Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Heather Mack (19) and her boyfriend Tommy Schaefer (21) allegedly murdered Heather's mother while on vacation in Bali

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/...ocked-81093228

Woman charged in suitcase murder case to remain locked up

The Chicago woman arrested in the U.S. last week on a murder conspiracy charge in the 2014 slaying of her mother in Indonesia will remain locked up after her attorney waived a detention hearing Wednesday.

U.S. District Judge Charles Norgle agreed to waive the hearing in which attorneys would have argued over whether Heather Mack should be allowed to post bond. Mack, who served seven years behind bars in Indonesia for killing Sheila von Wiese-Mack, sat in the courtroom wearing a orange jail-issued jump suit and shackled at the ankles.

Norgle said Mack's attorney can request another hearing at any time, but if no other hearing is scheduled she will remain in federal custody at least until her next court appearance on Jan. 18.

Attorney Keith Spielfogel did not explain his reasons for deciding against a detention hearing and Mack did not say anything other than to confirm that she did not wish to make a statement.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/...ocked-81093228

Woman charged in suitcase murder case to remain locked up
    Thank God, hopefully it stays that way. She doesnt get her mother's money does she?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Thank God, hopefully it stays that way. She doesnt get her mother's money does she?
    The little girl is the beneficiary of the estate, so if she can get her hands on the little girl she can theoretically get her hands on the money.

The little girl is the beneficiary of the estate, so if she can get her hands on the little girl she can theoretically get her hands on the money.
    God dammit. I hope that never happens.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Is she still with the foster family overseas? I know Heather spoke of letting her stay back.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

OMG, she'll kill that little girl and as the survivor, she'll inherit Stella's estate (no longer her mother's). This chick is evil.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    It's super sad to know that this poor kid is going to become a bargaining chip because of that inheritance. People will look at her and see dollar signs instead of an innocent little girl that never asked for any of this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    I know, right? What the fuck, puke? Willing to take in Boston, an Irish dude and like, 17 dogs but not Ron? poor Ron.

Thread Information