Thread: "Purge" Threats Made To At Least 14 U.S Cities - FBI Hope All Are Hoaxes But Warned Residents To Stay Inside At The Scheduled Time

"Purge" Threats Made To At Least 14 U.S Cities - FBI Hope All Are Hoaxes But Warned Residents To Stay Inside At The Scheduled Time

Lol. I found this because some guy was freaking out about the "midnight August 31 St Paul Purge" on St Paul P.D's fb page. So I googled it - which the guy might've done too, only to see the FBI wasn't doing much besides hoping everything was going to be just fine. Which it probably is - but there's going to be a few trembly tinfoil hats in St Paul (& the other cities listed below) on the 31st

- & I would advise people NOT to approach stranger's homes for assistance after midnight. Life-threatening emergency or not.

http://www.ocalapost.com/fbi-hopes-p...es-are-a-hoax/

Residents across America are being warned of possible real life purges (inspired by the movie ?The Purge?) rumored to commence over the next few weekends.
    In Louisville, police are warning residents of a potential purge after fliers began to pop up around*the city.
    While authorities are hoping this is a hoax, the FBI and LPD are urging residents to stay in their homes during the scheduled ?purge.?

?Due to circumstances that have trended nationally in regards to flash mob violence, in light of what occurred this past spring here, we realize that these things can occur in an instance,? said Louisville Police Sgt. Phil Russell.

A Katy Perry concert is scheduled on Saturday night in Louisville and One Direction will be appearing in Detroit on Saturday and Sunday evenings. Area police are thinking these may be targets.

And Louisville isn?t the only city in America that is being targeted.

Below is a list of cities*where fliers have been found:

Las Vegas, Nevada: Saturday, August 16 from 12 a.m. to 6 .a.m
    Phoenix, Arizona: Wednesday, August 20 from 12 a.m. to 6 a.m.
    Jacksonville, Florida: Sunday, August 31 from 12 a.m. to 6 a.m.
    Louisville, Kentucky: Friday, August 15 from 8:00 p.m. 6:30 a.m.
    Detroit, Michigan: Friday, August 15 from 12 a.m. to 6 a.m.
    Los Angeles, California: Saturday, August 16 from 7 p.m. to 7 a.m.
    San Antonio, Texas: Friday, August 15 from 12 a.m. 6 p.m.
    Atlanta, Georgia: Sunday, August 31 from 12 a.m.
    Vallejo, California: Friday August 31 from 12 a.m. to 6 a.m.
    St. Paul, Minnesota: Sunday, August 31 from 12 a.m. to 6 a.m.
    Interlachen, Florida: Sunday, August 31 from 12 a.m. to 6 a.m.
    Lake Worth, Florida: Sunday, August 31 from 12 a.m. to 6 a.m.
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin: Sunday, August 31 from 12 a.m. to 6 a.m.
    Houston, Texas: Friday, August 31 from 12 a.m. to 6 a.m.
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania: Sunday, August 24 8 p.m.
    San Francisco, California: Friday, August 22 5 a.m.
    Miami, Florida: Date and Time TBA
    Tallahassee, Florida: Date and Time TBA
    Bay Area, California: Date and Time TBA

As additional dates are released, the aforementioned*list will be updated.

?We are aware of ?The Purge? postings (based on the fiction contained in a movie) and are looking into this. Obviously, we will not discuss tactics, but as with any perceived threat, we appreciate the assistance of the public in passing that along to us,? said Jacksonville Sheriff John Rutherford.

Officials*say cities that are not on the list should still use caution.
    Potential targets would be sporting events, concerts, fairs, and any other places that would have a high person count. If you are traveling, make sure you know your exact route and try to avoid any high crime or high gang areas.

The police and FBI are taking this very seriously.

In July, as ?The Purge Anarchy? hit theaters, a social media ?purge? began circulating nude photos of teenagers.

One Instagram page, which was eventually reported and taken down, posted*?DM [Direct Message] us dirty pictures and messages of people and we?ll tag them.?

The FBI tracked down an online ?purge? owner*in Miami, Florida.

The FBI said hopefully this is all a hoax, but it is always best to prepare. If you?re observant and careful, everything should*be fine.

Below are a few links from the FBI and the Department of Homeland Security on what to do in an active shooter situation.

http://www.dhs.gov/xlibrary/assets/a...er_booklet.pdf
    http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cirg/act...de-fight-video
    Authorities do not know where the threats originated from, but say they are investigating a group of teenagers.
    If citizens see anything suspicious, or know of criminal activity taking place you are asked to contact authorities immediately.

