Thread: Unsolved Mysteries

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks

Unsolved Mysteries

Does anyone watch Unsolved Mysteries? I've been watching for years. I just found out today that a case that I've seen at least 6 times, involves someone I know. It was the Final Appeal of Steve Shores and the Garrison Hester murder. To make a long story short, the person named Blood, I've known since I was a child, and he's my cousins father. Crazy! Here are a few links.

http://unsolvedmysteries.wikia.com/wiki/Steve_Shores

http://openjurist.org/942/f2d/1117/shore-v-warden-stateville-prison

Btw, David "Bo" Burns did the murder. Chester Blood Bland covered for him, and is the person I know.

My mom loved that show when I was a kid (the original version, not the stupid re-vamped ones). So of course, I would watch it and of course, it scared the crap out of me. If you're interested, there is a great UM message board here. http://www.sitcomsonline.com/boards/...play.php?f=322 They would probably be interested to know that you knew someone featured on the show. :)

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Used to LOVE that show. Robert Stack was the shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by hamdinger125 View Post
    My mom loved that show when I was a kid (the original version, not the stupid re-vamped ones). So of course, I would watch it and of course, it scared the crap out of me. If you're interested, there is a great UM message board here. http://www.sitcomsonline.com/boards/...play.php?f=322 They would probably be interested to know that you knew someone featured on the show. :)
    Thanks! I love both versions.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I agree! RIP Mr. Stack

I love Unsolved Mysteries. I always remember the one with the guy who lit the fire and was talking in the creepy voice while filming it.

Senior Member UncomfortablyNumb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hamdinger125 View Post
    Robert Stack is the shit, but as a kid he used to scare the shit out of me. (Much like hamdinger) I would always watch it anyway and then be terrified to go to sleep because all I'd hear is his voice.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    She transitioned from a stupid asshole to a dumb bitch.

wiki

In 1992, Unsolved Mysteries filmed in Texas and cast Matthew McConaughey to play a murder victim. This was one of McConaughey's earliest on-screen roles.
    Out of more than 1000 cases profiled in 260 episodes, over half the cases featuring wanted fugitives have been solved, most as a result of viewer tips. More than one hundred families have been reunited with lost loved ones and several cases involving missing heirs, murder, fraud and amnesia have also been solved. In seven cases, individuals wrongly convicted of crimes have been released following UM broadcasts.

Unsolved Mysteries is produced by Cosgrove/Meurer Productions and was created by Executive Producers John Cosgrove and Terry Dunn Meurer. It was broadcast for ten seasons on NBC and two seasons on CBS. Unsolved Mysteries has received six Emmy nominations and numerous commendations from law enforcement agencies, including the FBI and US Marshals Service. The host of the first pilot/special was Raymond Burr. Karl Malden hosted the next two specials and then Robert Stack hosted the remaining programs on NBC and CBS. When Unsolved was brought to cable on SPIKE TV and LIFETIME, Dennis Farina became the host.http://unsolved.com/about

Oh yea, he was super creepy. Sometimes I will catch it, not often enough.

Queena, the names you posted sound familiar. Off to have a looksy. Thanks for posting.

Fibro Fog has taken over. I am in a constant state of dyscognition so please excuse my retardation.
    'The worst things in the world are justified by belief'- Raised by Wolves SOI

"Your life is short, it's the longest thing you'll ever do/ the worse the curse was that your dreams came true/
    God is a mirror in which each man sees himself/ Hell is place where you don't need anyone's help"

~You got to cry with out weeping. Talk without speaking
    Scream without raising your voice~

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    I love Unsolved Mysteries. I always remember the one with the guy who lit the fire and was talking in the creepy voice while filming it.
    That episode was SPOOKY!!!!!!
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    "Look at it, Omar!"

I've seen that clip on at least one other crime show. I believe that case was solved.

Oh geez, that case sure was mucked up. I cannot fathom the court taking the word of those two and with zero evidence against Steve Shores.

I am glad he was released, finally. I read where he was thinking about suicide, he never gave up though and kept with the Habeas Corpus.

I don't understand why he had to plea the Alford plea. I know what the Alford plea is, so basically he had to admit guilt even though he is innocent, like the WM3.

Fibro Fog has taken over. I am in a constant state of dyscognition so please excuse my retardation.

"Your life is short, it's the longest thing you'll ever do/ the worse the curse was that your dreams came true/
    God is a mirror in which each man sees himself/ Hell is place where you don't need anyone's help"

Hey Queena, I finally got to watch this episode of Unsolved Mysteries.

After you posted about this case I programmed my DVR to record UM every morning, and wallah this case shows up. I got a better understanding after viewing the episode.

I am so relieved Steve Shores was finally released and his attitude amazes me and I am glad the thugs that really murdered Garrison are where they belong. I still cannot fathom
    why that judge would take the word of two known gang members over Steve, who they had zero evidence on. smh

Thanks for bringing this case to our attention.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    What do you guys think about the new series?
    Are there new episodes? I caught the 8 or so last year.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    The new series, you mean the one with Dennis Farrina as the host? I don't like them. First of all, they don't give dates on the disappearances/crimes...likely because they're old as holy goat fuck and no one alive now was even alive back then.

Or is there newer Unsolved Mysteries?
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

Thread Information