Thread: Man decapitates 5-year-old sister in front of Police officer

Man decapitates 5-year-old sister in front of Police officer

(CNN) -- By the time the police officer kicked the door in, it was too late. Kerby Revelus was holding his 5-year-old sister, Bianca, and while the officer watched, he dragged a kitchen knife across her throat with such fury that he decapitated her.

Samantha Revelus, 17, had called 911 for help after her brother attacked his sisters with a knife.
    1 of 3

"It's hard to imagine that kind of horror," said Milton, Massachusetts, Police Chief Richard G. Wells Jr.

Mere seconds passed before other officers arrived and rushed into the home in the tony Boston suburb of 25,000.

Police had received a 911 call from another Revelus sibling, 17-year-old Samantha. Suffering from several deep cuts in her upper body, she was losing strength.

"It was clear that she knew she was mortally wounded," Wells said. Watch police chief discuss decapitation ?

Samantha managed to explain that her 23-year-old brother had attacked his sisters with a knife, police said. When she was no longer able to keep talking, the injured teen handed her 9-year-old sister, Sarafina Revelus, the phone.

All the while, the kids' grandmother was doing laundry in the basement, apparently unaware of the savagery upstairs, police said. Mother Regina Revelus was at work, and father Vronze Revelus was not at home.

As officers surrounded the home and rushed into every room, Kerby ran into a bedroom where Samantha was on the floor, dead. Sarafina was on the floor near her sister's body, according to Wells.

Kerby Revelus then began attacking Sarafina with the knife, Wells said, prompting police to open fire and kill him.

On Tuesday, the two slain siblings and their attacker were buried together. Sarafina Revelus returned home Tuesday after undergoing surgery Monday morning for wounds.

It was not the first time police have visited the home answering a domestic violence call, Wells said.

In September 2004, Kerby Revelus was arrested for punching one of his sisters in the face as they fought about money, the chief said. The Boston Herald identified the sibling as Jessica Revelus, who was not in the home during Saturday's attack.

Don't Miss
    WCVB: Girl who survived knife attack returns home
    Jessica Revelus told officers at the time that "she was not in fear of her brother," according to a police report from the incident, the Boston Herald reported. A charge of domestic assault and battery was dismissed because she refused to cooperate, Wells said.

Kerby was then in his last year at Milton High School.

But Kerby was in trouble a year later, in 2005, when he was charged with carrying a firearm without a license after he attempted to purchase alcohol at a Randolph, Massachusetts, liquor store. He was given a six-month sentence and was released in September 2008.

CNN reached Jessica Revelus by phone Tuesday. She seemed distraught and said she had not been able to sleep. Her brother's rampage came, she said, "out of the blue."

When asked whether he had a temper or had given any indication that he might want to hurt his sisters, she said, "I don't know. I am not good right now. I am not good."

On Monday, Jessica Revelus told the Boston Herald that "I was never afraid of him. I called the police because he thought he was so big and bad."

Jessica Revelus told the newspaper that her sister Samantha "would get into arguments" with Kerby over "little stuff" and that Kerby and her father were not speaking.

Police are unclear about what set the brother off Saturday, and Wells said he's being careful not to speculate.

Vronze and Regina Revelus said through a family spokesman that they had "no explanation" for their son's savagery, according to the Boston Herald.

"How much can you put on the shoulders of one family?" Wells asked.

Wells praised the first officer on the scene Saturday.

"I don't have words to articulate how this officer maintained his ability to do his job, " he said. "To go in and witness that first thing, just as he opens the door and stay on his radio through the whole thing ..."

He added that the horror of the day rippled through the force. "You can bet that our officers went home after this, and they hugged their wives and their children that much tighter. I hope that for this family and for my officers, that there can be a way to get through.

"We are going to try to make them whole as soon as possible, even though the events of this past weekend will stay with them forever."