[Last updated on August 17, 2014, at 12:39 a.m.]
    ?We are investigating a teen for starting ?the purge? threats,?*said Louisville Police Sgt. Phil Russell. ?Despite the fact that nothing happened on the night of the purported purge, we aren?t taking any*chances and are increasing security at the state fair over the weekend to offset any potential mischief.?

Authorities said it does appear to be*a hoax, but they are not letting their guard down.

Police would not release the teens name to Ocala Post, but provided the following statement that the teen allegedly gave to his school newspaper.

*?I was sitting in my house and watching ?The Purge,? and I thought of the tweet and picture that started it. But didn?t think it?d get that big from there. I didn?t mean any harm by this at all. I love my city.?

Police said when they visited the teen at his home, he*told them he was only kidding. According to police, the teen*also stated he thought it would be fun.

There have not been any legitimate threats of a ?purge? in Ocala; only speculation.

[Last updated on August 24, 2014, at 12:28 a.m.]
    Authorities said based upon the weight of evidence, the fliers appear to represent a series of poorly executed Internet hoaxes, primarily perpetrated by small groups of teenagers that have said, ?they though it would be fun.?

The FBI said they will continue investigating the threats and the individuals responsible for making the threats.
    At this time, according to the FBI, no charges have been filed against any of the teens involved.
    Last edited by blighted star; 08-28-2014 at 01:44 AM.

http://www.viralglobalnews.com/u-s-s...-or-not/14790/

[Update]: The Phoenix purge threat expired Wednesday morning. There was a small fire set on someone?s property but was placed out by police. Additionally, reports indicated a teenager started shouting he was going to kill people, but that has not been confirmed at this time. Parts of Phoenix were more concerned about flooding following a storm Tuesday morning. No calls were reported as extraordinary, or especially concerning. Viral Global News will update this story if further information is received.

[Original]: It appears The Purge threats are continuing across the nation. Recently, Detroit and Louisville experienced a weekend of uncertainty following threats of a real life purge. The Purge movie released in 2013, which depicts an environment that permits citizens pure lawlessness for a span of 12 hours. The rules within the movie The Purge Exclude high ranking officials on the spree of murders, and no weapons beyond ?Class 4″ are used, during the 12 hour span. The movie was controversial and it appears young adults are taking the concept of the movie and developing fliers to incite mass panic. This past weekend, residents stayed at home when a Louisville flier was released on social media channels.

A similar flier was released about a ?purge? in Detroit, and Twitter became a hotbed of activity during the overnight hours. Listening to the police radio, there were calls of some banging on garage doors, someone tossing a dildo at a car (we kid you not), and two murders. Police advised the murders were potentially not connected with The Purge threat in Louisville.

Little else was actually done, including events that were canceled. While the movie depicts a sense of loss, confused residents, and government sponsoring, the real world does not. Police cruisers tracked through neighborhoods in both cities, and responded to minor calls all evening long. Many residents in both cities took up arms. It showed how quickly America could go behind closed doors based on a scary looking flier. The mass panic instilled a sense of retreat and protect. Many were concerned for young children in their homes, the elderly and store owners. Currently, Louisville police are questioning a teen who reportedly made the flier.

Now, the most recent threats are revolving around several cities for later this month, including the Bay Area in California. See below for a list of areas that have received fliers advising their city is next.

August 20 12:00am ? 6:00am Phoenix,
    Arizona August 22 8:30pm ? 6:30pm
    Delaware, Ohio

August 25 12:00am ? 6:00am
    Bay Area, California

August 31 *12:00am ? 6:00am
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Vallejo, California
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Interlachen, Florida
    Lake Worth, Florida
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin
    Houston, Texas
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
    Cleveland, Ohio

What many should understand is police and FBI officials are looking into the threats and those who are announcing on social media they are ?participating? in the events. Additionally, it is worth noting many residents in the named cities are concealed carry holders ? fabricating a threat to ?scare? a resident can lead to a gruesome ending. There are no scripts, and no director will shout to ?cut.?

Much too often the appeal before a camera influences undesirable responses from the public. A clear issue with those who cannot seem to derive enjoyment, but an insecure notion to post ?shock? materials (fliers), following a movie. Florida alone has over 1.2 million active concealed carry permits, California has a smaller number around 35,000. Georgia has an approximate 600,000 concealed carry permit holders, Ohio has over 300,000; Texas hold over 580,000 active concealed carry permit holders and PA around 780,000.

A game of fliers and masks can turn into a deadly game of the unknown if adults, young adults and teens immerse in the activities spreading on social media. During this past weekend, the streets of Louisville were quiet as residents took shelter in their homes, and nothing extraordinary was reported, outside of some minor instances. Are*The Purge threats real or not? Not even officials can confirm, but advise of the harsh consequences to those who actively participate in trying to incite public panic.

