Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Documentaries worth watching

Quote Originally Posted by Queena View Post
    Oh Something's wrong with Aunt Diane left me puzzled. I still think that it was a last minute suicide.
    I've watched this one three times now, and I am still confounded. I just do not see how that could have been an accident in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

Just watched the Bridgend documentary. How horribly sad the whole thing was. And that Justin Beecham who hung himself just three weeks after sitting next to his mom in that interview.... Depressing as hell, that was.

Watching Dear Zachary now.

Jesus. This Shirley woman is off her nut.

Edited to add: Oh, God. I just hit a point of this documentary I didn't see coming and wish I could have missed entirely.
    Last edited by PeaceBeWithMe; 11-26-2014 at 09:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBeWithMe View Post
    I've watched this one three times now, and I am still confounded. I just do not see how that could have been an accident in any way.
    We have a thread on that case here:
    http://mydeathspace.com/vb/showthrea...sh-Revelations

Sadly we lost some good info in one of the forum crashes but there IS some good stuff still there.
    I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. - Donnie Darko

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    I wish I could unread everything I read about Bridgend. That's worse than The Bridge. I think I will pass on that. I can't take that type of human suffering. I must find kiddie videos, or something happy.

I'm watching "The Devil's Graveyards" now. Pretty interesting.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Is anyone else in love with Louis Theroux and his documentaries? I wish he had his own channel, because I would watch every day lol. I saw an awesome one last night as part of his LA Stories series about people who were apparently terminally ill in California and their care/death choices.

If anyone wants to watch it, here's a link

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x23...e-of-life_news

And here is another Louis one regarding swingers

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x27...gers_lifestyle

Last Days Here

Documentary follows Bobby Liebling, lead singer of seminal hard rock/heavy metal band Pentagram, as he battles decades of hard drug addiction and personal demons to try and get his life back.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1723126/?ref_=fn_al_tt_2

I just saw this last week and I thought it was really good but I'm also a Pentagram fan so take its worth. Its on Netflix for those of you that have an account. I was just about to order the dvd on Amazon when I remembered she had an account so I got hooked up for free.
    Gooble goble gooble goble one of us one of us. t(-_-)t

She=my sister
    Gooble goble gooble goble one of us one of us. t(-_-)t

Quote Originally Posted by puke View Post
    Last Days Here

Documentary follows Bobby Liebling, lead singer of seminal hard rock/heavy metal band Pentagram, as he battles decades of hard drug addiction and personal demons to try and get his life back.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1723126/?ref_=fn_al_tt_2

I just saw this last week and I thought it was really good but I'm also a Pentagram fan so take its worth. Its on Netflix for those of you that have an account. I was just about to order the dvd on Amazon when I remembered she had an account so I got hooked up for free.
    I watched Last Days Here a few months ago and glad I did.

Fibro Fog has taken over. I am in a constant state of dyscognition so please excuse my retardation.
    'The worst things in the world are justified by belief'- Raised by Wolves SOI

"Your life is short, it's the longest thing you'll ever do/ the worse the curse was that your dreams came true/
    God is a mirror in which each man sees himself/ Hell is place where you don't need anyone's help"

~You got to cry with out weeping. Talk without speaking
    Scream without raising your voice~

I've been watching the Final 24 on Netflix. It's the final 24 hours in a star's life.

So far, I've watched Janis Joplin, JFK Jr, and Tupac. They've been interesting.

My husband told me when he saw I was watching the Tupac one "do we really have to watch this shit" and I told him "why, everybody loves Tupac" and the smartASS tells me "Not the mf'er that killed him". Good point.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBeWithMe View Post
    This one also gets me.

I'll have to look at my Netflix & HBO history to see the names of the ones I liked. I've been watching a lot of documentary flicks lately.

I watched bridged tonight. Crazy shit. And Paris is burning, still not sure how I made it this long without watching that one.

I also watched alive inside a few weeks back. It was good but depressing. The normal kin of thing I subject myself to.

Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    I've been watching the Final 24 on Netflix. It's the final 24 hours in a star's life.

So far, I've watched Janis Joplin, JFK Jr, and Tupac. They've been interesting.

My husband told me when he saw I was watching the Tupac one "do we really have to watch this shit" and I told him "why, everybody loves Tupac" and the smartASS tells me "Not the mf'er that killed him". Good point.
    Thanks! I'm watching Final 24 hours right now. I'm starting with Marvin Gaye. What a tortured soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Queena View Post
    Thanks! I'm watching Final 24 hours right now. I'm starting with Marvin Gaye. What a tortured soul.
    I plan on watching that one next. I'll have to wait until my husband isn't here. He hates doc.

