Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Journalist James Wright Foley (40) was beheaded by ISIS militants

Oh okay, thanks. I don't think I would be able to watch the whole unedited version either.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Here could have been one of the reasons he was killed.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headline...-hostage-says/

I've always heard that the US doesn't make deals, but I don't think I've ever realized that other countries do pay ransom for their citizens.

i made the mistake of watching the nick berg one, i won't watch this one.

This is sickening.

Heartbreaking to know other countries paid to free their journalists and to know he suffered while in captivity per the other prisoners' stories ... I have not watched and will not watch his execution ... you can tell his courage and bravery from the still photos prior to his execution ..... I don't know how his family can handle this but they have shown such grace and pride in their son who pursued his passion for journalism.

"Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves" .. Confucius
    "The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation " ...... Henry David Thoreau

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellaboo View Post
    Heartbreaking to know other countries paid to free their journalists and to know he suffered while in captivity per the other prisoners' stories ... I have not watched and will not watch his execution ... you can tell his courage and bravery from the still photos prior to his execution ..... I don't know how his family can handle this but they have shown such grace and pride in their son who pursued his passion for journalism.
    America doesn't negotiate with terrorists. Only Big Pharm and other Corporations that mean us NO harm.......
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Yet we negotiated to get Bergdahl back.

possible suspect in the killing, british rapper, Abdel-Majed Abdel Bary:

http://www.smh.com.au/world/rapper-i...24-107w1i.html
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    possible suspect in the killing, british rapper, Abdel-Majed Abdel Bary:

http://www.smh.com.au/world/rapper-i...24-107w1i.html
    Yep, the news says it's this guy- the rapper.

AND here he is

Uh oh, there are news reports that a video was just released supposedly showing Steven Sotloff being beheaded as well.

http://abc11.com/news/internet-video...-group/291406/

BEIRUT -- Internet video purports to show beheading of US reporter Steven Sotloff by Islamic State group.

ABC11 will update this story when more information becomes available.

ugh
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

Yup, apparently it's true. Shit.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/02/world/...html?hpt=hp_t1

The ISIS terror group has published a video titled "A second message to America," showing the beheading of American journalist Steven Sotloff.

The video also threatens the life of British captive, David Haines.

Sotloff speaks to the camera before he is killed, saying he is "paying the price" for U.S. intervention.

The masked ISIS figure in the video speaks to U.S. President Barack Obama, telling him, "Just as your missiles continue to strike our people, our knife will continue to strike the necks of your people."
    Last week, Sotloff's mother Shirley Sotloff released a video pleading with ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi not to kill her son.

"Steven is a journalist who traveled to the Middle East to cover the suffering of Muslims at the hands of tyrants. Steven is a loyal and generous son, brother and grandson," she said. "He is an honorable man and has always tried to help the weak."

Sotloff appeared last month in an ISIS video showing the decapitation of another American journalist, James Foley. The militant in the video warned that Sotloff's fate depended on what President Barack Obama did next in Iraq.
    Steven Sotloff disappeared while reporting from Syria in August 2013, but his family kept the news secret, fearing harm to him if they went public.

Out of public view, the family and a number of government agencies have been trying to gain Sotloff's release for the past year.

Sotloff, 31, grew up in South Florida with his mother, father and younger sister. He majored in journalism at the University of Central Florida. His personal Facebook page lists musicians like the Dave Matthews Band, Phish, Miles Davis and movies like "Lawrence of Arabia" and "The Big Lebowski" as favorites. On his Twitter page, he playfully identifies himself as a "stand-up philosopher from Miami."
    In 2004, Sotloff left UCF and moved back to the Miami area.

He graduated from another college, began taking Arabic classes and subsequently picked up freelance writing work for a number of publications, including Time, Foreign Policy, World Affairs and the Christian Science Monitor. His travels took him to Yemen, Saudi Arabia, Qatar and Turkey -- among other countries -- and eventually Syria.

CNN's Christiane Amanpour said that Sotloff's killing will step up pressure on Obama to devise a strategy to combat ISIS.
    On Friday, Obama said it's too soon to discuss what steps the U.S. would take against the militant group inside Syria. On how to deal with the group in Syria -- where it was born and has a safe haven, mostly in the city of Raqqa -- the president said: "We don't have a strategy yet."

Obama said on Friday that he has asked America's top defense officials to prepare "a range of options."
    Obama on ISIS -- No strategy yet

I'm not one to follow this sort of stuff usually, but please tell me no more American journalists are continuing to go there? I mean, that's just some scary shit. You couldn't pay me enough to travel there, for any reason.

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Next up is a British guy apparently. This is ridiculous.

Do you think Foley/Sotloff were sedated at all? I'm amazed how calm they seem to be (tense but calm) knowing they're about to die a horrific death. If I imagine myself in that situation, I'd probably be shaking from fear and hardly be able to speak. So, I was wondering if they're sedated. Or maybe it's just some sort of coping mechanism that naturally kicks in....or they're just so so brave.

