Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Documentaries worth watching

The few episodes of Scientology with Leah Remini that I've seen were pretty interesting.
    Gooble goble gooble goble one of us one of us. t(-_-)t

This is fairly old, it may have already been mentioned, but "Confluence" is well worth a watch...

https://vimeo.com/51442715
    "Three homicides. Two disappearances. One suspect. "

Don't know if it's been mentioned yet but 'Shut Up Little Man' is a great one. It's on Vudu, ITunes and Amazon.

^^this is about a friend who is making a movie for his best friends baby to watch when he grows up. But his friend is killed by the baby's mother, he continues to document the events and the really surprising and tragic ending. Excellent documentary.

Ohhhhh, we're all too familiar with that one round these parts.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Getting arrested for coke in Vegas is like being found eating a chocolate bar in the willy wonka factory.

Netflix- Dr. Feelgood.

Awesome documentary. It's about opiate addiction and the one dr. who over prescribed to his patients. A real eyeopener.

I have just watched the worst documentary ever. It's called The Overtaken. It's about kids heroin/opiate addictions. The thing is awful. These kids are unlikable and don't seem to take any personal blame because the general conscientious is that it's pot the gateway drugs problem. lol This was done by two mothers to show at schools to stop drug use, but there is no real horror stories or endings. I don't know how anyone would not do drugs after seeing this. I think it personifies the just say no - it doesn't apply to me, mentality of south Orange County's bubble of false bliss. I loved the few who said they didn't understand or know that Oxycontin and/or ecstasy could be bad for them. Mind you this was during the hey day for both of those drugs. The outcomes/deaths/tradgedies of the use of both of those were splashed all over the internet, social medias. and the news. We here saw a lot of od's and tragic events come during that time. I guess I just call bullshit on the I didn't know crap. I knew as a kid in the 1970's heroin and pills were bad. Sorry for the rant I just had to vent it out, it was better than banging my head against the wall.

I saw a good doc a few weeks ago on HBO about whats going on in Syria and their civil war and quite frankly this is the first time I've actually liked Trump based on what happened today.

Quote Originally Posted by Deviant Toaster View Post
    I have just watched the worst documentary ever. It's called The Overtaken. It's about kids heroin/opiate addictions. The thing is awful. These kids are unlikable and don't seem to take any personal blame because the general conscientious is that it's pot the gateway drugs problem. lol This was done by two mothers to show at schools to stop drug use, but there is no real horror stories or endings. I don't know how anyone would not do drugs after seeing this. I think it personifies the just say no - it doesn't apply to me, mentality of south Orange County's bubble of false bliss. I loved the few who said they didn't understand or know that Oxycontin and/or ecstasy could be bad for them. Mind you this was during the hey day for both of those drugs. The outcomes/deaths/tradgedies of the use of both of those were splashed all over the internet, social medias. and the news. We here saw a lot of od's and tragic events come during that time. I guess I just call bullshit on the I didn't know crap. I knew as a kid in the 1970's heroin and pills were bad. Sorry for the rant I just had to vent it out, it was better than banging my head against the wall.
    Did you watch that doc I recommended right above your post? Dr. Feelgood? I would def. rate it 5 stars out of 5 stars. It goes into the whole Oxy problem and how it all started. Most of the problems started with one doctor (he is on the doc) and he goes into a lot of details on why he did what he did. You'll either walk away understanding his position or you'll hate him and think he's a POS drug dealer.

Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    Did you watch that doc I recommended right above your post? Dr. Feelgood? I would def. rate it 5 stars out of 5 stars. It goes into the whole Oxy problem and how it all started. Most of the problems started with one doctor (he is on the doc) and he goes into a lot of details on why he did what he did. You'll either walk away understanding his position or you'll hate him and think he's a POS drug dealer.
    Yes! I watched it last night. It was a really good one with tons of info. Thanks for posting it!

