put the baby down for a nap and when she returned about an hour or two later, the baby was dead. The Boston Herald was the first to report the information Murray told authorities.
    Murray, 31, is being held on $1 million bail on charges that include fetal death concealment.
    Prosecutors have said that two of the dead babies found in Murray?s vermin-infested Blackstone home may have been alive for ?some period of time.? They said the remains of all three infants were found inside two bedroom closets.
    Halpern said Murray had the three babies in the years between her 10-year-old son and a 3-year-old daughter. Prosecutors say the 3-year-old and a 5-month-old girl were profoundly neglected.
    The state Department of Children and Families removed four children ranging in age from 5 months to 13 years from Murray?s home in August after her 10-year-old son asked a neighbor for help in quieting a crying baby. The neighbor found the 5-month-old and 3-year-old both covered in their own feces, in separate bedrooms.
    Murray?s lawyer, as well as friends and neighbors, have said Murray hid the existence of the two youngest children from her family and her live-in boyfriend, Raymond Rivera III.
    After police interviewed Murray?s two oldest children, they got a search warrant and went back to the house, where they found the skeletal remains of one baby in a backpack in the closet of an upstairs bedroom. Police then obtained another search warrant, and this time found the remains of two other babies inside another bedroom closet.
    During a bail hearing for Murray earlier this week, prosecutors said the state medical examiner?s officer is trying to determine how old the babies were and how they died. Two of the bodies were clothed in diapers and one-piece infant outfits.
    Halpern said Murray appears to have mental health issues and he has retained experts to evaluate her and prepare a defense. He said the fact that two of the dead babies were wearing clothing does not prove that they were born alive or lived for any period of time.
    ?There are people who are skeptical of mental illness being raised as a defense in any criminal case, but if you don?t believe that a woman who lives in the squalor that she lived in, a woman who decides to keep two children hidden from the world and who keeps not only the remains of three children in a bedroom closet, but the remains of family pets ?if you don?t listen to those facts and conclude that she is severely mentally ill, then there?s no such thing as mental illness,? Halpern said.
    Tim Connolly, a spokesman for Worcester District Attorney Joseph Early Jr., declined to comment. ?If we?re going to say anything about this case, we?ll say it in open court,? Connolly said.

Quote Originally Posted by sogs View Post
    Nothing matters but the lesbian.

Worcester County Asst. District Attorney John Bradley said that two of the infants were dressed in onesies when their decomposed remains were found.

"We do know that two of those babies, two of the skeletal remains of those babies were clothed. They had diapers on," Bradley said.

One of the three dead babies was stuffed inside a backpack.

"Inside a closet in one of the upstairs bedrooms, they found a skeleton of a young baby, with a full head of hair," Bradley said.

The closet was in the bedroom of Murray’s two older children, 10 and 13.

Read more: http://www.wcvb.com/news/parents-in-...#ixzz3GUEE4XiW

Here's a picture of the boyfriend
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ies-alive.html
    Last edited by bermstalker; 10-18-2014 at 01:20 AM.

At this link, there is a video. It's disgusting.
    http://www.necn.com/news/new-england...281840111.html
    Last edited by bermstalker; 11-08-2014 at 04:05 AM.

Senior Member UncomfortablyNumb's Avatar
    Those pictures give me serious anxiety. Never in a million years could I live like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    She transitioned from a stupid asshole to a dumb bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by UncomfortablyNumb View Post
    Those pictures give me serious anxiety. Never in a million years could I live like that.

The pictures were tame compared to the video. It showed real shit smeared on the walls. I gagged watching it.

That woman has to be mentally ill to live in that shit. She barely left the house in 10 years-so I'm guessing she gave birth at home and didn't take the children to the doctor?

The older children had to have gone to school in smelly, dirty clothes. I just don't understand how stuff like this can go on for long without intervention.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

http://www.masslive.com/news/worcest..._story_package

Erika Murray facing murder charges for dead babies found in her Blackstone home

(Dec. 16, 2014) WORCESTER ? Erika Murray will face two counts of murder and one count of fetal death concealment after the remains of three dead babies were found inside her Blackstone home in September.

Murray will also found two counts of assault and battery with serious bodily injury for the two youngest living children found severely neglected and abused and two more counts of reckless endangerment for keeping her two oldest children living in "squalid conditions," said Worcester District Attorney Joseph D. Early, Jr. during a press conference Tuesday afternoon.

The charges against Murray, 31, came after a Worcester County grand jury heard evidence relating to what investigators found at her home on 23 St. Paul St. in Blackstone in August and September.

Police were first called to the home in late August after the 10-year-old boy asked neighbor how to get a baby to stop crying and the neighbor, seeing the "horrifying" conditions in the home, called police.

Investigators then found a 3-year-old, who looked like she'd been "dipped in feces" and a 5-month-old severely malnourished and neglected in the upstairs bedrooms of the home.

In September, investigators returned to the home and found the remains of an infant, placental still attached, stuffed in a backpack in a closet in the "trash-strewn and vermin-infested" home, according to prosecutors. A subsequent search found skeletal remains of two more babies in the home.