Quote Originally Posted by HelloItsMe View Post
    Do you think Foley/Sotloff were sedated at all? I'm amazed how calm they seem to be (tense but calm) knowing they're about to die a horrific death. If I imagine myself in that situation, I'd probably be shaking from fear and hardly be able to speak. So, I was wondering if they're sedated. Or maybe it's just some sort of coping mechanism that naturally kicks in....or they're just so so brave.
    I was amazed at how calm they seemed also. My guess is they wouldn't sedate them, as that may put them to ease and I'm sure they want them to suffer. My guess is, them being held captive for so long in the conditions they were in (and probably beaten/tortured throughout) maybe the death was almost welcomed? Like, finally their suffering is ending.

I don't know how I would be after being held captive by people like them for so long. But if I were about to be beheaded, no way in hell would I make it easy on them. I would wriggle around, spit, do whatever and be a pain in the ass.
    Last edited by Nic B; 09-02-2014 at 01:41 PM.

I was amazed at how calm they seemed also. My guess is they wouldn't sedate them, as that may put them to ease and I'm sure they want them to suffer. My guess is, them being held captive for so long in the conditions they were in (and probably beaten/tortured throughout) maybe the death was almost welcomed? Like, finally their suffering is ending.

I don't know how I would be after being held captive by people like them for so long. But if I were about to be beheaded, no way in hell would I make it easy on them. I would wriggle around, spit, do whatever and be a pain in the ass.
    That's a good point - maybe that's it. Being captive for so long, they have no doubt seen many terrible things and may be ready for it to be over. Even so, I can't imagine being that calm. They must be threatened with torture or something to get them to give those stupid scripted speeches too. Otherwise, why say those things if you're going to die either way.

Where they don't have maps.......such as..
    I can imagine WANTING to die...but almost ANY way other than that!
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star
    I was about to be annoyed that this thread was still active, but I see now it's morphed into offers of sex for chilli confectionary, so carry on guys :)

That's a good point - maybe that's it. Being captive for so long, they have no doubt seen many terrible things and may be ready for it to be over. Even so, I can't imagine being that calm. They must be threatened with torture or something to get them to give those stupid scripted speeches too. Otherwise, why say those things if you're going to die either way.

I read somewhere that they are protecting another prisoner by saying those speeches.

I just can't imagine how horrifying their last few minutes were in their head.

Don't forget why we call them terrorists. The scene is supposed to be as horrifying as possible. Those guys died bravely to keep the idiots from getting what they wanted. The families, too, have been putting a good show of strength.

RIP James Foley and Steven Sotloff.

Quote Originally Posted by The Crone View Post
    Don't forget why we call them terrorists. The scene is supposed to be as horrifying as possible. Those guys died bravely to keep the idiots from getting what they wanted. The families, too, have been putting a good show of strength.

RIP James Foley and Steven Sotloff.
    I totally agree .... I will not watch the videos of their executions .... the still photos show their bravery. Foley was tortured and subjected to mock crucifixion beatings because of his faith and because he was American per the French hostage who was released for ransom paid.by France. He did not speak out when he was released because he did not want to jeopardize James life.

Per msnbc there are approximately 26 American hostages held by different terrorist groups. They did not identify which groups.

Brave men who died honorably but we do not need to view their vicious slaughter ..... it is not right.

Where they don't have maps.......such as..
    Quote Originally Posted by SuchAClassicGirl View Post
    I can imagine WANTING to die...but almost ANY way other than that!
    And by that way I mean beheaded by a really bad rapper
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star
    I was about to be annoyed that this thread was still active, but I see now it's morphed into offers of sex for chilli confectionary, so carry on guys :)

The exact timing of Mr. Sotloff’s killing was not clear. Many American counterterrorism and intelligence officials had assumed that he died earlier — likely killed, they said, at the same time Mr. Foley was murdered two weeks ago.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/03/wo...tion.html?_r=0
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

I feel so horrible for their families. I didn't have the stomach to watch the videos. The thought of one of my children being viciously murdered and it being videoed for the whole world to see, just kinda knocks the breath out of me.

Knowing that my daughter is going to be deployed in a few months makes this story a little too close to home.
    Last edited by queenaevadamthng; 09-02-2014 at 07:16 PM.

"Theoretical physics can prove that an elephant can hang from a cliff with its tail tied to a daisy. But use your eyes, your common sense".... JIM GARRISON

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    The exact timing of Mr. Sotloff’s killing was not clear. Many American counterterrorism and intelligence officials had assumed that he died earlier — likely killed, they said, at the same time Mr. Foley was murdered two weeks ago.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/03/wo...tion.html?_r=0
    I kind of had a feeling this might be the case. This means that the Brit is already gone too.
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Thread Information