Gonna watch Blood into Wine documentary. Seems very interesting about Maynard James Keenan's Caduceus Cellars wine. Anyone who would name their vineyards Merkin, after a pubic wig, seems like an entertaining watch.

Has anyone seen this?

"Theoretical physics can prove that an elephant can hang from a cliff with its tail tied to a daisy. But use your eyes, your common sense".... JIM GARRISON

Pet Fooled. Pretty informative and interesting documentary on the pet food industry.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

Aunt Dianne is pretty alright, on HBO.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_T..._Parkway_crash

The Keepers

Quote Originally Posted by EricVader View Post
    The Keepers
    Yes, this. I binged the whole thing in a few days after the release. It makes me so angry that the Catholic church is still trying to defend themselves against this shit, there is no excuse for all of the cover-ups and bullshit they have pulled.

I will include a link, but I'm unsure if you can view it there unless you are Canadian, or at least have a vpn/proxy to pretend you are.

Okay, so I'm going to recommend this with a large caveat; if you choose to watch it, be prepared that you are likely not only to get very angry, but if you choose to actually watch the footage included (they give you fair warning), you will not be able to get it out of your head. I actually watched this a few years ago, and I have not seen it since, but the images are burned into my brain. I have thought about it often since then, it's just mind boggling. I am horrified by the Canadian justice and prison system. Nothing much has changed since.

This is an episode of the Canadian investigative documentary show 'The Fifth Estate'. It's about Ashley Smith, a 19 year old girl who died while in custody at a women's prison in Ontario. Horrifyingly, she was only 15 when she was sentenced to one month in a youth detention center for throwing a crab apple at a postman (seriously), which then stretched into almost four years because of behavioral issues while in custody. Then, she died, because prison officers were assholes and they sat there and watched her while she was obviously in serious distress, and did nothing.

Her only problem was that she very clearly needed treatment for mental health issues, not being given more time and more segregation when she acted out, which only exacerbated her issues. They just treated her instead like a naughty child who was acting out, and a nuisance, when it was clear that she needed help, not discipline.

http://www.cbc.ca/fifth/episodes/200...out-of-control
    Last edited by strozzapreti; 05-27-2017 at 08:14 AM.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LnHxsjc2h8Y Another Canadian case. This is about Justin Bourque. June 4, 2014 he murdered 3 cops and shot 2 others, then took off, causing us to be put on lockdown. Schools were closed, malls were too. This all happened within a 15 minute drive to my house. I will warn u, I?m not sure if it?s because I know 1 of the cops personally or if it?s actually as sad as it sounds to me but the transmission between the officers and dispatch as they?re screaming for help is just hell to listen to. But. It?s an interesting case.

Rich Hill on Netflix is pretty good and depressing.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2548738/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    "Long Shot" on Netflix is a short, powerful documentary that I hella enjoyed. Very, very good.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

Where they don't have maps.......such as..
    Web of Lies: Crime Scene Selfie. Yes it's a semi-corny one hour crime show, but those kids are now students of mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star
    I was about to be annoyed that this thread was still active, but I see now it's morphed into offers of sex for chilli confectionary, so carry on guys :)

Just got Diary of a Deadbeat the story of Jim Van Bebber. I've been wanting to see this since I heard they were making it.
    Last edited by puke; 02-12-2018 at 10:45 PM.

The Family I Had was really good but very sad.

What screws us up most in life,is the picture in our heads of how it's supposed to be..

I just watched the Snapped special of Ted Bundy where a few of the victims speak...hearing the victims was SO heart breaking. :( I recommend.
    It?s also the first doc I?ve ever watched where they ACTUALLY DONT make Ted Bundy out to be this ?God-Like? serial killer/Rapist.

Also 13 Families was really good. About the families of the victims of Columbine. I cried through the entire thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWqACvTknls

The Jonestown movie. Dang its been 4 decades since Jones forced his victims to die because of his orders though and the lead up to the deaths.

Thread Information