The grand jury also handed up indictments against Murray's boyfriend and the father of the children, Raymond Rivera, 38, who also lived in the home.

Rivera had initially only been facing marijuana charges, but he was indicted and arraigned on Tuesday on seven charges, including two counts of assault and battery on a child causing substantial bodily injury, two counts of reckless endangerment of a child, two counts of cruelty to animals and one count of cultivating marijuana.

Murray is also facing two counts of animal cruelty for the treatment of a dog and cat found in the home.

She will be arraigned at Worcester Superior Court on Dec. 29.

http://www.masslive.com/news/worcest..._story_package

Prosecutor: Raymond Rivera slept 8 feet from where neglected children kept in Blackstone home

(Dec. 16, 2014) WORCESTER ? Despite Raymond Rivera repeatedly claiming he was not aware of the existence of the two severely neglected children found in the Blackstone home where the remains of three dead babies were also found, prosecutors on Tuesday said they have evidence he slept in a bedroom just eight feet away.

Rivera, 38, was arraigned on Tuesday afternoon in Worcester Superior Court on seven charges, including two counts of assault and battery on a child causing substantial bodily injury, two counts of reckless endangerment of a child, two counts of cruelty to animals and one count of cultivating marijuana.

He had initially been facing only marijuana charges even after investigators pulled the remains of three dead babies from the home in September. His girlfriend, Erika Murray, is now facing murder charges.

The investigators searched the home after the Department of Children and Families removed four children from the home, including a 3-year-old and a 5-month-old who were both found severely malnourished and covered in their own feces.

In interviews with the press, Rivera had said his time at the Blackstone home was largely confined to the basement and that he had only known about the 3-year-old child, whom Murray told him she was babysitting.

"There's simply no way he could have lived in this house and slept seven to eight feet away without knowing about the existence of these two children," said Assistant District Attorney John Bradley as he argued Rivera should be held on a $250,000 cash bail.

He described how the older children told investigators that the cries of the 5-month-old were "blistering" and that the 3-year-old would repeatedly bang on the wall.

A pediatrician who examined the two young children told prosecutors they were the worst cases she'd seen in her years as a doctor.

"She compared the state of the two young children to video footage of Romanian orphanages from the 1990s," Bradley said.

Bradley said there is evidence that Rivera shared a bedroom with Murray that was just down the hallway from the rooms of the two children.

"It is troubling to stand next to this man. He is truly despondent at this point," said Longton of Rivera?s state of mind. He was shaking and crying throughout the arraignment.

Rivera is being held on $100,000 cash bail, an amount Longton said it seems unlikely he will post.

He is due back in court on Jan. 14 for a pre-trial conference.
    Quote Originally Posted by Not your business View Post
    I will out think the fucking pants off of you and you would thank me for helping you out of them.

he's a piece of shit too.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

I could not believe it when his co-workers were defending him & saying it wasn't his fault/didn't know/tried to help her/all her fault etcetc. Pretty sure that when the marijuana plants were brought up someone claimed it was because he was so devastated at his situation because she wouldn't respond to his help - even his drug use was the fault of a mentally ill woman.

He's shaking & crying because he's discovered he can't bullshit everyone the way he did his co-workers. I hope the older kids open up about his involvement now that they're safe & the people who felt bad for him send their sympathies where they're actually deserved.

Look at this! He walked through this house & by all accounts he's a nice normal guy so no mental illness in his case

(that English house upthread, that we once considered awful really looks sparkly clean by comparison)

I decided to see if there was an update on this story. You can google "Blackstone House of Horrors" and see ton of pictures that have been released in this case. Disgusting.

Here's an article where the man talks about how he didn't know anything. He lived in the basement. LOL
    http://boston.cbslocal.com/2014/11/1...er-speaks-out/
    The man who lived in the basement of a squalid home where the remains of three babies were found spoke out Wednesday for the first time, saying he was unaware of the “inhuman” and “unbelievable” conditions his children were living in because he was not allowed upstairs.
    “I was crushed that she would do that,” a trembling and crying Raymond Rivera said, following a brief court appearance in Uxbridge District Court. “I never saw the infant at all.”
    An updated report on the man

BLACKSTONE, Mass. (WPRI) — The man who was living in the basement of the Blackstone house of squalor is scheduled to appear before a judge Wednesday.

Raymond Rivera has been charged with two counts of assault and battery, and two counts of reckless endangerment of a child.

Rivera’s girlfriend, Erika Murray, has pleaded not guilty to nine charges, including two counts of murder.

The mother of seven children — four living, three deceased — originally had been charged with fetal death concealment after the remains were found in her Blackstone home in September. She pleaded not guilty to that lower charge and has been held on $1 million bail.

Rivera told police that he had no idea about the living conditions because he was not allowed to come upstairs, and only found out back in August 2014 that a three year old and six month old child living upstairs were his own.

“I was crushed that she would do that,” said Rivera. “I never saw the infant at all.”

The St. Paul Street home was demolished in October 2014 after officials discovered the deceased infants along with piles of trash, vermin, dirty diapers, and dead animals.

The four living children have been in DCYF custody following the discovery.http://wwlp.com/2015/01/14/resident-...pear-in-court/

Thread Information