Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Documentaries worth watching

Quote Originally Posted by puke View Post
    There's a doc. about Joy Division on comcast on demand under the independent section of free movies, if you're into them.
    I saw a movie about Joy Division, I think it was called "Control," but I'm not sure if I saw a documentary about them. I'm going to check it out.

Last night, I watched a documentary called "Holy Hell." It was about a cult but a cult like none other I'd ever heard about. The leader of the cult was a failed actor. He was dying to be taken seriously as a dancer/singer and actually staged these musicals with other members of the cult. He cared more about his looks and the looks of his followers than just about anything else. He had numerous plastic surgeries and would "suggest" that others in the cult had procedures as well. The men walked around most of the time in nothing but shoes and speedos. He would tell his lover that the only reason they didn't get AIDS was because they were with him. The name of the cult was Buddafield. Here's the link:

Here is the wiki page about the documentary: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holy_Hell_(2016_film). Its on Netflix, but if you don't have an account, I think you can watch on YouTube. There are also several videos on YouTube by "Buddafield" or members of the cult. I DO NEED TO JUST WARN YOU ABOUT ONE THING--THE WOMEN INTERVIEWED FOR THIS FILM CRY ALOT. I MEAN THEY'RE VERY UPSET AND THEY CRY. THEY CRY AND CRY AND CRY.

This reminds me of the cult in Bubbleboy.
    Gooble goble gooble goble one of us one of us. t(-_-)t

That's hysterical!! I've never seen that movie and now I know why. There aren't enough drugs on the planet to get me to be in a cult like that.

I just que'd Holy Hell up. It looks like a hoot.

All of the docs I have watched this week have been on art, so nothing particularly amazing to throw into the ring.

Not really sure where to put this.

I've been watching on the ID channel a show called "the mind of a murderer"
    Dr. Michelle Ward goes into the prison systems and talks to murderers.
    Dr. Ward possesses a unique ability to push murderers to the limit, getting them to admit things they wouldn't confess to anyone else. She is trained to go beyond excuses and get to the psychological core of why people commit heinous acts - and she does it alone in a room, face-to-face with coldblooded killers.
    http://www.investigationdiscovery.co...of-a-murderer/
    Here's the podcast
    http://www.investigationdiscovery.co...derer-podcast/

She did an interview with Matthew Cushing a few weeks ago. Wow. A totally normal looking dude. Normal life. It was so eerie hearing him talk about how he always thought of killing people. Even when he was a little kid he thought of killing his friends.
    From the outside it appears 21-year-old Matthew Cushing has a perfect life, but he shocks everyone when he murders three in his family.

I'm watching 13th on Netflix. It's pretty good.

It led me to youtube where I found the original birth of a nation. A three hour silent movie I feel like I need to watch. Ugh.

I watched a pretty freaky documentary this morning. Its called "The Blackout Experiments." Its sort of like that movie "The Game," with Sean Penn and Michael Douglas. People pay to basically get mind fucked and sometimes even physically hurt. I noticed at the beginning of the documentary that one of the women featured looked really familiar to me and I couldn't place her, but then she commented that she used to be addicted to inhalants and I immediately remembered that she was on the show "Intervention." That episode of Intervention was really hardcore. Here's a snippet from YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3g99h4qaCio

Anyway, here is the link to the movie and the wiki page:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Blackout_Experiments

http://www.theblackoutexperience.com/

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by McCourt View Post
    I watched a pretty freaky documentary this morning. Its called "The Blackout Experiments." Its sort of like that movie "The Game," with Sean Penn and Michael Douglas. People pay to basically get mind fucked and sometimes even physically hurt. I noticed at the beginning of the documentary that one of the women featured looked really familiar to me and I couldn't place her, but then she commented that she used to be addicted to inhalants and I immediately remembered that she was on the show "Intervention." That episode of Intervention was really hardcore. Here's a snippet from YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3g99h4qaCio

Anyway, here is the link to the movie and the wiki page:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Blackout_Experiments

http://www.theblackoutexperience.com/
    ALLISON IS AN MDS FAVORITE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Allison both frightens and intrigues me.

I just finished watching Miss You Can Do It. I may or may not have had to break it into smaller segments because I was bawling my eyes out. The little girl that one won the pageant was amazing.

Here's a trailer:

Last edited by Angiebla; 10-19-2016 at 07:25 AM.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    ALLISON IS AN MDS FAVORITE!!!!

She's worth it. LOL Of course I wasn't surprised to see her involved with something as weird as Blackout.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    "Queen Mimi" on Netflix. Omg, it's really sweet and awesome.
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    "Queen Mimi" on Netflix. Omg, it's really sweet and awesome.
    I just watched it tonight

I watched a good doc called "Man-Eating Zombie Cats" on Animal Planet.

I have been telling people for years that if they see a raccoon out, during the day, to stay away from it and report it to the department of health. The disease it most likey has is Distemper. It's a nasty disease that affects the brain, and it is contagious and does affect dogs. There is no cure well Distemper is spreading to the big cats, and as a result these animals are losing a fear of humans. It's not good.