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/03/31/...l?iref=24hours -source

NO, NO, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Fibro Fog has taken over. I am in a constant state of dyscognition so please excuse my retardation.
    'The worst things in the world are justified by belief'- Raised by Wolves SOI

"Your life is short, it's the longest thing you'll ever do/ the worse the curse was that your dreams came true/
    God is a mirror in which each man sees himself/ Hell is place where you don't need anyone's help"

~You got to cry with out weeping. Talk without speaking
    Scream without raising your voice~

That is the most horrible thing ever

Sniped from article above.

CNN reached Jessica Revelus by phone Tuesday. She seemed distraught and said she had not been able to sleep. Her brother's rampage came, she said, "out of the blue."

When asked whether he had a temper or had given any indication that he might want to hurt his sisters, she said, "I don't know. I am not good right now. I am not good."

On Monday, Jessica Revelus told the Boston Herald that "I was never afraid of him. I called the police because he thought he was so big and bad."
    BBM:
    Reporters ask the dumbest questions.

I remember when this happened, hard to forget.
    Godspeed, Bianca

Fibro Fog has taken over. I am in a constant state of dyscognition so please excuse my retardation.
    'The worst things in the world are justified by belief'- Raised by Wolves SOI

"Your life is short, it's the longest thing you'll ever do/ the worse the curse was that your dreams came true/
    God is a mirror in which each man sees himself/ Hell is place where you don't need anyone's help"

~You got to cry with out weeping. Talk without speaking
    Scream without raising your voice~

wibbly wobbly timey wimey Seraphim's Avatar
    ARE. YOU. FUCKING. KIDDING. ME.

Two sisters and the brother who killed them with a kitchen knife will share a single funeral service and be buried together.

Samantha Revelus, 17, and her sister, Bianca, 5, were killed at their home in Milton, Massachusetts, on Saturday. Police shot the girls' brother, Kerby Revelus, 23, after an officer saw him decapitate the younger girl. A surviving sister, 9-year-old Saraphina, was recovering at a Boston hospital Monday after having surgery.

Ernst Guerrier, a Boston attorney and family friend, said he spent Monday morning with Haitian immigrant parents Regine and Vronze Revelus as they made plans to bury the three together.

"They are still dealing with the shock and disbelief of losing three of their children," said Guerrier.
    Even tho this happened in 2009, it's still extremely sad.
    The poor baby's birthday cake was still on the kitchen table. In a lot of the articles I've read on this story, it is stated over and over that there were NO SIGNS that Kerby could do something this violent- uh, I disagree. This boy had a violent past. He was known for beating up on his sisters. He had already served time in prison. He even "talked to himself" when he got out of prison. He carried guns around.http://www.patriotledger.com/article...News/303319485

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Wait a minute...... COPS DIDN'T IMMEDIATELY OPEN FIRE ON A BLACK GUY????

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    Wait a minute...... COPS DIDN'T IMMEDIATELY OPEN FIRE ON A BLACK GUY????

Ron, did you read the article? HAHA

Kerby Revelus then began attacking Sarafina with the knife, Wells said, prompting police to open fire and kill him.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    Ron, did you read the article? HAHA

Yea, but they didn't shoot fast enough to save her?? I guess this way they get two dead ninjas for the price of one. Well played, cops.
    Last edited by Ron_NYC; 09-01-2014 at 08:43 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    Even tho this happened in 2009, it's still extremely sad.
    The poor baby's birthday cake was still on the kitchen table. In a lot of the articles I've read on this story, it is stated over and over that there were NO SIGNS that Kerby could do something this violent- uh, I disagree. This boy had a violent past. He was known for beating up on his sisters. He had already served time in prison. He even "talked to himself" when he got out of prison. He carried guns around.http://www.patriotledger.com/article...News/303319485

i can't imagine. i was shocked when i saw they were adopted. broke my heart even more.

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    This is the saddest, sickest story I have ever read. Now let me go find something happy, fast. Poor kids! OMG!

Was there any argument before he started attacking his sisters? Or did he just all of a sudden start stabbing them? Sounds like definite mental issues.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Thread Information