Sure kids! Texas seems a very sensible choice for a Purge prank!!
    Last edited by blighted star; 08-28-2014 at 02:08 AM.

Somebody sent out Purge messages around here to all the kids.

Ha. The police knocked down his door and it was a 12 year old kid. He said he did it as a joke.

ETA: I was wrong. He was 14
    http://www.mansfieldnewsjournal.com/...rges/14261687/

ONTARIO ? A 14-year-old might face charges for inducing panic after he created a Facebook page for a fake purge in Ontario.

Mimicking similar sites created in Louisville, Kentucky, and Delaware, Ohio, the teen reportedly set up a time and location for citizens to meet in Ontario for a ?purge,? Ontario Detective Jon Sigler said.

The teen told police, ?My sole intent was to see what people had to say, and see their reactions in the comments,? Sigler said.

The teen is not being named because charges have not been filed. The Richland County Prosecutor?s Office is reviewing the case.

The teen did not directly make any threats or encourage people to commit crimes, Sigler said, but the Facebook event caused a stir in the community, nonetheless.

?There was a lot of fear originally because people have seen the movie and knew what a purge meant,? Sigler said.

The idea behind the movement follows the plot of two box office hits ?The Purge? and its sequel ?The Purge: Anarchy,? where all crime is legal for 12 hours, every year, to ?purge? the population of illegal behavior.

Concerned parents and community members who saw the event called Ontario police and left messages on their Facebook page starting around 9 p.m. Saturday, an hour after the page was created, Sigler said.

According to the event details, the purge was scheduled from 8:30 p.m. Sunday until 6:30 a.m. Monday, with the attached address 467 Shelby-Ontario Road, the location of Ontario High School.

?That made it even more serious,? Sigler said of the choice of address.

The Facebook page has since been taken down.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Ours already "happened" so I think it's safe to say it's a hoax.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Lol. Definitely. It's the guys like Theodore Wafer that I worry might not see it quite so clearly - imagine the result if someone threw a dildo at a guy like him

I had to google what it was because I've never even heard of the movie.

These are all just kids behind a computer trying to be funny.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Who knows.

The movie was just shown on one of the subscription channels.

I don't think it's funny. My kid got in serious trouble after saying something on AIM, a couple of years after Columbine. "A threat over the phone or internet is taken more seriously because the person can't see your face." Or some crap like that. LE is getting too lax in these matters, IMO.

Then there's this:
    http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/27/us/tsa...ton/index.html
    I think they let her go.

I need a new avi.

There's also that part at the start of the movie where there's a black guy begging for help outside the house & the kid feels bad & lets him in before his dad can stop him - paranoid types are going to be extra trigger happy if anyone does genuinely knock at their door for help & is unlucky enough to choose some little shit's prank night to do it, because even that mimics the actual movie

Quote Originally Posted by The Crone View Post
    Who knows.

The movie was just shown on one of the subscription channels.

I don't think it's funny. My kid got in serious trouble after saying something on AIM, a couple of years after Columbine. "A threat over the phone or internet is taken more seriously because the person can't see your face." Or some crap like that. LE is getting too lax in these matters, IMO.

Then there's this:
    http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/27/us/tsa...ton/index.html
    I think they let her go.

I need a new avi.

I saw that last night but didn't read it. So her boyfriend's ex reported her & now there's been no further action?
    Looks like a jealous ex trying to get the new girlfriend in shit. I feel bad for her. If that's what really happened, everyone will remember the article accusing her, but no-one will hear about the follow-up.

I'll be barricading my door Sunday JIC. The area I live in is full of the type of punks who'd love to fuck with people
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    SMH. White people! Always trying to help and shit.

Last month outside of the city I was in had this going around. Only one person on my fb even talked about it and the news saying it was just a prank and to ignore it. It's already a bad area with a lot of killings.

I listened to the police scanners the night the Louisville purge was going down. Fucking 4chan people were calling in all sorts of prank calls. After about an hour of that you could really tell that the emergency workers were getting really sick of it. They had law enforcement searching around the city looking for a giraffe. Then some real stuff went down like someone throwing a dildo at a car and a dude robbing a store and getting away with only a 12 pack of beer and a pickle. It was just a typical night in Louisville to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Amy1217 View Post
    a 12 pack of beer and a pickle.
    These fuckers better step off my beer and pickles or I'll give them whatfor!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    SMH. White people! Always trying to help and shit.

Thread Information