Here's a clip of the doc *WARNING* a dog dies, just want to give a heads up.

Last edited by Angiebla; 10-31-2016 at 06:59 PM.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Pervert Park follows the everyday lives of the sex offenders in the park as they struggle to reintegrate into society.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4074304/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Starting this right now, on netflix if interested.

Yeah that was just depressing and pretty disgusting.

Yeah that was just depressing and pretty disgusting.
    you expected an uplifting tale full of romance, heroics and intrigue?
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

There were a few times I actually started feeling sorry for some of them because of their terrible childhood stories. There was one guy who lost his wife and kid in a car crash which caused him to start drugs and drinking and I really felt bad for him until he explained why he's a registered sex offender.

Pervert Park follows the everyday lives of the sex offenders in the park as they struggle to reintegrate into society.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4074304/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Starting this right now, on netflix if interested.
    I'm going to watch this in a few minutes.

If you want to, it was just kind of disturbing and uncomfortable to watch. I felt like I was hanging out with these people.

If you want to, it was just kind of disturbing and uncomfortable to watch. I felt like I was hanging out with these people.
    Well I watched it. I honestly wouldn't mind hearing about someone just blowing the entire park off the map. I found it interesting how they spent so much time describing in detail all the wrongs that they perceive having been done to them their entire lives but then quickly glossed over their crimes. The woman who had an ongoing sexual relationship with her own father and then continued the tradition with her own 8-year old son made me want to throw my computer. She's the only one that came close to describing her own crimes and even she left a ton of shit out. The guy with blue hair who tried to make it seem like he was just in the wrong place at the wrong time, talking to the wrong police officer on line tried to seem like the most innocent one out of the bunch, but I get the feeling that he was leaving a whole lot out of his story. I'm going to see if I can find more information on him. Okay, he totally left out a few things when he was telling his sob story. I hope the following makes sense, but I included the link if it does not:

Crime Information - Qualifying Offenses
    Adjudication Date
    Crime Description
    Court Case Number
    Jurisdiction & State
    Adjudication
    03/13/2015
    USE COMPUTR SEX W/MINOR; F.S. 847.0135(2)
    Citrus, FL
    Guilty/convict
    06/26/2012
    Use Internet to solicit/attempt solicit etc. a child for sex/lewdness etc; F.S. 847.0135(3)
    Citrus, FL
    Guilty/convict
    03/13/2015
    Traveling to meet minor to commit unlawful sexual offense, F.S. 847.0135(4)
    Citrus, FL
    Guilty/convict
    03/13/2015
    Lewd Or Lascivious Exhibition, Victim Under 16, Offender 18 or Older; F.S. 800.04(7)(b)
    Citrus, FL
    Guilty/convict
    06/26/2012
    Lewd, Lascivious batt sex w/victim 12-15 years old; F.S. 800.04(4)(a)
    Citrus, FL
    Guilty/convict
    Victim Information
    Link to FDLE

http://offender.fdle.state.fl.us/off...personId=79912

How come Florida seems to end up with most of these pervs?
    Last edited by McCourt; 11-08-2016 at 01:24 PM.

Babies behind bars-Netflix
    Babies Behind Bars: Follows pregnancy and birth in prison, including the 'Wee Ones' program at the women's prison in Indiana, in which well-behaved prisoners are allowed to keep their babies in a nursery wing with other inmates as nannies.
    I thought it was heartbreaking. A great program, but only 10 women can get into the program.

I posted this in the Slenderman thread, but I wanted to post it here for those that may not see it.

HBO "Beware the Slenderman" - highly recommend.

Just started slender man now, berm.

Ive been watching a series that had me hooked, its called "Evil lives here" ypu can stream it on youtube. I think it was originally aired on the ID channel.

I watched Beware the Slenderman and have more questions than before I watched it. Anyone else? Who wants to chat about this?!?!?

I have lots of docs I love but need to go through this post to see is people have already mentioned. Lost Angels: Skid Row Is My Home being one of my faves.

Captain of Fuckery captainjillian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wondery View Post
    I watched Beware the Slenderman and have more questions than before I watched it. Anyone else? Who wants to chat about this?!?!?

I have lots of docs I love but need to go through this post to see is people have already mentioned. Lost Angels: Skid Row Is My Home being one of my faves.
    I watched the Slenderman one too and it was good but, yes, seriously what the hell!
    One of my favorite one's is the original one Nick Broomfield did on Aileen Wuornos and then the follow up as well. I just really love her case.

I've been in the mood for cult type documentaries lately, and I consider Scientology a cult, so I liked Going Clear, but if you guys have any other ones that are well done, I love those. Anything on cults, communes, crazy organized religion. I've seen a lot of them, I am forever fascinated by Jim Jones, David Koresh, etc.

I never try anything, I just do it. Wanna try me?

Thread Information