I've learned some interesting stuff that I didn't know about. For example: Janis Joplin. I knew she died of a herion OD, but I didn't know her herion was considered pure at 50% because the dealer didn't dilute it down. I also didn't know that 9 other people died in the same area around that time due to undiluted herion.

Also, after watching 2pac's- I really believe the dude that killed him was the dude he previously beat up in the lobby earlier that night.

I watched The Pruitt-Igoe Myth on Netflix a couple of years ago (I didn't check to see if it's still there). It's about the rise and fall of a housing project in St. Louis, MI. If you're into urban sociology I think you'll enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by moosella View Post
    I watched The Pruitt-Igoe Myth on Netflix a couple of years ago (I didn't check to see if it's still there). It's about the rise and fall of a housing project in St. Louis, MI. If you're into urban sociology I think you'll enjoy it.
    Sadly, it's no longer available.

I binge watched all of The Final 24. Very good show. A lot of stuff I didn't know. Now I'm watching Family Affair, it's about a boy who killed his sister.

Senior Member UncomfortablyNumb's Avatar
    Yeah, I have watched There's Something Wrong with Aunt Diane twice. That story really gets to me. I don't understand how the family says that she didn't drink often but then she decides to drink and smoke weed while having a van full of children?? I've been crossfaded, and I would definitely crash a car if I chose to drive. Mixing weed and alcohol will fuck you right the fuck up. I do not understand what happened there at all.

And Dear Zachary...I went into it saying I would not cry, and I did good until the end of the movie when the guy filming dedicated it to the guy's parents. I felt so sad for them.

I downloaded The Bridge, but I can't find the Bridgend documentary anywhere to watch. I don't have a netflix account.

ETA: Also, The Staircase was awesome. I still don't know if I think he did it or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    She transitioned from a stupid asshole to a dumb bitch.

Not a film documentary, but has anyone else gotten into the podcast Serial? Id been hearing about it but never knew what it was about. Then read an article about it and was like WGAT?! HOW HAVE I NOT BEEN FOLLOWING THIS!!!? I started it last night and its really good.

I watched the culture high last night. It was a good watch, its basically about the politics behind marijuana prohibition.

Grass (1999) A stupid Canadian pot-doc putting blame on the usual suspects.

Woodstock (1970) Needs no explanation.

Refused are F**king Dead (2006) A bit pretentious, but these guys were awesome.

Warrendale (1967) One word - Intense

Why We Fight (2005) Everyone loves propaganda and the military-industrial complex. Right?

I've had a ton of time to watch these between recovering from a spinal fusion, bed rest while pregnant and just in general having a chronic illness. I just realized my list is pretty long.

I really enjoyed the following:

The Lynching of Carlie Lynch

After Tiller

The Central Park Five

The Paradise Lost movies

Long Way Round

The Waiting Room

Bridgegroom

The Queen of Versailles

(A)sexual

The Business of Being Born

Science of Babies

Touching the Void

Until the Light Takes Us

Food Inc.

The Atomic Cafe

Six Days to Air

The Cove

Who Killed the Electric Car

How to Die in Oregon

Just Melvin, Just Evil

My Kid Could Paint That

Cocaine Cowboys

The Other F Word

The Dancing Boys of Afghanistan

On my list to watch:

Deliver Us from Evil

The Think Blue Line

We Were Here

The Punk Singer

The Up series

Boy Interrupted

The Golden Gate Bridge Suicides

The Bridge

Child of Rage

Grey Gardens

Paris is Burning

Dear Zachary

The Corporation

Baraka

For the Bible Tells Me So

P.O.P

After Innocence

Waiting for "Superman"

Serving Life

Loved The Other F Word. Some other music docs that I love are The Gits, Joy Division and the one about The New York Dolls.

"Theoretical physics can prove that an elephant can hang from a cliff with its tail tied to a daisy. But use your eyes, your common sense".... JIM GARRISON

Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    Wow, that looks fascinating.

Also, I watched this on Netflix last week. Hadn't heard of it before.

Since 2007, dozens of young people have been found hanged in Bridgend, a town in southern Wales. Many of them knew one another-they were friends, neighbors, and family. The striking similarities between their deaths have confounded authorities and struck fear into the hearts of parents. Headlines splashed across the UK earned Bridgend its infamous nickname: "Death Town."

http://www.bridgendthemovie.com/story.php
    I just watched this! So good.

Thread Information